Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Hard Clumping posted:

I'm honestly not sure if I was the one to come up with it, it was so long ago and I was most definitely drunk the first time I did it. I could have seen it in a game, or it could have been another goon who gave me the idea. Or I could havejust drunk-drawn a duck and thought it was loving hilarious.

e: Of course if duck drawing wasn't original to me and I just drunk stole it from another goon and forgot about it, I'll gladly give credit where it's due because it's one of my favorite things.

Not sure if it was you, but I remember something about a duck with a top hat and monocle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poop
Jun 20, 2009

USER FOREVER BANNED FOR DOUBTING THE FOREVER BAN
Hitler and duck on their crazy adventures are easily the best isketch duck drawings.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Jzmisgoo posted:

I've recently started to play Gmod again just because I know that there are plenty of dumb people that will will rage over anything.

The Dumbest Recruits

A couple of my buds and I have taken to joining terrible "Roleplay" servers and just dick around in them. Most recently we joined a Starship Troopers RP where you were just on a stupid space ship until the admin feels like changing the map to Klendathu to kill some bugs (Never happens).

This is old, but I'm an admin on there, and I fully agree that some of the admins there are over-serious cockmunches.

I try to make missions fun for people, so yeah. nuclearpogostick is my steam profile address. Add me if you actually want to have fun there.

(that or just play some ttt, that poo poo's fun too)

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
The Five Second Rule

Playing Diablo 2, you will recognize that there are items that are very hard to get. A lot of these items are items you create called runewords. There are runes that drop in game and by inserting them into a piece of armor or weapon in the correct way, you turn that gear into something really awesome. The most useful is using the runes Jah+Ith+Ber to create a piece of armor called Enigma which allows any class to teleport which is a sorceress only skill.

What you do is act like a new player and wander into a boss run. Ask if anyone has Enigma. When you find a player, call bullshit on it. Try to convince them to drop it in town really far away from you so it shows up on your loot view.

They are rather willing to do this other than trading because there used to be ways to steal gear through trading (not any more but the feeling still remains)

Now in town, the amount of spells you can cast are severely limited which is another reason why they feel comfortable. Mostly because players can only cast buffs and pets.

One pet you can summon for the necromancer is the Iron Golem which turns any item on the ground into a pet with the attributes of the piece of armor. So you just turned their really hard to find piece of gear into a pet permanently.

Now some players might know this, see you are a necromancer, and not drop the gear knowing this. This is why you make a non-necro and get a piece of jewelery called Metelgrid which has charges of Iron Golem.

The player might now drop it for you because what is a paladin going to do it? Exactly the same as a necro; turn your precious gear into a walking bucket of bolts.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

EVIR Gibson posted:

The Five Second Rule

Playing Diablo 2, you will recognize that there are items that are very hard to get. A lot of these items are items you create called runewords. There are runes that drop in game and by inserting them into a piece of armor or weapon in the correct way, you turn that gear into something really awesome. The most useful is using the runes Jah+Ith+Ber to create a piece of armor called Enigma which allows any class to teleport which is a sorceress only skill.

What you do is act like a new player and wander into a boss run. Ask if anyone has Enigma. When you find a player, call bullshit on it. Try to convince them to drop it in town really far away from you so it shows up on your loot view.

They are rather willing to do this other than trading because there used to be ways to steal gear through trading (not any more but the feeling still remains)

Now in town, the amount of spells you can cast are severely limited which is another reason why they feel comfortable. Mostly because players can only cast buffs and pets.

One pet you can summon for the necromancer is the Iron Golem which turns any item on the ground into a pet with the attributes of the piece of armor. So you just turned their really hard to find piece of gear into a pet permanently.

Now some players might know this, see you are a necromancer, and not drop the gear knowing this. This is why you make a non-necro and get a piece of jewelery called Metelgrid which has charges of Iron Golem.

The player might now drop it for you because what is a paladin going to do it? Exactly the same as a necro; turn your precious gear into a walking bucket of bolts.

That is just evil... but oh so hilarious.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

EVIR Gibson posted:

Umm... what?

