Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clamiam
Mar 4, 2008

IF A ROBOT IS BUILT IN THE FORM OF HUMAN BEINGS IT IS HARAAM

Uncle Fumbles posted:

But what does any of this mean to somebody who has never used second life? Why is this a big deal? These guys were sharing and storing information on people griefing the game? I don't see why there's talk of legal action over this. It all seems so harmless and insular.

Let's start with the basics. Remember that Second Life is a "game" where you can own a virtual plot of land on a big virtual "grid" with all the other players. You can customize an avatar to look however you want, and you can build whatever you want on your virtual lawn. Think of it as an MMO version of Garry's Mod.

That kind of freedom, of course, makes it ripe for griefing. So a bunch of comic book neckbeards took it upon themselves to protect all the furries and Goreans from having to suffer through a bunch of a virtual dongs spawning on their e-lawns (i.e. the only place in their life where they don't feel like abject failures). Thus the Justice League Unlimited was born. Its members dress up as comic book superheroes and volunteer their services protecting other basement-dwellers' pixel estates from the horror of ever getting an e-prank pulled on them.

The problem, of course, is that the type of person who dedicates hours of their life to a volunteer job running around in virtual spandex is that, at best, they have an extreme case of the Captain America Complex. And it appears that the employees of Linden Labs (the company that owns SL) had a pretty close relationship with these whackos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks
The Justice League Unlimited are a branch off from the anti-griefing group the Green Lantern Core, they broke apart because the core believed that the JLU's practices were "TOO EXTREME" and the JLU thinks the core are a bunch of pussy roleplayers. (It could be the other way around, GLC came from JLU but I couldn't give a rat's rear end)

Next thing I want to check into is how to inform Warner Brothers that there are a bunch of people on the internet making money off their copyrights and stalking people to boot.

.....I want to see these chumps in a cardboard box dressed as "Super Guy" and "Bat Person" when I am done with them.

EDIT: Found WB's legal dept contact info!

WARNER BROTHERS - LEGAL DEPARTMENT
4000 Warner Boulevard
Burbank, California 91522
818-954-1426

Ephrum fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 13, 2010

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

JewBrown posted:

I dunno if some of this is really griefing, but anyway. Back in the day, I played The Realm which is an MMO released in 1995. Now, one major flaw in this game was that there was no way to trade items securely between players. You simply handed gold/item to another player, and pray they made good on the deal and handed you an item/gold. So to get around this, people used middle-men to do the deal. You hand everything to this person, they make sure it checks out, then hand the stuff to the respective parties. Cue my friend and I taking gross advantage of this system and ripping people off with level 1 characters that we would vouch for as middleman. When they teleported away with the items and gold, we'd pretend we got ripped off, but then later split the booty.

I joined the Angels guild, a big middle man group, just so I could rob people. I stole large amounts of stuff from people and then ruined their reputation by reporting them, so no one else would trade with them or group with them.

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks
Oh and forgot to post one of the raids I participated in that is so thoughtfully and lovingly summarized by these crazy internet people.

Channel 9 News Team
From BrainiacWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Griefing raid in Sandbox Cordova and Sandbox Goguen on April 13, 2009. Members of W-Hat and possible alts of Woodbury University members moved through the sandboxes with a mock news team. The team had a news van, camera men, and several reporters. They focused the majority of their "interviews" with residents over mic as well as pre-recorded questions and sounds/news break music; making a detailed record of the events difficult to capture.

The raid showed a degree of considerable planning as the griefers were extremely well informed. Eventually, prime targets of the attack were Ursa Marenwolf and Jessi Castaignede. The griefers were especially knowledgeable of the Green Lantern Core; and focused many questions to Jessi on the Core's promotion and recruitment tactics (showing inside knowledge) while placing an intolerant sexual overtone edge to everything ask. The raid team displayed knowledge of the functionality of power rings, cited "lax" GLC recruitment, and implied sexual favors were given out to many named guardians. Furries were approached on such subjects as bestiality and homosexuality. Members of GridWatch gave them very little to work with. Some portions were captured in local chat:

