Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Industrial posted:

Hostile flags also wore off after about 5 minutes if no other hostile actions were taken. If we stole a particularly good item we would wait for the flag to wear off, then brazenly walk back into town wearing nothing but whatever item we stole, while spamming in all caps "BROADSWORD OF VANQUISHING FOR SALE (or whatever the stolen item was)" as close to the person who it was stolen from as possible.

This is such a huge dick move, and I applaud you for it. Hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
More UO Stories:

The Joys of Taming

Animal taming in UO was awesome. You could name your animals (no spaces) and tell them to do all sorts of fun things like attack and follow. Your tamed animals were also considered friendly and therefore proteced by guards while in town. Obviously you couldn't order your animals to attack people in town or they would be instantly destroyed. You could, however, rename them to something like "thepersoniamfollowingisgay" and tell them to follow someone. And they will. Forever, or until they die. Now most people were smart about this. They would either teleport away or leave town and then kill the offending animal. Some people, however, had one of two hilarious reactions. The most common would be to run around screaming, denying their implied homosexuality. The second, much rarer reaction was to get so irritated that they would attack your tame animal, which would result in them being instakilled by guards.

Another great thing to do was tame a bunch of strong, dangerous, normally hostile animals. Grizzly bears or polar bears were good choices. Tame 10-12 of them (this required a group of 2 or 3 tamers), gate them back to town, and say the magic words "all release." Your animals instantly become untamed, and if they are animals that would normally be hostile then they become hostile once more. The guards would wipe them out pretty quick but it was still hilarious and occasionally resulted in a death if there was a newbie or an injured person around.

Harassing Miners

Ultima was unique in that there was a hard cap on your skill points. You could only have 700 skill points total, and a max of 100 per skills. Since there were something like 15-20 combat skills, people would make separate characters for tradecraft, of which mining was the most common. These would be weak newbie characters with little to no fighting ability. The biggest mine in the game was within a guard protected city, but if you went far enough in there was a small part of the mine which was "outside of town" and not patrolled. There was nothing quite like entering the mines with a combat character and inflicting mass destruction. Summoning a hostile monster such as a blade spirit would rip through the mines, leaving a weak of ill-armored miners, broken picks, and iron ore.

Another occupational hazard for miners was the weight of the ore. Ore was automatically put in your backpack when you successfully mined it, even if it encumbered you. Miners would often mine way too much ore to carry, and try to haul the ore to the forge by dropping it, moving, picking it up, dropping it, etc. Most people who saw this would politely allow the miner to continue. I would pick up the ore, which was technically no ones property because it was sitting on the ground. I would then deny having picked up the ore, only to drop it so that it became visible when the miner walked far enough away that he couldn't pick it back up. When he ran back to me accusingly, I would pick the ore back up and pretend to have no idea what he was talking about. As soon as he gave up on talking to me and started walking away, I would drop it again.

Potions and Traps

Potions and traps were by far the most underutilized aspect of UO. A GM trapped chest could kill anyone, instantly. Obviously the trick was to get them to open it. Most people were smart enough not to risk opening an empty chest since there was no reward. If you put a couple items in the chest people could just pick up the chest and leave with it, opening it somewhere safe where no one could loot them if it was trapped. When you clicked on a chest in ultima it would tell you how many items were inside and how much they weighed, but nothing else. So the trick was to fill up the chest with items so heavy no one could possibly lift it, worthless items like furniture, rocks, bags, empty bottles, etc. Then trap it and just leave it sitting in the middle of town. Inevitably someone with visions of hundreds of pounds worth of plate armor and enchanted weapons in their head would open the chest, and instantly perish.

Potions were fun too. 2-4 GM made exploding potions could kill anyone, assuming they didn't move. Most people moved after getting hit with one or two, because they had a 2-3 second delay before they exploded. However, this was an advantage within city limits. As soon as you physically damage someone in town, guards instakill you. However, if you managed to throw several exploding potions onto someone in town who was engaged in something like banking, or a transaction, all of the potions would often go off before they had time to react. The guards would kill you as soon as the first potion exploded, but they would still all explode. and since we were always naked except for the potions we lost nothing.