I don't follow:
The reason they would drop their gear for you to do anything with.
What "the five second rule" has to do with any of that.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Xander77 posted:

Umm... what?

I don't follow:
The reason they would drop their gear for you to do anything with.
What "the five second rule" has to do with any of that.

Five Second Rules concern dropping something on the floor and it going bad.

In this case, dropping something on the floor is instantly bad.

And boy you sure over analyze things!

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel
They drop the item so you can mouseover it and see that they have an Engima. They are proving to you that they have this piece of loot because you said "Nah, you're lying. I bet you don't have it". The five second rule was just his witty title for the story since both the story and the phrase 'five second rule' involve dropping something onto the ground.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Tufty posted:

They drop the item so you can mouseover it and see that they have an Engima. They are proving to you that they have this piece of loot because you said "Nah, you're lying. I bet you don't have it". The five second rule was just his witty title for the story since both the story and the phrase 'five second rule' involve dropping something onto the ground.
Thanks.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Couldn't they just open a trade window instead? I guess that just makes it sweeter when they're really dumb enough to drop it I guess.

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
He explained that in the post, there used to be a way to steal items through trade. Not anymore, but the caution remains.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Apparently I missed that. They're still idiots, just paranoid idiots. Who drop their super valuable items with little provocation.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

Apparently I missed that. They're still idiots, just paranoid idiots. Who drop their super valuable items with little provocation.

Mind games. If you very adamant at bragging about your gear, you would want to prove your claims.

I can say, "yah right you have an enigma. Put it in trade."

You might think, "I could but why is he pressing me to put it in trade? " you could then remember that people could town kill and make you drop stuff on the ground. So if you were really proud of the gear (which makes this all the sweeter taking away something that a person I proud of) you might tell me to back off and you'll show me by dropping it on the ground knowing there is no possible way I can get over there before you notice.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EVIR Gibson posted:

The Five Second Rule

This has never happened to me, but I almost raged for those people. Nice job.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
If somebody did that to my enigma I would ragequit the game forever.

Tux Racer
Dec 24, 2005
Crossposting from the GITT thread.

I tried my hand at griefing this game, and the results turned up really awesome. There was a round where I was a innocent, and there was this room with two elevators and at the top was an ammo cache. At the time I had an incendiary grenade. I was up there with a detective, and I knew people liked to pile in there for the ammo and smoke grenades stashed up there. So when the detective wasn't looking, I threw the incendiary grenade down a shaft with the elevator lowering to allow everyone to go up. The grenade ended up slaughtering everyone who was in the room at the bottom of the shaft. The rest of the round, everyone was just screaming and accusing each other of being the one who threw the incendiary grenade. I also spammed smoke grenades down the shaft giving the traitors the opportunity to start shooting everyone, creating mass confusion and disorder. I love this game.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
That is awesome. You managed to turn the entire server on itself in one move. Which is admittedly not that hard in that game. But still That one was funny.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.
In Dungeon Fighter Online, you can gather a party to clear dungeons, which are chains of rooms, when you clear one room, you can go to the next room or whatever. Now, if you don't have a majority of people waiting at one door, you will never get to that next room. When you do have a majority of people (except when its all of them) you get a 5 second countdown.

This is where it gets grieftastic.

There is an item called the Skytree nut. No one really uses it for general PvE purposes because all it does is get thrown at people, and knock them away and to the ground (but it deals no damage. You can use it to set up combos though.). Combine the skytree nut, in large enough amounts, with a group of people who want to go one way, and suddenly the democracy becomes either a dictatorship or an exercise in never letting people leave the room you're in. For a video example of the kind of thing it does-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WkmMpU0Ma4

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I was playing on a few overly modded L4D2 server yesterday. So many mods it took the fun out of it.

