Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Tactical Bonnet posted:

Thanks for this, I've been bitching about my headlights a lot lately. That's just a touch more than a pair of silverstars and will likely provide much better light.

How the gently caress does this invoice poo poo read?

Does
code:
 Item                                         Qty      Qty      Qty  Expected
 Number    Description                        Ord.     Shp.     Bck.    By
---------- ------------------------------ -------- -------- -------- --------
28-17100   Bosch H4 headlight KIT, 1990-9     1.00     0.00     1.00

42-76450   Group Buy discount                 1.00     1.00     0.00
mean they are on back-order? It'd be nice if they'd loving say so on the page.

Or at least list when they expect some more in, or if they don't.

If they hosed this poo poo up, is there another place to buy the same kind of thing?
Are you familiar with group buys? They don't make the order until the buy is over, then you get charged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Funny you say that. They had such a huge response that they already started shipping some of the orders.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

destructo posted:

Are you familiar with group buys? They don't make the order until the buy is over, then you get charged.

Flyin' Miata posted:

This product is part of a group buy! If you order it now, you'll automatically be entered into the buy and we won't charge your card until we hit the minimum number of people or the deadline is reached.

They started shipping as soon as they hit the magic number, but are going to keep selling and shipping until the deadline. Ordering my set Friday when I get paid...

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

bladernr posted:

They started shipping as soon as they hit the magic number, but are going to keep selling and shipping until the deadline. Ordering my set Friday when I get paid...

Ah, well I guess I'm used to smaller, container buys. He'll probably get charged when they ship and needs to stop flipping out if they're equally as good as my Hellas, as that's pretty much half the cost I paid, although my bulbs were different (80/100).

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
I'm not flipping out about anything.

code:
The parts you ordered are listed below. 
Items on back order are listed in the "Bck" column.
In-stock items will be shipped once all parts are available
unless you request otherwise. Approximate delivery times for
roll bars are 2-3 weeks.

Please check the confirmation carefully to ensure the 
product(s) and, if applicable, the year, is correct.

Item                                         Qty      Qty      Qty  Expected
 Number    Description                        Ord.     Shp.     Bck.    By
---------- ------------------------------ -------- -------- -------- --------
28-17100   Bosch H4 headlight KIT, 1990-9     1.00     0.00     1.00

42-76450   Group Buy discount                 1.00     1.00     0.00
If I'm reading that right they are on backorder and if that's the case it's pretty poor practice to not say so on the order/part page. If not there, the email should include something other than a poorly formatted chart of what is what.

Tactical Bonnet fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Feb 18, 2010

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

Tactical Bonnet posted:

If I'm reading that right they are on backorder and if that's the case it's pretty poor practice to not say so on the order/part page. If not there, the email should include something other than a poorly formatted chart of what is what.

Possibly... and could well be... a LOT of people are getting in on this buy.

However, instead of questioning it here, on the interwebs, you could, you know... call them? Or email Keith Tanner, or the rest of the crew at FM... they're usually quite responsive.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
I posted here after calling them and hearing a recording about how I was calling outside their business hours.

mobn
May 23, 2005

by Ozmaugh
I just got pulled over because my front right headlight was out. It apparently decided to die while I was at work today.

Should I order those lights from the FM group buy, or just pick up replacements at autozone? It's a 1994 if that matters.

Blackdawgg
May 8, 2004
Replaced my clutch slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder today. Nice springy firm clutch and a working miata!

I'm having a hell of a time with my ebay intake though. Just a cone filter and a MAF adapter but nothing to mount it. I tried making a shady bracket but it flexes too much and will touch the exhaust header shroud over bumps and stuff. I'm mainly fighting with how long the early intake crossover tubes are plus the comically massive air flow meter. Any suggestions on making a decent bracket?

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

mobn posted:

I just got pulled over because my front right headlight was out. It apparently decided to die while I was at work today.