[16:53] Jessi Castaignede: what seems to be the trouble here?
[16:53] Finnius Maximus: Thats all the time we have for today, this is Finnius Maximus, signing off!
[16:54] Jessi Castaignede: people dont mind playing in newscast..but not being bugged
[16:55] Jeremiah Pintens: What is the story here, I wonder?
[16:55] Finnius Maximus: Jessi, is it true you've upset our homosexual viewers by misrepresenting their patented term, "fairy"?
[16:55] Finnius Maximus: Are you a real Green Lantern member, or do you just play one on TV?
[16:55] Jessi Castaignede: it is ok to play this way, but please..just do not bug people
[16:56] Finnius Maximus: Is it true you use your ring for less that savory applications?
[16:56] Jessi Castaignede: I am a lantern, and a pixie
[16:56] Tremors Burt: Information wants to be free, Jessi, people need to know.
[16:56] Jessi Castaignede: its fine to be newscasters, even can be fun
[16:56] Finnius Maximus: And how do you feel about the Core's lax recruitment policies recently?
[16:57] Jessi Castaignede: they are never lax
[16:57] Sylauxe Zhao: What about allegations that certain Green Lanterns used bribes to cover up a sex scandle involving KallfuNahuel Matador?
[16:57] Jessi Castaignede: we have more new members coming in
[16:57] Finnius Maximus: Then, if you dont mind me asking, how did you get in?
[16:57] Sylauxe Zhao: a high ranking lantern official
[16:57] Jessi Castaignede: same as everyone else
[16:57] Jessi Castaignede: no, im not a higher ranking lantern
[16:58] Finnius Maximus: Jessi, are you implying that Green Lantern Core forces prospective members into performing sexual favors for admittance?
[16:58] Jessi Castaignede: never
[16:58] Sylauxe Zhao: No, I meant the member KallfuNahuel Matador?
[16:58] Konata Nishi: What is your opinion on Sinestro
[16:58] Sylauxe Zhao: He was recently implicated in a sex scandal involving an underaged furry.
[16:58] Jessi Castaignede: of the times ive met him, I never saw anything bad about him
[16:58] Konata Nishi: Is it true that you two were having an intimate relationship?
[16:58] Finnius Maximus: How do you feel about Sinestro's recent run at the presidency?
[16:59] Jessi Castaignede: sinestro as president couldnt be worse than luthor
[16:59] Jessi Castaignede: and no, I never had a relationship with Kalfu
[16:59] Konata Nishi: Is it true you've been sleeping with Sinestro?
[16:59] Sylauxe Zhao: What are your feelings about Barack Obama publicly stating that you were a quote "fatty"?
[16:59] Jessi Castaignede: I dont think he's my type
[16:59] Finnius Maximus: Do you use his, or your ring for protection?
[17:00] Jessi Castaignede: I maintain my cycle
[17:00] Meif Ling: Jessi how do you feel about the recent allegations by local residents that you are a "loose slut"
[17:00] Jessi Castaignede: must be some other pixie
[17:00] Finnius Maximus: and that, for decencies sake, you should wear more clothing?
[17:01] Jessi Castaignede: i dont think im underdressed
[17:01] Finnius Maximus: Is it true you're not really a fairy, and the wings are just a projection?
[17:01] Sylauxe Zhao: And that you have, quote "had more lantern members inside you than an all green store with a sale"?
[17:01] Jessi Castaignede: they are mine
[17:01] Konata Nishi: ARe the allegations true that you cannot fly?
[17:01] Jessi Castaignede: and no, no relations with the lanterns
[17:01] Meif Ling: How did you do in state rehab, Jessi? Have you had trouble staying off heroin?
[17:01] Konata Nishi: I see
[17:01] Sylauxe Zhao: Is it true that tinkerbell is suing you for copyright infringement?
[17:02] Tremors Burt: Jessi, you do know it still counts if it was only anal sex, right?
[17:02] Finnius Maximus: How do we know thats your wings and not just a trick you did with your ring?
[17:02] Jessi Castaignede: tinkerbell is a good cousin of mine
[17:02] Konata Nishi: Is it true that she called you a "wannabe gently caress?"
[17:02] Konata Nishi: do you have a response to her comments?
[17:02] Jessi Castaignede: I dont think Tink would say that
[17:02] Meif Ling: Jessi is it true that you were arrested last weekend for DUI?
[17:02] Sylauxe Zhao: What of these allegations that indeed, YOU were the one who killed Tupac?
[17:02] Konata Nishi: I have good sources maam
[17:02] Jessi Castaignede: I dont drive a car
[17:02] Finnius Maximus: How do you feel about children using "pixie dust" as a way to get high with their friends?
[17:03] Finnius Maximus: Are you aware it can cause brain damage and paralysis
[17:03] Finnius Maximus: ?
[17:03] Jessi Castaignede: only responsible people should have pixie dust
[17:03] Meif Ling: How are you feeling effected by the recent Linden crackdowns on ageplay?
[17:03] Jessi Castaignede: I dont have any problems im well of age
[17:03] Finnius Maximus: Are you aware of the FDA's findings linking pixie dust to childhood diabetes and lung cancer?
[17:03] Channel 9 NEWS VAN: Please step away from the vehicle.
[17:03] Konata Nishi: Is it true that you were seen leaving a brothel in Thailand?
[17:03] Channel 9 NEWS VAN: Please step away from the vehicle.
[17:03] Jessi Castaignede: no, I was not
[17:04] Sylauxe Zhao: Is it true you are, infact, A MAN?
[17:04] Jessi Castaignede: a brothel?
[17:04] Jessi Castaignede: do I look like a man?
[17:04] Sylauxe Zhao: Can't tell
[17:04] Sylauxe Zhao: you are wearing a skirt
[17:04] Finnius Maximus: Are you, in fact, the ringleader of a pixie dust cartel based out of guatemala?
[17:04] Sylauxe Zhao: never know
[17:04] Meif Ling: What will you be doing about the accusations that you called a police officer a "dirty fag"?
[17:04] Jessi Castaignede: I get along with the police thank you
[17:04] Austion Adamski shouts: anyone want to buy my soda machine?
[17:04] Finnius Maximus: Are you homophobic ma'am?
[17:04] Jessi Castaignede: nope

