Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it's been more than 24 hours, who's injured?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2010/03/25/puroresu-pulse-issue-167-dooooooooooooom/
Pretty much a giant :smith:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
NOAH had a show in Chiba, which is just east of Tokyo, headlined by a tag title match. These pictures were taken during match 5 of 7:
http://0bbs.jp/noah-gara/img26_1
http://0bbs.jp/noah-gara/img27_1

:smith:

Artemis Entreri
Oct 2, 2005

by Peatpot
Anyone reason why people didn't move down to the better seats?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Holy god that is so incredibly depressing.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Artemis Entreri posted:

Japanese people are polite and respectful :unsmith:

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes

Artemis Entreri posted:

they didn't want to catch what NOAH has

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Acute Hepatitis posted:

they didn't want to catch what NOAH has
:drat:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Michinoku Pro 10-man, 2 of 3

Kaientai Deluxe vs Sasuke, Delfin, Hamada, Tiger Mask 4 & Naniwa, elimination match, Michinoku Pro December 9th 1996

http://realman.theditch.biz/MPro/MProEliminationMatch12-9-96.avi

Super-great, but in a different way than the October version. It's not quite as sprinty or athletic, but for my money it's more intense and dramatic. NANIWAMANIA~

edit: Shiozaki back on the next tour, as are Delirious and Kikuchi.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 27, 2010

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Nakajima now has a right eye problem. :qq:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

reports are that the new noah logo is suffering from a fractured third serif

JavyOO7
Dec 4, 2005
y halo thar?
How did NOAH reach to this point? Is it just MMA and the passing of Misawa or is there more that I'm not aware of?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The wave of injuries they've had is to my knowledge unprecedented in Japanese wrestling history. Add in Misawa's death, the loss of NTV, bad booking, and it's all going wrong at the same time.

Here's my look back at NOAH's decline, from a few weeks back:
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2010/01/14/puroresu-pulse-issue-162-a-preventable-decline/

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

who is booking NOAH now? Pre-death, I was sure it was all Misawa booking.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It was Akiyama and/or Kobashi who booked, Misawa was the business end of things primarily. At this point I would have to guess it's Akiyama and Marufuji.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Hey Ditch.

He doesn't look bad for an old guy. He should come out of retirement and face KENTA. :colbert:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Marufuji beat Takayama to open up the Global League and I really want to see that match.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
-Hansen's back is a disaster. I think if it wasn't, he wouldn't have retired. Especially just a few months after the split!

-Marufuji at least has the decency to book himself a win with a cradle. He ain't getting no finisher pin on Takayama :colbert:

POOR MANS HROLF
Apr 9, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

HulkaMatt posted:

Hey Ditch.

He doesn't look bad for an old guy. He should come out of retirement and face KENTA. :colbert:

i cannot imagine how blind big stan is these days

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

-Hansen's back is a disaster. I think if it wasn't, he wouldn't have retired. Especially just a few months after the split!

-Marufuji at least has the decency to book himself a win with a cradle. He ain't getting no finisher pin on Takayama :colbert:

But one of his finishers is a cradle!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

HulkaMatt posted:

Nakajima now has a right eye problem. :qq:
Oh and Kanemaru hurt his knee.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

Next you're gonna tell me that Muta is in the best physical shape of his career.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

Next you're gonna tell me that Muta is in the best physical shape of his career.

But Muta is injured. :confused:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

What in the world is this company going to do?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

What in the world is this company going to do?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
...Grizzly Redwood???

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Ditch posted:

...Grizzly Redwood???

And now, number one. The larch.

The larch.

RandyOrtonIsMyGod
May 12, 2009

Now divinely touched by RK-Pyro

Ditch posted:

The wave of injuries they've had is to my knowledge unprecedented in Japanese wrestling history. Add in Misawa's death, the loss of NTV, bad booking, and it's all going wrong at the same time.

Here's my look back at NOAH's decline, from a few weeks back:
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2010/01/14/puroresu-pulse-issue-162-a-preventable-decline/

Could someone post a quick list of who's injured and who's not? I'm having a hard time keeping track of them all.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Kobashi, KENTA, Nakajima, Kanamaru, Suzuki, Taue, Shiozaki (about to return), Misawa (out a while)

Dyslexic Marco
Sep 25, 2006

by Ozma

Ditch posted:

Kobashi, KENTA, Nakajima, Kanamaru, Suzuki, Taue, Shiozaki (about to return), Misawa (out a while)

Too soon Brah.

Sprite Based
Nov 13, 2004

dance dance sasquatch
Ditch -- what's the story on Akiyama's mental issues? I've heard it discussed in several different places, but there's never been any elaboration.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Hahahahaha, Takayama's official site is hilarious. Clicking "BIG FAN!" gets a "GOOD CHOICE" in response before the page loads, and clicking "HATE YOU!!" is even better.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Ahahahahaha.

I have seen very, very few Takayama matches, and only one MMA fight (the awesome one with Don Frye), but he's one of my favorite puro wrestlers.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch I just went and watched a 6 man from 8/18/90 between Jumbo/Fuchi/Taue and Misawa/Kawada/Kikuchi and I just wanted to thank you again for having all this great stuff uploaded. :toot:

NOAH seems to be releasing a Misawa All Japan pack:

http://noah.co.jp/news_detail.php?news_id=2003&td=20100401

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Takayama's website has been a goldmine for years. He loves ZZ Top!

Sprite Based posted:

Ditch -- what's the story on Akiyama's mental issues? I've heard it discussed in several different places, but there's never been any elaboration.
Nobody really seems to have a firm grasp on it, but the choices he made- skipping huge matches for 'injuries' and coming right back- make me think something has to be wrong. I'm sure he could use a year (or more) off, but TAKE IT, don't go back and forth.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CVagts posted:

Ahahahahaha.

I have seen very, very few Takayama matches, and only one MMA fight (the awesome one with Don Frye), but he's one of my favorite puro wrestlers.

Takayama is the Japanese Randy the Ram. That dude will wrestle anyone, anywhere for any amount of money. I think he even did a show for Okinawa Pro.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Liger is just as much 'everywhere', though mostly junior-based feds.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

coconono posted:

Takayama is the Japanese Randy the Ram. That dude will wrestle anyone, anywhere for any amount of money. I think he even did a show for Okinawa Pro.
Actually, Great Sasuke is the Japanese Ram (or was?)

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2010/04/08/puroresu-pulse-issue-167-big-four-booking-overview/
In this issue I talk about what's going on in Japan and where things might be headed. You know, like I used to but never do anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I was just going to ask you what was up with Kobashi.