Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaleIrishGuy
Feb 5, 2004
Pale as paper

Zahrkon posted:

Kilts are supposed to reach your knees.

Yeah, but they aren't kilts. They just have the name kilt pants. They are basically a number of back and front flaps that clip onto the pants somewhere near the waist. The one up there looks like two front flaps and probably one back flap.

Anyway, I hope this drat fight ends with Ippo in a coma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Outland Dish
Jul 26, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump
Someone send Mori this thread. Woli will be dead next chapter, guaranteed.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Geop posted:

God, I'm sorry, but that HAS TO BE a girl :gonk:

Next fight: Ippo vs Bandō Tamasaburō.

vvvvvvvvv

vvvvvvvvvv

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Apr 18, 2010

Kweh
Jul 20, 2006

ROYAL
STRAIGHT
FLUSH
scottish men in anime wear mini-kilts and thigh-high boots

Swamp Zero
Dec 8, 2009

by elpintogrande

trucutru posted:

I bet you think that Nomura's designs for square-enix games are crazy as hell and not based on some of the ugly-rear end fashions on many popular Japanese subcultures. They are actually kinda restrained.

(that's like the second hit for "japanese male fashion")

Morikawa: end this crap soon. The off-topic tangents in here are getting out of hand.

Edit: To add something Ippo-related: I hope that Morikawa has the balls to make Ippo lose after all. It is not too late and it will would add a real twist to the story. After all this match is not for the belt so Ippo won't lose it.

... On second thought, that would mean that there would be a rematch against monkey-boy later. Win Ippo, Win!

The one on the right is pretty cool actually

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Swamp Zero posted:

The one on the right is pretty cool actually
He has two different pant legs. :colbert: Are you supporting Tidus?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There is nothing wrong with being a transvestite. I was just initially confused as to what I was looking at.

Swamp Zero
Dec 8, 2009

by elpintogrande

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

He has two different pant legs. :colbert: Are you supporting Tidus?

"he" ?

Oh I see how it is.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Where are my weekend spoilers :ohdear:

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

892 ain't on the net it seems :psyduck:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Perhaps it is so bad that even the Japanese refuse to unleash it upon the internet?

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Perhaps it is so bad that even the Japanese refuse to unleash it upon the internet?
Given Japan's track record, I'm afraid such a thing cannot POSSIBLY exist.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Ugh. Just found out why we haven't gotten a raw.

Here's the thing: RawParadise would do a lovely scan and we'd get the gist of it. That's now gone. RawParadise has been shut down. Japan probably went after them; they've been doing that lately. We'll have to wait for IgnitionOne to actually scanslate the chapter from their high quality version. WHICH MEANS :v: That we'll have to wait a week before we can see today's strip (if they pop out scanslations weekly on time).

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You mean the group that plastered RAWPARADISE over all their scans got closed down? However did they find them?

skywalker6705
Mar 16, 2006

"I can't fit my meat into my new shorts!"

Infinitum posted:

You mean the group that plastered RAWPARADISE over all their scans got closed down? However did they find them?

Good loving riddance. I don't care how loving proud they were of being "first", they were just as irritating as people who post that poo poo in comments, and just wound up loving with my weekly chapters for like 3 weeks.

An Outland Dish
Jul 26, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump
At least now I can only be mad a Mori the day of instead of weeks earlier.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I dunno why they started doing that waterprint bullshit. We've been getting Ippo chapters off them ever since we got caught up, and they decided to pull that dickmove for some silly reason.

Swamp Zero
Dec 8, 2009

by elpintogrande

Infinitum posted:

Lmao, there is a god after all

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?

Swamp Zero posted:

Lmao, there is a god after all

Well, this fight's still going on sooooooooooo

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
891 is up

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

LightWarden posted:

891 is up

Eh. I dunno. I feel tired of arguing with the manga's logic. It's shonen. They're always gonna find some dumb excuse to make the underdog win, despite all odds.

It wouldn't have been so bad if Woli won, and the real Ippo (the one actually prepared for the world stage) came back, completely reconditioned, and badass.

stoneb
Jan 8, 2009

by angerbotSD

Jedah posted:

Eh. I dunno. I feel tired of arguing with the manga's logic. It's shonen. They're always gonna find some dumb excuse to make the underdog win, despite all odds.

