Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonefish
Jul 29, 2008
I have a 2005 Schecter C1-E/A Semi-Hollow guitar in rare transparent black.
Two Duncan Designed humbuckers and an active Piezo pickup that emulates the sound of an acoustic guitar.
Play wear on the back (shallow beltbuckle scratches), and a small nick on the neck, otherwise good condition.
The frets have been professionally dressed and crowned, plays great and very versatile.

I would do $550 + shipping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Josh Wow posted:

I've got a basically brand new Danelectro French Toast Ocatave Distortion for sale. I bought it to try it out with my bass and it massacres my tone. Does not massacre guitar tone but I don't play much guitar. Used twice. Looking to get $25 for it, they go for $40 new. Or I'd trade for a distortion pedal for guitar, I don't much care for the one I have.

I've got a Boss DS-1 or DS-2 if you wanna trade straight up.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Sorry, already sold it to somebody through PMs.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Crossposted from SA-Mart (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3278732):

I recently got a huge payment for an album I spent the better part of the last year producing, and went on a bit of a shopping spree. What's funny is, I DIDN'T over do it money-wise...just now I have a bunch of poo poo that's taking up room that I need to move over to make room for the new gear! So I have up for grabs here a bunch of my old gear that I either haven't used in awhile, or won't be using anymore in light of my new acquisitions.

All products will come with whatever documentation I can find and will DEFINITELY have a power cable (maybe original, maybe not). The stuff's a little dusty, but all in perfectly working order besides that except where otherwise noted. If you need audio cables for anything, I HEARTILY recommend ordering from Monoprice.com the same day you order something from me. It'll arrive about the same time, and will be far cheaper than what I'd charge to throw some in.

Prices: I purchased nearly all of this gear for the lowest I could get it for easily at "street prices". I'm not going to try and turn a profit here, but the initial prices are going to be nearly what I paid for it, unless something got damaged or if the "street value" has depreciated. That being stated, I am absolutely open to price haggling. While I'm not looking to take a massive loss on this stuff, I'm also not severely hurting for money, and I'm more interested in moving inventory to make room. I won't get offended by lowballs...but don't expect me to take you up on one unless you're offering to take multiple pieces off my hands (as that would be an added convenience for me). Also make note that the prices offered are what I paid BEFORE shipping, but that I'm personally eating shipping costs, so I'm already taking a loss just offering these prices. Finally, as a general guideline to what sorts of single-item lowballs I'll entertain, I generally won't even consider anything lower than the lowest price said item has sold for under "completed listings" on Ebay.

BBE Sonic Maximizer Model 862 - $90

This was the first "professional model" sonic maximizer with electronically balanced I/O and +4dBu levels (both TRS and XLR). It's a weird little device that's very difficult to explain sonically if you're not familiar with it. It's an "audio enhancer", that works by using miniscule phase shifts and delays. It will make dull and lifeless signals sound vibrant and bright. And as you might expect from the adjectives used, it has a tendency to really bring out higher frequency sounds. The "Lo Contour" control can be used to increase bass presence to match the new treble. As an added benefit, it also fixes phase incoherencies pretty well! I used it several years ago, when I was doing mastering for local groups. Any "real" mastering engineer would cringe at the idea of using one for mastering...but I'd argue that if you're working mostly with low-level bedroom projects, it's an almost indispensible tool, especially if you don't have a high-dollar equalizer (which I do now, so I don't need this). It can also be used to breath new life into single tracks like vocals or guitars.

Symmetrix 552E Parametric Equalizer - $250

A cheap but respectable outboard analog EQ. Sound-wise, it's about on par with something like a Presonus EQ3B, just with two channels and a lot more versatility. This EQ has two channels with 7 EQ bands each, 5 of which are full range (10Hz-20kHz) AND fully parametric (bandwidths from .05 to 2 octaves). The other two bands are 2nd order low and high pass filters respectively. The 5 parametric bands have gains from -20 to +20 dB, and each channel sports a bypass button and a master input trim (-20 to +20). I/O is +4dBu, electronically balanced TRS and XLR. I personally found this EQ to be perfectly usable when used surgically. The ability to select very narrow bandwidths in particular make this unit shine for cutting out unwanted frequency material. While it's not particularly impressive when used for sweetening, boosting is usable, which is more than I can say for EQs on most mixers. So in summary, this unit would work great if you want something nicer-sounding and more versatile for treating a sound on the way to track, if you want something for entry-level outboard analog mastering without breaking the bank, or it's versatile enough you could even probably use it on mains for room treatment, and it would have much better phase coherency than the graphic equalizers that are normally used for such things.

