Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks

OrangeSoda posted:

I tried second life just for the fun of messing with people. I went to some furry sim and annoyed people with crazy questions, but they played along! Then I got shot by a helicopter, which caused me to explode into flaming giblets somehow :confused:

The furries proceeded to laugh their rear end off and go on about how hilarious I was being until I eventually left in shame. I'm a terrible griefer :smith:

view > world map

Search for what and if you are lucky some goon will be there to help you out. If not you can also get some help from the 4chan sim which is the sim directly south of what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyebrows Mulligan
Apr 29, 2009

by Fistgrrl

OrangeSoda posted:

I tried second life just for the fun of messing with people. I went to some furry sim and annoyed people with crazy questions, but they played along! Then I got shot by a helicopter, which caused me to explode into flaming giblets somehow :confused:

The furries proceeded to laugh their rear end off and go on about how hilarious I was being until I eventually left in shame. I'm a terrible griefer :smith:

I was banned from Baku by furries :confused:

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Eyebrows Mulligan posted:

Baku us run by a furry, WHAT is run by someone who likes to dress up as a little girl :smith:

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks

What is your name, I'll unban you.

(not a furry just have banrights there)

Oh yeah and before you join w-hat you have to complete a quest, shoot me an IM ingame, my name is Robble Rubble.

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks
More drama generated from my wiki leak. As superman fires off more fake DMCAs from his basement fortress of solitude.

http://lostsignalnetwork.com/files/docs/loldmca.html

Here's sooperdouche's twitter:

http://twitter.com/kalelvenkman

I'm enjoying how loving smug and self righteous he remains through this whole thing. Yesterday I arranged a protest against him, filling up the entire region where it was being held, all full of angry angry people.

Oh and here's a torrent for those who have been asking for it, someone else uploaded it. I don't know if it's a fixed and linked together version. If it's not tell me and I'll crack the whip until someone who knows how to computer better than I do releases it.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5279193

Ephrum fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 16, 2010

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Ephrum posted:

More drama generated from my wiki leak.
[/url]
Cute, although I'm not really down with what I'm assuming is that jackass' real email address, phone number, and address being posted all over it. Mostly it just seems like this Seanieb guy has an issue with getting the last word, over and over and over and over..

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 16, 2010

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Ephrum posted:

Channel 9 News Team

Huh, I didn't realize they'd made an entry for that.

Anyways, I wouldn't get too excited about it. Yeah it's pretty funny they got caught collecting peoples information, but it's not likely to have much effect. Linden Labs (or at least those really in charge of LL) cares about these "anti-griefers" about as much as they do about actual griefers. They'll likely reprimand the Lindens involved and then go back to not fixing their game.

Renwick Customer
Aug 19, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I created a new character on second life today, since I don't know how to script/code anything I make do with just being annoying or attempting extremely complex griefs that usually don't work. Since the ban of my old character:
:nws:https://wi.somethingawful.com/dc/dc23505489004787aa5cd42466285323f404fefd.jpg:nws:

I made a new one. The thing about second life is that looks are everything, people will literally form an opinion of you on how your avatar looks. After hitting a gay sex beach and asking around for the biggest penis I could find for free, I ended up with this:

Basically something that will just annoy people.

I did manage to get another picture in the style of one already posted in this thread, so it's a bit of a cop-out.

I'm sorry, this isn't really a grief by some people in this thread's standards, it's just me being annoying to some people. But it never fails to amaze me how seriously people take second life. I ended up on some sweet little island house with two people just chilling beside the water. Except one of them had a child avatar.

The guy laying down was AFK, but the 'child' wasn't. It was creepy.

I have seen these people on second life before, it's a bizarre type of roleplay involving children and adults, sometimes sexual, sometimes 'not sexual' at all. But it didn't matter. I was in trouble when dad got back. And dad came back.

Due to me being a terrible griefer (again) I forgot to record my own voice. Halfway through this I realised and attempted to say things that would make them give away what I was asking so hopefully you might be able to follow what was going on.