The raid was finished based on the advice of Kalel Venkman and was executed by Maverick Grunfeld and Jeremiah Pintens. The griefers were told that "Recording secured" both "video and audio." The play resulted in a long pause in the griefing activity and the raid party quickly fell apart.
[edit] Members of the Raid

* Konata Nishi - was dressed very much like Tizzy Teardrop
* Finnius Maximus
* Meif Ling
* Tremors Burt
* Robble Rubble
* Sylauxe Zhao

[edit] Post Event Fallout

Jessi Castaignede was called to the Beta Quadrant to appear before GLC Guardians Cathy Gray and Angelica Nephilim. Jessi attended the meeting assuming it would be a debrief review of the event. Instead, Cathy and Angelica wore Alpha Lantern uniforms and questioned her performance the handling of the situation.

Angelica Nephilim: You are also very visible due to your avatar and presence in the sandboxes,
so they may have been lying in wait for you with loaded questions.

The guardians asserted that Jessi is too exposed being a pixie and going to sandboxes; that she should not respond to griefing calls in a pixie avatar. The internal GLC handling of the event was one of the early Core policy concerns which continued to spill into 2009 for the organization.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Ephrum posted:

[edit] Post Event Fallout

Jessi Castaignede was called to the Beta Quadrant to appear before GLC Guardians Cathy Gray and Angelica Nephilim. Jessi attended the meeting assuming it would be a debrief review of the event. Instead, Cathy and Angelica wore Alpha Lantern uniforms and questioned her performance the handling of the situation.

Angelica Nephilim: You are also very visible due to your avatar and presence in the sandboxes,
so they may have been lying in wait for you with loaded questions.

The guardians asserted that Jessi is too exposed being a pixie and going to sandboxes; that she should not respond to griefing calls in a pixie avatar. The internal GLC handling of the event was one of the early Core policy concerns which continued to spill into 2009 for the organization.

Ahaha what the gently caress, her little club got on her case about being griefed? How can you take something that's so patently stupid this seriously?

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks

Party Boat posted:

Ahaha what the gently caress, her little club got on her case about being griefed? How can you take something that's so patently stupid this seriously?

WELCOME TO SECOND LIFE!