DBX 166XL Compressor - $100

A perfectly usable entry-level outboard compressor. If you're familiar with the Alesis 3630, this does mostly the same kind of thing, but sounds a lot nicer. It's just a workhorse rack compressor, suitable for compression tasks ranging from transient shaping to level limiting. All the standard compression controls are featured (threshold, ratio, attack, release, makeup gain) and all do about what you'd expect. Like the 3630, there's also a separate limiter circuit that can be engaged continuously, a hard/soft knee control, a separate gate circuit, and a side-chain that I've used for de-essing, broadcast ducking, or that Daft Punk pulsing bass effect.

Casio CZ-5000 - $200

Quite possibly the most 80s-tastic keyboard ever. This is the bigger brother of the more famous CZ-101. It has all the same sound capabilities of that keyboard, PLUS it has more waveform memory, higher polyphony, a full extra octave of keys, AND an integrated step sequencer. These were made in the 80s to compete with Yamaha's DX-7, but were both lower-priced and easier to program. They are fully digital and don't have any filters, but they can make very unique sounds that are difficult to imitate with conventional synthesizers. The keyboard has fully-implemented proper MIDI support (except no key velocity). This particular keyboard is in...OK shape. It's missing a few screws and the end of one of the keys is missing, but I think this could be easily repaired or worked around (you could superglue a piece of wood to the stub on the key). Everything else on it still works perfectly. The sound of this keyboard was all over the 80s, particularly notable in movie soundtracks like "Top Gun" and "Beverly Hills Cop". I poo poo you not, the default sound that comes up when you turn it on sounds EXACTLY like the lead used on AxelF. And it's called the "Cozmo Synthesizer"!

M-audio Radium61 controller keyboard

Yamaha DD-55 desktop drum controller

Drum stuff - I bought most of this to expand on an Ion Drum Rocker I had gotten for playing Rock Band. I don't play Rock Band anymore, so I'm interested in getting rid of this stuff and just buying a new Roland set to start over, since I'm interested in actually learning drums now. I'm not listing it yet (I'm making a video games listing later), but if someone wants to go ahead and make an offer for the base Ion set, or the Ion expansion circuit I bought for it, I'll add prices and pictures.

Roland CY-8 Ecymbals - $70 apiece (I have three of them)

Nice replacement Ecymbals. They are dual-zone triggers and support chokes. They are tough as nails and can withstand any amount of abuse, unlike the piece of poo poo cymbals I bought them to replace. You can use them with any Rock Band kit as is...but you have to whack them a little harder than the default cymbols (note: this can be fixed by using the Ion expansion circuit, which I have if someone's interested).

Roland KD-8 Ekick - $75

I know it looks kind of beat up, but trust me, this thing will probably still be around after armageddon. I never had a single triggering problem even pounding it super fast with a double kick pedal. Also, the thing doesn't budge at all whenever I've used the retractable spikes and velcro on carpet. If you wanna use it with Rock Band, you need a special adapter (which I have and can list if someone's interested), OR you can use the Ion expansion circuit (which I also have if someone's interested).

Pearl Eliminator Double Bass Pedal - $250

One of the original beaters broke, so I replaced both of them. I still have the one whole original beater that I will include if requested. Pedal is in perfect working shape, and just a completely awesome kick pedal all around. By the way, that's the Ion Expansion circuit you can see in the picture there.

