Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Schwartz posted:

I heard y'all liked Corgis.

Then you make a noise and they all turn and look at you and it's so cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Now that I finally got my stuff in order I can introduce you to my beautiful little Corgi that I got last week, Taziki!

She's been a little pistol. Really teething now but thankfully found these chew bones she really loves, I think that's helping her out. I think she's been fantastic with potty training, a couple of pees in the house here and there but never poops in the house, lets us no, and no crate accidents.

It's very hard for me to not record videos of her all the time and upload them, I've somehow kept it down to three so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPwd0r3zlrY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej2KBskbKVo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1m_cLQHX7g

She's 13 weeks now.

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

The Dave posted:

Now that I finally got my stuff in order I can introduce you to my beautiful little Corgi that I got last week, Taziki!

She's been a little pistol. Really teething now but thankfully found these chew bones she really loves, I think that's helping her out. I think she's been fantastic with potty training, a couple of pees in the house here and there but never poops in the house, lets us no, and no crate accidents.

It's very hard for me to not record videos of her all the time and upload them, I've somehow kept it down to three so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPwd0r3zlrY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej2KBskbKVo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1m_cLQHX7g

She's 13 weeks now.

Is this the corgi that you had questions about? Because that does not look right for either Pembrokes OR Cardigans. Her ears are too small/pointy, her face is too round, and her legs are too long. I'm wondering what breeder you used, and if they are a member of the PWCCA? I'm guessing not, and I'm wondering why would go elsewhere after we have all explained how important it is to get your corgi from a reputable source...

Mucktron
Dec 21, 2005

"But I've been twelve for a very long time"
My friend who does amature photography came down from the bay area for the weekend and took the time to take a few photos of Billina.

She's doing amazingly well. She's house-trained, very friendly, and is responding VERY well to clicker training. (it dosn't hurt that my dog trainer is fantastic.)

I was so sad after the loss of my last dog, but when I got Billina it was like a little piece of my heart came back.

She will also attract the attention of ladies. :haw:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Her markings are beautiful! Like some kind of tiger-corgi hybrid :3: Also that last line about getting a piece of your heart back made me get all 'awww' because I know how that feels. What a gorgeous girl she is!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I did get her from that breeder which the information I got from a close friend who has a sister that works at our local vet. They had papers for everything, met both parents, seemed very nice, healthy and were absolutely Pembrokes; Also had vet papers for the parents.

It was the mom's first litter ever, and she certainly seemed in good health and no signs they were lying about that. I saw pretty bad puppy mill conditions and read a bunch on some nasty backyard breeders and no read flags come up, I'll certainly talk to my vet though.

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

The Dave posted:

I did get her from that breeder which the information I got from a close friend who has a sister that works at our local vet. They had papers for everything, met both parents, seemed very nice, healthy and were absolutely Pembrokes; Also had vet papers for the parents.

It was the mom's first litter ever, and she certainly seemed in good health and no signs they were lying about that. I saw pretty bad puppy mill conditions and read a bunch on some nasty backyard breeders and no read flags come up, I'll certainly talk to my vet though.

Papers don't mean anything as far as quality is concerned. I'm not meaning to rain on your parade, but your puppy is very clear to me to be from a BYB. It looks nothing like a quality pup should. At the very least, I'd hope the puppy was OFA/vWD/and vision tested. There's more information about it in the New Puppy thread.

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

Where's my goddamned milk?!

The Dave posted:

The puppy is cute, and I hope she turns out to be a great dog with no major health issues. I'm glad the pup didn't come from mill-like conditions, but that doesn't mean it was a responsible breeder either. From what it sounds like, the breeder falls squarely into the category of BYB (doesn't do health/genetic testing, or care about conformation/working/titled dogs). A dog can have papers and still be a genetic mess. I guess I'm just hoping for your sake that the dog isn't a genetic mess, and that you didn't pay too much money for what amounts to a big unknown.

Anyway, I think I'm going to write up some additional information for the OP and get Londerwost to edit it. It would be good to have more information about choosing a breeder right here in this thread.

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

For Lack of a Better Name
OP's been updated. Please let me know if things need fixing or if people want to add something. There's some good advice in this thread that could be compiled.

Also, don't buy BYB. Just don't.

Corn Burst
Jun 18, 2004

Blammo!
I know a man who has several Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppies that would add a special something to any home. AKC Reg. 9 wks, tails, dew claws done. Vac, dewormed. Farm family raised. Health Guarantee. Males and females. Red/White and Tri's available. $350 edited out by moderator.