One server went so far as to have a command you could type into the chat box (!heal) that would give you health. Basically, in L4D and L4D2, when you're incapped, or dangling from a building, getting back to your feet is giving you health. So this command basically took all the co op necessity out of the game.

and like most of these sourcemode !- commands. you can just type it into the console without the exclamation and it works just the same. And it doesn't spam the chat box when you do something like this:

code:
alias MrGod "heal; wait 5; MrGod"
MrGod
How is that a grief? in of itself, it isn't. but considering that everyone else on the server would stop what they were doing to type !Heal into the chat box. It was surprisingly easy to kill all the other survivors and end the campaign by myself. They were actually trying to get the Expert achievement like that. It's not a clever grief, really, but it got the job done.

On another similar server, this one with 10 survivors, you could use the AWP, and when you crouched a little progress bar would come up, and when it hit full, you could fire, and basically you'd get some kind of super explosion, that would obliterate common infected. But also made the screen go white for a second or so for everyone near the explosion, and take a HUGE chunk of their regenerating 500 health points away. There were these 3 annoying little 12 year olds on the server, It's a european server and they were nasal little americans complaining about the lag. Every so often one of them would complain that someone had shot them with the grenade launcher. Actually they were relatively close to explosion from the AWP. I told them this, but they didn't listen and carried on. I guess they didn't understand my english accent.

So I grabbed the AWP, and every chance I got, I shot one of them. They were getting angry and angrier about it. Somehow accusing other people of doing it even though it said on the screen "QwertySanchez hit WhinyMcMom'sPC" or whatever. Then they decided they'd had enough and were going to kill the guy who was shooting them with the grenade launcher. They did take him out, but they took quite some time about it, and lost a lot of their own health in the process. At which point I said, "IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, INTERNET DETECTIVES! BUT YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME NOW!" and threw a molotov at them both. They probably didn't understand that either.

Another handy hint for these kind of servers, sometimes they have friendly fire disabled, or at least greatly toned down. A hunting rifle or tier 2 shotgun with explosive ammo still seems to be able to incap anyone on these servers. Which is great for people limping to the vehicles at finales, the boat in swamp fever one, and the lift in Hard Rain 3. Just incap then hit the button before anyone can get out to help them.

Usually on these Extra survivor servers, if you hold down tab to see the "scoreboard" the 4 survivors shown are the main survivors, if you're a Rochelle, but there's another Rochelle on the board, if you startle a witch, it'll go after that one. On Hard Rain this can can be extra annoying, feel free to tell them to start running first if you want them to have a sporting chance.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Not video game griefing but I thought you guys might enjoy this guy trolling the crap out of local news stations with his "yo-yo mastery" (he's terrible at it):
http://deadspin.com/5535220/fake-yo+yo-trickster-fools-every-tv-station-everywhere

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
https://journals.tdl.org/jvwr/article/view/348/421

Found this interesting. Some of you characters may help a PhD student get tenure by griefing Second Life.

"goon culture"? Really?

quote:

However, underneath the rhetoric of game play based on targeting those who take the “Internet as serious business,” there exists a cultural phenomenon with serious effects.

This is rich. Hey guys, we're not just loving with overweight shut-ins when we TK them in L4D. We're part of a "cultural phenomenon".

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 10, 2010

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
Goon... culture? Well... I suppose that there is something like that.
A large gathering of people with certain rules imposed, and certain acts, that while not under the rules will still get you ostracized...

Oh poo poo... we have one hosed up culture here.

[edit] Now that I have actually read that whole paper(I was bored, sue me) I can definitively say, that that moron knows nothing about what he is writing about. Kinda funny actually.

Zebrin fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 10, 2010

statickinetics
Feb 2, 2008

Ceteris paribus

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Found this interesting. Some of you characters may help a PhD student get tenure by griefing Second Life.

"goon culture"? Really?

This is rich. Hey guys, we're not just loving with overweight shut-ins when we TK them in L4D. We're part of a "cultural phenomenon".

Tell me this isn't real.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Could his paper be seen as the biggest grief of them all? I mean, this person was so appalled by the "SA Goons" that he wrote a loving paper on us/griefing. Also, when the gently caress can you kill players and steal their property in WoW? I'll get back into it if I can do that.