OSP DD502 drum brain - $100

Possibly the lowest cost drum brain you'll ever find (which is why I bought it). The sounds on it are usable, but other than that it's just a basic drum brain. It's got 8 drum inputs with a 9th for hi-hat control. It made a decent enough companion for the Ion kit when used with the Ion expansion circuit, if you want something that can play real drum sounds AND work for Rock Band. It's usable as a standalone drum machine as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I'll entertain trades of course...but I have to admit there's not much I'm looking for right now. I might be interested in higher-end microphones, but mostly German stuff (AKG, Beyerdynamic). Definitely NOT interested in any Chinese stuff (Studio Projects, MXL, etc.). I'd be particularly interested if someone had a Shure SM-7, Sennheiser MD-421, AKG C414, or something even along the lines of a Heil.

Justus fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 13, 2010

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
I may be interested in your Yamaha DD-55.. will this machine loop if I need it to? I'm using a MicroKorg and wanted to make some trance/techno with it, and am in need of a drum machine. I do have a boss loop station if need be, but I'd rather use that for the MicroKorg and my bass.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

I r Pat posted:

I may be interested in your Yamaha DD-55.. will this machine loop if I need it to? I'm using a MicroKorg and wanted to make some trance/techno with it, and am in need of a drum machine. I do have a boss loop station if need be, but I'd rather use that for the MicroKorg and my bass.

Man, I'm sorry, but Agreed already sniped it.

Truth be told though, I don't think it would have worked out well for you anyways. It only really responds to external MIDI and doesn't have any real kind of sequencer (which is what you'd use to make patterns to loop). You should probably be looking for something more along the lines of a Korg Electribe...or just using Fruity Loops maybe. DD-55s are far more useful if you want to record MIDI drum performances, and want a nicer way to do it than keyboard drums.

Still, it's not like you've missed out on the deal of the century here. DD-55s regularly sell on Ebay for around $60 if you're still interested.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Does anyone want a Big Muff Pi? It's in box with bubblewrap and has been gigged probably, 5-7 times or so. Has velcro on the bottom, has no issues (I grabbed a FuzzFactory and don't really use it anymore).

I'd LIKE to trade towards a flanger of some sort, but really I just like poo poo that makes noise.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

iostream.h posted:

Does anyone want a Big Muff Pi? It's in box with bubblewrap and has been gigged probably, 5-7 times or so. Has velcro on the bottom, has no issues (I grabbed a FuzzFactory and don't really use it anymore).

I'd LIKE to trade towards a flanger of some sort, but really I just like poo poo that makes noise.

Would you be interested in a Phase 90 with the R28 mod?

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Radium61 sold

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

iostream.h posted:

I have a beat to hell MIJ Boss BF-2 if that interests you, I just don't use it anymore. The paint is chipped up, and when I got it it had no knobs so I put some from a CB on it, other than that it works fine.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

iostream.h posted:

What would you be looking for in a cash contribution?

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Narwhale posted:

Would you be interested in a Phase 90 with the R28 mod?
Indeed. I've read some descriptions of this mod, could you describe it's sound?

Thumposaurus posted:

I have a beat to hell MIJ Boss BF-2 if that interests you, I just don't use it anymore. The paint is chipped up, and when I got it it had no knobs so I put some from a CB on it, other than that it works fine.
No thank you, that one doesn't really sound like what I'm looking for.

Twlight posted:

What would you be looking for in a cash contribution?
I dunno, I'd really like a pedal, but I'm open to offers (and SM-57's or equivalents). Throw me a number!

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

gone

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 16, 2010

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

iostream.h posted:

Sure. I'm not sure what the current reissue Phase 90s are like (I've heard they're a bit different), but this is an early 2000's reissue. It had a slight mid-boost when engaged that caused a little grainy distortion. When resistor 28 is removed it lowers the boost, making the effect a bit more subtle and smooth. I'm not sure of the details, but I think the EVH Phase 90 has a switch that accomplishes much the same thing, if not in the same way. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Edit: This dude recorded some before and after clips so you can get an idea of the difference the mod makes.

The Bunk fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 14, 2010

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Cool, let me ponder on it for a bit (and see if anyone else is interested), a phaser isn't my first choice, but I'm definitely not ruling it out.

