Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Outland Dish
Jul 26, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

Serious Frolicking posted:

This thread is now powered by hatred, and as such is much stronger than it used to be.

Oh goddamnit, now all I imagine is Ippo opening his new SHARINGAN EYES next chapter. Wait, that would redeem this poo poo. This manga's seen better times man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
In a fit of desperation Ippo picks up Woli just as he lands on a cornerpost while jumping everywhere and performs a burning hammer that breaks Woli's neck and paralyzes him for life.

Foul Fowl fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 23, 2010

An Outland Dish
Jul 26, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

Foul Fowl posted:

In a fit of desperation Ippo picks up Woli just as he lands on a cornerpost while jumping everywhere and performs a burning hammer that breaks Woli's neck and paralyzes him for life.

Jesus loving christ.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Ippo should start using feints.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine
Ippo's going to end it by tapping Woli on the jaw, causing it to shatter in a billion pieces. Woli's loving smug mouth will be wired shut for MONTHS. And then he never boxes again.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Ippo's going to wake up from his nightmare the morning of the fight then go on and fight Woli fueled by the terror of his dream causing him to land that "perfect punch" combined with force that "surpasses human limits" causing him to knock Woli's head completely off.

Kweh
Jul 20, 2006

ROYAL
STRAIGHT
FLUSH
So, seeing as the manga went downhill, are you going to remember ippo for the woli fight or for the better times?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren::woop::siren: ARE YOU READY FOR SOME loving BOXING?! :siren::woop::siren:

http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/881

No? Oh..

gently caress.

An Outland Dish
Jul 26, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

Infinitum posted:

:siren::woop::siren: ARE YOU READY FOR SOME loving BOXING?! :siren::woop::siren:

http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/881

No? Oh..

gently caress.

This is even worse translated.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
NINE. loving. PAGES.

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
Wow.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
I couldn't tell it was a new chapter until the last page.

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
I clicked a wrong button or something, and I thought the last page was the first page, and it wasn't. So I started from the beginning and now I feel empty inside.

Sojourn
Mar 28, 2005
Nothing Happened. At all. What the gently caress was the point of that chapter?

An Outland Dish
Jul 26, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump
Anyone else have a feeling that Woli is just going to get bored and quit. Even he's tired of this fight.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Woli gets tired of this and does something blatently illegal to knock Ippo out, disqualifying himself. He then pulls down his shorts, takes a poo poo on Ippo, and the last page is Morikawa announcing that he's done with this manga.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
My god, this is even worse when I can understand it. Let's imply that Woli doesn't know anything about boxing. That's sure to make the fight more dramatic. And how many times have they said "tear my flesh, break his bones"? I think I should listen to myself about putting down this story.

I do have a theory about how Ippo's going to come back. With all the zoom-ins we've gotten on Woli's eye, Ippo will probably scratch his cornea which will turn the tables.

Kweh posted:

So, seeing as the manga went downhill, are you going to remember ippo for the woli fight or for the better times?

Might be overstated, but I'll always enjoy Takamura vs Eagle.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 25, 2010

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*sigh* Guys, you just don't get it alright? Woli is a really good boxer.

In all seriousness though I wonder if the Japanese fans of Hajime no Ippo are as pissed off as we are.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Infinitum posted:

In all seriousness though I wonder if the Japanese fans of Hajime no Ippo are as pissed off as we are.

I've been wondering the same :smith: Who knows! Maybe Ippo will reveal he was setting up a Rube Goldberg-esque trap and it is sprung. Ippo then goes :smuggo: and then says JUST AS PLANNED.

((yeah right :())

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

Infinitum posted:

Yes, but he is loving GODMODING and it's not fun :(

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Geop posted:

Maybe Ippo will reveal he was setting up a Rube Goldberg-esque trap and it is sprung. Ippo then goes :smuggo: and then says JUST AS PLANNED.

That would be pretty neat. Unfortunately, that would require some build-up and forethought. Right now all we've got is "smaller, tighter..must assume fetal position."

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 25, 2010

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

There'd better never be an Itagaki-Ippo fight. If there is, it'll go EXACTLY LIKE THIS.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Geop posted:

There'd better never be an Itagaki-Ippo fight. If there is, it'll go EXACTLY LIKE THIS.

Itagaki wasn't raised by monkeys.

OR WAS HE?!

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.

Infinitum posted:

Well, the masochistic ones probably loving love it.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Soth posted:

Well, the masochistic ones probably loving love it.

