Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

ComradePyro posted:

Prison break is the worst loving map type ever. It's designed around griefing, but it's somehow not funny. It's just sad.

I actually enjoy suicide bombing CTs on prison break servers that allow it. Other than that though, it is absolutely terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help

Eonwe posted:

Trying to understand Face of Mankind is kind of like being griefed in itself.

He's talking about CS Jailbreak dude, it has nothing to do with the game you hate so much.

clamiam
Mar 4, 2008

IF A ROBOT IS BUILT IN THE FORM OF HUMAN BEINGS IT IS HARAAM
Here's the Goonfleet post, for those who care.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I was playing TF2 earlier tonight. There was a guy named "ENDANGERED SPYCRAB" who was just doing that spy crab walk thing the whole time. What made it funny was that he had a dedicated medic named "Spycrab Protector" who followed him around and ignored everyone else even if they were burning to death 2 feet away.

Oddly enough everyone seemed to be ok with it. Even though we were pretty much down two men the whole time everyone just kind of went along with it and yelled at the other team every time they killed the "endangered species."

boxorocks
May 13, 2007

ryanmfw posted:

I actually enjoy suicide bombing CTs on prison break servers that allow it. Other than that though, it is absolutely terrible.

I recall playing on a prison break server where one dude was using an aimbot. The Ts would rush a CT and take his gun; then give it to the guy with the aimbot who would then headshot every other CT almost as fast as the next round was in the chamber.

Other than that, prison break is probably the most boring experience you could have in a CS game.

poop
Jun 20, 2009

USER FOREVER BANNED FOR DOUBTING THE FOREVER BAN
Prison Break servers are quite terrible, but funny with some friends for the brief moments you get away with griefing.

My favourite thing to do was go round as Altier, with my friend as Agent 47 (on ct). We would then pick a target, go to his cell and do a sneaky assassination with our knives.

Then run off and hide in objects.

Orleans
Jun 16, 2009

Dr_Amazing posted:

I was playing TF2 earlier tonight. There was a guy named "ENDANGERED SPYCRAB" who was just doing that spy crab walk thing the whole time. What made it funny was that he had a dedicated medic named "Spycrab Protector" who followed him around and ignored everyone else even if they were burning to death 2 feet away.

Oddly enough everyone seemed to be ok with it. Even though we were pretty much down two men the whole time everyone just kind of went along with it and yelled at the other team every time they killed the "endangered species."

Ugh. People still think this is funny? I thought this died out ~3 months ago. I understand if it's before the match and all, or if you're doing the taunt, which is hilarious. But doing it the whole round while shouting over the mic in a shrill pre-pubescent voice "HAY GUYZ DONT KILL TEH ENDANGEERED SPY CRAB. IM THE ENDANGERED SPY CRAB LOL" makes me want to switch sides just to kill them.

Maybe I'm being griefed, but it's not that I take the game too seriously but that it's just an annoying thing to do.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Orleans posted:

Ugh. People still think this is funny? I thought this died out ~3 months ago. I understand if it's before the match and all, or if you're doing the taunt, which is hilarious. But doing it the whole round while shouting over the mic in a shrill pre-pubescent voice "HAY GUYZ DONT KILL TEH ENDANGEERED SPY CRAB. IM THE ENDANGERED SPY CRAB LOL" makes me want to switch sides just to kill them.

Maybe I'm being griefed, but it's not that I take the game too seriously but that it's just an annoying thing to do.

Hey, do you guys remember that awesome flare gun prank? It's so hilarious! I totally griefed someone with it! And then I went into a L4D game and started making obnoxious sounds! And then I went into a WWII game and shot my own teammates! LOL! I totally griefed them, right? Right?!

Anyone else tired of boring stories like that? I liked the clever ones, like the Ultima Online guy that hid in somebody's house and waited until its owner put down his nigh-unobtainable sword to put it on display and stole it right from under his nose. Or the D&D stories, those were pretty drat hilarious too.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I had a friend who was really into UO back when it was still big. The shard he was on was having some sort of big quest or event. The GM sent a server wide message telling everyone to meet at Britan bank for for the portal to whatever was going on.

Meanwhile my friend is in some dungeon like 3 levels down. This dungeon had these little fire vents that would hit you for like 50 damage when you walked over them. So he summons a moongate on one of these fire tiles that connects to a rune he had marked next to the bank. Immediately people start streaming through the gate assuming it would lead to the quest. Since it was on a fire tile everyone below a certain level would die instantly and a lot of people were blundering into other trapped tiles without realizing what was happening. Everyone else was quickly killed by explode potions. The GMs were eventually called and he ended up spending some time in "jail."

