Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

trashcanman posted:

Lineage 2

I thought this was an amazing game but the level grind, Chinese farmers, lack of updates, and certain mechanics caused most people to quit pretty soon after launch. Not me. I got the full experience and it was god damned amazing.

I've never played the game but I must commend you, you clever bastard! Getting into people's minds is the best kind of grief!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terminals
Jan 15, 2008

Jzmisgoo posted:

I need to re-get in on this poo poo, I've been working and haven't had time to unload some shells into some poor sod who was unlucky enough to be in the same room as me.

Man Jzm didn't even tell anyone about the one time he was a detective and a bunch of us were on this map where there were some houses and a playground and poo poo. Most of us were chilling on the playground, throwing benches at each other as hard as possible and then a bomb went off. Two dudes who had not been at the playground showed up and detective Jzm was on the case.

"Ok one of you is likely to be the traitor so both of you drop your weapons"
"Ok now face the wall"

BLAM! BLAM! he pops them both in the back of the head.

One of the dudes was a traitor and no one minded about the other guy because Detective Jzm got results. The other guy wouldn't stop whining about it though.

electricsugar
Jan 21, 2008

Tum again?
Im down for some TTT fun, please throw me an invite: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961319962

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
E: steam ID fail. Messaged Hardclumping.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS
I'd also like to suggest that we start using the group's chatroom, so people in the group can get in on games without having to ask around for invites every time. From there, we can splinter off if the group gets too huge.

Anyway, the past couple days have netted some pretty hilarious detective rounds. There's always someone on my poo poo list, and they never last long. I don't kill them myself, I constantly point out little shifty things (true or no) they're doing until someone does the deed for me. This is even more hilarious when I'm innocent, doubly so when I'm traitor. These people have no reason to believe me but sometimes I can get three or four people killed just by talking poo poo.

One thing I need to try is buying a jihad bomb and just throwing it out in the middle of some people. Someone's bound to use it.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
"Hey detective? I found a knife on that guy. How do I give it to you. Right click? OH GOD oh god oh oh I'm so sorry."

I love calling someone out over mic. Especially when I'm no where near them. Especailly when they killed mid speech on the other side of the map, no where near me. The few second pause before someone IDs their innocent body makes me smile every time.

"That fucker had a knife! I saw him throw it"
"NO I DIDN'T"
"Yea you did. Why were checking all the corpses for credits huh?"
"I wasn't che---"

*A few seconds go by*

Awesome pubbie identified whining pubbie. He was INNOCENT.

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 14:40 on May 3, 2010

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Hard Clumping posted:

One thing I need to try is buying a jihad bomb and just throwing it out in the middle of some people. Someone's bound to use it.

That round when you were detective and I gave you a jihad bomb owned faces

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
I tried my hand at a few rounds of TTT. Chucking smoke and incendiary grenades into a group without getting caught is absolutely hilarious.

Requesting membership with GITT: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197963360101

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Awww man, I can't join since Garrys Mod keeps saying my Steam account has been logged in somewhere else.

MythicAlphabet
Mar 19, 2009

How should I know?
It's all Greek to me.

PrinnySquadron posted:

Awww man, I can't join since Garrys Mod keeps saying my Steam account has been logged in somewhere else.

Same happened here, just delete ClientRegistry.blob in your Steam folder.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Last night's round was great. I think I pushed 6 people off the elevator and killed 3 more with falling desks/file cabinets.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
Re-downloaded CS:S, I'd like in on this: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nuggan

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
This game is absolutely hilarious. I played it for a bit to get the hang of it, and was accused of "Rdm"ing almost immediately, after I shot someone who was aiming at the detective's head. He turned out to be a terrorist, but still kept shouting that I hadn't legitimately killed him, wasn't allowed to shoot him until he acted suspicious and so I was about to be banned.

So of course, I found him every spawn and killed him.
This made him so angry he started killing me back; after the new round (and karma reset! Hah!) he was down to 10 or so karma, meaning he could barely kill anyone at all.

Playing with other goons on steam is even better; every time you shoot terrorist immediately (after being told exactly who the terrorists are) you get accused of hacking and "Rdm"ing. After repeatedly being accused of hacking, I just started saying "they looked suspicious to me" after every correct kill.

quote:

*DEAD* SupremeCourt: you all look suspicious to me
*DEAD* -a2w- S17: your mom looks suspicious

The final round, me and one other goon were detective/traitor; I pretended not to notice him killing everyone/ took his advice and killed blatant innocents and then, when we were the last two left, he set the bomb and blew us both up, with us both panicking "there must be a traitor left! ARG! How do you disarm this? HELP?"

