Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Vib Rib posted:

How exactly does this work?
Does it somehow imprint what they had typed (but not sent) yet? Or is it just the last thing they actually sent successfully? Because if it's the latter, then it would already have been said and a detective wouldn't need to read it.

Well, then, it seems you've answered your own question, there.

I imagine that, on death, the client dumps the contents of your text box to the server, so long as there's anything in it. The data is marked so that the server knows to keep it in the "last words" storage space, which is only accessed by examination.

It couldn't be terribly hard to set up, as long as the client was already compatible with commands of that type. Sure, it'd be possible to locally modify your client to prevent it, but why would you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Industrial posted:

Nope, I'm not Belan. Her pseudo-roleplay griefing was pretty funny but I found that just being as much of a dick to people as possible got the most hilarious reactions.

You know, being asked if you are Belan is probably the highest compliment a man or a woman could receive.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Vib Rib posted:

How exactly does this work?
Does it somehow imprint what they had typed (but not sent) yet? Or is it just the last thing they actually sent successfully? Because if it's the latter, then it would already have been said and a detective wouldn't need to read it.

It's the thing they were typing.

Earlier we had made an admin (and most of the pubbies) think that Delamore was the server owner and Elite Assassin Krillin was an admin.

Good fun.

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe
TTT is hilarious.

Always use ventrilo or something so if one of your buddies is a traitor or vice versa you can coordinate.

A lot of maps have annoying gimmicks. One of them was that you could turn off every loving light in the entire map in this case. After a couple rounds of playing in the dark, people started to get annoyed... especially at the fact that anyone who dared try turn the lights on was more than likely mowed down in a hail of gunfire from three of us.

Around this time, dumb kid who pays for admin decided to start getting vocal, so he spent the next 20 minutes dead. Hunted at the start, killed instantly. Too bad he was apparently too retarded to know how to make bans work. At one point I mentioned that it sounded like he had aspergers. That poo poo loving hit like a truck.

:downs:: I DON'T HAVE loving ASPERGERS I'M A HIGHLY FUNCTIONING AUTISTIC RGHHEEEEEEEE
Screeching into the mic. I have never quite heard anything like it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

slovach posted:

:downs:: I DON'T HAVE loving ASPERGERS I'M A HIGHLY FUNCTIONING AUTISTIC RGHHEEEEEEEE

This to me is one of the best posts in this topic. Anyone can throw out aspergers as an attack, but when you can really pick people out who are incredibly social awkward based on their voice then you've got a winner.

Not only did you ruin his gaming experience, but you probably ruined the rest of his day.

Bravo.

MMF DOOM
Sep 3, 2007

i  am
the  god  of
hellfire

I guess I need a TTT group invite.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/empireants

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

slovach posted:

Why do I always miss the best parts? :(

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
I just have to tell you guys how much I appreciate your antics. This thread is what motivated me to attain goon-hood.

My griefing antics are few and far between, I scarcely have the patience for big elaborate stuff, but hot drat is Space Station 13 good for this. I can recall a round just last night where the absolute worst idiot pubbie was playing a syndicate operative (tasked with obtaining a nuclear authentication code on a disk, then detonating his nuclear device, for those not in the know), and he couldn't even figure out how to get inside the station airlocks. I must have spent a half an hour on the radio with him just taking the piss out of him. And I never broke character. :colbert:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I havent read the whole thread so I apologize if this has been posted, but the most satisfying thing to do on MW2 to an obnoxious racist or 12 year old with a GT that breaks the TOS or whatever (pretty easy to find) and report them. Then, calmly inform that you have done so.

Its even funnier when you do it to like 3 people in a lobbly and let them all know at once.

Almost as fun as blocking spawn exits in Rainbow Six 3.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
The best TTT griefing is just playing well. I had a game with a chatter box that was talking non-stop the whole time. New round starts and the first two traitors are quickly killed. So we hit that boring phase where 10 people are standing in one room waiting for the traitor to do something. I suddenly realize this guy hasn't said 2 words the entire round and shoot him. Innocents win and he starts raging on me for "rdm'ing" him. I calmly explain that while he wasn't doing anything suspicious he was acting very different and I was correct to assume his guilt. The server agrees with me and he threatens to get his admin friends to ban be before quitting.

It's actually not that hard to notice a difference in how people talk and act when they're the traitor. It's not always obvious enough to kill them but it gives you an idea who to keep an eye on. Of course I did also wrongfully kill a guy who wasn't talking because he was eating a sandwitch while playing.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

Node posted:

You know, being asked if you are Belan is probably the highest compliment a man or a woman could receive.