Impersonating an NPC

There were certain NPCs called Nobles that spawned in a very small area of UO that were quite easy to kill and carried a good amount of gold and, often, magic weapons, which made them an easy target for newbie to mid level characters. Nobles wore a distinctive cape/shirt/pants combination that made them identifiable without clicking on their profile. In UO there was no visible difference between an NPC and a PC besides the fact that NPC's don't move very quickly and have titles in their profiles. Nobles were so easy to spot that people would often kill them as soon as they saw them without opening their profile. So what I would do was kill a noble and then remove all of my clothing and equipment and put on whatever the noble was wearing. Then I would walk around slowly and cluelessly. Inevitably someone would attack me expecting an easy noble kill, at which point I would destory them since they were aggro flagged and I was a grandmaster swordsman.

I will have to think of more, it's been a while.

Industrial fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 29, 2010

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't remember if this was in the official UO or a private server but at some point you could throw exploding potions, and right before their timer went off pick them back up again and keep them primed in your pack indefinitely, which made for excellent pot-ganking ability.

And definitely on a private server I discovered a glitch in their custom house deed system that basically spat out untraceable gold to the tune of 45K or so each time you did the glitch. I think through my discovery and my careful sharing of it I managed to wreck the economy of the entire server.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
One a friend did in UO consisted of making money from "The bags of mystery".
Dyed bags with worthless items like rocks in them being sold for far more than their worth, they were an hot item.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Someone mentioned Trouble in Terrorist Town earlier in this thread. After checking it out I've discovered it is, indeed, prime griefing ground.

Assisted Suicide in Terrorist Town

Pretty much everyone in TTT uses a microphone to yell out when they spot someone acting suspicious, or holding one of the traitor-only items such as a knife or C4. People always listened to the guys with microphones because having an angry dude shouting in your ear tends to get your attention quicker than reading the text at the bottom. Stopping to type normally got you murdered in short order in a variety of creative ways (unless you were the traitor yourself).

There was one particular player in the server I frequent named Feeble. Now, Feeble was a very angry Geordie, and an admin to boot, so rounds would frequently be punctuated with "WHUT THE FUK WAS THAT FOR, YOU BLEEDIN' human being" and various other expletives, peppered with bans. He was pretty great at being the traitor, but was a terrible Innocent, and ended up killing his own side nine times out of ten.

So after a few rounds of learning the ropes and griefing as AXE COP, I decided to screw with him. I change my steam name to "Me" and reconnect to the server. The scoreboard only displays avatars in a tiny size so no-one cottoned on that it was me. The next round starts and as luck would have it I get picked for traitor. After ordering up my traitor equipment (a playerbomb in this case, which can be attached to a dude to detonate later), I run around to try and find Feeble, who sure enough has already accidentally shot two Innocents. I walk up behind him and start to stick my playerbomb to him, but he finishes checking the bodies before I'm done and spins round, spotting me holding a big ol' beeping bomb. I finish sticking it to him and flee, dodging his pistol fire (I guess his shotgun was out of ammo).

So as I'm running from this guy, he starts screaming down the mic, and I discover he's daft enough that my namechange has worked.

:black101:: "YOU FUCKIN' human being! IT'S ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! THE TRAITOR IS ME!"

This counted as a confession, which under these server rules is deemed to be enough evidence to kill him. So they do.

Two innocents appear ahead, I duck around a corner and Feeble gets gunned down in a storm of bullets. By now, quite a large portion of the players are dead, and these are the last two non-traitors left, along with three traitors like me. The two innocents run over to check the body, to determine if he really was a traitor or not.

That's when I detonate the playerbomb, turning both players into a scorched crater on the ground, winning the rounds for the traitors, netting both the innocents I killed a ban from the seething admin and getting an award for the most explosive kills in a round. :c00lbert:

AXE COP fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Apr 29, 2010

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

AXE COP posted:

:black101:: "YOU FUCKIN' human being! IT'S ME! KILL ME! KILL ME! THE TRAITOR IS ME!"

This made me laugh like a retard :buddy:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Heavy neutrino posted:

Well of eternity guided tourism

I actually did something similar, only it wasn't to newbies, it was to main tanks of raiding guilds. Oh man were those tells lovely. 5 gold repair costs in a time where it was impossible to actually kill things as a Defense spec Warrior? Sign me up.

