Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Verman posted:

A few friends and I over the past few weeks have started trying to figure out something to do on saturday afternoons here in Chicago that keeps us active and is a lot of fun so we decided to start playing street hockey.

Its pretty fun and casual considering a few of us grew up/still play hockey and a few of the girls have never played before.

The only exception is that I have to construct some nets because the box we were using just doesnt cut it. Go figure I knew I should never have given my street hockey stuff away when I was 14.

My first though was to go for a NHL regulation 4'x6' net but then I figured storage and the fact that were not playing with a goalie makes this sort of overkill. I then decided to maybe try a scaled down version.

Im going to use 2" PVC and possibly go for a 3/4 size net but I havent really decided just yet. Something a little smaller than normal a trip to home depot should
do the trick

Does it need to be full height? You could probably make a 1/2 or 1/3 height, full width goal, that shouldn't take up much space? Or am I not understanding how hockey goes? :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottK
Jun 28, 2006

jovial_cynic posted:

That looks great! I wonder, however, if those huge windows are going to turn that office into a sun room, such that it'll be intolerably hot during the summer. You may want blinds/curtains at some point...
We actually do refer to it as a sunroom, and yes we definitely will need blinds. We plan on putting the white 2" faux wood blinds up, and we may only do so on the front two windows that face the street. The street is a relatively busy one and also they are the two windows that the sun shines through, and it warms the room a good bit.

I actually put a little "window unit" a/c in the back corner of the room (in the small "wall" section beneath the windows) for the summer, and I'm hoping that the sun actually keeps the room warm during the winter.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

Cakefool posted:

Does it need to be full height? You could probably make a 1/2 or 1/3 height, full width goal, that shouldn't take up much space? Or am I not understanding how hockey goes? :downs:

The actual NHL size net is about 4'x6' so Im definitely not going to be making a full size net. I was thinking something along the lines of 2.5'x 3.5' or 3x4. After looking at 2" PVC Im definitely also going to scale down the tubing to 1.25" or 1.5" which will still stand up without being overly constructed.

I also found a net supplier where you can buy net by the yard for a lot cheaper than you can find at a sporting goods store. They make every type of sports netting so I have a lot of options.

FuzzyBuddha
Dec 7, 2003

Didn't wanna start a new thread for this so bumpin' this one. :)

Recently finished building a pinhole camera. This one was just a prototype, just to see where my woodworking skills happen to be (fairly low, apparently.)

Started with the front and rear boards:

Sides and some interior work with flat black paint to prevent reflection:

And completed:

The camera uses 4"x5" large format film. For those not familiar with pinehole cameras, there's no glass lens. Just a thin bit of metal with a tiny hole in it. Despite that, images are pretty clear and the depth of field is nearly infinite.

I'm getting ready to start on another using the lessons learned from this one. Might make a separate thread for that one. :)

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

FuzzyBuddha posted:

Fantastic, what are you using for a shutter & timing?

FuzzyBuddha
Dec 7, 2003

Cakefool posted:

Fantastic, what are you using for a shutter & timing?

There's no real shutter on this camera. Each film cartridge has an opaque cover over the film. In the picture, you'll see there's a little metal handle on the top of the film cartridge. You pull that and the dark slide comes out, exposing the film. Below is an image that probably explains that better.

The next camera I'm working on will actually have a cover over the pinhole lens that can be moved out of the way when I'm ready to take a picture. That will make for a more precise shutter.

As for timing, since the exposures last anywhere from a few seconds to minutes, I simply use my watch. :)

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Do team projects count? :q: My senior design project for mechanical engineering was the design & construction of a recumbent tricycle to compete in a national competition (the ASME Human Powered Vehicle competition).

The frame is 4130 cromoly steel, typical to the bicycle industry. It was designed & analyzed in ProE (our cad package of choice), but the rules required demonstrative proof that it could sustain certain loads to simulate a roll-over. What better way to do it than the gym?