Hudson
Jun 1, 2004

Beneath the surface lies the future.
I have a good one for Battlefield 1943. Sometimes it just so happens that I jump into a tank or jeep right when someone is getting into an airplane. I take this opportunity to drive my vehicle full speed directly into their take-off path and collide with the plane. This will sometimes cause the pilot to lose total control of the plane and slam it into a tree or nearby building resulting in their death.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Inspired by the tales of Second Life griefing I set out to make an account. I am almost 100% certain that if you were born in 1989 you are older than 13. Second Life does not agree with this.

EDIT: oh yeah and GMod. I wound up in an RP server, one of those weird village things. I immediately made a remote-control murder car (they blocked all vehicles), set up a few cameras and just flew around running people down. The admin tried to block my cameras (with big error modules, also they blocked dumpsters), tried to trap my car (I made a new one), tried to jail me (I just used my cameras) before eventually calling it quits and logging out. I held the server hostage and demanded they elevate me to a position of power, which they did not. That is, until I ran them down a few more times. Then I ruled for a bit until some guy came in and spammed thrusters and crashed the place.

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 8, 2010

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Sanctum posted:

Co-op games like L4D2 practically require griefing because of the massive jerks that you inevitably end up playing with.

I'm not talking about other griefers, just people that are dicks. Like a guy who accidentally incapped me while I was swarmed but standing perfectly still, only to come over after the horde settled down to grab my medkit before a teammate could defib me. I could let taking my medkit slide if he hadn't just killed me then used that opportunity to grab my medkit. Teamkilling just isn't my style so I spent the rest of the campaign right next to this guy, covering his side by shooting at walls then backing up behind him so the zombies hit him instead of me.

Oh you thought I was shooting the zombies? Haha, no. :toot:

Then there's those realism games where I'm the only player shooting special infected off of teammates. God help me if I get jumped, because my teammates probably wont. Sometimes the only players with medkits get prissy and wont heal me with their medkit when I tell them I'm black and white after that last smoker incapped me. "Use your pills" they say, but I wont unless I see more pills; from then on I have a mission. If I manage to finish the level while near-death I'll pop my pills, throw a molotov right in front of the saferoom, run through the fire, then further demonstrate my ability to waste medkits by using every medkit in the saferoom.

Teamwork is fun but loving over greedy teammates is also fun.

The classy way to grief assholes in L4D has always been the "Play nice till the very end, jump on the rescue boat first then empty your shotgun in to their face when they are six feet from making it." Molotov cocktails on the dock/in front of the rescue vehicle also work wonders for multi-kill griefing.

Killing them mere feet from victory seems to always be the sweetest revenge not to mention the most nerd-rage inducing.

KcDohl
Jun 18, 2004
LORK ON TEH CLORF
Dinosaur Gum
My new favorite thing to do in L4D1 is to get to one of the exploit locations in the finales (ledge in No Mercy, rock in Death Toll, barn roof in Blood Harvest). I stay there while everyone gets mauled inside the rescue vehicle, then try to escape alone. This obviously only works in campaign mode, but I'll be damned if it's not fun.

Zenodice
Mar 16, 2005
Oderint Dum Metuant
Anyone here who's ever played Wurm Online knows how tedious the game can be.

Basically it's like a iron age survival game that's grindy as poo poo and has really slow progression.

Anyways, tonight we hop on and decide to go looking for poo poo to check out in the surrounding areas. We randomly stumble upon a giant area that has very obviously been deeded.
A deed is a piece of land you mark that gives you ownership over it and basically acts a spawn point if you die, it also has guards you can hire to protect you (it takes in-game money, which is relatively hard to get, to purchase and maintain).

Right outside the only house on this very new deed is some dude AFK attacking a practice dummy (a practice target people with low fighting skill can use to train up to a minimal point).

We're about to leave as there's typically not much in the way of dickery you can get up to while on deeds, but just then I notice an aged troll wandering nearby. I also noticed the deed only has 1 light guard (which means the other died sometime recently) and so it's very weak defence for this AFK guy (who is also sitting in the open).