It wouldn't have been so bad if Woli won, and the real Ippo (the one actually prepared for the world stage) came back, completely reconditioned, and badass.

yea but there's no reason for Ippo not to be prepared for the world stage. As horrible as this lovely fight has been, it'd be 10x worse with Woli winning.

Every day when I wake up, and every night before I go to sleep, I pray to God that this fight ends swiftly with Ippo as the victor.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Hahaha, wow they actually mention the "Samurai spirit", this loving manga

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So, Ippo wins because he is japanese. That's real nice.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I dunno, the fact that Woli finally got hit in his smug loving face sort of balanced out the stupidity of this chapter for me.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Hahaha, wow they actually mention the "Samurai spirit", this loving manga

That's a throwback to the Kamogawa fight. It still sucks tho.

Monaghan posted:

I dunno, the fact that Woli finally got hit in his smug loving face sort of balanced out the stupidity of this chapter for me.

No, nothing balances the fact that Woli is gonna lose because he got hit a dozen times by punches so weak he didn't even feel them (Well, technically is going to lose because he aint Japanese but whatever). This fight is such bullshit.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mutant. Powers.

Not only was he barely touching Woli. He someone managed to put an entire fist imprint on his body in only a dozen touches through the thickness of his boxing gloves.

Ladies & gentlemen. Mutant powers.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Ippo's hands have become a printing press.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Mutant. Powers.

Not only was he barely touching Woli. He someone managed to put an entire fist imprint on his body in only a dozen touches through the thickness of his boxing gloves.

Ladies & gentlemen. Mutant powers.

No, iron fists! Ignore the fact that actual fists made of iron wouldn't do that through a glove.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Part of me wonders if this manga has just become a victim of it's own escalating degree of action abstraction, a ball that started rolling when Ippo blew Karasawa's guts apart with abody blow. The notion of "really talented newbie kid from the jungle runs circles around Ippo who only lands seemingly light hits that later turn out to be decent hits that slow him down for the kill" in and of itself isn't so bad--I think it's the fact that Woli was supposed to be so dominant and that Ippo's only gains were supposed to be so meager that makes it go into the realm of eye-rolling.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Have they ever mentioned Kamogawa's name before? I didnt know it was Genji.

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!
Next Ippo realizes through his sacrifices that he has gained the fist of the north star. Woli doesn't even realize it, but he's already dead. Seriously the manga has loving hit rock bottom.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/891/09/

page 9 is truly the height of loving absurdity, I applaud you, Mori.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I suppose this was only fitting. If Woli is allowed to violate the law of gravity, then Ippo can tell Newton's 2nd law to piss off. I just hope that this means the fight is almost done and we can move on to something better.

Cross012
Jun 10, 2009

by mons all madden
This manga... it reminds me of yakitate japan and all the shark jumping :smith:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

KoB posted:

Have they ever mentioned Kamogawa's name before? I didnt know it was Genji.

Yeah, a few times. The other geezer calls hims gen-chan all the time too.

KoB posted:

http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/891/09/

page 9 is truly the height of loving absurdity, I applaud you, Mori.

You know, if I were the coach and saw that my immediate reaction would be: "That fucker has done something to his gloves!" but this guy is all "Iron fistsssss" :downs:

Soon...

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
Woli is already dead.

stoneb
Jan 8, 2009

by angerbotSD
fast, powerful punches were worthless, but slow, light taps somehow got through Woli's guard every time.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
This poo poo could have been perfectly plausible if Ippo had actually , y'know, PUNCHED Woli instead of just gently placing his fist at his side.

Magic samurai power apparently only manifests when you do something retarded while getting the everliving poo poo kicked out of you :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Forest Fuckery posted:

This poo poo could have been perfectly plausible if Ippo had actually , y'know, PUNCHED Woli instead of just gently placing his fist at his side.

Magic samurai power apparently only manifests when you do something retarded while getting the everliving poo poo kicked out of you :argh:

Exactly! Just ask Commodore Perry.