No utility vehicle can go without cargo space. While we had designed the vehicle to have a lot of cargo space - bag beneath the seat as well as a traditional (albeit custom designed) pannier with saddle bags and an overhead cargo box - we only had the time and money to go with one option. The under-the-seat route seemed more novel. The bag zippers open from either side and has a tools & spare parts pouch and a water bottle holder. A square metal frame & a sheet of plastic inside means weight isn't really a concern.

The fairing was probably one of our more ridiculous undertakings. The rules only require that you cover 1/3 of the frontal area. We decided we wanted to have some coverage from rain, but had neither the time, resources, money, nor inclination to do a fully enclosed shell like a velomobile. Balancing the need for coverage with the need to be able to get in and out got us what you see below. It's comprised of four sections riveted together with a frame of 1/4" aluminum rod bent to shape. Some velcro holds it down (this was supplemented later with a bungee cord).

The competition site wasn't announced until a few months into the project, and the choice to go with the full fairing proved to be fortuitous; the competition was in Portland.

One of our big focuses was practicality & ridability by a wide range of people. So, the pedals can adjust for up to a full foot of difference in height without tools or modifying the chain. Additionally, the wheels are all on quick releases and, unlike many recumbents, they simply drop out, allowing for removal without disassembling the brakes as well.

Lights and mirrors. We made the shell that holds the guts of the lights ourselves

They're pretty bright.

Rear lights; brake lights, turn signals and running lights. For some reason these got mistaken a LOT for shock absorbers. The team member who make just followed instructions for making "Angel Eye" lights. They're plastic rods with an LED in a hole in either end. The back is notched and covered with reflective tape.

In the end, we took first place in the design competition and first place overall. It turns out that velcro isn't sufficient to hold the fairing down when it really starts storming in Portland, and so due to having to deal with the thing flopping around we placed second place in the race for our catagory, by a mere 14 seconds in an hour long event. Welp.

landis
Jun 16, 2003

Until the end.
I know several people, including myself, who would ride that beautiful monstrosity. Good job.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

FuzzyBuddha posted:

Is it just me, or is that image flipped horizontally? Cool camera! Totally unrelated to your post, what is the little circuit board in the image with the mechanical hands?

fahrvergnugen
Nov 27, 2003

Intergalactic proton-powered electrical tentacled REFRIGERATOR OF DOOM.
That recumbent is beautiful, and I would totally ride one.

FuzzyBuddha
Dec 7, 2003

Delta-Wye posted:

Is it just me, or is that image flipped horizontally? Cool camera! Totally unrelated to your post, what is the little circuit board in the image with the mechanical hands?

drat. Caught by someone who knows the building. :) Yeah, it's flipped horizontally. Never corrected that after scanning it.

The circuit board in question is the GPS Datalogger shield for the Arduino microprocessor. Another project I'm working on.

nouia
Jun 21, 2005
Small stuff compared to others, but I did make a cool minimalist pot hanger rack from a bar of T6 aluminum. Very cheap kitchen upgrade.

fahrvergnugen
Nov 27, 2003

Intergalactic proton-powered electrical tentacled REFRIGERATOR OF DOOM.
When I first saw my house in 2007, the back bedroom was decorated by the sellers for a newborn baby boy. Unfortunately, while their heart was in the right place, the workmanship was appalling, and there were some... questionable design decisions.

It's hard to make out in those photos, but there's a ring of molding about a foot down from the ceiling, and above it the paint is another shade of blue. Above the trim are patchwork paper cutout biplanes, chasing each other in a circle.

When the sellers left left, they took the curtains, curtain rods, and tore out all the shelving and art. Didn't unscrew it, literally ripped it off the walls, leaving big gaping holes in the plaster. After some thought, my wife & I decided not to waste time patching it up until we'd decided what to do with the room long-term, and in the meanwhile it became her workroom.

Unfortunately, less than a year after buying the house and moving to Colorado, my marriage went to poo poo, and my wife moved out of state. Suddenly I was a single man living alone in a big house with an emptybedroom that was painted for a young boy, and looked like someone had pulled well-anchored restraints out of the wall. If I ever wanted a lady to see the place and not think of me as a dirty pedophile, this had to change.