Naturally, the next thing I did was run up to the troll, smack him in the face to get his attention and b-lined it right to the deed where the guys was. Like in most MMOs, the mobs in Wurm only have a certain range where they will "aggro" you, and once you leave this radius, they will check the nearby area for any other targets and if none are found they go back to their business.

Well, I get the troll just out of range right at the edge of the deed, which sets off the village alarm and send the light guard scrambling over to "deal" with the troll.

30 seconds later as I watch from my spy glass, the troll has the guard on his last legs. I then watch as the troll kills the guard, turns and literally 1-shots the idiot standing outside AFKing. The best part about all of this is the fact that he died on his own deed in the middle of nowhere, AND it cost him skill (you lose skill for dieing).

We start to book it as the troll now targets my friend and just as we're running our asses down the hill at top speed.

He never said a word, neither did we, but his angst was palpable.

Further down the hill was some lovely little shanty town, we left the troll there right outside their doors (they have no deed, so they wont be able to wait for guards to kill the troll as long as hes there).

We then hopped in our boat and took off.

Good times.

Screen shots showing the dude getting raped below (blacked out the name.... just to be safe).

This is the dude still alive, with a Troll AND a wolf on him.

Click here for the full 1280x720 image.

And here he is dead, with troll looming over his corpse.

Click here for the full 1280x720 image.

Zenodice fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 9, 2010

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
Is that the Wilds or Freedom? I played for a while but can't say I know a lot about the game. I'll probably come back to it if I ever find a friend to play with.

Zenodice
Mar 16, 2005
Oderint Dum Metuant

Greedish posted:

Is that the Wilds or Freedom? I played for a while but can't say I know a lot about the game. I'll probably come back to it if I ever find a friend to play with.

Freedom, but shhh don't tell ;)

Jimlad
Jan 8, 2005
Thought I'd post a follow-up to my post from over a year ago: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&userid=72928

More creative griefing exploits in Garry's Mod!

These are mostly things I was doing a long time ago and they're about as basic as you can get. I'm sure a lot of other people have tried them, but for people who don't play GMod it's a great window into how inventive you can be trying to come up with ideas to grief people. These examples follow the theme of "pro griefers don't get caught".

Magnet Mines:
On most public servers there are at least one or two people building metallic ground vehicles like rocket cars and trains, and this works great on them. There's a tool in GMod called "magnetize" that makes any object behave like a very short ranged magnet. Basically, when it comes in contact with any metallic object it'll latch on and won't come off. There's also another tool that will let you colour props and reduce their opacity until they're invisible.

By combining these tools, you can spawn tiny metal blocks, magnetize them, then colour them invisible. If you then increase their mass so they weigh 50 tons, and disable gravity on them, you've effectively got yourself little limpet mines that drag vehicles down rather than exploding. All you have to do is litter a few of them around in areas where people are bound to drive through, and hilarity ensues.

Once a person hits one it's basically game over for that contraption. They never spot the tiny, invisible magnets on them, and they rarely figure out why their vehicle has suddenly decided to handle like a whale. Since the mines are weightless as well, often you'll see their car start floating into the air at random which is always funny to watch.

Remote Control:
There's a component called the "User" which not too many people know of for some reason. It's basically a remote control for buttons; it has a little beam that comes out, and if you point it at a button (yours or not) and trigger it, it'll act as though somebody physically pressed it.

By hooking it up to a contraption that'll point it wherever you aim, you have yourself a remote control you can use to press other peoples' buttons from afar. Even better, if you make the User invisible the beam also becomes invisible, so nobody has any idea that their buttons are even being pressed.

Often you'll find players building little control panels for their stuff, littered with buttons you can mash. Just this morning I was testing it out on a guy who was building a multi-story lift. I just stood back a fair distance, pointed the thing at his control panel, and made it go haywire whenever he tried to do anything - making it stick on a particular level, or always moving to a level other than the one he pressed. Especially if anyone happened to stand underneath the lift, I'd quickly move to crush them before they had a chance to react. He must have spent a good 15 minutes trying to figure out why it had a mind of its own until giving up.

Jimlad fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 12, 2010

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

Soth posted:

So, from what I've heard about the goons in EVE, apparently the leader of Goonswarm, one karttoon, didn't bother paying the bills for their bases, disbanded Goonswarm, and put it under Band of Brothers (The corp that Goonswarm warred with for god drat ever before some hijinx basically destroyed them.) which was a trophy corp at that point. Of course, if someone from the Goonswarm wants to fill us in a bit more, I'd be eager to hear it.