Should I order those lights from the FM group buy, or just pick up replacements at autozone? It's a 1994 if that matters.

Well if you don't feel like your lights suck, then just get another sealed beam from your local parts store. Also if you need a headlight tomorrow, then go get one. I'm not sure when these FM ones are even shipping.

If you think your lights suck and you don't mind waiting, get in on the group buy.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

I talked to a guy at FM about the headlights today, he said they ordered a fresh pallet today and they'll have that pallet ordered out "in a couple weeks". I'm figuring about three weeks to get the ones I ordered if I get in on this pallet.

He also said there were "so many orders" that he had no idea whether I would get one off this pallet or not.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

Tactical Bonnet posted:

I talked to a guy at FM about the headlights today, he said they ordered a fresh pallet today and they'll have that pallet ordered out "in a couple weeks". I'm figuring about three weeks to get the ones I ordered if I get in on this pallet.

He also said there were "so many orders" that he had no idea whether I would get one off this pallet or not.

That's just bizarre... I've been in on a couple group buys before this, but most of the other ones I've seen and been interested in never flew due to lack of interest.

I don't recall seeing one so popular... but then again, a pair of E-codes and bulbs for 50 bucks... heh...

Set ordered today, I'll be waiting along with you.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Do they charge you when it ships? If they do, I'm hoppin' on.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
Yeah, I believe they charge when it ships.
FWIW, since these are 7" rounds they pretty much work on any car that uses 7" round sealed beams... I think that's part of why so many people have jumped on.

mobn
May 23, 2005

by Ozmaugh
I ordered and they haven't even sent me an email yet. Should I call them?

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
Took a couple days for me to get the email

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

Ditto on waiting two days for the email, and yes, they charge when it ships.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

quote:

Dear Flyin' Miata customer -

Thanks for taking part in our recent headlight group buy! As you
probably know, it was a huge success and allowed us to bring a good
product to a lot of people for an excellent price.

We advertised these lights as "e-codes", meaning they had markings for
European certification on them. To the best of our knowledge, that was
true. When the lights were delivered and inspected, we discovered these
markings were missing and that they had DOT motorcycle markings. We
suspended shipping the parts until we could determine how well they
worked.

When we tested them, we found that they performed just like a set of
e-code lights. This has been confirmed by tests performed by a third
party as well. The difference is only one of labeling. In fact, in our
testing the Bosch lights put out a visibly brighter light than anything
else.

If you'd like to see the results of our testing, you can view the photos
at http://www.flyinmiata.com/tech/lights.php

We apologize for the confusion, but we are confident that the product
will meet your expectations. We will resume shipping the lights on
Monday. If you are unhappy with these lights for any reason or feel that
we have misled you, we will take the lights back, no questions asked.

Keith Tanner
Flyin' Miata
keith@flyinmiata.com
http://www.flyinmiata.com
1-800-FLY-MX5s (orders)
1-970-464-5600 (tech)

I don't really care whether they're e-codes or not, as long as they work... but this might interest some of you.

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
So apparently a miata parked ALL the way over on the side of the road is still too wide for a truck/SUV to drive by.

Nice hit and run last night. gently caress people. :cry:

gently caress you. :cry:

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

Blaise posted:

So apparently a miata parked ALL the way over on the side of the road is still too wide for a truck/SUV to drive by.

I bet a paintless dent removal guy could take care of that.

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
Paint is peeling... hard to see it in the pic.

Frank Dux
Jun 19, 2005

Blaise posted:

I feel your pain. My car got hit it pretty much the same area and while back while in a target parking lot. I fixed it now, but it cost me about 800.

pim01
Oct 22, 2002

Hog Obituary posted:

I don't really care whether they're e-codes or not, as long as they work... but this might interest some of you.

I'm amazed at how horrible the standard US light pattern is - don't you guys get blinded by everything? The MX-5 is pretty low so you tend to get blinded by shittily adjusted lights anyway, but this is just terrible, pattern-wise. If all cars have patterns like this I would hate to drive on a busy two-lane at night:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/1609810300.html

What's everyone think?