As I said before, this isn't a grief unless you count me riling up people who enjoy both pretending to be adults 'looking after' children and playing the children themselves, but you can get a small amount of insight into the mind of someone who takes second life seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QELYiUeKijc

It's only just uploaded so the quality is not great, but hopefully will improve. I will try and annotate important text.

EDIT: notice how the guy on the right uses gestures to pace back and forth, cross his arms and turn his back on me while he is busy 'standing off' against me. I'm pretty sure he has to do that manually each time.

Renwick Customer fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 16, 2010

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Renwick Customer posted:

After hitting a gay sex beach and asking around for the biggest penis I could find for free, I ended up with this:

I love this sentence and I love that Second Life has made it possible.

AXE BODY SPRAY
Aug 16, 2000

Renwick Customer posted:

I have seen these people on second life before, it's a bizarre type of roleplay involving children and adults, sometimes sexual, sometimes 'not sexual' at all. But it didn't matter. I was in trouble when dad got back. And dad came back.

This is one of the weirder things in second life. People who are moms, dads, aunts, uncles for pretty much no reason. I have no idea how relationships between people like that even start. Its bizarre.

I tried to use SL and get some reactions. I always did and ruined 2 "e-marriages" but mostly because everyone that plays is an overly sensitive reactionary basement dweller. Its REALLY sad. I didn't have the heart to even interact with any of them anymore. I kinda hoped that after griefing them they would quit SL and stop being fuckin weirdos... never happened.

Everyone that plays is 100% socially broken. And those pieces of "land" that they "own" cost so much in actual money its mindblowing how messed up these people must be.

Robotic_Towel
Sep 1, 2005

Not Machine Washable
I use my 360 Controller when I feel like griefing in L4D. Play normal all the way up until the last 10 feet to the saferoom on versus mode. Then, just apply the tiniest bit of pressure to the movement stick so your character gently, gently, glides towards the saferoom. The amount of rage generated by such a docile action is amazing.

In Sven-Coop (or should I say, Block-Coop), me and some buddies will make it our civic duty to block every doorway on every map on every server we join. You simply walk into a doorway, and type "Oh no, all my keys have been unbound!"

The more people you have, the better. Work in shifts, have a four man team block a door that fits two. After awhile, let the rear two men go find a door in the next hallway. Once they are in place, release your captives from the current door, let them have a second of relief, and then as they enter the room to see the next door blocked, imagine their little hearts skip a beat. Take this moment to block up the door behind them as well. It also helps to have obnoxious, but matching names. The whole music playing thing is a bit overdone, and not very tasteful anymore, but the option is always there.

Also, endless fun can be had if you put up your own server with a friendly name with entmod. People really don't like it when you have full control of them. Something important to know, is that you can move the info_player_deathmatch (spawn points) to wherever you like. Also, if you are holding on to someone, and they think they are clever by suiciding, do not let go. They will respawn in your grasp.

Renwick Customer
Aug 19, 2008
Grimey Drawer

AXE BODY SPRAY posted:

This is one of the weirder things in second life. People who are moms, dads, aunts, uncles for pretty much no reason. I have no idea how relationships between people like that even start. Its bizarre.

I tried to use SL and get some reactions. I always did and ruined 2 "e-marriages" but mostly because everyone that plays is an overly sensitive reactionary basement dweller. Its REALLY sad. I didn't have the heart to even interact with any of them anymore. I kinda hoped that after griefing them they would quit SL and stop being fuckin weirdos... never happened.

Everyone that plays is 100% socially broken. And those pieces of "land" that they "own" cost so much in actual money its mindblowing how messed up these people must be.

Actually I think you'll find that you're just dressed up as some kind of fweaak, with something around his waaasttte, that no one can tell what is essss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QELYiUeKijc#t=5m56s

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

A minor thing to take out my frustration on the legion of jackasses who play heroes of new erth.

I only play unranked games because I am sick of the endless team stacking in ranked games. Still, people try to stack absurd teams even when there is no score. I do not care if I win or lose but playing on such one sided teams are no fun.