Other great summoning tricks included summoning people into the Dire Maul arena after looking for someone to help you with the instance real fast. Now, the Dire Maul arena is a special little place where you could actually kill people of your own faction, and it wasn't a suspect area for a high level to be in as well. Offer them a summon after saying you need X for a dire maul group? Bam, you're corpse camping your own faction member for a good two minutes if you position it right.
You could also summon people off of cliffs, there was one spot in a major raid hub (Blackrock mountain) where you could send someone to their doom in lava, naturally, we needed a whatever for an instance in the area (another high level place too) and send them to their doom.

The best way to get cross faction rage tells, ever
And this was my personal favorite way to grief anyone for an entire month. I had one character named "Twinklestar" a Dwarf Rogue, fitting name, right? Well for a few patches, you could do a specific rogue build that would allow you to pretty much kill someone from 100% to 0% without any items equipped whatsoever. But I chose an item, it was single lone piece: a white wedding dress. Imagine to your dismay, walking along on your way to a raid to get your nice wonderful items when you die to a short, manly, bearded thing wearing but a single frilly dress named Twinklestar who has severely gimped himself and still killed you. Many people often had two accounts if they were hardcore at the game, and they would specifically log onto their other account, that they are paying another 15 dollars a month for, just to tell me what a human being I am. Words cannot express the tears that erupted from my eyes when I made the guild leader of a high caliber raiding guild do this to me.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

The Orange Mage posted:

I can't remember if this was in the official UO or a private server but at some point you could throw exploding potions, and right before their timer went off pick them back up again and keep them primed in your pack indefinitely, which made for excellent pot-ganking ability.

You could take this even farther. Buy or tame a horse, kill it and drop 20 explodes in it's inventory. Prime one and put it in with 1 second left. Bring the horse back to life and order it into a big group of people at the bank. Once in place, tell the horse to drop its inventory. With enough potions the explosion could take out giant crowds of people.

Before the trick was banned you could clear out whole areas just by sending a horse in since people would run away from unattended animals.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

Industrial posted:

Potions and Traps

On one freeshard I played there was annual christmas party where GM's would spawn a christmast tree and some locked containers under it and hide their keys somewhere in the city. Night before christmas they were there, plainly visible and unattended. I had a thief with GM lockpick and GM tinkering so I would stealth to the boxes, lockpick them (Dumb GM never did check the lock difficulty) loot the ginger breads and other rewards that were there, leave a book with my best holiday wishes, trap those boxes with explosion traps and lock them up again. Neverlethess that was a christmas that everyone will remember rest of their lives. Eventually I got caught but other admins thought it was fun to see mass of people getting blow up (Santa including) and crying sweet pubbie tears for the rest of the holiday.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Nebelwerfer posted:

On one freeshard I played there was annual christmas party where GM's would spawn a christmast tree and some locked containers under it and hide their keys somewhere in the city. Night before christmas they were there, plainly visible and unattended. I had a thief with GM lockpick and GM tinkering so I would stealth to the boxes, lockpick them (Dumb GM never did check the lock difficulty) loot the ginger breads and other rewards that were there, leave a book with my best holiday wishes, trap those boxes with explosion traps and lock them up again. Neverlethess that was a christmas that everyone will remember rest of their lives. Eventually I got caught but other admins thought it was fun to see mass of people getting blow up (Santa including) and crying sweet pubbie tears for the rest of the holiday.

Holy poo poo, you literally ruined christmas. I think that deserves an award.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
My extent of griefing WoW was figuring out that if you said "T G A A C B" in gnomish, it translated to horde speak as "F A G G O T". Pretty creative.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I used to play a MUD, Achaea, a whole lot. Easily ~6 hours a day or more during my teenage years. It's very easy to grief in Achaea, as every death costs a lot of xp; and I myself got griefed a bunch. However, I did my fair share of griefing too!