Uncle Fumbles
Jan 22, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Ephrum posted:

It's got stuff like: "WE SUSPECT THIS PERSON IS ABOUT 17, HERE IS HIS PERSONAL INFORMATION INCLUDING HIS FULL NAME, PHONE NUMBER, ADDRESS AND A PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION ALONG WITH A SHITLOAD OF PHOTOS OF HIM. WE ARE PROTECTING THE GRID AS THIS BONY SKINNY KID IS A THREAT IRL AS WELL AS IN SL. WE ARE HEROES *circlejerk*"

Yea that kinda puts it into perspective

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ephrum posted:

Oh and forgot to post one of the raids I participated in that is so thoughtfully and lovingly summarized by these crazy internet people.

Oh my loving god

I knew SL was insane, but... wow.

Renwick Customer
Aug 19, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I just got banned pending age verification on second life. However whenever I go into the account page to attempt to verify, it just asks me to call them? I think I was banned for an hour or something as well, so who knows?

I had only been on for about 45 minutes but I forgot that people seriously get so angry about anything you do. As a giant spider people freak out and honestly act as if you are a real giant spider that has just entered their real house and trapped them in pokeballs. Goddamn.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Renwick Customer posted:

I just got banned pending age verification on second life. However whenever I go into the account page to attempt to verify, it just asks me to call them? I think I was banned for an hour or something as well, so who knows?

I had only been on for about 45 minutes but I forgot that people seriously get so angry about anything you do. As a giant spider people freak out and honestly act as if you are a real giant spider that has just entered their real house and trapped them in pokeballs. Goddamn.

In a related note regarding account locks, they had a big security compromise a while back and everyone's passwords got reset, they get flagged after X amount of time, apparently. My years-old account is locked the same way since they never actually, y'know, notified me, but gently caress calling them, it'll stay locked.

Renwick Customer
Aug 19, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Echophonic posted:

In a related note regarding account locks, they had a big security compromise a while back and everyone's passwords got reset, they get flagged after X amount of time, apparently. My years-old account is locked the same way since they never actually, y'know, notified me, but gently caress calling them, it'll stay locked.

It could be that, or it could be that I told someone that I was 12 years old and they reported me for 'interrupting their work' (horrible creepy fantasy) by trapping them in pokeballs. I'm certainly not going to call them, i'm in the UK and there is no way i'm wasting that money, it would be a fortune. Maybe it'll allow me into my account pages after the ban expires and i'll be able to get around the age verification thing somehow. Anyway I was trying to find the w-hat area but there is just a mall? It's hard to find the goon area at all.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Renwick Customer posted:

I'm certainly not going to call them, i'm in the UK and there is no way i'm wasting that money, it would be a fortune. Maybe it'll allow me into my account pages after the ban expires and i'll be able to get around the age verification thing somehow.

I doubt that it'll auto-expire.

Their number is toll free, however, which means you can call it for free using Skype.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Ephrum posted:

Ursa Marenwolf
Jessi Castaignede
Finnius Maximus
KallfuNahuel Matador
Kalel Venkman
Maverick Grunfeld
Jeremiah Pintens
Angelica Nephilim

Holy gently caress how do people come up with names like these, I'm absolutely gobsmacked just trying to figure out how to remember them :psyduck:

Uncle Fumbles
Jan 22, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Holy gently caress how do people come up with names like these, I'm absolutely gobsmacked just trying to figure out how to remember them :psyduck:

As I recall from my 5 minutes spent on second life before uninstalling that poo poo, you are forced to choose from a list of surnames.

Renwick Customer
Aug 19, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Sebbe posted:

I doubt that it'll auto-expire.

Their number is toll free, however, which means you can call it for free using Skype.

I just did, and was told by an informative man that I would need to send my passport or driving license to Linden Labs. I don't know why anyone would possibly do that. When I asked him if I could just make a new character and bypass all of their verification tests he said yes. Yes I could.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Renwick Customer posted:

I just did, and was told by an informative man that I would need to send my passport or driving license to Linden Labs. I don't know why anyone would possibly do that. When I asked him if I could just make a new character and bypass all of their verification tests he said yes. Yes I could.

So people need to go through a whole load of hassle if someone reports them for being under age? Well there's a griefing vector for you right there. I wonder if there is some threshold that you have to be past for them to take your reports seriously because it seems ripe for abuse.

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

Morpheus posted:

Here is all griefing summed up in a single, elegant picture (stolen from the PYF Funny Picture thread):

http://i45.tinypic.com/25qdo36.png

Potty time is a God. That entire thread was amazing.