EVE online, powered by tears.

I sumarized all of this in my thread which netted me this cool avatar:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3259453

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Agnostalgia fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 18, 2015

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Stuck in the middle with you.

Agnostalgia posted:

I think my class moved on to Oregon Trail next. Much better.

That game used to grief the everloving poo poo out of me.

Day 16
"Attempt to ford the river failed. Sally drowned. You lost three oxen. You lost 23 pounds of food. You lost 42 rounds of ammo. You lost a spare wagon wheel."

Day 24
"Jacob was bitten by a snake. Jacob died."

Day 43
"Timmy has contracted dysintery. Timmy died."

Day 50
"A wagon wheel has broken. You have no spares."

:suicide:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Jadz posted:

Day 16
"Attempt to ford the river failed. Sally drowned. You lost three oxen. You lost 23 pounds of food. You lost 42 rounds of ammo. You lost a spare wagon wheel."

Day 24

Day 43

Day 50

Despite spending most of my formative years in Oregon (and being a good student!) I have absolutely no idea how long it took to follow the Oregon Trail.

I did learn that every settler should have brought 10,000 rounds of ammunition, three spares of everything, and shoot every four-legged creature you see despite being unable to use it. Most settlers' families died on the trail while the family head was out hunting rabbits for no reason.

Also, BOOBS has died of dysentery.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
gently caress that game.

Also, play it here: http://www.virtualapple.org/oregontraildisk.html

I hope this link is SA-Kosher.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Speaking of educational games. When I was in grade 5 we played this game called quater-mile math. The game had some sort of networked high score board that showed who was the best in the class. For some reason everyone really paid attention to it.

One day it turned out that 10th place was held by "Vicky picks her nose." The teacher of course flips out, but there's no way to track which computer it was on and no one uses any login names or anything. She also couldn't clear it off. It eventually fell off the bottom of the page. A few days later "Brad smells" made it to the list. Again the teacher freaks but can't do anything and this opens the floodgates. Fake names and swear words compete with insults and crude text art. It gets to the point where there's more fakes than real scores.

They eventually kicked the whole class out of the lab. The next week we started playing "Cross Country Canada" instead.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Cannon_Fodder posted:

gently caress that game.

Also, play it here: http://www.virtualapple.org/oregontraildisk.html

I hope this link is SA-Kosher.
I don't see what's so bad about it...

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Crossposted from the Demon's Souls thread. I want to get some blue phantoms together and do this in a team:

quote:

I had to farm 25 colourless souls tonight, so I decided to have fun doing it. Here's the formula:

-Take off all your armour.
-Equip two Tower shields and whatever rings are necessary for you to roll.
-Be an rear end in a top hat.

Most people would completely destroy me as I wasn't wearing a Cling ring, but one guy tried to fight me on the elevator above the primeval demon and we both went barrelling off the top. He hit the ground a split second before I did and it counted as a win, so I resurrected as I died.

Some reactions:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Another guy only brought a spear to the fight and huge shields don't take any of that poo poo. He spent fifteen minutes trying to poke away at me on a cliffside while I put my back to the wall and turtled. He finally beat me by whipping out Makoto or Gripless, which drain your health. I should have healed or something because he probably would have drained himself to death.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 19, 2010

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I've actually played a little bit of Demon's Souls and I still don't understand most of that post, save that people got killed and then mad.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Jadz posted:

Day 16

Day 24

Day 43

Day 50

Heh, gently caress Oregon, Let's go find El Dorado!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Vib Rib posted:

I've actually played a little bit of Demon's Souls and I still don't understand most of that post, save that people got killed and then mad.

Imagine you're playing Modern Warfare 2, and you see a guy with a shield. You shoot him, but nothing happens. You shoot him again. Nothing. He's closing on you. You riddle his general direction with an arsenal of weapons, resorting to explosions, armor-piercing death rays, and explosive diarrhea.

He then proceeds to bonk you on the head until you die, covered in feces and shame.

Edit: Oh and the one time you do manage to push him off a cliff to his death, he grabs your ankle, gets on top of you, splatters your corpse across the pavement, then stands up, victorious, even stronger than before.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Demon's Souls is a pretty good game, just for finally letting me realize my fantasy of dual-wielding tower shields.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Vanguard Warden posted:

Demon's Souls is a pretty good game, just for finally letting me realize my fantasy of dual-wielding tower shields.
They shamelessly stole the idea from a large number of roguelikes.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
None of those games are any good though (like your posts).