Combat in Achaea is pretty complex. It revolves around a lot of afflictions that do a wide range of negative things. In order to cure them, you have to eat an herb, drink an elixir or apply a salve. These things all have a separate balance, so you can't spam eating herbs or drinking elixirs to cure everything in one go. It is possible to be so hosed up with afflictions you can't cure anything and you die.

Normally people play using zMUD or MUSHclient. These programs check the game's output for lines you told it to recognize as triggers. This lets you create a complex curing system that effectively automates combat. My griefing all took place before the curing systems got widespread.

I played on the Java-client, which was pretty bare bones. No triggers, so just fast reading and pressing key combinations to cure. I was an occultist, which is a class that gets over a dozen pets that will gently caress up your enemy. One of these pets was the soulmaster. This pet let you issue a command to your enemy. If the guy was capable of executing the command, it'd happen. In order to heal broken limbs, you needed to 'apply mending', a salve. One of the occultist pets automatically breaks limbs every ~10 seconds or so. For a time, I prefaced every attack I did with 'empty mending'. Nobody carried a lot of different vials of salves, because they were expensive, so this would result in someone immediately emptying his curatives, being unable to heal broken arms and thus be unable to attack.

At one time, a guy named Tranquility was 'top' combatant. He was one of the first with a decent curing system and played a class that killed with regular hp damage. He also had a custom pet (that cost actual RL $$) that would give you amnesia every so often. Amnesia means your next command input gets ignored. It doesn't matter what the input is, it might just be you spamming the letter 'f' or something. I forget why, but Tranquility got into a fight with me. I knew I couldn't survive his damage or gently caress him over in time, so I used my soulmaster to make him kick his own pet. In Achaea, NPCs always attack the last person to hit it. This resulted in Tranquility being killed by his own pet (he never made a trigger line identifying his own pet hitting him). He almost immediately started whining to the developers that occultists were overpowered.

At one point, a city of Evil was formed, Mhaldor. There were God-driven events going on that involved every other city fighting against Mhaldor. Cities have the option to purchase guards for defence, but the combined playerbase of 5 other cities made sure no Mhaldor guards lived very long. Yig was a rich guy who bought credits with RL $$$ and sold them for in-game gold to finance Mhaldor's guards. After a while, things calmed down and only a few individuals kept harassing Mhaldor, me being one of them. Occulists have an ability that lets them move invisibly into a city, no way to even target them for any attacks. They also have a pet that lets them channel their attacks from one room to another in the same area. Thus, I moved into a secluded area of Mhaldor, decloaked, summoned my doppleganger and went to work killing AFK people. At one point Yig took a break and came back to talk to his in-game wife or something. Being the little prick I was I immediately went in to kill him while he was completely defenseless. I later heard that was the final straw to make him quit the game for good. The game in which he spent a fuckton of cash on text guards.

Later I changed class to Priest. Priests also have an ability to command others to do something, although it requires them to be of a certain alignment. If they are not, you do not lose balance when it fails. I combined this with a 'Wand of Portals' and my city's guards. I'd open a portal to a city enemy and then execute the following command:
enter portal
perform force <person> enter portal
enter portal

This results in me going to the enemy's location and attempting to make him enter my portal, and then immediately enter it myself. If it worked, some guy got forcibly moved into a stack of ~20-30 NPCs that kill him in seconds. If it didn't work, I moved so fast they couldn't stop me. I also sent around random portals to city enemies, some of them thought they were from their friends and entered!

Raiche
Oct 29, 2007

nimby posted:

At one time, a guy named Tranquility was 'top' combatant. He was one of the first with a decent curing system and played a class that killed with regular hp damage. He also had a custom pet (that cost actual RL $$) that would give you amnesia every so often. Amnesia means your next command input gets ignored. It doesn't matter what the input is, it might just be you spamming the letter 'f' or something. I forget why, but Tranquility got into a fight with me. I knew I couldn't survive his damage or gently caress him over in time, so I used my soulmaster to make him kick his own pet. In Achaea, NPCs always attack the last person to hit it. This resulted in Tranquility being killed by his own pet (he never made a trigger line identifying his own pet hitting him). He almost immediately started whining to the developers that occultists were overpowered.