When I see these games, I wait till the game starts and tell the host I am quiting because of the team stacking, then ctrl alt delete to close heroes of new erth. There is no in game button to quit out, so most people do not quit till the match starts, a few minutes later. Once one person quits, the whole team usually quits, forcing the host to start all over.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Diogines posted:

A minor thing to take out my frustration on the legion of jackasses who play heroes of new erth.

I only play unranked games because I am sick of the endless team stacking in ranked games. Still, people try to stack absurd teams even when there is no score. I do not care if I win or lose but playing on such one sided teams are no fun.

When I see these games, I wait till the game starts and tell the host I am quiting because of the team stacking, then ctrl alt delete to close heroes of new erth. There is no in game button to quit out, so most people do not quit till the match starts, a few minutes later. Once one person quits, the whole team usually quits, forcing the host to start all over.

its more fun to get 2-3 guys you know on a team and build tablet of command and constantly launch people into teamfights against their will

or spoiling games with people you know on the other team by picking forsaken archer, jungling all game, building doombringer and promptly dying with it so the other team can grab it

Eyebrows Mulligan
Apr 29, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Ephrum posted:

What is your name, I'll unban you.

(not a furry just have banrights there)

Oh yeah and before you join w-hat you have to complete a quest, shoot me an IM ingame, my name is Robble Rubble.

Oh, I'm already in W-Hat. I'm clever Blogger, and if the quest is send in a pic of my tits I've already done that.

Catbasketry
Jan 12, 2010

Oh, I'm already in W-Hat. I'm clever Blogger, and if the quest is send in a pic of my tits I've already done that.

Dumb question, is your handle a Tick reference? I seem to remember that name...

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe

Renwick Customer posted:

I created a new character on second life today, since I don't know how to script/code anything I make do with just being annoying or attempting extremely complex griefs that usually don't work. Since the ban of my old character:

Holy poo poo.
Hollly poo poo.

So creepy, so drat creepy.

Eyebrows Mulligan
Apr 29, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Catbasketry posted:

Dumb question, is your handle a Tick reference? I seem to remember that name...

Eyebrows Mulligan is, yes. Not clever Blogger. I'm pretty sure Eyebrows Mulligan was just a throwaway character, from an episode I've never seen. But I liked the wording anyways so I took it. Mulligan is such a great word.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

But I liked the wording anyways so I took it. Mulligan is such a great word.
I'm a big fan of some words.

Like: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hey+farva

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

coyo7e posted:

I'm a big fan of some words.

Like: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hey+farva

The first option here tried to install fake antivirus software on my computer by pretending to be a window of my own antivirus software.

I never saw Super Troopers. :(

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Phenotype posted:

Do yourself a favour. Go and rent it right meow.

Gavitron
Sep 11, 2001

One of the downsides of being special is that you feel out of place wherever you go.
Pillbug

Bill Posters posted:

Hey meow, let's not derail this thread with off-topic discussion of meowvies.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bill Posters posted:

Do I look like a cat to you, boy?

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Code Jockey posted:

Do I look like a cat to you, boy?

Am I jumpin' around all hibbity bibbity, swinging from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

co199 posted:

Am I jumpin' around all hibbity bibbity, swinging from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer?

CHICKEN FUCKER!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Yet another griefing technique from heroes of newerth.

When my team mates are domineering assholes who yell out their rage at the poor performance of others, I lead my team in breathing exercises over the microphone in as soothing a voice as possible.

quote:

In with the good air...
1... 2... 3...
Out with the bad air...
In with the good air...
1... 2... 3...
In through the nose...
1... 2... 3...
Out through the mouth...
1... 2... 3...

I am not sure why but this seems to drive them to nuts, they often rage quit after I get through it twice.

Sieko
Apr 29, 2009

Diogines posted:

[breathing techniques]

I want to play on a team with you. I'm tired of getting screamed at because I didn't do something. And I only join noob games. Doesn't seem to matter. I resort to asking my teammates if it makes them feel better to join such games and scream at people. I've yet to get a response.

