Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
I many not go down in history but I'll go down on you sister.

Gianthogweed posted:

Don't really grief much, but I guess this sort of counts.

World of Warcraft:

I didn't do this, but my cousin did. A fairly common Auction House scam. He would find an obscure but worthless item up for auction and that there were very few of. He would buy them all (and spend less than 100 gold), and then put one of them up for auction for 1000 gold. Then with an alt would ask to buy the same item for 2000 gold. People would buy it thinking they could sell it and make a quick 1000 gold profit. But when they were about to sell it to him, he would log out saying that he had to go and he'll buy it later. So now the victim is stuck with a worthless item that he just spent 1000 gold on.

Before a patch made this impossible there was also the backspace scam. In WoW you can trade gold for items with other characters directly, but backspace the last digit right before accepting the trade. So, for example, you offer to buy an item from someone for 1000 gold. The person opens a trade, you put 1000 gold in your side of the trade window. Seeing that you have the money ready, the person selects accept. Right before accepting you backspace the last 0. So you wind up buying the item for 100 gold instead of 1000. It was awesome because often times the hapless victim wouldn't even know they got duped. And when they do find out and say "WTF, you only gave me 100!", you can reply with a sly "You snooze you lose," and hop away laughing. Great griefing trick.

edit:
The backspace scam in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaAhE6e8Ne4

This reminds of an old grief a friend of mine did along time ago in Vanilla WOW.This was years ago (pre-TBC) so I'll try and remember as much of it as I can.
Back in the day there was a place called Booty Bay that had a neutral auction house, meaning Horde could sell to Alliance and vice versa. Some people on our server had two accounts so that they could have both a horde and an alliance character on the same server. Since you couldn't mail or trade across factions the only way to get an item from one side to the other was to put it on the Booty Bay AH, log out, log in with your other character and buy it. (I have no idea if you can still do this)
This was a fairly well known thing at the time so a friend and decided to see if we could steal some of their poo poo. See some of the people who did this were lazy/didn't have alot of gold, so they'd put a real cheap buy out price, figuring they would be able to log back on in under a minute and buy their stuff back. What we would do if loiter outside the AH, wait for someone to put something on. If they logged out immeddiately we would run up to the AH and see what they put up. Chances were they had left some sweet poo poo for super low. We'd buy it and stand there. Invariably someone would log back on, go to the AH, see their poo poo was gone and they would have an epic meltdown. They would track us down and absolutely lose their poo poo. Most of the time the gear wasn't great but one time we got some purple staff for about 2g. I think it was worth about 700 or so.
I have some screen shots on my old HD that are just wall after wall of angry, ALL CAPS pink texts.

Some guy: WTF WHERE IS MY poo poo
Us:Hey that was a sweet bargain kthnxby :)
Some guy: YOU MOTHERFUCKING SCAMMER WHERE IS MY INTERNET SWORD OF POWER+5
Us: it's in my bag! Great sale Thnx again QT ;)
Some guy:PUT IT BACK IN THE AH NOW I'M CALLING BLIZZ
Us: But you sold it to us! Great deal thanx Hun luvs XOXO
Some guy :I AM SO ANGRY

serves them right for scamming the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

KillRoy posted:

A++ Would buy again!

Yeah they were definitely asking for that to happen. Wow.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
Speaking of CS, this is probably the funniest griefing related videos I've seen (sorry if it's been already posted)

http://www.pwned.nl/

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

KillRoy posted:

This reminds of an old grief a friend of mine did along time ago in Vanilla WOW.This was years ago (pre-TBC) so I'll try and remember as much of it as I can.
Back in the day there was a place called Booty Bay that had a neutral auction house, meaning Horde could sell to Alliance and vice versa. Some people on our server had two accounts so that they could have both a horde and an alliance character on the same server. Since you couldn't mail or trade across factions the only way to get an item from one side to the other was to put it on the Booty Bay AH, log out, log in with your other character and buy it. (I have no idea if you can still do this)
This was a fairly well known thing at the time so a friend and decided to see if we could steal some of their poo poo. See some of the people who did this were lazy/didn't have alot of gold, so they'd put a real cheap buy out price, figuring they would be able to log back on in under a minute and buy their stuff back. What we would do if loiter outside the AH, wait for someone to put something on. If they logged out immeddiately we would run up to the AH and see what they put up. Chances were they had left some sweet poo poo for super low. We'd buy it and stand there. Invariably someone would log back on, go to the AH, see their poo poo was gone and they would have an epic meltdown. They would track us down and absolutely lose their poo poo. Most of the time the gear wasn't great but one time we got some purple staff for about 2g. I think it was worth about 700 or so.
I have some screen shots on my old HD that are just wall after wall of angry, ALL CAPS pink texts.

Some guy: WTF WHERE IS MY poo poo
Us:Hey that was a sweet bargain kthnxby :)
Some guy: YOU MOTHERFUCKING SCAMMER WHERE IS MY INTERNET SWORD OF POWER+5
Us: it's in my bag! Great sale Thnx again QT ;)
Some guy:PUT IT BACK IN THE AH NOW I'M CALLING BLIZZ
Us: But you sold it to us! Great deal thanx Hun luvs XOXO
Some guy :I AM SO ANGRY

serves them right for scamming the system.

That's awesome, but it was completely his fault for putting it up for sale at such a low price. I'd love to see those screenshots.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

KillRoy posted:

Auction House story

In Final Fantasy XI there was an auction house system. You got a list of all the items in the game and you pick which one you wanted to buy, then place a bid on it. It would then sell you the item you selected with the lowest minimum bid the seller had on it. Say theres 3 items, one had 500gil as the minimum bid, the next had 600, the next 700. It would sell you the 500 first, and so a lot of people put the price below the average price in the region to get it sold ASAP. Some people went a bit overboard on this, especially when there were items with thousands of other sellers.

I always found a good way to make a quick buck was to put a 10 gil bid onto those sorts of things.

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.
CS was a good game for playing with 2 PC's side by side - both me and my brother we're pretty good at it, though as we were more used to faster games like Quake 3, it would often result in us rushing in as fast as possible, but, working as a well co-ordinated duo. Against your average disorganized team of CS players, this worked very well, admittedly part of it was down to the element of surprise (meeting enemies at points much closer to their base than they expect you to be), but it was effective enough that against 6 or less we would usually take the enemy team out all by ourselves, before most of our teammates even got a chance to see an enemy.

Ofcourse, after a few rounds of this it would start to get boring so we would declare the teams unbalanced and demand our teammates changed to the enemy team (if the "team balancing" didn't prevent it). A couple sometimes would, but mostly people just refused - well this is why we always made sure to play on a server with FF turned on - we would simply kill all our teammates at the start of the round, then proceed to still (usually) win the round. Most servers had auto-kick after 3 TK's but this didn't matter - we would do most of our teammate killing (ensuring to spare atleast one), then quickly disconnect/reconnect by typing "retry" in the console (or using the bind for it we would already have set up by now) and because both PC's were pretty fast (for the time) we could get back in the game, in the same round, and pick up the gun we would have dropped before (or one from our fallen teammates) and use the $800 of starting money to buy a vest and some ammo.