Renwick Customer
Aug 19, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

So people need to go through a whole load of hassle if someone reports them for being under age? Well there's a griefing vector for you right there. I wonder if there is some threshold that you have to be past for them to take your reports seriously because it seems ripe for abuse.

This is a good point. What happened to me was:

-I was annoying someone
-Said I was 12 years old (you could fabricate this probably)
-Account suspended pending me mailing or faxing linden labs government ID

Hmm......

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I think people should show at least a basic amount of civility online, it bothers me that when I play an RTS or a FPS the overwhelming majority of people playing are total jackasses.

Heroes of Newerth is the worst of the bunch, all DOTA assholes.

What have I been doing whenever I run into some jackass who goes ape poo poo over a video game?

I often see "big" release movies the night or the day they come out, so I see them before a lot of the general public.

I type out spoilers of every movie I have recently seen as quickly as I can manage, or just copy paste them from a notepad file. This has generated buckets of tears from deserving jackasses in heroes of newerth.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 13, 2010

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Stuck in the middle with you.

Diogines posted:

I think people should show at least a basic amount of civility online

Oh boy, are you ever in the wrong place :v:

Though it would have been funny to drop a bunch of "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!" -type stuff just to piss people off in a few of the more awful games I've played.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Jadz posted:

Oh boy, are you ever in the wrong place :v:

Though it would have been funny to drop a bunch of "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!" -type stuff just to piss people off in a few of the more awful games I've played.

Nah, SA is fine. At least people are coherent when they are being jerks here.

What gets to me are the 12 year old kids who cannot type a single complete sentence and constantly yell that you must play the way they command and then bitch and moan the entire game about it.

Eyebrows Mulligan
Apr 29, 2009

by Fistgrrl

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Well I usually just open the dictionary to a random page, pick the first word that I see, spell it in all lowercase letters, and find a last name to go with it. I like to believe that if we get enough people using this formula to come up with names, LL will think that somehow we've got an account creation bot or something.
But the last time I picked out a name I just really chose whatever came into my head first, so that's a little different.

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Ephrum posted:

Ephrum posted:

Cathy and Angelica wore Alpha Lantern uniforms and questioned her performance the handling of the situation.

Ephrum posted:

Cathy and Angelica wore Alpha Lantern uniforms

Ephrum posted:

Alpha Lantern uniforms

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is it sad that the thing that angers me the most about the GLC is that it's supposed to be Corps and not Core?

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Drox posted:

Is it sad that the thing that angers me the most about the GLC is that it's supposed to be Corps and not Core?

People ignorant enough to behave like that in a game are not smart enough to understand the difference between corps and core.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

co199 posted:

People ignorant enough to behave like that in a game are not smart enough to understand the difference between corps and core.

I've always loved people too stupid to understand homonyms and homophones. I wonder how much rage you could get by calling someone a homophone, upon thinking about it.

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks
Second Life is the sort of game that you can make someone scream at you over mic by insisting their transformer av is a gundam.

"Nice gundam av!"

"It's not a gundam it's a transformer"

"No way I totally saw that on Gundam Wing"

"IT'S SOUNDWAVE IT IS A TRANSFORMER"

"No way it was on that sweet gundam show with the gundam that could turn into a semi truck"

"NO YOU ARE STUPID IT IS A GUNDAM SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP"

"Gundams roll out!"

*Meltdown*

Man on TV
Apr 21, 2009

Ephrum posted:

Second Life is the sort of game that you can make someone scream at you over mic by insisting their transformer av is a gundam.

"Nice gundam av!"

"It's not a gundam it's a transformer"

"No way I totally saw that on Gundam Wing"

"IT'S SOUNDWAVE IT IS A TRANSFORMER"

"No way it was on that sweet gundam show with the gundam that could turn into a semi truck"

"NO YOU ARE STUPID IT IS A GUNDAM SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP"

"Gundams roll out!"

*Meltdown*
That man was amazing, he kept yelling at the sonic furries to ban us and they refused (which made him all the more pissed off). He even went so far as to pull me aside and rez two giant jpegs of a Transformer and a Gundam. That guy had no idea we were trolling, he just couldn't live with someone thinking he was something else.

Did you hear his voice too? Cripes that guy, that guy owned.