Johnny Rascal
Jul 27, 2004

Greedish posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3154689&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

kripes
Aug 14, 2002

BRRRRRAAAAAIIIINNNNSSS

Shumagorath posted:

The classic thing to do to your friends is to heal them with your medkit, stop, then start again. While healing someone you are both frozen in place. Save this for one of the gauntlet events in L4D2 and your friend will walk over to your computer and slap you.
Teeing up my allies on the top of the hospital of No Mercy for the Tanks to swat them off the building to their death was the best (even though sometimes I got swatted off).
Speaking of No Mercy 5, when you're playing versus and you get to be the tank, immediately jump off the edge to your death.

Heintron posted:

Battlefield bad company 2 beta
This is a really poor "grief" but after unlocking everything unlockable in the beta I got bored and just started playing as a defender and blowing up our own "m-con" stations = making the game unplayable for everyone. No video of the rage comments but they were many.
I started doing this too. It's not as fun when the opposing team is already dominating so much they're steamrolling you anyway. So if you can, switch teams and then make a good team lose by C4ing your own mcon stations. Do it near the end of the countdown for bonus points.

poop
Jun 20, 2009

USER FOREVER BANNED FOR DOUBTING THE FOREVER BAN
I was playing second life when I happened to stumble across Pandora. Soon I found myself a beautiful Na'vi man, and we floated through a beautiful ocean. I must have done something wrong though as he got really mad when he got back!

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

poop posted:

I was playing second life when I happened to stumble across Pandora. Soon I found myself a beautiful Na'vi man, and we floated through a beautiful ocean. I must have done something wrong though as he got really mad when he got back!

You kinda look like my Commander Shepard.

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

coyo7e posted:

If you're gonna repeat something that has already been posted, would you mind at least posting stuff that's not on the same page?

If you're gonna ask like a idiot that doesn't understand what I've already posted, would you mind at least acting like an idiot on a different page?

I was posting it because it's terribly unfunny and repetitive and every twelve year old does it, it's not funny or original because everyone who's ever helped someone up from being incapped or healed anyone in L4D2 has figured out you can do this and does this. Just because some other jackass posted it as an unironic suggestion before me is immaterial. R>C>P

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
Copy/pasted from the Allods Online thread. Basically, found a bug that lets you spawn level 11 elite horses wherever you want. Hilarity ensues.

linall posted:

:siren: Most fun to be had in Allods at the moment :siren:

Gather 'round gentle goons and hear the story of Sekma, Mercurated, and Windmane. In an act of Internet heroism, Sekma and Mercurated discovered the best bug any Russian ever programmed. Thats where Windmane comes in.

Windmane is a level 11 unique mob who aggros on sight. Suffice it to say, though a rather easy glitch, it is possible to spawn a Windmane mob on everyone person in a group. What was our first thought? Why, take Windmane into the sewers to say hi to the newbies!

The newbies in the sewer liked him a lot. Windmane made soooo many friends down there.

Some of them really liked Windmane. Genetics kept trying to ride him over and over again (Bonus in top picture of newbie figuring out it was me spawning the horses. No one else figured it out. Not even in higher level areas).

Seriously, Windmane was making friends in two hits most of the time. But because gold farmers were spamming the poo poo out of zone chat, we didn't get to hear how much everyone liked Windmane. So we decided to find somewhere else he could frolic.

People up in Old Square really liked Windmane. But after he made enough friends in Old Square (see last image), we figured it was time to move on to even more fun!

Windmane really liked it in the Auction House.

And I mean really liked it! He was so happy to join in on the auctions. He tried to buy some cash shop feed, but got out bid pretty fast. We told him that was all part of the thrill of the Auction House!

He was a little too tired to figure out railings, but that was OK! He had a big day out in the world. Can't expect him to figure everything out in one go! I've taken the liberty of collecting all of the comments I saw mentioning Windmane's big day out in the image below.

We sure had fun showing Windmane around the city! If you think this sounds like fun, be sure to ask in guild chat for how we managed to talk him into tagging along!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

ImsaKidd posted:

Copy/pasted from the Allods Online thread. Basically, found a bug that lets you spawn level 11 elite horses wherever you want. Hilarity ensues.
loving brilliant.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

ImsaKidd posted:

Good show, sir! :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
Man, whenever I tried to launch Allods the launcher would just crash. Wish I could get in on the horse-spawning!

• Locked thread