I'm counting it as a win in my book. Man was obviously griefed more than once.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
^^^^^^ He has long footnotes concerning 4chan with links to it and everything. The thought of a bunch of academics being exposed to 4chan strikes me as griefing in it's own right.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
here's a TTT trick:

hang out next to a guy alone, then start shooting randomly at the ground while yelling "help help <x> is shooting me" then /kill in console

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

quote:

Furries, or avatars who like to assume the shape of animals and who are believed to be homosexuals, are one of the most popular targets for griefers.

Getting tired of the complaints from the Furries who belonged to the SA site, one of the moderators decided to identify the Furries on the site by adding Yiffy Stars (a six pointed yellow star) underneath their forum avatars. A sub-forum called the “Furry Concentration Camp” (FCC) was created, and those with Yiffy Stars were designated to be FCC-only, meaning they were only allowed to post on that sub-forum. Shortly thereafter, this group was permanently banned from the SA forums. Lum Kuhr admits that she has “no idea if that was planned from the beginning, or if the parallels to the plight of the [J]ews killed by the [N]azis was [sic] intentional. But they were noticed.” This incident somewhat clarifies why Furries see themselves as a race akin to African-Americans or Hispanics, as noted by Frizzlefry101 in his interview. In addition, the YouTube Furry war that a group called Fried Chicken Trolling Crew (FCTC) launched, which (according to Frizzlefry101) instigated Furry/Hy00man (human, non-Furry) flamewars and spamming, clearly indicates the deep roots of this animosity. According to Zimmer, FCTC singlehandedly destroyed the furfags on YouTube. Frizzlefry101 says that this trolling group, which was created a few months after PN was established, is soon to join his group.

Truly the greatest grief.

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 10:01 on May 11, 2010

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Concerned Citizen posted:

here's a TTT trick:

hang out next to a guy alone, then start shooting randomly at the ground while yelling "help help <x> is shooting me" then /kill in console

If you do this at the perfect time, and at the perfect distance from the main group, you can make the whole team self-destruct, someone will run in and kill the guy for "killing" you, someone will kill that guythinking he's a traitor taking advantage of the situation, and so on down the line etc. etc.

I'm glad we've been playing some less obvious griefs in TTT lately. Yesterday we had five or six goons on the same server and for awhile it was typical "if your a traitor tell us everyone else that is a traitor" and "we're the only two guys left on the map, let's tea party and pretend like we don't realize there's nobody else is alive" Then an admin by the name of Cinnamon joined the game and I started to get scared considering I had some real bad luck with admins yesterday, but on our second round we had some amazing luck. We were on that bunker level with big circular elevator, and the double elevators that everyone glitches out that go to the very top floor of the level, and we had both spawned as traitors in one of the rooms with tons of guns. Cinnamon pro blocked the door and I managed to kill two terrorists in the room with us while people were watching but couldn't get in the room because of Cinnamon is parked right there, and no one wants to shoot him because he's an admin. So everyone's screaming that it's "THE OTEHR GUY IN THE ROOM" because apparently no one caught my name, I use my extra credits from wasting the detective to buy some C4, and get it all set for 45 seconds when the rest of the players show up outside the door and demand to know what's going on and Cinnamon finally moves away from the door. There's about 16 seconds left on the bomb I set, but there'd still have been plenty of time to get away, but everyone's focused on taking me out that everyone runs past the bomb and no one even sees it until there's only 2-3 seconds left. Apparently even my comrade's couldn't get away through the mass of people crowded around, because my bomb went off, taking 9 lives and leaving one innocent AFK who had been chilling on the other side of the map the whole game.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

"goon culture"? Really?

I'm really embarrassed for this guy

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem
I have read this thread, and have yet to see this,
Black phantom help bonanza!!

If you don't know, the game Demon's Souls is a very, very hard game where you can get one shoted by anything, and as soon as you die the level reloads with enemies and everything but look brought back to life. Well there is a nice twist of multiplayer where you can go into another players game as a helpful guy called a blue phantom and help them kill the boss, or you can go in as an evil guy call the black phantom and try to kill the other player and regain a body.