Yeah, I did feel pretty good about that comparison.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

slovach posted:

Recently in Minecraft I've been deleting a massive chunk of land below peoples stuff when they are inside / not paying attention. I keep the entirety of their stuff intact, they just came back to a giant crater.

One guy was building some shack ontop of a hill for a while. The trick is to start from the inside and work your way out so they can't tell you're eating away at the foundation. He said he was going to eat dinner or something so I sprung into action. A short time later his house was floating a good 50 feet in the air with the hill it was on missing.

Also hollowing out massive chunks of the underground so if anyone dares to dig 1 space down they'll just fall into a big rear end hole.

A while ago in Minecraft the font on the player list showed l and I as the same character, so I made a character BIockdude and wreaked havoc on servers. Some people were able to figure it out, but most werent. I eventually had the games creator in a room with me trying to figure out why i coudlnt be banned, and just let him know what was up.

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
Everyone died a certain round of TTT (I was detective) and only I and Rico Suave were left. We then decided that all the traitors must be dead and we should find all the bodies to end the round. This culminated in us talking like the most innocent people ever for five minutes and playing beacon football while he used obvious traitor items.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Industrial posted:

Yeah, I did feel pretty good about that comparison.

So which famous looter are you? Crazy Joe?? You finally came back!!

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Greedish posted:

Everyone died a certain round of TTT (I was detective) and only I and Rico Suave were left. We then decided that all the traitors must be dead and we should find all the bodies to end the round. This culminated in us talking like the most innocent people ever for five minutes and playing beacon football while he used obvious traitor items.

For the end of the round on that map with house with all the windows and the fountain, I was burning bodies, handing out C4 and teleporting all over the place.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Dr_Amazing posted:

The best TTT griefing is just playing well.

This is probably the most important thing about TTT. People get so mad about the game just being played properly, and will use the most convoluted self-serving logic to convince themselves that everyone else a lovely player.

It's like DOTA! :v: (let's not start talking about DOTA please)

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
I had the most fun years ago trolling Medal of Honor Allied Assault servers with a wallhack and a rocket launcher. It's all you really needed to get the best reactions.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
TTT is amazing to grief in. Not counting playing president and all the other goon antics in the game I think one of the funnest things I did so far was as a traitor I grabbed a sniper rifle. I got onto the roof of a building from which I could see across the map. I waited till I saw two people next to each other and shot the one who's back was to the other one. It didn't do enough damage to kill him, but he started flipping out yelling that the person behind him was trying to kill him, one of the two would kill the other, and then all the other innocents/detective would kill the survivor. I did this 5 times in a row before anyone caught on.

Zenodice
Mar 16, 2005
Oderint Dum Metuant
Quake Live n00b stomping

I've been griefing quake live lately pretty hard, in a surprisingly simple and lame way.

I made a new account and during that process there is a section where you choose how skilled you are (can you double jump / rocket jump etc).

I chose beginner and then played a match against a bot which is what the game uses to gauge your skill level and match you up with players.

I let the bot beat me 15 to - 3, suffice to say that gave me a horrible rating and as such paired me up with equally skilled players.

I hopped on this morning and won 12 games straight by huge margins (often doubling the score of the person in 2nd place).

This is made all the easier since I use a custom config that was passed around on the quakelive thread here that makes the game textures super ugly and forces all enemy models to use Keel's neon green model.

Use that on horribly blurry background and it's almost like those old CS hacks where the environment is blurry and the players stand out a lot.

Suffice to say, it makes it REALLY easy to destroy people and they always rage out when you go 50 - 13 against them.

I've had threats of bans a dozen times this morning since I "hacked my rating" so I could beat on the poor n00bs.

I guess playing quake for well over a decade is a pretty unfair advantage lol.

I'm also don't think I'm exceptionally skilled, i've just got a lot of experience and find twitch FPS to be easy when it boils down to map control, accuracy and erratic movement.

http://www.quakelive.com/#profile/summary/Xenodice

Zenodice fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 4, 2010

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zenodice posted:

Quake Live n00b stomping
Created an account on Quake Live that does not accurately reflect skill, used software alterations to give an advantaged, laughed as I won

Wow, that's kind of a dick thing. I mean yes, the whining and calling for your ban is a little out there, but pretty much you just admitted that your idea of a good time is sneaking onto a playground and kicking sand in the face of children. Not to mention using additional software help to provide an advantage the majority of these players neither know about nor likely think is allowed.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Nuggan posted:

TTT is amazing to grief in. Not counting playing president and all the other goon antics in the game I think one of the funnest things I did so far was as a traitor I grabbed a sniper rifle. I got onto the roof of a building from which I could see across the map. I waited till I saw two people next to each other and shot the one who's back was to the other one. It didn't do enough damage to kill him, but he started flipping out yelling that the person behind him was trying to kill him, one of the two would kill the other, and then all the other innocents/detective would kill the survivor. I did this 5 times in a row before anyone caught on.
That sounds like playing the game the way it's intended, really.