I guess the only positive that comes from this is I can grief by doing nothing at all besides trying to learn to play and they'll vote to kick me. I was actually added to a ban list once. Not entirely sure what that accomplished as I can still play. I assume it was his own personal ban list. Not sure why he assumes I'd try to join a game with him after being screamed at for 45 minutes, though.

I don't have many good griefing tales. In TF2 (mostly on CP_Well) I would wait until we had lost the middle point and possibly our point just before the final capture point and I'd build a teleporter exit at the enemies final CP. It doesn't usually work for long because once a person goes in once they tend not to again or they warn the rest of the team, but it's always fun watching about 5 people spin in circles trying to figure out where they are. Then losing the round.

A very simple one that drove people nuts was in World of Warcraft. As a Warlock you used to get a spell (not sure if it's a castable spell anymore) called Sense Demons. It made an echoing noise and put a small purple demon face above your head for a second. But it was spammable and cost no mana. So you could just hop around and cast it over and over as long as you wished while people yelled at you to stop. I enjoyed it most when people didn't realize what it was. I had one person think it happened every time he sat down to eat or drink.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Phenotype posted:

The first option here tried to install fake antivirus software on my computer by pretending to be a window of my own antivirus software.

That sucks, sorry. You really should watch the movie. It's one of those comedies that's hard to NOT like.

I actually went to a dinner party the other day, and one part of the conversation was 3 generations of my family quoting Super Troopers and telling the one person who'd never seen it to go find it ASAP.

It's probably on Netflix instant.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Diogines posted:

Yet another griefing technique from heroes of newerth.

When my team mates are domineering assholes who yell out their rage at the poor performance of others, I lead my team in breathing exercises over the microphone in as soothing a voice as possible.

I am not sure why but this seems to drive them to nuts, they often rage quit after I get through it twice.

ophelia's judgement is a good time too

hit a teammate with it and a few seconds later they're back at the fountain

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Renwick Customer posted:

Jesus.

4:17 "Shut up, you fool."

I had to make a kinda creepy voice for a friend's student film, looks like now is the time to use it.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.
http://t3chh3lp.com/blog/2010/1/17/video-modern-warfare-2-insane-custom-kit-exploit-100-kills.html

So I'm sure there's plenty of ways to annoy the poo poo out of people with this loadout.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Soth posted:

http://t3chh3lp.com/blog/2010/1/17/video-modern-warfare-2-insane-custom-kit-exploit-100-kills.html

So I'm sure there's plenty of ways to annoy the poo poo out of people with this loadout.
That's not really new. Plus he's using a F2000 which is the worst weapon in the game, even though his predator missile and chopper gunner are CHUCK NORRIS ENHANCED!

Duncan was one of the first people I know to actually use this. He single handedly destroyed the other team on rundown while the rest of our team were giggling like retards. The Modern Goonfare 2 group quickly adapted.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Soulex posted:

CHUCK NORRIS ENHANCED!

Is that actually a thing or is he just being annoying?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Soulex posted:

That's not really new. Plus he's using a F2000 which is the worst weapon in the game

This helps you resist the temptation of using anything besides the tube.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Soulex posted:

Plus he's using a F2000 which is the worst weapon in the game
Man, I bought BF2 for that gun. Why do they always make it suck in everything except Splinter Cell?

The guy who wrote the article complains about 12-year olds but his bio pic puts him at no older than 14.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 20, 2010

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ephrum posted:

More drama generated from my wiki leak. As superman fires off more fake DMCAs from his basement fortress of solitude.

Has he succeeded? Is he winning or losing? I love drama like this.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Shumagorath posted:

Man, I bought BF2 for that gun. Why do they always make it suck in everything except Splinter Cell?

The guy who wrote the article complains about 12-year olds but his bio pic puts him at no older than 14.
Ha you're right, he's not old enough to smoke.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Dr_Amazing posted:

Is that actually a thing or is he just being annoying?

I hope this isn't a serious question.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I've never played the game. I'm just asking if the game is making stupid unfunny Chuck Norris jokes or if the guy making the video just calls it that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It's the game. Infinity Ward also renamed grenade launchers to "noob tubes".

• Locked thread