Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zincaito
Nov 18, 2003

i love adventures
I estimated at 30 lbs and DHL quoted me over $500. What the hell? Guess that's out of the question...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

zincaito posted:

I estimated at 30 lbs and DHL quoted me over $500. What the hell? Guess that's out of the question...

Nah that ain't right. Even if you lived half way around the world it wouldn't cost that much unless you pick some super special air delivery jobbie where a DHL employee wraps himself around the package to take the force of any potential blows. I've bought heavier poo poo from Japan and it still cost less than a hundred bucks. Out of interest, what country are you in? I have to avoid certain places like the US because I get owned by 30% import tax.

zincaito
Nov 18, 2003

i love adventures
I'm in the US, zip code 24073, so I guess I can't help you. Good luck though.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Why cant you live in Europe drat you! :argh: Hah, I plugged some numbers into dhl's rates calculator and they gave me a quote of $7,843.38 (discounted rate). I might call them anyway. What are the dimensions and the price you are looking for? If its right, I might just take the 30% hit if it will get me a nice set of keys quickly because I'm on a 2 octave typing keyboard right now which is...horrible.

Either way, PM me if you wanna see if we can work something out.

WanderingKid fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 25, 2010

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

That's the same problem I was running into trying to get rid of that Casio a page ago. There was a lot of international interest (Philipines, Argentina, Australia), but shipping was over $500 to any of them no matter who I used. Naturally, I wound up shipping it to Canada. No US interest in old keyboards I guess.

Also, man I'd love to take that KC off your hands myself, but I have no room for it, and I shouldn't spend the money either. It's frustrating cus I'm gonna have both problems solved in several months once I move and start my new engineering job.

Wikkee!
Oct 17, 2006

P.S. : Shut up, Dan.
I'm looking for a Big Muff Pi for cheap to Canada. Anybody got one with minor/extreme cosmetic damage?

Alecks
Dec 28, 2005

I just wanted to throw out feelers for a Peavey Rockmaster Tube Preamp and a Peavey Classic 50/50 (4 el84s per side) I just can't get the sound I want and I'd rather just eliminate the whole rack thing and get a Fender DRRI and stick with pedals to get "that sound"... I'd be interested in a trade for a Deluxe Reverb, or a Vox/Orange/Fender tube head, or selling them outright.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I shipped a pair of solid wood church chairs to Norway from Texas in a single box with a combined weight of around 70 lbs, it cost about $400 via UPS international freight. The biggest issue was the size of the box due to the dimensions of the fully assembled chairs. If you call up UPS International Freight (White trucks) they can usually walk you through it and even email you the customs forms, in addition to giving you advice on maximum box dimensions to avoid any wacky size tarrifs.

The other option is to call up a freight consolidator and buy space in a container going to country X, but that's a lot slower.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
nothing to see here

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 4, 2010

ATwoSlotToaster
Nov 6, 2004

You're toast!
I got a few percussion things I wouldn't mind getting rid of somehow...

Yamaha DFP-9315 Double Chain Drive Double Pedal (Great condition)
Yamaha 14"x6.5" Steel Snare (Mint condition)
Pearl Concert Tom (good condition)
12", 14", 16", 18" Wuhan Chinese Cymbals (great condition)
22" Zyldjian Medium Ride (Good condition)
12" Wuhan Splash (Good condition)

If anyone is interested in anything I'll take some pics. I like to trade but I also like money too, make whatever offer you want, I'm not using any of this at the moment.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Justus posted:

No US interest in old keyboards I guess.

I would have taken that off your hands in a heart beat, I just found out too late.
:negative:

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Justus posted:

No US interest in old keyboards I guess.

It might be a general sort of thing. Doesn't apply so much to your Casio I guess but old keyboards/synths are a pain in the rear end. They have rubbish midi (if at all), most of them need to be serviced if they haven't been in a long time which can be a huge expense. Most of them are unreliable compared to modern keyboard/synthesizers. I dunno why anyone buys them other than to flip them to collectors or musicians with serious GAS. I dunno who has the time or the money right now to put into a really old keyboard just to get it to work properly. Don't even get me started on keyboards with loads of complicated electronics where the chips haven't been produced in years so you end up having to take it a service centre that will take for between 500 and 1500 bucks to overhaul the drat thing. That or you can do the work yourself at your own risk but you still need to source chips from eBay sellers that will fleece the living daylights out of you. Bah!

vanjalolz
Oct 31, 2006

Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha

Hadlock posted:

The other option is to call up a freight consolidator and buy space in a container going to country X, but that's a lot slower.