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
What is "Rdm"ing suppose to stand for?

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Stuntman posted:

TTT: The only game where you can be whined at for playing correctly.

I remember one time I was playing TTT with a friend. My friend was a traitor and he decided to take out an admin. I don't know how he killed him but the admin banned him for "RDMing". The admin even knew he was a traitor but apparently you can't RDM, even as a traitor.

RDM = Random DeathMatch

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 3, 2010

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

Nuggan posted:

What is "Rdm"ing suppose to stand for?

I'm guessing it stands for "random death matching" or something, basically trying to discourage people from playing the game like normal CS. But as you can tell it basically means "how dare u kill me u fukkin fagget."

It's been a while since I dicked around with a source game, how exactly do I go about looking for TTT servers?

Fizzle
Dec 14, 2006
ZOMG, Where'd my old account go?!?
The TTT stuff is great, and be sure to post your great griefs here. But this stuff about getting it working, and forming groups should probably be split off to another thread.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Thompsons posted:

It's been a while since I dicked around with a source game, how exactly do I go about looking for TTT servers?

Just open up GMod and sort by the game tab and look for terrortown.

Had some dude rage because I killed him as the traitor. The whole room started shooting at each other, and as I'm IDing bodies, I hear a shotgun blast and this guy walking in the room. I damage him and he throws a poo poo fit. I do end up killing him (he was the traitor) and holy poo poo the rage, the rage was great. Next round he shot me dead and left.

Doing anything in this game will get you killed and will piss people off. It's like a FPS Space Station 13, except with more :spergin:

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 3, 2010

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help

Ziploc posted:

"Hey detective? I found a knife on that guy. How do I give it to you. Right click? OH GOD oh god oh oh I'm so sorry."

I was holding a HUGE-249 when I was detective and this annoying dick was asking for health. I was all like "How do I give you health? Just click?"

bam bam bam

DJ Ramshackle
Nov 26, 2009

Not really a DJ

not quite a ramshackle

The Supreme Court posted:

This game is absolutely hilarious. I played it for a bit to get the hang of it, and was accused of "Rdm"ing almost immediately, after I shot someone who was aiming at the detective's head. He turned out to be a terrorist, but still kept shouting that I hadn't legitimately killed him, wasn't allowed to shoot him until he acted suspicious and so I was about to be banned.

So of course, I found him every spawn and killed him.
This made him so angry he started killing me back; after the new round (and karma reset! Hah!) he was down to 10 or so karma, meaning he could barely kill anyone at all.

Playing with other goons on steam is even better; every time you shoot terrorist immediately (after being told exactly who the terrorists are) you get accused of hacking and "Rdm"ing. After repeatedly being accused of hacking, I just started saying "they looked suspicious to me" after every correct kill.

The final round, me and one other goon were detective/traitor; I pretended not to notice him killing everyone/ took his advice and killed blatant innocents and then, when we were the last two left, he set the bomb and blew us both up, with us both panicking "there must be a traitor left! ARG! How do you disarm this? HELP?"
Good times, Supreme, good times. :)

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Trouble In Terrorist Town: SpaceStation13 for retards who don't like spaceships

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Ziploc posted:

If someone made a Space Station 13-themed map for this game.. :dance:

I was on a really slow TTT round the other night (i think a lot of people were downloading a new map that only a few of us already had), and I was the only traitor with four other people. I shotgunned three of them and hid the bodies.

One of the coolest things about TTT in my opinion is the forensic identification system. If someone dies, when you look at them all you see is "unidentified body." There are no "goon <shotgunned> 12 year old kid" messages, and until a person's body is identified, they still show up on the scoreboard to innocents as being alive.

So, it was me and the other guy talking for a while, trying to find people. He didn't seem to pick up on the fact that no one else was talking, and also that I was trying really hard to sound friendly. At this point, most people had loaded the map and were spectating. I told him to run into a room I knew was really small with only one way out to check for survivors. He ran in saying "You're gonna kill me in here, aren't you?" When I didn't, he came back out and said "Oh wow, I thought you were the traitor. Well there's no one in---" knife to the face

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Ziploc posted:

TTT is way easier to comprehend than SS13, at least for me, is it really that similar?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Blarticus posted:

TTT is way easier to comprehend than SS13, at least for me, is it really that similar?

In SS13 you have a crew interested in staying alive, and a few traitors making bombs and poo poo to escape/kill everyone. Not all game modes in SS13 are that way though.