About the workmanship: It was awful, awful awful. When you looked close, you could see the sellers had only done a single layer of paint. It's a fairly new house, built in '05, and the walls are standard wood frame drywall + knockdown texture. There were huge patches of spotted paint, where they hadn't bothered to get it into the valleys of the wall. They hadn't bothered to remove the wooden blinds or the light fixture or really tape off the baseboards, so there was bleedover everywhere. The paint on the trim was splotchy and runny, inconsistent, and needed another coat as well. The corners weren't fitted, and the trim itself wasn't caulked or sealed in any way. The airplanes had been glued on inconsistently, some were already falling down while others were stuck as though they had been affixed with wallpaper glue.

I had a lot of work to do.

First I ripped down the trim. It turned out that they'd not just nailed it up, but glued it too. The glue either tore off the top layer of drywall and texture, or it left behind big insectile patches hanging on the walls.

Then I took the airplanes off the wall. While a very few came off easily, most others were so slathered up with glue that even when steaming them with an iron and scrubbing them with apple cider vinegar, it still took hours to get a single plane down. There were about 3 dozen in total. Took ages standing on a ladder to get it all done.

Next came sanding down the fuckups left behind by the molding, then spackling them over. Once that was dry, I had my first experience with a can of spray-on knockdown texture. I didn't really get it at first, and when I did I went and wiped off all the patches I'd already done, then re-did them until I was satisfied with the match against the rest of the walls. After that I got some help removing the ceiling fan, then pulled out the blinds, the outlet plates, the closet hardware & doors, the closet trim, and the baseboards. Here's the room finally ready to paint.

I decided after the ceiling was painted that I'd put up crown molding in this room. I'd never done crown molding before, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I finished the painting, bought some lengths of crown, studied a few howto videos on youtube, and went to work.

I don't really regret the decision, but... holy poo poo crown is hard. I blew probably 3x my budget for the crown, just learning how to do the cuts right, buying tools to measure the angles, and blew countless hours on trial & error on test pieces. Even once everything was cut right, the crown itself had a habit of twisting in the center, so we needed three people to hang it so that it would lay flat instead of having one corner lower than the other. Even then the fits weren't perfect, but for my first job I'm reasonably okay with it. Once the crown was painted & hung, I caulked along each edge, and caulked the corner joints. After that, the baseboards went back in. Then I oversank the nails on all of the trim with a finisher, puttied them over, then patched the paint.

About 4 hours with a tiny paintbrush to fix up any ragged edges where the tape didn't stick, and I was ready to replace the doors. There was so much paint on the wood blinds that I wound up using paint stripper on the spots where the blue paint had stuck to them, so I wound up having to restain portions of these as well. Once that was all done, the blinds went back in the windows, the plates went back on the power outlets, and the ceiling fan went back up.

Here's the room painted and empty:

After that it was just a matter of moving in some furniture, hanging curtains, and decorating a bit. Here's the finished product. There's a few things left to do, but overall I'm pretty proud of it (but those lampshades on the bedside lamps have GOT to go, but it turns out that finding cubic/rectangular shades to match the floor lamp is really hard!). It's nothing compared to what some of you guys have done, but my cat seems to like it well enough.

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

I'll show you and your massive chebs the time of your lives you sexy fuck

FuzzyBuddha posted:

Didn't wanna start a new thread for this so bumpin' this one. :)

Recently finished building a pinhole camera. This one was just a prototype, just to see where my woodworking skills happen to be (fairly low, apparently.)

Started with the front and rear boards:

Sides and some interior work with flat black paint to prevent reflection:

And completed:

The camera uses 4"x5" large format film. For those not familiar with pinehole cameras, there's no glass lens. Just a thin bit of metal with a tiny hole in it. Despite that, images are pretty clear and the depth of field is nearly infinite.