And when it came to one of us having died before another, well, it's pretty obvious the one that's alive will use the spectator view of the other to find out where people are. When we first started doing this we'd be subtle about it but eventually we stopped caring, and campers hiding in rooms were taken out from the other side of the wall (whoever was dead would line the camera up so the bulletholes made by the shots that missed could be used as a sort-of crosshair). That got us accused of wallhacking many a time but some people were smart enough to figure out that we were "screening" (as they called it). Even if there was a kick-vote system, we'd hardly ever get kicked because, owing to nature of your average CS player, anyone who wasn't the victim our tactics didn't care, and I'm guessing they were probably thankful that they didn't have to wait very long for the round to finish.

clamiam
Mar 4, 2008

IF A ROBOT IS BUILT IN THE FORM OF HUMAN BEINGS IT IS HARAAM
I'm getting into Dungeon Crawl, and I think it's fair to say that roguelikes are really good at griefing the player :mmmhmm:

TheAmbassador
Nov 21, 2005

by Ozma

Law posted:

In Final Fantasy XI there was an auction house system. You got a list of all the items in the game and you pick which one you wanted to buy, then place a bid on it. It would then sell you the item you selected with the lowest minimum bid the seller had on it. Say theres 3 items, one had 500gil as the minimum bid, the next had 600, the next 700. It would sell you the 500 first, and so a lot of people put the price below the average price in the region to get it sold ASAP. Some people went a bit overboard on this, especially when there were items with thousands of other sellers.

I always found a good way to make a quick buck was to put a 10 gil bid onto those sorts of things.

They'd put stuff up for 1 gil a lot too, to try and sell it asap, hoping no one would try 1 gil on the item. I got an astral ring that way.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Apparently people do not appreciate me following them around asking them to buy my duck.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
This has probably been posted before, but:

Borderlands respawn costs are pretty low, but when you're in the beginning zones you don't have much cash to play around with and dying too often stops you from being able to buy anything at all. As the distances between places are pretty big, you need to drive about; sharing the two-man cars.

I used to park a car facing a cliff and wait for a low/mid levelled player to jump in the turret seat. As soon as they did, it was high speed over the edge, killing us both instantly :D

"Oh man, I'm so sorry, I didn't realise there was a cliff there. Jump in and I'll drive us around it next time.
What? I tried to turn left! Why didn't it turn left?
So THAT's the turbo button"

What made it even better was when someone realised you were heading straight for a cliff; getting out the car was a pretty slow animation and the cars had turbo boosts, so they usually got out in mid-air and still fell to their deaths :

The final part of this was when they usually got wise and refused to get in your car. There were only two cars available at any time, so they'd teleport into the seat of the second car. Driven by a mate of mine. VROOOM. Instant rage!

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 12, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Supreme Court posted:

This has probably been posted before, but:

Borderlands respawn costs are pretty low, but when you're in the beginning zones you don't have much cash to play around with and dying too often stops you from being able to buy anything at all. As the distances between places are pretty big, you need to drive about; sharing the two-man cars.

I used to park a car facing a cliff and wait for a low/mid levelled player to jump in the turret seat. As soon as they did, it was high speed over the edge, killing us both instantly :D

"Oh man, I'm so sorry, I didn't realise there was a cliff there. Jump in and I'll drive us around it next time.
What? I tried to turn left! Why didn't it turn left?
So THAT's the turbo button"

What made it even better was when someone realised you were heading straight for a cliff; getting out the car was a pretty slow animation and the cars had turbo boosts, so they usually got out in mid-air and still fell to their deaths :

The final part of this was when they usually got wise and refused to get in your car. There were only two cars available at any time, so they'd teleport into the seat of the second car. Driven by a mate of mine. VROOOM. Instant rage!
Loving this story. No-win scenarios are the best.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
If you really want to grief people in Borderlands, just host a game in Dahl Headlands and start up the quest to kill bandit patrols. NPC vehicle collisions will one-shot any level player, and the REALLY fun part is that even if they're trying to get a second wind and stand back up, if the car hits them while they're on the ground it'll instantly kill them.

Zenodice
Mar 16, 2005
Oderint Dum Metuant
Speaking of wow, I'm sure some of you have seen those idiot gold sellers advertising random websites like (T12890G.org) to sell gold and such by spelling out the URLs with corpses in capitol cities with free accounts.

Well today one of them was doing that in Org on my server, but he was taking his time and using the /sleep emote to line things up just right.