Here are some pictures, males in the box.

Click here for the full 1154x767 image.

Females in the basket.

Click here for the full 1154x767 image.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

Corn Burst posted:

I know a man who has several Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppies that would add a special something to any home. AKC Reg. 9 wks, tails, dew claws done. Vac, dewormed. Farm family raised. Health Guarantee. Males and females. Red/White and Tri's available. $350 [YOU LEFT A NUMBER WTF]

I don't really know what to say. This reads like a BYB. Do I really need a "don't peddle your BYB's in this thread" in the OP?

inkblottime fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 20, 2010

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

londerwost posted:

I don't really know what to say. This reads like a BYB. Do I really need a "don't peddle your BYB's in this thread" in the OP?

No, because the rules clearly state no adoption-type posts or selling. This just goes above and beyond those rules into sheer stupidity.

bamzilla fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 20, 2010

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Evil Eagle posted:

It has been rather cold here in Texas this winter, and this morning I woke up to see the pool completely frozen. Naturally Rain had to walk around a bit on it.

It snowed in Houston back in December, so Igby got to wander around and figure out what was going on. The bench was a bit cold though...

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

head shake

Oh and I don't remember if I mentioned it, but whenever Igby farts (audibly) he looks behind him and then take off running into the next room. It's terribly amusing and I'd love to catch it on film. I've never had a dog that reacts like this, but maybe ya'll have.

Tetris Crowley
Aug 17, 2007
who wants waffles!?

Sir Tonk posted:

Oh and I don't remember if I mentioned it, but whenever Igby farts (audibly) he looks behind him and then take off running into the next room. It's terribly amusing and I'd love to catch it on film. I've never had a dog that reacts like this, but maybe ya'll have.

I used to have a black lab that would do this, or just look at her butt in a very confused/scared manner. Cracked us up every time.

I miss her :sigh:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

As far as I can tell my shih tzu Daisy farted for the first time when she was about eight. She was drowsing quietly on the floor when all of a sudden - PARP - she woke up in a panic, spun round into the stink cloud and, horrified, ran away.
She gave us all dirty looks for the rest of the evening.
I'm glad to say she has since worked out that she is the source of the terrible smell and happily farts on us all without fear or favour.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
I don't think Snaps ever notices when she farts, but she is always really confused when the vet messes with her butt.

On another note, look at this handsome gentleman:

Pictures courtesy of the breeder Link.

We are thinking of calling him Pip.

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

Where's my goddamned milk?!

lu lu lu posted:

I don't think Snaps ever notices when she farts, but she is always really confused when the vet messes with her butt.

On another note, look at this handsome gentleman:

Holy poo poo! I looked at him on the C-Myste website a few days ago, and thought he was a really handsome pup. He and Josie are cousins (or something).

Congrats on the new baby! :3:

shady anachronism fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 24, 2010

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

anachrodragon posted:

Holy poo poo! I looked at him on the C-Myste website a few days ago, and thought he was a really handsome pup. He and Josie are cousins (or something).

Congrats on the new baby! :3:

Thank you!

He may be very distantly related to Snaps as well since there is a Pecan Valley lady up his tree.

His flight gets in at 2p on Friday and I can't wait. I think he is already almost as big as Snaps.

We really need to get together again. Maybe Norm's? Or something.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJPdLd8rzU

Alamo aka Pip.

He is very very affectionate :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnu2zewaafs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN0PdQYKIBY

lu lu lu fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 27, 2010

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

Gorgeous! I'm so jealous of all the newer Cardi babies! I can't wait until I've got a farm and I can get another...

paddiep
Aug 3, 2006

Elks love me...
CORGI grooming question guys!

So I have a Swedish vallhund and not a corgi so I am not sure if their coats are different or not, I ASSume not since they are pretty similar in most ways...

anyways I work at a daycare place here in town, I saw the saddest looking corgi there on Saturday and I'm still thinking about him, he had the worst coat I have ever seen, (super greasy, looked fluffy but only looked that way because it needed to be brushed out) long nails, dirty ears, etc.. I wasn't on that side while I was working but I snuck over and did what I could with a furminator and cleaned his ears. He let me do it all too..

anyways my point being, can a corgi's coat really get that bad if they don't get brushed out? I assume being on a bad diet, having shitheads for owners, etc had a part to play too..

poor little guy! he was so happy after I brushed him and gave him some attention..