I recommend the buyer using a service such as shipito.com - they give great discount FedEx rates (my guitar and case which was denied by usps because of size cost $160 by fedex (normally $500))

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch

Carbohydrates posted:

Hey you guys oughta buy my guitar!

PM'd you moments ago. :)

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010

Wikkee! posted:

I'm looking for a Big Muff Pi for cheap to Canada. Anybody got one with minor/extreme cosmetic damage?

drat man, I just sold mine on ebay! Well they pop up a lot, so just keep your eyes peeled

Wikkee!
Oct 17, 2006

JohnnyMondo posted:

drat man, I just sold mine on ebay! Well they pop up a lot, so just keep your eyes peeled

Son of a... :negative:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

WanderingKid posted:

It might be a general sort of thing. Doesn't apply so much to your Casio I guess but old keyboards/synths are a pain in the rear end. They have rubbish midi (if at all), most of them need to be serviced if they haven't been in a long time which can be a huge expense. Most of them are unreliable compared to modern keyboard/synthesizers. I dunno why anyone buys them other than to flip them to collectors or musicians with serious GAS. I dunno who has the time or the money right now to put into a really old keyboard just to get it to work properly. Don't even get me started on keyboards with loads of complicated electronics where the chips haven't been produced in years so you end up having to take it a service centre that will take for between 500 and 1500 bucks to overhaul the drat thing. That or you can do the work yourself at your own risk but you still need to source chips from eBay sellers that will fleece the living daylights out of you. Bah!

I will never stop wanting a VCS 3 as long as I live:

I just know it's never going to happen for the reasons you mentioned about and the insane amount of money people ask for these things when they turn up.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

I'd be interested in a pair of 12" Celestion Blues if anyone had them lying around.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Selling my Native Instruments Audio 4 DJ over in SA-Mart for $170. Willing to trade for an Audio 2 DJ+$60 for anyone looking to upgrade!

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
SOLD They're $110 new and this is so minty I believe the price is fair.
This is in great condition as far as used items go. Two of the tiniest dings (seen in the angle pic), no scratchy/loose pots, and the velcro on the bottom isn't even full of cat hair and creepy dried things! I've never used it outside of my room.

However, I don't have the box or the printed materials. I can send it in a box rather than a padded envelope if you'd like.

I must say that out of the two Digital Delays I've tried, the DD-6 has a slightly better 'first impression' helicopter noise, but with the DD-3 you can take that helicopter and, using the hold feature, make it sound like a helicopter full of demons. Assembled out of their fallen victims. Flying out of hell.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Click here for the full 768x1024 image.

Sarah Cenia fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 29, 2010

grahm
Oct 17, 2005
taxes :(

Achtane posted:

Looking to get $65 shipped (conUS) with a OneSpot adapter included, $55 without. They're $110 new and this is so minty I believe the price is fair.

I'll take the OneSpot if you're willing to sell that separately.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Ah, sorry, someone just bought the pedal so I'll just keep the Onespot for future use.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Carbohydrates posted:

Hey you guys oughta buy my guitar!

Details here

I'll sell it for $700 or I'll trade it for/towards an early 2000's Toyota Camry LE engine, if you're the type that has spare car engines lying around.

I want so hard but cannot buy =(

Alecks
Dec 28, 2005

High gain is not doing it for me and I want to go back to simple heads and combos, so here we go.

Peavey Classic 50/50 Power Amp
It was gone over by a local amp tech and the 12AT7 was replaced. The controls on the front are volume, presence, and resonance for each channel.

$300 + Shipping Sold on E(vil) Bay

Peavey Rockmaster
This preamp has 4 12AX7s, the previous owner changed out the pre-gain push-pull pot for a same value non-pp pot, and added a gain boost switch to the face. I switched out he two stock peavey (sovtek?) tubes for two NOS Phillips 12AX7s in V1 an V2. The common C4, C5, C9, and C14 cap mods have been performed. It is missing the middle knob on the clean eq, a replacement can be had on the cheap from peavey directly.