So a bunch of people noticed this and we all decided we would block his path with our giant mammoth mounts.

He's been running around in circles for 20 minutes now while trying to figure out where to /sleep to finish spelling out his gold selling url, it was quite amusing.

Griefing the gold sellers, poetic justice.

U AM BUY GOLD NAOW?!

Click here for the full 1593x542 image.

Zenodice fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 13, 2010

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help

Zenodice posted:

spelling out the URLs with corpses in capitol cities with free accounts.

You can't be serious.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Greedish posted:

You can't be serious.

Wow is loving weird. You have no idea.

Thankfully, neither do i.

FuzzyPickles
Jun 7, 2004

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Wow is loving weird. You have no idea.

Thankfully, neither do i.

Trial accounts aren't allowed to talk in chat, and most gold trading web sites are filtered out in all game chat and messages as well. Some industrious gold sellers just spell out the name in level 1 corpses in front of the main auction house to get around this without spending the money on an actual account. Any purchased account would be banned within a day.

The sold gold also comes from compromised accounts too, which is why they crack down so hard on sellers.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

FuzzyPickles posted:

Trial accounts aren't allowed to talk in chat, and most gold trading web sites are filtered out in all game chat and messages as well. Some industrious gold sellers just spell out the name in level 1 corpses in front of the main auction house to get around this without spending the money on an actual account. Any purchased account would be banned within a day.

The sold gold also comes from compromised accounts too, which is why they crack down so hard on sellers.

Whats funny is sometimes a corpse or two will disappear from the pile after little bit and make the messages unreadable.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
We had a couple "corpse-dropping" sessions in vanilla WoW as well.

Our maintank was decent, and we were one of the 3 guilds on our server who could take down Ragnaros, so he thought he was tough poo poo. Always talking on vent, in guild chat, in guild's forums about his achievements and such. Me and a few officers always had a private channel with other members of our guild, where we'd talk poo poo about our guild leader and lovely people in our guild.

One time we made up a story about our maintank being molested as a child by his uncle. He was always min-maxing his HP and stats before tanking a boss or some poo poo (even if it was trivial.) One of the food items he'd always eat was called Spider Sausage. So I made a bald gnome warlock named Unclespider and spam our tank asking if he wanted any Spider Sausage. We'd also kill ourselves in ironforge making sentences like "[maintank]likes Unclespider Sausage" with our corpses. Back then, corpses didn't disappear for a very long time if you didn't retrieve it.( I think until server reset).

Our guild leader was also kind of a pedophile, he'd always private chat some of our underrage/teen "females" in our guild ( he was like 35). We'd have corpses like "[guildleader]likes Littlegirls" written with gnome female corpses all over Ironforge.

They always thought it was one of our rival guilds doing these corpse-drops and Spider Sausage spamming.

Fridge Full Of Bees
Sep 20, 2009

KillRoy posted:

AH Story

When I was in like, eight grade I did a similar thing on that neopets game. However, instead of an auction house it would be through an adoption thing. So basically since neopets couldn't die (yes I tried) if you don't want one anymore you can put it up for adoption. Well some people would put their suped up pets up for adoption to transfer it to a different account. Here comes bored old me, who adopts the pet and gets an email from its previous owner freaking out because I stole their pet. I eventually actually got banned because I kept teasing them about it and they got their stupid rear end pet back.

I'm too nice to grief people so that's kind of my only story. However lately I've been playing Left 4 Dead 2 joining random Versus games and if I'm put on the Survivors side and we're doing really bad like as soon as I join, I'll usually rush ahead and get incapped or shoot my teammates.

Fridge Full Of Bees fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 14, 2010

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Another WoW griefing. I had a level 70 Horde Balance Druid back in the days of TBC. I liked doing low level dungeons just because I was bored, very bored. So I was doing deadmines one day and I killed Cookie the chef. I got Cookies Tenderizer and it so happens to be a rolling pin.