Visti
Apr 26, 2010
These stories make me want to purchase CS:S, which I will never ever touch again..

THE_Chris
Sep 18, 2008
Left 4 Dead

I'm sure this one has been done before but I love griefing this game on expert, its just too much fun.

In No Mercy #3 (the one with the exploding petrol station), run ahead of your team then deliberately get incapped right next to one of the petrol pumps. Shoot all the zombies who are hitting you so your team dont shoot the pumps.

Wait until your team gather round to rescue you, then while they're helping you up shoot the pump :D

Big boom, entire team dead.

Also if theres a tank around alert the horde too.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Strudel Man posted:

That sounds like playing the game the way it's intended, really.

Well...

Dr_Amazing posted:

The best TTT griefing is just playing well.

MythicAlphabet
Mar 19, 2009

How should I know?
It's all Greek to me.

Greedish posted:

I would have loved to be in spectator chat during this. :haw:

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Greedish posted:

The round after that it was just goons alive and Rico Suave was dicking around with a teleporter that he got off a traitor buddy.

I had pulled out my sniper rifle and calmly aimed at him. He began to teleport.

"Hey guys check this out I'm magi--BLAM". It was right at the end of his teleport and he was in the bushes so everyone thought he teleported.

Traitors win :smug:

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

MageMage posted:

So which famous looter are you? Crazy Joe?? You finally came back!!

I'm no one famous. I was fairly well known on my shard (Great Lakes) that's it. I preferred to spend my spare time griefing more people as opposed to posting previous successful griefs on a website.

Zenodice
Mar 16, 2005
Oderint Dum Metuant

Barudak posted:

Wow, that's kind of a dick thing. I mean yes, the whining and calling for your ban is a little out there, but pretty much you just admitted that your idea of a good time is sneaking onto a playground and kicking sand in the face of children. Not to mention using additional software help to provide an advantage the majority of these players neither know about nor likely think is allowed.

I'm not using "additional software", I'm using config settings specifically designed to make enemies easier to see, it's common knowledge amongst "competitive" players and completely legal in "competitive quake". That being said, it's an "edge" at best and very common knowledge since Quake3 came out YEARS ago.

So no, I'm not cheating or using "hax", I'm just playing against people who are terrible and using "competitive" configs to make it that much easier to kick the poo poo out of them.

I don't feel bad in the least about playing against people well under my skill level, in fact some of them are cool and i've even run into a few guys who are doing the same thing (and beaten them severely).

I will gladly continue to stomp the n00bs who think "lightning gun is for fags" and I must be using aimbots :smug:

Zenodice fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 5, 2010

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

That just barely edges out using aimbots/wallhacks as far as creative and entertaining griefing goes.

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help

Zenodice posted:

I'm not using "additional software", I'm using config settings specifically designed to make enemies easier to see, it's common knowledge amongst "competitive" players and completely legal in "competitive quake". That being said, it's an "edge" at best and very common knowledge since Quake3 came out YEARS ago.

So no, I'm not cheating or using "hax", I'm just playing against people who are terrible and using "competitive" configs to make it that much easier to kick the poo poo out of them.

I don't feel bad in the least about playing against people well under my skill level, in fact some of them are cool and i've even run into a few guys who are doing the same thing (and beaten them severely).

I will gladly continue to stomp the n00bs who think "lightning gun is for fags" and I must be using aimbots :smug:

That's not entertaining, funny, creative, or makes for a good story, it just makes you look like a smug rear end in a top hat. It's on par with using aimbots and wallhacks and when people get mad "HEY LOOK AT ME GUYS I TOTALLY GRIEFED THEM FAGS HAHA"

Kelson
Jan 23, 2005

So what happens if we replace "custom config" with "wall hacks", "texture hacks", or "esp"? You're playing against intentionally chosen bad players with an unfair advantage (outside your years munching cheetos). Your rationalization falls a bit short...

Zenodice posted:

I'm not using <x>, I'm using <y> specifically designed to <give me a custom advantage>

Its your game though, whether changing textures is legal or not is irrelevant. Enjoy the pub stomping. Maybe next time your stories can progress beyond "I [smugly] kicked a kindergardener" to something vaguely interesting though.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Hilights so far for the night in TTT includes a massban from a furry server, though they missed me. I decided to read some furry's gay sex rewrite of the bible, and managed to get through most of it before getting banned for shooting an admin in the head at the beginning of the round when we were both traitors.