Considering how often shounen manga ends up like this "He's so powerful, even though I'm the protagonist and should be making GBS threads him out he's SUPER STRONG OKAY?" I have to imagine it's at least somewhat popular :<

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Woli is a foreigner without a tragic backstory. I'm not sure why anyone would like him unless they thought he was attractive.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

The 882 raw is out now. Imagine 881 with a few more pages and even worse.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mr. Deathy posted:

The 882 raw is out now. Imagine 881 with a few more pages and even worse.

Link it. So I can be all Ippo.. I am disappoint.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

882 Raw

Ippo gets the piss knocked out of him. He ends up charging in toward Woli a few times and fails, but he finally manages to press in to him and lands a punch. Rather, not a punch. His fist just touches against Woli's torso, who then bats it away and hits him some more. Round ends. He then sits in the corner with a smile on his face.

IPPO HAS A PLAN :panic:

That or he's happy because he basically tapped Woli's belt before getting sucker-punched at the end of the round.

Geop fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 25, 2010

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Geop posted:

882 Raw

Ippo gets the piss knocked out of him, then rams in to Woli, and round ends with Ippo getting knocked around. He then sits in the corner with a smile on his face.

IPPO HAS A PLAN :panic:

Or brain damage.
Ref: "I should stop this fight. He's sitting in the corner with a huge grin on his face after he's clearly forgotten how to box."

EDIT: I'm going to reiterate how loving moronic this fight is. Woli's coach made a conscious decision to switch from the WINNING strategy that was absolutely destroying Ippo at range in Monkey Man mode so he could PRACTICE infighting in the MIDDLE OF A FIGHT.
BUT because he has switched to infighting mode he is now going to be KO'd by a half dead Ippo who has taken more punches than I have ever seen him take in 1 fight.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 25, 2010

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Well, I'm sure Ippo will land a crippling blow, then Woli will switch back to his specialty, and Ippo will beat him at that. This series, from what I recall, likes to have Ippo plow through any obstacles. Even "god mode stances".

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Infinitum posted:

BUT because he has switched to infighting mode he is now going to be KO'd by a half dead Ippo who has taken more punches than I have ever seen him take in 1 fight.

Ya, it's pretty dumb. I mean, I know this is shonen, so we need to have a dramatic KO, but it would be nice if the author pretended win by decision actually exists. Seriously, Ippo just touched him, and he's happy about that. This is the start of his comeback...really. At this point, I think I'm going to be disappointed even when Ippo eventually wins.

So is this worse than the Gedo fight now? I only read that one after the fact, so it was a little easier to read through than this.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 25, 2010

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is that time again where I remind why you Ippo kicks arse.

Ippo Vs Geromichi (Aka Hammer Nao)
http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/345/01/

Razor Ramon
Nov 9, 2009
wow wtf was 881 seriously a chapter, this is worse than bleach

An Outland Dish
Jul 26, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

Razor Ramon posted:

wow wtf was 881 seriously a chapter, this is worse than bleach

Uh, I don't know if you've been watching buddy, but Woli has completely beaten out Aizen in the "strong for no reason" category.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/881/09/

This manga is meta as gently caress.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Is Ippo's expression at the end of 882 really a sign of comeback?

I don't have a clue what he's saying but his face looks like he's giving up. When he tried to get even a tiny hit on Woli at the end of the last round, if you look closely it was STILL blocked.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Mr. Deathy posted:

Is Ippo's expression at the end of 882 really a sign of comeback?

I don't have a clue what he's saying but his face looks like he's giving up. When he tried to get even a tiny hit on Woli at the end of the last round, if you look closely it was STILL blocked.

Moreso than giving up, I think it was Ippo making his :unsmith: face. He's pleased about making progress and actually touching him. But I'm confused as to why he didn't lay in to him with actual force. God drat Mori for teasing us with this. Just land the punch already. You've blue-balled readers long enough. Forget the foreplay and get in to the real rear end-kicking. I'd rather not have him waste 2-3 more chapters before Ippo does something.

Maybe what he's pleased about is that he did what he was doing repeatedly, and actually made progress. Woli's one of the types who go LOL SEEN THAT BEFORE[/godmode]

The main thing is Ippo was focusing on form and practice to even touch Woli. Now he's found the sweet spot and will put it in to play.

Geop fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 25, 2010

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Nevermind. Comment was pretty dumb.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine
Can anyone explain why the releases are so short?