At one point, a city of Evil was formed, Mhaldor. There were God-driven events going on that involved every other city fighting against Mhaldor. Cities have the option to purchase guards for defence, but the combined playerbase of 5 other cities made sure no Mhaldor guards lived very long. Yig was a rich guy who bought credits with RL $$$ and sold them for in-game gold to finance Mhaldor's guards. After a while, things calmed down and only a few individuals kept harassing Mhaldor, me being one of them. Occulists have an ability that lets them move invisibly into a city, no way to even target them for any attacks. They also have a pet that lets them channel their attacks from one room to another in the same area. Thus, I moved into a secluded area of Mhaldor, decloaked, summoned my doppleganger and went to work killing AFK people. At one point Yig took a break and came back to talk to his in-game wife or something. Being the little prick I was I immediately went in to kill him while he was completely defenseless. I later heard that was the final straw to make him quit the game for good. The game in which he spent a fuckton of cash on text guards.

I remember these two things. Even though I liked Yig, I love you.

Tranq was the only person to get kicked out of the Order of Darkness for being a whiny bitch. For all his combat reputation, he was unsurpassed in complaining.

I made a great deal of my money in the game off of Yig and Mhaldor's money. They had a complicated totem system, totems being a sort of automated defense; when you saw them you got hit for damage and such. They required constant attention because the first thing an attacking group did was do their best to disable your totems. Early on in totem creation I was one of three to four people in the game capable of damaging or building them. I charged a game-yearly fee for doing so, which Mhaldor never paid, because they were eeeevil and did not need my services. Add to this one of my good in-game buddies, Bulvai, who was one of the big, violent griefers.

Every other year, when they didn't pay, I broke their defenses and told Bulvai. I then told Mhaldor they could back pay me for the last five or six years they forgot to pay, and I would be happy to fix their defenses for them. Repeat every two years.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Haha, what character did you play? It's been so long that I can't remember who did what back then.

poop
Jun 20, 2009

USER FOREVER BANNED FOR DOUBTING THE FOREVER BAN
I was playing some second life with a friend a little while back and I made a video about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT6UVqBPDdw

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On certain maps in Trouble in Terrorist Town, there are elevators. If you block these with a body, it will glitch through the elevator, sticking it and killing anyone who touches the body. I've gotten piles of dead people from doing this.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

AXE COP posted:

Someone mentioned Trouble in Terrorist Town earlier in this thread. After checking it out I've discovered it is, indeed, prime griefing ground.

Is this game as awesome as it sounds? Or is it hard to actually find good servers to play on? Worth $10?

Aerobic Robot
Dec 11, 2007

ASK ME HOW I HAVE CRYING MELTDOWNS ABOUT BEING A GAY FURRY. PS, I'M 16 YEARS OLD

Dr_Amazing posted:

Is this game as awesome as it sounds? Or is it hard to actually find good servers to play on? Worth $10?

TTT is by far the best griefing experience I've ever had. Have some vids yo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Xs_-g-Dis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa1gyt4lrpI

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Aerobic Robot posted:

...I must play this game.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.
So the new mount in WoW has inspired my friends to say at various times in trade chat, "If it's invincible how come I can still see it?!", which causes no end to :goonsay: and :mad:

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Soth posted:

So the new mount in WoW has inspired my friends to say at various times in trade chat, "If it's invincible how come I can still see it?!", which causes no end to :goonsay: and :mad:

This reminds me of something I occasionally do in LotRO. At one spot in the Shire there are a few large windmills. Often there are also people roleplaying in the same area. Getting into the roleplaying spirit myself I casually mention how much I am enjoying the breeze from the windmills. Cue endless spergy spouts of "WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!" :argh:

Another fun thing is how I often get invited to pubbie groups without anyone asking me first. No hello, no "hey, interested in running this instance with us?", nothing. So, I accept the group invitation and since they said nothing to me I say nothing to them. Nor do I help kill anything. Or heal them. I'm just a useless silent party member who aggros mobs before the group is ready. It is amazing how much people will start screaming at someone who says nothing back.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQg8JKo_3ZQ

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Aerobic Robot posted:

If that's you, or if you even still play TTT add me on Steam (aynrandwich), I got some people from Goon4Dead to play with me the other day. There's still quite a few servers for terrortown, lots of them are empty but there's a couple that usually have a few people on them 24 hours a day. Unfortunately since I'm VAC banned from Modern Warfare 2 I've autobanned from the ECGamers TTT servers, I usually end up on whatever server has people on it, but I've been trying to play mostly on the SteamGamers.com BITCH TRAITOR server just to try to play with the same people as often as possible. The game only gets better and better as you pay attention and play with same group of people.