I then went over to one of my regular servers and got someone kicked for killing me after I was rude to them in chat. Thankfully they didn't know I've been trolling them every time they're on the server. I complimented the admin on a job well done and got told to come back and play more often. :angel:

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Zenodice posted:

This kind of stuff falls into that "it's only funny/amusing to you" category. It's not really funny, clever, or entertaining to us to read about what basically amounts to "I beat players who suck at this game"

That said, more TTT stuff please!

Captain Failcon
Jul 19, 2008

dill with it
Just gonna plug this video I made from TTT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc58GDtdnpk

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

Captain Failcon posted:

:golfclap: Glad to see we have some video footage getting out. Can I ask what you used to record it?

And I find "You're a retard." describes just about everyone playing TTT. It's just so ripe for griefing.

Captain Failcon
Jul 19, 2008

dill with it

That Which Squeaks posted:

:golfclap: Glad to see we have some video footage getting out. Can I ask what you used to record it?

And I find "You're a retard." describes just about everyone playing TTT. It's just so ripe for griefing.

I just record using the in-game recorder. Then I record bits and pieces that are gold with FRAPS. Oh, and then I just use Sony Vegas to stitch everything together.

So far, it works really well

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Captain Failcon posted:

sup trent :smug:

Playing TTT with goons is always fun. Last night we were playing with a server where there were admins who were getting more and more angry as time went on. Learning that *|PEZ|* [Jokerice] (one of the admins) was the traitor via group chat, I set out to kill him. We eventually met and I killed him swiftly. Searching his body I discovered that he had killed some of the goons that were playing when all of a sudden I was banned. I joined a group he was in and messaged him, pretending to be totally innocent and saying that I say him kill someone (which I totes didn't!!)

9:04 PM - CloudGoku666:

9:03 PM - CloudGoku666: and you ban me for killing you
9:03 PM - *|PEZ|* [Jokerice] Feeble: Well why did you not tell so
9:03 PM - *|PEZ|* [Jokerice] Feeble: I mean
9:03 PM - *|PEZ|* [Jokerice] Feeble: You do not hide stuff
9:03 PM - *|PEZ|* [Jokerice] Feeble: You will say
9:03 PM - *|PEZ|* [Jokerice] Feeble: I saw "Name here" killing this guy
9:03 PM - CloudGoku666: i said it but no one listened
9:03 PM - *|PEZ|* [Jokerice] Feeble: Ok.
9:04 PM - *|PEZ|* [Jokerice] Feeble: My bad
9:04 PM - *|PEZ|* [Jokerice] Feeble: Unbanning you
9:04 PM - CloudGoku666: thanks, man

9:04 PM - CloudGoku666: hahahahaha
9:04 PM - CloudGoku666: ahahahahahaha

9:04 PM - *|PEZ|* [Jokerice] Feeble: Unbanned

9:04 PM - the nameless one: hahahh
9:04 PM - CloudGoku666: aauauhuguhahahahah
9:04 PM - the nameless one: hsahahahahahahah
9:04 PM - ლ✰⚈‿‿⚈✰ლ: nice

9:04 PM - *|PEZ|* [Jokerice] Feeble: Good night mate.
9:04 PM - *|PEZ|* [Jokerice] Feeble: Play cool

9:04 PM - the nameless one: good job
9:05 PM - CloudGoku666: dude this so has to go in the thread

Italicized are what I sent to Feeble.

Mom with a blog fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 5, 2010

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Mash posted:

Also, I had RDMed this random dude that turned out to be the traitor and killed a bro. This ensued.

You're going to have to explain this one to me.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Mystic Mongol posted:

You're going to have to explain this one to me.

Yeah, I can't make heads nor tails of that chat log.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillyRubin
Dec 16, 2005
"Oh, and Senator, just one more thing."
Correct me if I'm wrong: Mash killed the traitor for killing his buddy, but didn't know he was a traitor. RDMing means random death matching, or killing someone without a reason (evidence, witnessing a murder, etc.) Now, it just so happened this person was an Admin! Therefore: BAN!

But Mash convinced him he did have a justifiable reason. The Admin therefore turned over the ban. Mash and his buddies have a good laugh.

Edit: How do I play this TTT exactly? I don't have Garry's Mod, but I do have HL2. Do I need to get GM to play TTT?

• Locked thread