Anyway I like the ability to spruce up university sims with our own special flair, be it graffiti or otherwise. Like what went down in Clemson Uni last night. The best part is most of this crap will stay there for weeks or even longer depending on how the school's maintain their sim.

Right on top of that informational video player. Rinse and repeat about a 100 more times. Some people even let us add graffiti, just to mess with the locals that take selling their animal genitalia wares seriously.

Man on TV fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 14, 2010

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Man on TV posted:

gently caress that, could you make a person's avatar a billboard? Imagine a crowd of them showing up to a theatre or something..

Man on TV
Apr 21, 2009

coyo7e posted:

gently caress that, could you make a person's avatar a billboard? Imagine a crowd of them showing up to a theatre or something..
Those moments are precious, luckily a goon was able to pull it off and catch it on fraps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YKFiQQblsU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Man on TV posted:

Those moments are precious, luckily a goon was able to pull it off and catch it on fraps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YKFiQQblsU
From the weirdass butterface on "the lady in red who designed our sonderful new logo", I was certain that she was a goon plant and that there'd be some godawful picture UNDER the curtain as well..

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks

Man on TV posted:

Remember that time we ran into the exact same guy and you told me to say "NICE BEAMSWORD" when he was making a katana?

Man on TV
Apr 21, 2009

Ephrum posted:

Remember that time we ran into the exact same guy and you told me to say "NICE BEAMSWORD" when he was making a katana?
Yeah he started to insult us and try to play games where even if we won he'd say we'd lost and were "forced to leave". That guy hates me and you to our core, and yet he's only managed to get us banned from one sim.

Zac snapped this picture of the battle that ensued the first time we ran into him and the other person who evidently lives with a senile naked grandmother.

[Transformer, Godzilla, and a chrome AT-ST]

Next time, we're making zaku suits TRANSFORMERS :w00t:

Man on TV fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 14, 2010

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks

Man on TV posted:

Next time, we're making zaku suits.

YOU MEAN TRANSFORMERS

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

Man on TV posted:

That man was amazing, he kept yelling at the sonic furries to ban us and they refused (which made him all the more pissed off). He even went so far as to pull me aside and rez two giant jpegs of a Transformer and a Gundam. That guy had no idea we were trolling, he just couldn't live with someone thinking he was something else.

Anyway I like the ability to spruce up university sims with our own special flair, be it graffiti or otherwise. Like what went down in Clemson Uni last night. The best part is most of this crap will stay there for weeks or even longer depending on how the school's maintain their sim.

Right on top of that informational video player. Rinse and repeat about a 100 more times. Some people even let us add graffiti, just to mess with the locals that take selling their animal genitalia wares seriously.

If it stays around, you missed a golden goatse opportunity.

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT
Isn't there something about creative commons when you use the Wiki code. I'm not entirely sure about that so maybe a smarter goon can chime in.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Arrgg.. SL stories make me want to try it again for the millionith time.. it's so confusing figuring out how to make poo poo though :|

I want to make a giant whale costume and walk (swim? float?) around some furry sims

Eyebrows Mulligan
Apr 29, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Man on TV posted:

[Gundam, Reptar, and a chrome Megazord]

Fixed it for you bro.

Danith posted:

Arrgg.. SL stories make me want to try it again for the millionith time.. it's so confusing figuring out how to make poo poo though :|

I want to make a giant whale costume and walk (swim? float?) around some furry sims

Second Life is in so many ways a manifestation of things you will never be for so many people. Even if all you want to be is a guy who sculpts cool things in a computer game that play annoying sound clips ad nauseum in order to torment shut-ins with diaper fetishes.

Man on TV
Apr 21, 2009

Xinlum posted:

If it stays around, you missed a golden goatse opportunity.

:nws:
http://w-hat.com/images/postcards/640/Zac_Wilcke-20090721064717978035-Flawless-33-105.jpg?1248158841
http://w-hat.com/images/postcards/640/Zac_Wilcke-20090721061006139797-Flawless-26-127.jpg?1248156608
:nws:

Among countless others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
I tried second life just for the fun of messing with people. I went to some furry sim and annoyed people with crazy questions, but they played along! Then I got shot by a helicopter, which caused me to explode into flaming giblets somehow :confused:

The furries proceeded to laugh their rear end off and go on about how hilarious I was being until I eventually left in shame. I'm a terrible griefer :smith:

• Locked thread