I'm getting ready to start on another using the lessons learned from this one. Might make a separate thread for that one. :)

I've made loads of those in the past. Gotta get around to doing a 10x8 sometime. Your images are super crisp, did you buy a lasercut pinhole?

dyne
May 9, 2003
[blank]

nouia posted:

Small stuff compared to others, but I did make a cool minimalist pot hanger rack from a bar of T6 aluminum. Very cheap kitchen upgrade.

oooo that's perfect for my kitchen (exept I'll make mine out of oak). Where'd you pick up those hooks?

FuzzyBuddha
Dec 7, 2003

identikit posted:

I've made loads of those in the past. Gotta get around to doing a 10x8 sometime. Your images are super crisp, did you buy a lasercut pinhole?

Nope. I took a sewing needle and pounded it through a thin bit of aluminum shingle with a hammer. Gotta love brute force. Afterwords, sanded it smooth to remove any burs. Probably not the most efficient method, but it worked. I do have a laser cut pinhole, but it's mounted to a board that I use on another camera.

Oh, and if you've got any pics of your cameras, I'd love to see 'em. Always looking for inspiration. :) I'm about to start another one. I just need to go get the wood for it this weekend.

nouia
Jun 21, 2005

dyne posted:

oooo that's perfect for my kitchen (exept I'll make mine out of oak). Where'd you pick up those hooks?

I got a set at Bed Bath and Beyond, but Amazon has them for cheap, too.

Just be aware that most of these hooks are designed for wire or thin metal bar pot racks, so you're looking at a maximum 1/4" thickness for your oak, which is right on the threshold of what I'd feel comfortable hanging 20 lbs of pots on (especially cast iron). Custom hooks would be easy to make though.

I anchored to the wall using 1/4" toggle bolts because I didn't want to mess around with lining up with the studs.

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

I'll show you and your massive chebs the time of your lives you sexy fuck

FuzzyBuddha posted:

Oh, and if you've got any pics of your cameras, I'd love to see 'em. Always looking for inspiration. :) I'm about to start another one. I just need to go get the wood for it this weekend.

Gave them to my local college a few years back. Going to cheat and create a pinhole front to my large format camera though.

Strict 9
Jun 20, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post

fahrvergnugen posted:

When I first saw my house in 2007, the back bedroom was decorated by the sellers for a newborn baby boy. Unfortunately, while their heart was in the right place, the workmanship was appalling, and there were some... questionable design decisions.

Great post, and fantastic job!

Also, good to know my wife and I were the only people who were hosed with sellers who not only didn't leave shelves and window fixtures as they were supposed to, but tore them out of the wall as they left.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

nouia posted:

Nice idea and nice pans I love my calphalons. I wish I had the wallspace in my kitchen do do such a thing, I installed a magnetic strip in my girlfriends kitchen for her knives but I already have a block for mine so my kitchen looks pretty boring.

Bantaras
Nov 26, 2005

judge not, lest ye be judged.
I was looking for the papercraft thread to post this, but couldn’t find it. My wife wanted me to throw together a little Christmas diorama using an electric train. To make this as cheap as possible, I decided to make all the buildings out of paper by finding some free models on the web. The mountain is papier-mâché’ and this was my first time using it. (very messy!) Even the tunnel portals are paper. I just got a picture of a portal and modified it in photoshop. Some of the buildings had to be resized and modified in photoshop as well. Most of the buildings were used from
here and here.
This is the quick and dirty result:

I cut out some of the windows and replaced with wax paper (folded over a few times) so a light could shine through.(using small Xmas lights behind)
The idea is supposed to be a Christmas Tree farm at the top of the mountain with a small truck delivering them to the depot. A flat car on the train has a few trees being shipped off to parts unknown. The pond is simply a mirror i got off an old medicine cabinet and thanks to ebay, I found some ice skaters.

ugg
Jul 30, 2009

Bantaras posted:

I was looking for the papercraft thread to post this, but couldn’t find it. My wife wanted me to throw together a little Christmas diorama using an electric train. To make this as cheap as possible, I decided to make all the buildings out of paper by finding some free models on the web. The mountain is papier-mâché’ and this was my first time using it. (very messy!) Even the tunnel portals are paper. I just got a picture of a portal and modified it in photoshop. Some of the buildings had to be resized and modified in photoshop as well. Most of the buildings were used from
here and here.
This is the quick and dirty result:

I cut out some of the windows and replaced with wax paper (folded over a few times) so a light could shine through.(using small Xmas lights behind)
The idea is supposed to be a Christmas Tree farm at the top of the mountain with a small truck delivering them to the depot. A flat car on the train has a few trees being shipped off to parts unknown. The pond is simply a mirror i got off an old medicine cabinet and thanks to ebay, I found some ice skaters.

Wow, really good looking low budget project. Where do you plan on storing that beast?

Bantaras
Nov 26, 2005

judge not, lest ye be judged.

ugg posted:

Wow, really good looking low budget project. Where do you plan on storing that beast?

Well. the buildings will be very hard to store till next Christmas, but I'll try. I think the mountain will go in the dumpster, but the table will come apart and be stored in the shed. Next year I'll design another scene and use what I've learned on this attempt. This is all coming down when all the christmas partys are overwith!

jailbait#3
Aug 25, 2000
forum veteran
Amazing stuff. Makes me wonder why so many modelers waste time trying to airbrush expensive plastic buildings. (re: regrets from a wasted childhood spent in front of a model train set)

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Bantaras posted:

Well. the buildings will be very hard to store till next Christmas, but I'll try. I think the mountain will go in the dumpster, but the table will come apart and be stored in the shed. Next year I'll design another scene and use what I've learned on this attempt. This is all coming down when all the christmas partys are overwith!

A lot of model railroaders mount 4 pulleys into the ceiling in their garage/basement to pull a layout up and out of the way with.

You could build a little cover out of cardboard or something to protect it and keep it out of the way.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

this ring is a solid carved piece of nephrite jade that i was asked to turn into a pendant, put a fine silver liner onto it and made a sort of bail for it out of sterling. the ring is removable with a little twiddling. today it gets the final polish and i exchange it for delicious money!

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
This is what I spent the weekend building with my mom. My mom is the biggest steampunk geek on the planet, and she also likes NERF guns. It seemed like the next logical step.

I only (mostly) worked on painting the gears and the rough primer coats on various parts. My mom is kind of a genius when it comes to "special effects" painting and did a remarkable job making acrylic on plastic look like battered metal. The pressure gauge is made from a cannibalized tire gauge.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Ron Burgundy, post that record collection! Hot drat! The projector is way cool though, a projectionist friend of mine has a goal of starting up a homebrew cinema that will start with just friends and see where it goes. I'd like to hook my artist friends up with him to do new screenings too.

Torael_7, you're making me really sad I didn't go to MSOE.

Here's some stuff I've been up to lately:

Having fun with concrete, building a top for an ash/oak turntable stand I built (DONT DO THIS IN YOUR KITCHEN! Silica or whatever dust sucks and is bad)

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

A desk, 36" high, black walnut legs and bookmatched spalted white oak top (its huuuge)

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

Under it is a white ash pseudobookmatched frame, the top/sides are sort of bookmatched. Didn't turn out as cool as I thought it would.

Had to turn the legs in 3 sections cos they were so loooong and I only had a home made lathe steady rest (roller blade wheels)

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Parts mostly done for desk

Rough cut proper profile from 3/4" mdf for 14" hemisphere, turned it on a lathe

..so I could use it as a mold for vacuum forming two pieces of styrene and joining them as a lampshade

..to make this lamp

Click here for the full 453x604 image.

Second ever turned bowl from scrap green white oak

First ever, looks uggo and has a crack, same wood different face of the tree

aforementioned turntable stand, out of an old pallet (white oak & white ash) and a little 22 gauge bent&cut sheet metal to hold the album youre listening to

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

Not an Anthem posted:

Ron Burgundy, post that record collection!