So since it's actually near by, I decided to make a short trip to Raven Hill in Duskwood. I equipped my rolling pin, went to moonkin form and ran around hitting every lowbie I could find in that area. The great thing about Raven Hill is so many alliance go there because the best quests are there.

What's funny about it is cookies tenderizer wouldn't usually kill them in one hit, it would take some a couple hits. Sometimes I would get them down to low health and let them heal then I'd do it again. Or I would let them run away and I'd chase them around with the rolling pin in hand. It's a lot better if I had a video of it.

Then to confuse the enemy, I would help them with their quests for a bit and then turn on them. They had no idea what I'd do next.

I made sport out of them on a regular basis for about a week and very few could actually handle me when they brought in their big level 40+ mains :smug:

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I don't think I've ever seen someone just begging for people to ruin their fun the way these kids are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLx4g2a5Bg4

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/07/loyola_university_professor_be.html

Saw this in another thread, and it deserves to be posted. This guy basically griefed people by playing the game as intended.

Man, now I kinda want to sign up for CoH just so I can screw with these sperglords in the same way.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Dr_Amazing posted:

I don't think I've ever seen someone just begging for people to ruin their fun the way these kids are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLx4g2a5Bg4

I've always been a big advocate of using Spanish Flea in griefing.

Chumly
Dec 25, 2006

-Troika- posted:

Saw this in another thread, and it deserves to be posted.

Page 81:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&pagenumber=81&perpage=40#post362961150

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

That was like, only 8 months ago. Geez. :rolleye:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

-Troika- posted:

Saw this in another thread, and it deserves to be posted. This guy basically griefed people by playing the game as intended.

Man, now I kinda want to sign up for CoH just so I can screw with these sperglords in the same way.
This is more like accidental griefing. I love how the article tries to present online death threats as unsettling and shocking.

"He called me a shitbird" :ohdear:

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Fecha posted:

This is more like accidental griefing. I love how the article tries to present online death threats as unsettling and shocking.

"He called me a shitbird" :ohdear:

Do you have any idea how socially unacceptable that behavior is?

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Hahaha, shitbird. Never heard that one, I like it.

I've recently got back into Borderlands, cos I've actually got 3 other people who own it now. Basically the game devolves into a destruction derby whenever I'm driving a vehicle. Since I've had the game since release day I'm a better driver so it's usually the other 2 guys who suffer. No matter who it is I'm in the car with, they make me drive cos they want the other two to suffer!!

Then I demonstrated to them the joy of sending your car flying by meleeing it. Well, my joy, since two of them were already in that car, waiting for me to get into the other one so we could continue on.

They went over the edge of the hill, and onto green exploding barrels. They both needed to be revived and needed a new car after that.

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT
I do like how that guy unknowingly trolled the poo poo out of them and then got the last laugh by basically saying he trolled them as research and now everyone can laugh with him.

Robotic_Towel
Sep 1, 2005

Not Machine Washable
My buddy Jonny and I grief our own HL2 mod, Synergy all the time. Either we put up a listen server, or just join another server. We know exactly how to crash the server on most maps, but that's just going a bit too far. Instead, we like to get people trapped and killed.

A really easy and good example is using explosive barrels. Pick one up with the gravity gun and throw it STRAIGHT up into the air, and then catch it before it lands. Due to some lazy programming by Valve, the barrel is now a bomb that will explode if a butterfly so much as lands on it, and the damage dealt is not covered by friendly fire rules. So what you do is, prime a barrel, and then hold it in front of a doorway somewhere and wait for someone to walk into it. Rinse and repeat.

Another fun thing is using the SLAM mines. Normally, you can't place them on dynamic objects or physics props, but if you stare at the ground long enough for the SLAM to go into tripmine mode, you click to place it, and then whip your mouse over to where you want to place it, say like... a door. This door then becomes totally locked/stuck. The SLAM is indestructible from the other side, so everyone else is stuck there until you feel like blowing it up. This is when you leave a remote detonating SLAM next to the tripmine, and move on to the next door. Blow your first mines, the other players are finally able to proceed to... the next door.

