Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Just re-read a chapter or two. Hoping that Ippo lands a Gazelle Punch counter on Woli mid-jump :v: That would be an awesome KO. That's some Street Fighter poo poo right there, mang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Outland Dish
Jul 26, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

Geop posted:

Just re-read a chapter or two. Hoping that Ippo throws a loving hadouken at Woli mid-jump :v: That would be an awesome KO. That's some Street Fighter poo poo right there, mang.

You're right, this would be a pretty awesome K.O.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Okay, I've figured it out. This is Ippo's super saiyan moment.

Look at the situation. Everything he tries is hopeless, and every strategy has failed. Woli is faster, smarter, and simply better than Ippo is right now. Something's gonna happen, like Woli punching Kamogawa until he explodes, and Ippo's gonna snap. Golden hair, filled with rage, he will whiff so hard the missed punch's air pressure will knock Woli out.

Ippo's next opponent will be a boxer created from the cell's of all the Kamogawa boxers. With the help of Ippo's own son sent from the future, he'll find a way to beat this perfect monstrosity.

At this point I wouldn't even mind if something that stupid happened. I just want Woli to get his :smug: punched out through his rear end in a top hat.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Ippo's hair won't turn gold, his skin will turn brown.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Sindai posted:

His skin will turn brown.

Hahahaha

"He's got, he's got, the strength and pride of the slaves of color"

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

So if Ippo is hadoken'ing it up, is Woli like Blanka? :confused:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Geop posted:

So if Ippo is hadoken'ing it up, is Woli like Blanka? :confused:

He is like Blanka in that it would be fun to see him subjected to electric shocks.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

it was ok until she started peeing on me
This fight won't end with Ippo punching Woli. We'll probably get like 20 more chapters and Ippo will notice Miyata in the crowd, being simultaneously ashamed for getting his rear end kicked and seeing his lover in the crowd Ippo will get a raging erection that will instantly impale Woli who got too close thinking Ippo was hiding bananas in his pants.

An Outland Dish
Jul 26, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

Cowboy posted:

This fight won't end with Ippo punching Woli. We'll probably get like 20 more chapters and Ippo will notice Miyata in the crowd, being simultaneously ashamed for getting his rear end kicked and seeing his lover in the crowd Ippo will get a raging erection that will instantly impale Woli who got too close thinking Ippo was hiding bananas in his pants.

This ending isn't nearly as gay as what is going to happen.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
881 is out.

http://uploading.com/files/7b24b112/Hajime881.zip/
Mirror - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=737U2S4A

Warning: Don't get your hopes up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Captain, set phasers to :ughh:

Yet ANOTHER loving chapter of Woli acting like a smug oval office.
It's like 2 decades of build up just to piss off your fans.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
that's it, gently caress this manga, off it goes to the pile of every other shounen title who overstayed it's welcome

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Honest Thief posted:

that's it, gently caress this manga, off it goes to the pile of every other shounen title who overstayed it's welcome

But this is such a fun fight.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I swear, Ippo will never pound that smuggy face bloody; instead both become BFFs and their friendship will further push ippo's resolve blah blah yadda yadda.
when the fucker finally gets beaten to a pulp it will be in order to stage the next boring gimmicky fighter

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

What? Wait, wait. That was IT? Excluding the promo page and the title/cover page, it was EIGHT loving pages.

Also, Mori, you are a cocksucker.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gentlemen, to soothe the pain that is reading this fight I suggest we all take a deep breath and then read an awesome fight actually worth a loving drat.

Ippo Vs Ryuuhei
http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/462
(Fight starts on 481, but has an awesome leadup with Vorg)

Yes. 400 chapters back.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 18, 2010

Kweh
Jul 20, 2006

ROYAL
STRAIGHT
FLUSH

Honest Thief posted:

well 21 years... it had a good run

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Infinitum --
What about that dude Ippo fought before he took a stab at Sisfa? :v: The guy was supposed to be some awesome up-and-comer, and Ippo realistically steamrolled him.