Anyone interested in an EHX Ring Modulator?

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

iostream.h posted:

No thank you, that one doesn't really sound like what I'm looking for.

I dunno, I'd really like a pedal, but I'm open to offers (and SM-57's or equivalents). Throw me a number!

I've got an SM 57 in perfect condition that I'd love to trade. I got it with the intention of recording myself and never really got into it. I've got the little bag and everything still.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Paytizzle posted:

I've got an SM 57 in perfect condition that I'd love to trade. I got it with the intention of recording myself and never really got into it. I've got the little bag and everything still.
Sorry guys, but we have a winner!
If you'll e-mail me your shipping info at iostream.header AT gmail I'll get it in the mail to you on Monday.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

iostream.h posted:

Anyone interested in an EHX Ring Modulator?

I am!!

I have a Deluxe Memory Man if you're interested

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Yarbald posted:

I am!!

I have a Deluxe Memory Man if you're interested
Color me interested!

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

No velcro on back.

Let me know, I can ship it out Monday if you want.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

iostream.h posted:

Color me interested!

It's down at the practice space right now, I'll try to get some pictures this week. I think our viola player actually might want to buy it but I'll let you know!

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Yarbald posted:

It's down at the practice space right now, I'll try to get some pictures this week. I think our viola player actually might want to buy it but I'll let you know!
No worries, if you don't mind I'll leave it up here in case anyone else is interested.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

iostream.h posted:

No worries, if you don't mind I'll leave it up here in case anyone else is interested.

Sure thing

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Need to thin out some stuff I haven't used in forever.

Korg X50 61-key keyboard - $550 Shipped

Bought new two years ago, played approximately an hour or two. It's in like-new condition and I've kept it clean even though it just collects dust in my house. I thought I'd get into learning keyboard/piano. I was wrong. This will come with the retail box, manual, power cable, sustain pedal (radioshack) and cd.

Digitech Whammy effects pedal - Sold to plester1

Alesis SR-16 Drum Machine - Sold to I r Pat $100 Shipped

The Ferret King fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 22, 2010

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010
I'm looking to sell or trade the following! I can put some pics up real soon, or send some direct if you e-mail me.

Big Muff Pi guitar distortion - good condition, fresh 9 volt inside
Asking 60 shipped
You know what this is, it's super classic. Some cosmetic scratches, but the unit is built like a tank. I was using it on bass, but I want to get a Wooly Mammoth ZVex pedal, which is made for bass.
It's this one here:
http://www.amazon.com/Electro-Harmonix-Big-Muff-Pi-USA/dp/B000BQTCDO

Moog Rogue analog keyboard - Great condition, original power supply, fully working
I'm asking 550 shipped in the US
This guy is super sweet, I just don't play it anymore now that we have a go-to keyboard guy. The last one sold on eBay for 650, so I think 550 is pretty fair

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

The Ferret King posted:

Digitech Whammy effects pedal - $150 Shipped

Bought this used off ebay 4 years ago. It looks pretty worn, like someone's been putting their feet on it or something. Works great, I just don't use effects very much and don't really have a need for this pedal right now. Power adapter included.
Is that a 1st gen?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I believe it's a second generation, as it has individual LEDs for each effect type and does have a MIDI input. From what I've just researched I think that makes this a second gen pedal. Please correct me if I am wrong. The Digitech website refers to this pedal as the Whammy 4 based on description, matching photo, and their FAQ section.

http://www.digitech.com/products/Pedals/Whammy.php
http://www.digitech.com/cgi-bin/faqsearch.pl

It's a metal cased pedal and the effects are selected with a rotary knob.

The Ferret King fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 17, 2010

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

iostream.h posted:

Is that a 1st gen?

Doesn't look like it, according to wikipedia the 1st gen said "WHAMMY" on the actually rocker part of the pedal.

edit: Sent a PM.

plester1 fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 17, 2010

black_mastermind
Oct 30, 2008

JohnnyMondo posted:

I'm looking to sell or trade the following! I can put some pics up real soon, or send some direct if you e-mail me.