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Milhouse has been sick all morning and I think he heard that we were taking him to the vet later today because hes been hard to find. I looked under the bed, his favorite corner, in the kitchen everywhere. Then I nearly trip over this in the living room:

Mil, you are terrible at hiding.

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

paddiep posted:

...anyways my point being, can a corgi's coat really get that bad if they don't get brushed out? I assume being on a bad diet, having shitheads for owners, etc had a part to play too..

We don't keep up with brushing as much as we should but people always comment on how shinny and nice her coat looks. I want to say that it may have to do with diet, although brushing should be done anyway.

I would be more concerned about the nails. That can cause all sorts a problems, from in grown nails to bad backs from walking weird.

Ringo Star Get posted:

Milhouse has been sick all morning and I think he heard that we were taking him to the vet later today because hes been hard to find. I looked under the bed, his favorite corner, in the kitchen everywhere. Then I nearly trip over this in the living room:

Mil, you are terrible at hiding.

I laughed so hard! :neckbeard:

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
To be honest I hardly brush Ace these days... Only thing it really effects as far as his coat quality goes is the amount of coat that covers everything I own. It's probably diet/ general neglect.

White1ce
Jul 31, 2003
IT IS YOUR CIVIC DUTY AS AN SA FORUMS MEMBER TO RUIN ALL OF THE THREADS I POST. IF I EVER POST A THREAD, TROLL IT!!!
I have nothing to contribute to this thread except some pictures I took at the dog park today, I think the last picture should be in the original post.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

White1ce posted:

I have nothing to contribute to this thread except some pictures I took at the dog park today, I think the last picture should be in the original post.

It is poo poo like this that really pisses me off. Who do you think you are to come into this thread and belittle some adorable corgi pictures. Cause that is a wonderful contribution to this thread :3: It's always nice to see a tri-pem. Eyebrows!

That right there is what me and mine refer to as "bologna moufin'".

How do you get such nice photos? Do you have a nice camera or what? Most of my corgi pictures are blurry.

Tunnelman
Feb 28, 2010

aaag air flow

Here's one of our two corgis. :3: His name is Tucker, took this photo a while back for a Christmas gift to give to my sister as she's the one who originally picked him out. His favorite hiding spot is a cubby hole in our laundry room.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
So I'm maybe (but probably not) getting a Corgi. Someone posted a possibly pregnant four year old Pembroke bitch on my local CL-talked about how much her puppies sell for but they can't keep her anymore. I wrote to ask about their 'rehoming fee' and it was $200. I'm broke, I don't need another dog, but...Corgi! So after a few days of debating I wrote them and told them I could offer $50, an excellent home (went on about my family's little farm and how my BFF/roomie is a vet tech blah blah) and I could pick her up ASAP since they made it sound like time was a factor.

That was five days ago, I never heard back. I assumed they sold her. Nope, her ad is back up on CL as of ten minutes ago, so I wrote and made sure they knew my offer still stands.

Also I have this and it's probably a Corgi mix.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Tunnelman posted:

Here's one of our two corgis. :3: His name is Tucker, took this photo a while back for a Christmas gift to give to my sister as she's the one who originally picked him out. His favorite hiding spot is a cubby hole in our laundry room.

Beautiful!

My wife and I are jumping in for Corgi # 2 this weekend.

KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

RabbitMage posted:

So I'm maybe (but probably not) getting a Corgi. Someone posted a possibly pregnant four year old Pembroke bitch on my local CL-talked about how much her puppies sell for but they can't keep her anymore. I wrote to ask about their 'rehoming fee' and it was $200. I'm broke, I don't need another dog, but...Corgi! So after a few days of debating I wrote them and told them I could offer $50, an excellent home (went on about my family's little farm and how my BFF/roomie is a vet tech blah blah) and I could pick her up ASAP since they made it sound like time was a factor.

That was five days ago, I never heard back. I assumed they sold her. Nope, her ad is back up on CL as of ten minutes ago, so I wrote and made sure they knew my offer still stands.

Also I have this and it's probably a Corgi mix.