When you enter the world as a black phantom the enemies won't target you because well, you are also an enemy of the player. So you can be a helpful person and kill all the monsters for the guy, and have him just open up all the fog doors, right when you get to the boss room, kill him. :3

Great way to get black character tendencies.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Blarticus posted:

If you do this at the perfect time, and at the perfect distance from the main group, you can make the whole team self-destruct, someone will run in and kill the guy for "killing" you, someone will kill that guythinking he's a traitor taking advantage of the situation, and so on down the line etc. etc.

GET VIDEO OF THIS poo poo MOTHERFUCKERS!

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.

Here4DaGangBang posted:

GET VIDEO OF THIS poo poo MOTHERFUCKERS!

I recorded a few hours of some really good stuff (and some really bizarre fan fiction readings) but then they updated and then de-updated Gmod and now I can't play any of them v:shobon:v

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

jonjonaug posted:

Truly the greatest grief.
Did that... actually happen?

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
One of the TTT maps is a small island with a lighthouse. You're perfectly safe from being pushed off the top unless you crouch-jump onto a rail surrounding the edge, where it takes one crowbar swing to push you to your death.

People keep jumping onto the rail :psyduck:

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

The Supreme Court posted:

One of the TTT maps is a small island with a lighthouse. You're perfectly safe from being pushed off the top unless you crouch-jump onto a rail surrounding the edge, where it takes one crowbar swing to push you to your death.

I had 9 health from getting into a gun fight and was headed for the lighthouse to get the last innocents when I was crushed by a falling body :(

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

Xander77 posted:

Did that... actually happen?

The furry holocaust? Yeah, that happened.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

"goon culture"? Really?

I like how he counted "communist symbols" as "offensive objects" next to swastikas and penises. :ussr:

Also, using the phrase "for the lulz" in his introduction without any explanation probably doesn't help his paper.

Really, there isn't a :ughh: big enough for this, not only because of the subject, but also because of his methods.
For example, one thesis pretty much boils down to: "When people [do stuff], other people recognise them [doing stuff] and that [doing stuff] has consequences in the game."
Really, now?

quote:

These griefer groups, I contend, create specific, yet temporary, magic circles that exhibit[...]

It's like he himself couldn't believe he is actually writing this stuff.

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight

The Supreme Court posted:

I think I was there when several of us were shoving people off. I think a couple of people on that server actually paid to have custom spawned weapons, which made killing them for their special toys even greater.

Speaking of TTT, I've been secretly (blatantly) using Lua aimbots, which are perfectly fine with VAC, with the shittiest weapon the m249 and turning it into a laser beam of death. The reason why the m249 is the worst gun is that if you're standing more than 2 feet from someone you're going to be pretty much shooting the air after the first shot.

Its not the greatest way to greif, and if you're surrounded by people its pretty loving obvious but it sure does make them mad as gently caress at you when you're down the hallway tearing their face off while they barely even hit you with whatever hosed gun they picked up. Most populated servers run with script enforce on so it usually does gently caress all anyway.

But I guess to make up for that lame poo poo, what you must do if you become a detective is to make everyone your bitch.

You can just pretty much tell whoever you want to do whatever you want as 'traitor tests' and if you're really good at it, make other people kill whoever you're giving the tests to especially if you say that doing so will prove that they're beyond a doubt innocent (while possibly murdering them later).

One of the tests I've found to be great, but its only really effective if there are two detectives, is to make them pick up the detective spawned mp5 (traitors will probably have something spawned thus cant pick them up) and then spawning another mp5 if you can and telling them to pick that up as well, by this time you should have a crowd start gathering around you and your victim and you can pretty much say anything to get him killed because hes either got a special piece of equipment and can't pick up the mp5 you've thrown to the floor.

This also works well as a traitor when you can spawn a teleporter (cell phone, hard to notice) and throw it at someones feet and yell that they're the traitor.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem
Um... what is TTT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Notinghamington posted:

Um... what is TTT?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3299908