Unfortunately, most Synergy players are retards and are terrible sports about anything.

Other fun things include joining a server with a buddy, lowering your graphics settings so you load significantly faster than anyone else, then do a votemap and keep changing it to a retarded map. This also works in Sven-Coop, except without the graphics changing.

Yet another thing you can do, is wait for the situation to be pretty tough, and your other teammates are all waiting to respawn on you near the end of a hard map. Bind a key to "kill" in the console and kill yourself just before they respawn to restart the map. Make sure you say something like "Whoops I tripped!"

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Robotic_Towel posted:

Synergy

Once, I was logged into a server with about five or six other people, and two admins. We were on the Episode 2 map where you have to walk through the industrial complex and get to the car. One of the admins was bitching about how slow we were going, how "We could have been done ten minutes ago!" Of course, he's being extremely helpful by standing near the start of the map and yelling at us to go faster. All of a sudden, the other admin spawns a car right next to the start. The whiny admin gets all mad and shoves it over the edge, causing us to lose the map.

After that, we're going through the map again, and he's still whining. Then one of us gets to the end of the map, gets Alyx in the car then slams it in reverse and drives off the bridge.

I came back a day later, and the server was gone.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

During QuakeWorld days for Quake 1, I'd hop into servers running single player maps and jump into the portal to end the map and start loading the next map in the rotation. Maps would last about 20sec max and often a few seconds if I got a lucky spawn right at the end of the map next to the portal.

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

A couple other people who were already in game actually started playing pre-recorded voice clips of the same guy I happened to be griefing getting angry at other people, calling them immature or whatever which sent him into further rage until he eventually quit the server. It was a pretty surreal experience, griefing someone only to have two have strangers on the internet start griefing the same person with stuff they'd prepared earlier.

When I used to play the hell out of TF2 there were two guys that were always complaining about other people on the server and people were constantly micspamming clips of them saying "OHMYGOSH are you seriously going to count that as a kill" and "jesus loving bodyshots can't you at least aim for my head" etc. It was annoying aside from the fact that playing somebody's own voice back to them when they're at their whiniest, most bitchiest is a really good way of getting them to just straight up leave the server

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Law posted:

I burned myself pretty good with this on accident shortly after I had first started playing FFXI because I didn't understand how the AH really worked yet, so for the longest time I would always put things up for 1 gil because it cost nothing to put it up for 1 gil. Then one day I lost a slightly pricey piece of armor I had outgrown and was selling to fund my next set. I was pretty disappointed, but it taught me how to use the AH so I learned to deal with the loss. From then on, I always made a point to try and buy things for 1, 10, and 100 gil before going anywhere near the actual price. It worked very few times in reality, and never on anything really expensive, but it aalmost always paid to constantly lowball every purchase.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

So I finally quit playing a game called Face of Mankind and for a short period of time I was in this little in game Senate, essentially its full of people who love to roleplay and think they're serious law makers and they spend hours of their time writing up imaginary bills its crazy.

I finally got bored of it and quit after making a mockery of the entire system by attempting to introduce a furry conviction act for example. In my super goodbye thread one of the "Senators" insulted us all! and its fantastic;

quote:

Xabin

1) i'm ****ing built, mate.
2) i quote the Exploited when i say maggie was a ****.
3) glad you got sick of it, i always knew you didn't have the balls to stick with it.

wish i could say i'd miss you, but you failed both as a troll and as a senator.

-J.X.

i forgot this part:

4) goons are filth; you got rolled in Eve, and you got rolled in FoM. mindless cretins, the lot of you.