Sounds like a failed BYB looking for another BYB to buy their "stock." If that's the case, they care about the money they can make rather than the conditions the dog will be going to. I doubt they'll take your offer unless they get no others. :(

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008

KnightLight posted:

Sounds like a failed BYB looking for another BYB to buy their "stock." If that's the case, they care about the money they can make rather than the conditions the dog will be going to. I doubt they'll take your offer unless they get no others. :(

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. It also sounds like she's not bred right now like they thought, so I'm sure they're even more eager to offload her. If I really felt I could spare the $200 I'd probably pay it, even though I have a strong feeling they'd turn around and use it to buy another dog. Almost like buying a pet store puppy to 'save' it. :(

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
If you can't possibly spare $200 for a dog (ignoring that the $200 would be going to a BYB), how could you afford the vet bills for an almost definitely poorly bred BYB dog?

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008

rivals posted:

If you can't possibly spare $200 for a dog (ignoring that the $200 would be going to a BYB), how could you afford the vet bills for an almost definitely poorly bred BYB dog?

Whoa, I didn't think of that at all! :downs:

Do I have $200 or more? Yes. Am I going to give it to a potential BYB for a dog I don't 'need'? No. Am I managing to provide for my other animals? Yes. Would I be able to care for this one barring any major medical emergency? Yes. Would I sell everything I own to pay for a major medical emergency? Yes.

I did actually think this out for a day or so before I sent my initial e-mail. But the ad is gone again, they haven't contacted me, so hopefully whoever got her decided to do right by her rather than use her to pump out endless litters.

But I still have this thing.

I don't remember if I introduced him here before. Marlowe's a 3 year old something from the county shelter. I think he's Corgi/Dachshund with something else thrown in. Hopefully he's Corgi enough for the thread.

KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

RabbitMage posted:

Whoa, I didn't think of that at all! :downs:

Do I have $200 or more? Yes. Am I going to give it to a potential BYB for a dog I don't 'need'? No. Am I managing to provide for my other animals? Yes. Would I be able to care for this one barring any major medical emergency? Yes. Would I sell everything I own to pay for a major medical emergency? Yes.

I did actually think this out for a day or so before I sent my initial e-mail. But the ad is gone again, they haven't contacted me, so hopefully whoever got her decided to do right by her rather than use her to pump out endless litters.

But I still have this thing.

I don't remember if I introduced him here before. Marlowe's a 3 year old something from the county shelter. I think he's Corgi/Dachshund with something else thrown in. Hopefully he's Corgi enough for the thread.

D'aawwwww, lookit those curly whiskers.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
My boyfriend bought me a forums account so we could spend more time together. On the internet.

Tunnelman posted:

Sorry to de-rail a little, but does that by any chance refer to Tee Tucker from the Mrs. Murphy Mystery books by Rita Mae Brown? If not, just forget I asked. (They're adorable books with a cat and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi solving mysteries...)

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
Here are some pictures of our new baby. He won't be with us for a few more weeks since he was only about 7 weeks old in these photos, but he's a hoot. His name is going to be Loki, and he has one blue eye and one brown eye. He is a half-brother to our current corgi, Pepper. Their mother got a nice year-and-a-half layoff between litters.

He wanted to eat my jeans apparently

Here he is with Pepper.

Pepper is happy to have a brother! Ignore the dude in the picture, he just pays the bills and brings the food.

Yo, imma blob
Apr 29, 2007

have you any wool

lu lu lu posted:

Okay, sorry if this is a derail but it bothers me every time I open this thread-- wtf is with the eyes in that photo? They look MSpainted.

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat
Its some terrible anti redeye filter probably

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

Yo, imma blob posted:

Okay, sorry if this is a derail but it bothers me every time I open this thread-- wtf is with the eyes in that photo? They look MSpainted.

streetlamp posted:

Its some terrible anti redeye filter probably

Pretty much. I think his red-eye filter was broken and he tried to remove it manually.

He has one blue eye and the other is half brown half blue. This picture does not do the color justice. They are beautiful.

Edit: streetlamp, I think all corgis hate the banana hat. Last Halloween we met up with a number of other corgis and their people and did a costumed walk at a city park. There were a lot of bananas. At the end there were a lot of people carrying banana hats.

lu lu lu fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 8, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunnelman
Feb 28, 2010

aaag air flow

TheLoveliestRedhead posted:

Sorry to de-rail a little, but does that by any chance refer to Tee Tucker from the Mrs. Murphy Mystery books by Rita Mae Brown? If not, just forget I asked. (They're adorable books with a cat and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi solving mysteries...)

Nah, while that would be a cool reason it's just a name that my sister thought was cute!

• Locked thread