Motor took two cranks to start up (but ran well, and the first crank was kinda halfhearted on his part anyway), top needs a new window, could probably use a new top anyway, light blowby, no gunk under the oil fill cap, rad has been replaced, no oil or coolant leaks, clean title.

Anything else I oughta check on?

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

Hog Obituary posted:

I had a feeling those were motorcycle lights, reason being that I was looking to replace my square ninja500 headlight with a 7" round light and came across this.

If you're dying to get the set in your hot little hands and don't want to wait, then buy two of those and pick up a couple of your favorite ~$30 bulbs.

CandlePower Inc. posted:

Ordinary retail price on this high-quality lamp unit is close to $60 apiece. These were ordered from Bosch by a major motorcycle manufacturer who then canceled production; and we are passing the savings on to you.

I wonder if they mean Buell..

televiper fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 21, 2010

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Got new 16x7 Konig Daylites (13.3lbs) with Yokohama Parada spec2 205/45-16 and installed them on friday. I wasn't really sold on black wheels, but I'm happy with how they came out. (sorry for cameraphone, I need better pics)

(suspension is H&R race springs and Bilstein sports)

Click here for the full 1024x667 image.

Click here for the full 1280x868 image.

aventari fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Feb 22, 2010

GETCHA PAPER UP
Apr 17, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is Hard Dog still making the best rollbars?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I forgot to manually seal the little place where the soft top doesn't seal completely right when I parked. There is snow inside my car!!!

I live in Austin, Texas so that I don't need to deal with this sort of poo poo. :(

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

Now if only I could find a stock front lip and 15" LS wheel.

(washed and claybar'd today, not gonna get to drive for a month)

EDIT: LENSFLARE

Edit#2: Hardtop = Now with less red!

crutt fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 25, 2010

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

crutt posted:

Is that plate set up to pivot out of the way at speed? I've always been curious if putting a plate in the mouth would significantly affect flow for the radiator.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

StoolBot posted:

Is Hard Dog still making the best rollbars?
Since nobody else answered this for you, I'll just say that they're one of the better known rollbar makers and you probably can't go wrong with a Hard Dog roll bar. The other good option is supposedly Boss Frog I think.

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

kimbo305 posted:

Is that plate set up to pivot out of the way at speed? I've always been curious if putting a plate in the mouth would significantly affect flow for the radiator.

No, its not, but I have not seen any issues with temperature yet, but I have not tried it during summer. I have driven it 1000+ miles with the plate as is with no problems.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

Your best bet is to live in a state with no front plate requirements. :kamina:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Tactical Bonnet posted:

Your best bet is to live in a state with no front plate requirements. :kamina:
Or just to ignore them completely :c00lbert: Top-down weather only a month away!

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
I am helping a friend fix up an NA he inherited.
However, its in another state and the roof is in questionable condition so he will need to have it shipped in a closed trailer.

Is there any consensus as to which shipper is the best?

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

destructo posted:

Or just to ignore them completely :c00lbert: Top-down weather only a month away!

It's just warm enough here to roll the windows down, but too cold to put the top down. :smithicide:

That said there was one lovely day a couple weeks ago where I got the top down. It was super rad. :unsmith:

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Tai-Pan posted:

I am helping a friend fix up an NA he inherited.
However, its in another state and the roof is in questionable condition so he will need to have it shipped in a closed trailer.

Is there any consensus as to which shipper is the best?

Get a ragged hard top and drive it yourselves?

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

destructo posted:

I've been driving back from work in the evenings with the roof off this week. In the rainy and windy UK :)

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
Why not just throw a tarp on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Ziploc posted:

Get a ragged hard top and drive it yourselves?

The over condition of the car is questionable, plus neither of us have time for a 4 day round trip drive.
Also, it is going to be full of spare parts and tools.