This is the 'wall of sound'. I started collecting records when I was 15, so i've been going 8 years. These Ikea units don't handle 78's very well so they are elsewhere as are my rarities.

Excuse the lovely iPhone pic.

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

Since I posted my projector I've since retired it for a 'portable' machine that was ready to run and a bit more modern, ca 1960's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf8uMwlgJZE

Content:

I really like your Turntable stand, what kind of turntable do you use?

Ron Burgundy fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 20, 2009

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

With our regular location for D&D unavailable for several weeks due to the player being over seas for work i decided to make a gaming table, a bigarse gaming table, so we could keep playing until he got back, and then after.

a plan was made.

Click here for the full 1676x912 image.

Click here for the full 1676x912 image.

and it was posted online, i recieved a lot of comments and had to respond with:

quote:

"this is big fuckoff immovable gaming table project. not ikea flatpack coffee table project."

then construction.

materials laid down

plans altered

bracing affixed

legs assembled and smoothed.

table is upright and matched to the ground.

glass cutout, and set

tabletop corners rounded.

felt laid

hammer in 78 panel pins

Play some D&D that night.

Finish Day 2.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 6, 2010

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Sand the bloody thing back.

Begin Mahogany staining

Finish staining

Varnish coat 1

Varnish coat 2

Varnish coat 3

Project complete:
Game on

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 6, 2010

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

nouia posted:

Wont they rub against the wall?

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Kommando posted:

+5 Table of Awesomeness
That is a genuinely fine nerd surface. You did a fantastic job on it!

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

Kommando posted:

Big Images

Hey, watch the image sizes. 1024 is bordering on the larger size of huge.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I didn't think there were any more image size restrictions. Do we still need to keep stuff under a certain size?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Yeah, I thought 1024x768 was ok now. Especially in places like this where we're trying to show off creative and interesting things we've made. Should we go back to 800x600? :smith:

Also, Kommando, nice table. How did you get the rounded corners? A guide? Tie a string to your router?

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

to be honest i don't understand the table breaking images thing ever since we stopped using tables and switched to css based.... a large image doesn't break the entire thread, the normal posts stay the same width and only the large image's post is widened. Unless you have a really lovely browser or something, that hasn't been a problem for years, but people still get in trouble for it.

I'd rather not have to click on 500 thumbnails. As long as your post doesn't have a lot of text that the person has to continuously scroll over for, it's not a big deal.

not to mention anybody with a widescreen monitor doesn't even notice.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost
The unofficial-official rule is something around the range of 1024 pixels as a max width, unless there's a specific need for a larger image. It's more of a measure to prevent camera dumps of unprocessed images.

Kommando's 1600px image was pushing the limits, and I didn't really feel there was real need to display it fullsize on-forum. Keeping the horizontal scrollbar at bay is just a general forum courtesy, that's all.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Oh, sorry, I didn't even notice a huge image. He must have fixed it before I saw his post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
First post in this thread! Small project, removing one of the rooms in my basement to open up some more space. Looks a lot better, I have to buy some more drop ceiling framing to fix what I broke, and I'd like to get some lights for over in that area. But the hard part is done. This is very low-priority since we hardly use the basement, but I thought I'd get on it because it's free and I didn't have to buy anything.

Before:

After:

Not pictured was the ~10 or so dead mice I pulled out of the wall. Yum! Next demo project will be removing the bar in the basement. It's ugly, big, and we don't use it. I don't have any good pictures of it, but here's some tools sitting on it:

Eventually we'll be removing the hideous paneling and probably doing drywall (with the crazy amount of moisture we've gotten over the summer and this past week the basement was completely dry) and then building a smaller bar type area. I was hoping to do a pool table down there, but I'm not happy with the amount of room have for my parents 8' table they were going to give me.

There is another room adjacent to the one I just removed that would then give us enough room for a pool table, but we're using it as a storage room now and that's not worth it.