Its the perfect example of the terrible community the game has and I thought it was hilarious, its also amusing that he says I failed as a troll then replied with such anger and that he thought I wanted to be a good "Senator". Its a shame more goons didn't get involved and stick around for a bit because Face of Mankind really does have one of the most terrible communities you could ever ask for and its fantastic.

Heres a small screenshot of some of the anger we managed to create in game;

Jacada fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Mar 31, 2010

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Sanctum posted:

Istvaan Shogaatsu/GHSC scamming

Well that was all well and good, and one of the very famous early stories of Eve, until (my rl friend) Morris Falter from Against All Authorities got 2 of his motherships for the grand total of 2 billion isk after promising another 36 billion more ("down payments"), which we then killed him with, and I helped Mo fly them away

You don't see Istvaan ever posting about that though

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Istvaan is a gigantic self-important blowhard. His sole claim to fame is getting in a news article that one time and there have been many, many better scammers than him.

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
In Myth and Myth II multiplayer games, anybody who started out in the middle of the map was almost certainly screwed due to starting out on top of a game-winning objective and being hugely outnumbered by the other players combined. Some times other players would allow the middle one to vacate his force to the edge of the map, but whenever I started out in that position I would just give up on winning the game and throw my force at the first player, effectively ruining the round for both of us.

There's an exception to this, though: steal the bacon. There was a ball in the middle of the map and whoever was in control of it at the end of the round was the winner. The idea was that you could kick the ball around with your guys and move it across the map, but if I started out with the 'bacon,' I'd bury it under a pile of satchel charges and then blow them all up. You could get the explosion big enough that the objective would be bouncing from one side of the map to the other for the rest of the round.

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help

Jacada posted:

FoM

We had fun when you guys decided to dance in the senate while I watched from up above and then suddenly fifteen soldiers stormed in and started yelling at you guys. It was hilarious.

Cheers from Lord British, may I never play that game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Swatting flies from the sky
Even though air is nerfed to poo poo, some people are still very picky about whoring air. Friendly fire is disabled by default in this game, but blast from explosives still has a knockback effect for teammates. I can't teamkill people, but if they are flying a helicopter I can knock them around in the air with rockets/mortar even if it is 0 dmg. So I let the apache take off, then as soon as they tilt the helicopter forward I shoot a rocket into their tail and watch them flip upside-down and crash into the ground. Glorious. :neckbeard:

Christmas trees!
BC2 has a lot more snipers than any of us would like on our team. The ones on the enemy team aren't so much of an issue, but you can hear their impotent rage when you run around. That's because snipers can't hit you if you keep moving, yeah they're pretty much worthless. So spawn as an assault and shoot tracer darts into snipers on your team while they try to be all stealthy. They need to be stealthy or other snipers will shoot them first, but don't worry you're not sitting still so enemy snipers are no real threat to you. Tracer darts, intended to mark enemy armor, will stick to people for 45s and have a blinking red light. The luminosity actually stacks so if you put 3x tracers on one sniper he will be more than plainly visible from across the map. So painfully visible it becomes annoying to everyone, people will hunt that fucker down if they have to.

Scorched earth
Goon ZephroDyne had the genius idea of using C4 to blow up all trees while defending on forest or jungle maps. This is perhaps the best misuse of destructible physics in the game, with a little dedication you can turn a map filled with trees meant to provide cover for the attackers into a cratered wasteland.

Click here for the full 1440x900 image.

With no cover for attackers, rather than making a futile charge over the open ground they all decide to snipe. Seriously like 90% of the enemy team will be sniping when you are done deforesting a map, and with no one actually attacking they are guaranteed to lose. But not before I blow up every piece of cover available for my team, piece by piece, until three snipers are huddled under the last tree (painfully loving obvious, one tree left standing gee I think I'll hide next to it). Then I blow that tree up too. :v:

Really a great way to say gently caress the other team, gently caress my team, gently caress everyone. I'm going to ruin this map. This is the only thing I have done that has actually gotten me kicked from a server.

• Locked thread