Then he probably got hit in the head with a bat a few times and became boxing-retarded once more :arghfist:

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Man Vorg is awesome. More Vorg is what this manga needs.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This manga needs more Vorg staring at random gravestones, looking stoic & solemn, quoting Russian poetry.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Infinitum posted:

This manga needs more Vorg staring at random gravestones, looking stoic & solemn, quoting Russian poetry.

And borscht. Lots of it :v: No bananas.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Infinitum posted:

Someone please tell me there is a manga that is mostly this.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

Infinitum posted:

Vorg fighting to escape Communism and poverty, kicking around the entire loving world knowing like four languages (Russian, Japanese, English, and Punching), living the life of a wandering pugilist.

Instead, we'll have twenty more chapters of Ippo getting shitkicked by loving Woli. Horay.

I miss when the magna was about poo poo like this:

BOrangeFury fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 18, 2010

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot
Vorg & Sendou Hit the Road would be the boxing manga of the century.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Jedah posted:

881 is out.

http://uploading.com/files/7b24b112/Hajime881.zip/
Mirror - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=737U2S4A

Warning: Don't get your hopes up.
Wow, is it really only eight pages? That seems crazy.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Gaaaah wheres 880 translated. I want to be horribly dissapointed with the rest of you :(

An Outland Dish
Jul 26, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

apekillape posted:

Vorg & Sendou Hit the Road would be the boxing manga of the century.

Until they run into Woli.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

tazman posted:

Gaaaah wheres 880 translated. I want to be horribly dissapointed with the rest of you :(

I'm willing to bet I could skip 880 and not notice a difference in 881.

Kweh
Jul 20, 2006

ROYAL
STRAIGHT
FLUSH
Ippo has a huge penis what a weirdo!!!

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
880 is out translated and all that jazz.

http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/880/01/

Suprisingly (not) I agree with this thread. How is this fun to read. This is what we need more of.

http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/583/17/

VVVVVVV - Yeah it's up there with LIKE A PUPPET WITH ITS STRINGS CUT

tazman fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jan 19, 2010

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Wow. How many times must they say TEAR MY FLESH, PULVERIZE HIS BONE?

On the plus side, I'm glad that Ippo is still thinking as opposed to "WHAT DO I DO gently caress gently caress gently caress MIYATAAAAAA ;_;" or some poo poo. It seems even Miguel is a bit jarred by Ippo's stamina. I think the tables will finally turn in the next chapter. Might explain why it was cut so short, honestly. He wants to end the next chapter with some sort of revelation or blow being landed.

Yeah right.

:(

Geop fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jan 19, 2010

Phallacracy
Jul 28, 2004
woli is going to be champion of japan

deal with it :smug:

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Phallacracy posted:

woli is going to be champion of japan

deal with it :smug:

Woli's going to take a shoryuken to the kisser. In chapter 950.

Watch :colbert:

L.E. Cheetah
Aug 7, 2007
Ippo is now relearning how to jab. This fight sucks.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

SMALL CONCISE MOVEMENTS

Not working. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

SMALLER CONCISE MOVEMENTS

Still nothing.

SMALLER CONCISER MOVEMENTS

gently caress it, Samurai Spirit Mode time.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
When History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi has more believable fights, you know the Ippo manga has fallen.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Indiana_Krom posted:

When History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi has more believable fights, you know the Ippo manga has fallen.

I'd like to think that the Elder could beat Woli, but I've gotta say it is looking pretty unlikely.

Natural Ice
Mar 22, 2007
SPF 15
I've stayed silent through this travesty. I think this is just the author's attempt to somehow make the Gedo fight seem good by comparison. Seriously, this has been like chapter after chapter of Woli playing with a punching bag.

This. Fight. Sucks.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
If this is what a monekyboy can do I wonder what will happen to Ippo when he runs into an American backed by AMERICAN TECHNOLOGY AND TRAINING. I'm trying to figure out what gimmicks he can run into in the pacific still though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
At this point, I can't believe I'm praying for a Date-fight style defeat and rebirth cycle. What could the author possibly pull out that would redeem this fight? Is Ippo gonna turn his body into steel or something? Super-saiyajin Ippo? Ninja eyes? The spirit of Mike Tyson takes over his body?