A mic isn't absolutely necessary, but if you still don't own one or refuse to use one this game should convince you.

Also keep in mind you need CS:S as well as GMod to play.

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help

Blarticus posted:

If that's you, or if you even still play TTT add me on Steam (aynrandwich), I got some people from Goon4Dead to play with me the other day. There's still quite a few servers for terrortown, lots of them are empty but there's a couple that usually have a few people on them 24 hours a day. Unfortunately since I'm VAC banned from Modern Warfare 2 I've autobanned from the ECGamers TTT servers, I usually end up on whatever server has people on it, but I've been trying to play mostly on the SteamGamers.com BITCH TRAITOR server just to try to play with the same people as often as possible. The game only gets better and better as you pay attention and play with same group of people.

A mic isn't absolutely necessary, but if you still don't own one or refuse to use one this game should convince you.

This should be fun. Added you, I'm Greed.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Blarticus posted:

Also added you. TTT owns when you have some confederates to help you grief.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Blarticus posted:

Looks like we gon' have some Goons In Terrorist Town; I've added you as well and am down for this any time. (http://steamcommunity.com/id/hardclumping/)

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I got Gmod so I could start playing. So far it's pretty sweet. You're practically griefing just by playing properly.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I was debating picking up GMOD. Now I might.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
In a server with enough people on an open map, you can pretty much grief just by moving your mouse somewhere random and clicking and dragging.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
We gotta throw together a Goons in Terrorist Town group so we can play together; I added Greed and hard clumping for now though :)

DJ Ramshackle
Nov 26, 2009

Not really a DJ

not quite a ramshackle
Got no mike but might join in with you sometime. Are you guys gonna stick to one server so you'll always get a decent amount of people?

Edit: Spoke too soon. Adding you now.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/goonsinterroristtown Done. Add me and I'll start inviting you. (http://steamcommunity.com/id/hardclumping/)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

gently caress it, bought it. I spend 10 bucks on more worthless poo poo.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Soulex13 add me to group.

I got a server currently up and chilling. Noone plays in it, who knows. If I like this thing, I might switch over and dedicate one here.

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.
You guys are seriously making my dreams come true, I'm busy all day today but I'll be on tonight (EST)

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help

Soulex posted:

gently caress it, bought it. I spend 10 bucks on more worthless poo poo.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Soulex13 add me to group.

I got a server currently up and chilling. Noone plays in it, who knows. If I like this thing, I might switch over and dedicate one here.

Garry's Mod is awesome, TTT is nowhere near close the best experience on it

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
There's a new mod for Doom called Master of Puppets. It splits the players into two teams - Marines, and Puppetmasters.

The Marines have to kill a set amount of monsters and then either kill the rest or exit the map to win the round. The Puppetmasters can clip through walls and control any monster they find. Their goal is to keep killing Marines until they run out of reinforcements.

What this means is that you can play as a Puppetmaster and position as many monsters at teleporter exits as you please, so an unsuspecting Marine will run through a teleporter they assume is safe, only to be torn to shreds immediately. Alternatively, you can observe another Puppetmaster doing this, and then immediately move all the monsters away and undo their hard work.

Or you can position the level's only Cyberdemon on a teleporter destination and then telefrag it. The other Puppetmasters will HATE you for this.

Or you can find a switch that controls a rising platform, trigger it as a monster, and render certain maps unbeatable.

It's a lot of fun.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
http://steamcommunity.com/id/dr_amazing/

That's me. I'm going to play some TTT right now.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
Feel free to add me.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004702614

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!
Just shot you a friend request, add me to the group.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968756129

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I've never met a more paranoid group of people in my life. It's fun to just randomly kill people.

I blocked a few people in a room and refused to let them out until they killed each other.

• Locked thread