Hard Clumping posted:

When I didn't, he came back out and said "Oh wow, I thought you were the traitor. Well there's no one in---" knife to the face

I can't tell you how much mid speech kills make me smile.

"OH poo poo GUYS I FOUND THE TRAITOR IT'S HARD CL-"

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 3, 2010

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

MythicAlphabet posted:

Same happened here, just delete ClientRegistry.blob in your Steam folder.

Nothing :sigh:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ziploc posted:

In SS13 you have a crew interested in staying alive, and a few traitors making bombs and poo poo to escape/kill everyone. Not all game modes in SS13 are that way though.

Also, on some of the servers at least, the detective can tell the last words of someone who died. The server I play on has fairly strict no RDMing rules, which make it more fun. Keeping both of these things in mind, typing in 'OH GOD OH GOD ITS URDEN KILL URDEN KILL HIM' usually means that they are going to get killed simply based on this.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I was playing around with the idea of not mentioning it due to potential embarrassment, but I was in that 'Artic Wolf' game. I was Lady Naga and then later on Solid Steak.
I want to get in this TTT game
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ladynaga

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Ballrawg posted:

I was playing around with the idea of not mentioning it due to potential embarrassment, but I was in that 'Artic Wolf' game. I was Lady Naga and then later on Solid Steak.
I want to get in this TTT game
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ladynaga

Your name brings hsame to this anti-furry community my good sir

Stick with Solid Steak.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Phuzzy posted:

Your name brings hsame to this anti-furry community my good sir

Stick with Solid Steak.

yessir
http://steamcommunity.com/id/solid_steak/

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

If being a member of Something Awful isn't enough to satisfy your griefing desires, apparently GoronCity is recruiting. Whatever the gently caress that entails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wZT3a7dvb8

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

fennesz posted:

If being a member of Something Awful isn't enough to satisfy your griefing desires, apparently GoronCity is recruiting. Whatever the gently caress that entails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wZT3a7dvb8

oh god I'd love this but I'm not creative without a group of people and I'm poo poo at organizing people :ohdear:

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Ziploc posted:

Yeah basically Space Station 13 is TTT with jobs, the possibility of escape, and poop*. SS13 traitor rounds tend to go exactly the same way as TTT rounds do, namely devolving into a clusterfuck of murder.

Oh and ziplock, not one person has managed to spit out even part of my name after I've decided to take them out. The most you ever hear is a little yelp. :smugbert:

*sometimes there's poop

Hard Clumping fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 3, 2010

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

Eonwe posted:

This was on a "LUElinks Militant Atheist Experience" right? I remember playing with you, that was hilarious.

Also, Industrial, your stories seem sort of reminiscent of Belan the Looter. Is that you? Because if so, you've inspired me to be a dick in games unlike anyone else.

Nope, I'm not Belan. Her pseudo-roleplay griefing was pretty funny but I found that just being as much of a dick to people as possible got the most hilarious reactions.

Industrial fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 3, 2010

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Looking for a TTT group invite. http://steamcommunity.com/id/paintballer98

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.
Won't be able to play until they finally release steam for mac, but I'd like an invite as well.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/lallander

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
I hope you TTT players are vid capping all of these antics with a view to making some clips of the better stuff...

Ogianres
Oct 21, 2008

Here4DaGangBang posted:

I hope you TTT players are vid capping all of these antics with a view to making some clips of the better stuff...

Sadly of the three sessions I have been involved in only the third (and in my opinion least clever or entertaining to watch) was recorded to my knowledge. The best of the best may not be shown at all, but gold can be mined wherever Delamore goes; he has quite a knack for lying to twelve-year-olds.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
I just whipped up a thread for TTT stuff. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3299908

I'll make the OP more interesting over the evening, but any non-story stuff should be done over there.

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help

Eonwe posted:

Also, on some of the servers at least, the detective can tell the last words of someone who died. The server I play on has fairly strict no RDMing rules, which make it more fun. Keeping both of these things in mind, typing in 'OH GOD OH GOD ITS URDEN KILL URDEN KILL HIM' usually means that they are going to get killed simply based on this.

Anyone can read what the person had typed right before they died, I think, or maybe it's just the detective. It only works if the person was in the chat box though, before they submit. Like, "You can somehow tell this person's last words were 'SNIPER ON THE OPPOSITE BUIL-'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Eonwe posted:

Also, on some of the servers at least, the detective can tell the last words of someone who died.
How exactly does this work?
Does it somehow imprint what they had typed (but not sent) yet? Or is it just the last thing they actually sent successfully? Because if it's the latter, then it would already have been said and a detective wouldn't need to read it.

• Locked thread