Big Muff Pi guitar distortion - good condition, fresh 9 volt inside
Asking 60 shipped
You know what this is, it's super classic. Some cosmetic scratches, but the unit is built like a tank. I was using it on bass, but I want to get a Wooly Mammoth ZVex pedal, which is made for bass.
It's this one here:
http://www.amazon.com/Electro-Harmonix-Big-Muff-Pi-USA/dp/B000BQTCDO

Moog Rogue analog keyboard - Great condition, original power supply, fully working
I'm asking 550 shipped in the US
This guy is super sweet, I just don't play it anymore now that we have a go-to keyboard guy. The last one sold on eBay for 650, so I think 550 is pretty fair

Any interest in trading the Rogue for a Warwick Corvette Standard? It is drat near mint, I think it's left my house four times. Loved it in the store, played the heck out of it for a couple weeks, now it chills in the case. It's 4-string and passive. Bubinga/ovangkol/wenge, has the bag and all the case candy (straplocks, wax, tools- they do it up right.)

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010

black_mastermind posted:

Any interest in trading the Rogue for a Warwick Corvette Standard? It is drat near mint, I think it's left my house four times. Loved it in the store, played the heck out of it for a couple weeks, now it chills in the case. It's 4-string and passive. Bubinga/ovangkol/wenge, has the bag and all the case candy (straplocks, wax, tools- they do it up right.)

That actually sounds like a possibility! Edit: email removed

reichsten fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 17, 2010

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
Would anyone be interested in a pro-co rat with the LM-308 chip? It's got some scratches on the side but nothing that affects the sound of it, just really isn't for me. There is also some marker residue on the top partly discoloring the word Distortion in a nice pinkish hue. I'm up for trade or cash lets see what you got!

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
Selling some stuff again:

Voodoo Labs Proctavia - $80 Shipped

Pictures upon request, but it's in excellent condition. I just don't have a need for it anymore.

Gorilla Salsa fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 20, 2010

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Anyone interested in the EVH MXR Flanger? It's in practically perfect condition, I'll post pics later.

Throw out an offer, I'm particularly interested in flangers.

MrWeight
Dec 9, 2006

by Ozma
Johhny Mondo:

My e-mail is NoahRabinovitch at gmail dot com

I will buy that pedal from you. please let me know.

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

I'm selling a distortion pedal that I no longer use or use.

DOD FX86B Death Metal Distortion pedal:
This thing is a very sweet distortion pedal. It can get some nice low (or screeching high) metal sounds or a nice warm distorted sound if you mess with the EQ on it.

I'm selling it for sold inside the US. Canada I'll have to let you know the $.

Just tested it out, works fine with the 9v battery inside. No power adapter included but it looks like a standard pedal adapter.

I r Pat fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 22, 2010

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Gorilla Salsa posted:

Selling some stuff again:

Voodoo Labs Proctavia - $80 Shipped

Pictures upon request, but it's in excellent condition. I just don't have a need for it anymore.
I keep telling myself I don't need this since I got the Zvex Octane3, but damnit...

Colin Ex Machina
Oct 16, 2004
I adopted a highway.
I would love to take that DOD Death Metal off your hands. I don't have plat so I don't think I can PM -- my email is c3flemin at gmail dot com, drop me a line or give me your email address and we'll work it out?

Nightrain
Dec 17, 2004

I may be new to SA, but I've been playing guitar in the desert and on top of pianos for years
edit: No longer available

Nightrain fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 23, 2010

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

Colin Ex Machina posted:

I would love to take that DOD Death Metal off your hands. I don't have plat so I don't think I can PM -- my email is c3flemin at gmail dot com, drop me a line or give me your email address and we'll work it out?

I emailed you!

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

I r Pat posted:

DOD FX86B Death Metal Distortion pedal

If for whatever reason Colin Ex Machina doesn't take it, I will pay you 30 american dollars for the pleasure of owning this pedal (again) :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

Gorilla Salsa posted:

If for whatever reason Colin Ex Machina doesn't take it, I will pay you 30 american dollars for the pleasure of owning this pedal (again) :ssh:

I sold it, but thanks for the interest!