$200 + Shipping Sold to Knifehitz

As mentioned above, I'd be interested in trading for heads or a DRRI. Buy both, and I'll cover all shipping costs.

Alecks fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 16, 2010

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Someone have a Big Muff of sorts they'd be willing to part with for cheap-ish? Little Big Muff format preferred, but let me know what'cha got.

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

i wanna make it (wit chu)

Hadlock posted:

Someone have a Big Muff of sorts they'd be willing to part with for cheap-ish? Little Big Muff format preferred, but let me know what'cha got.

I have two BMPs available. I have a rehoused 2000s era sovtek BMP. It's inside a 1590bb style box. I also have a custom made Op Amp BMP. This is an late 70s early 80s design I built from a schematic. This is housed in a weird box i found, it looks quite rad.

Both of these are full bypass and have high quality audio and power jacks.

I'm open to trades, I'll try to post a few pictures in a while. Make me an offer.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

burdt posted:

I have two BMPs available.
I can vouch for burdt. The pedal he made me long ago is still my favorite.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Looking to offload:

1 Gibson Burstbucker 3 pickup
1 Gibson Angus Young signature pickup

Lemme know if you're interested.

Wikkee!
Oct 17, 2006

burdt posted:

I have two BMPs available. I have a rehoused 2000s era sovtek BMP. It's inside a 1590bb style box. I also have a custom made Op Amp BMP. This is an late 70s early 80s design I built from a schematic. This is housed in a weird box i found, it looks quite rad.

Both of these are full bypass and have high quality audio and power jacks.

I'm open to trades, I'll try to post a few pictures in a while. Make me an offer.

How cheap are you willing to go on these? I could do, right now, a maximum of $40.
Shipped.
To Canada.

...I will hold no grudge if that's too low.

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

i wanna make it (wit chu)
Can you do $50 Wikkee!? I'd do it for the rehoused Sovtek BMP.

Professorbx
Jan 27, 2005
Wicki Wicki

betterinsodapop posted:

Looking to offload:

1 Gibson Burstbucker 3 pickup
1 Gibson Angus Young signature pickup

Lemme know if you're interested.

How much for the Angus?

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Professorbx posted:

How much for the Angus?
$70 shipped within the US?

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
If anybody wants a Furman M-8DX Power Condition in basically new condition, let me know. I just want to get rid of it, so the price isn't TOO much of a concern. That said, I'm not getting ripped off, here.

Wikkee!
Oct 17, 2006

burdt posted:

Can you do $50 Wikkee!? I'd do it for the rehoused Sovtek BMP.

Shittily, it's not for me, and the guy who wants it already owes me way too much money, so I'm afraid $40 is as high as I (he) can go. If you still have it in a few weeks, I'm sure he could do $50.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

I just got a Fretless Ibanez RG570 and I'm thinkin it's just not my thing. I'll post pics if anyone is interested.

Kin Corn Karn
Mar 9, 2008

its a long shot. but if anyone in southern california wants a decent sounding, working half stack for $99, let me know. crate gx-130c and an ampeg v412 cabinet.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
that's a really good deal

Professorbx
Jan 27, 2005
Wicki Wicki

Kin Corn Karn posted:

its a long shot. but if anyone in southern california wants a decent sounding, working half stack for $99, let me know. crate gx-130c and an ampeg v412 cabinet.

Really interested. Email me at johnnydirtbag at gmail dot com. LA? Where?

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Kin Corn Karn posted:

Are you me? I have the same setup. That is a super killer deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin Corn Karn
Mar 9, 2008

its a good amp. the only issue is the chorus went out, and it now sounds like a theremin (?). the cabinet is missing a coaster or two. other than that its fine. distortion is surprisingly good on it too.

its in orange county. i cant play it in my apartment, and i dont have a rehearsal space, so its just collecting dust in my parents garage, so it needs a good home.

my dad got one of those flip camcorders so i made a quick clip. mic camera sucks, as well as the hondo strat im using, but you get the idea :)

Kin Corn Karn fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 10, 2010