Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Those GX130c amps are pretty decent. Funny enough- the chorus went out on the one that's sitting in my shop too. Must have been a common thing. Who cares though- the main draw with those babies is the 1992 era cannibal corpse distortion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I've got a white set of G&L MFD pickups, all wired up to a 5-way switch, with volume/bass/treble knobs, and a mini toggle to turn on the B+N pickups (so you can do B+N and B+M+N). You just need to put them into a pickguard and wire up the output jack. They sounds great, just not what I need right now.

Looking for $100. Would also trade for an OCD v3/4.

BlpSoup
Jan 26, 2006
I have an axiom 25 limited edition in bright yellow. Can provide pics if needed. I want to trade for some kind of a pad controller. Preferably an MPD, and not really interested in outright selling. In good condition, just in the 2 years I've had it purchased new I can count the number of times I've used it on one hand. Needless to say, I don't need it. Includes a valid replacement warranty from guitar center.

knifehitz
Apr 22, 2005

ys rly
The EMG's have gone to Fleabay.

knifehitz fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 20, 2010

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

bisticles posted:

I've got a white set of G&L MFD pickups, all wired up to a 5-way switch, with volume/bass/treble knobs, and a mini toggle to turn on the B+N pickups (so you can do B+N and B+M+N). You just need to put them into a pickguard and wire up the output jack. They sounds great, just not what I need right now.

I don't really know anything about pickups except my strat copy has lovely ones. Probably. Can you give me any more info about what these might sound like? Or something, I'm kinda tempted but I need a good reason.

toddtime
Jul 12, 2005

knifehitz posted:

I have an EMG Kerry King set, just not my style. In good shape, I can post a picture later. Includes EMG 81, 85 and afterburner switch. I have all the wiring junk to go with it, pots, quick connect wires, etc.

I would like to trade for a couple cool non-active humbuckers, need to be F-Spaced. Super Distortion, Screamin Demon, what do you got?

I would also sell for $100 plus shipping.

Can you send me some pictures to toddtime at gmail dot com?

Thanks!

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Looking to sell my EHX Bass Big Muff and Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble.

Click here for the full 768x1024 image.

Click here for the full 768x1024 image.

---SOLD---As you can see, the CE-5 has some nicks and scratches. Also, It looks like someone ripped off a sticker or something on the bottom (however, the BOSS label is pink and intact if that matters). However, there are no scratchy pots or any weirdness (slow activation, bad LED, etc) involving the pedal function -- the wear is cosmetic. I'd like to get $65 shipped in the continental US and through Paypal. Unfortunately I do not have the box or printed materials. This is a versatile chorus (enjoy making cheesy sci-fi laser sounds) and I like it, but GAS is making me get rid of it.

---SOLD---The Bass Big Muff is in minty condition. Nothin' on the bottom, no scratchy pots or anything, not even a scratch that I can spot. It's a great pedal and the dry blend options is fantastic; actually, it's the only mode I use it in. But...as with all of my pedals, its time has come. I swear they're like little savings accounts.
I sadly do not have the box or materials, but I would like to get $60 shipped (continental US, through paypal).

If you would like a One-Spot 9v adapter with either one, I can include it for an extra $10. Not interested in selling it alone, though.

I'm only looking for cash this time around. Thank you.

Sarah Cenia fucked around with this message at 07:55 on May 17, 2010

Colin Ex Machina
Oct 16, 2004
I adopted a highway.
Anybody selling a stompbox tuner? A TU-2 or a pitchblack would be cool but I'm open to suggestion.

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

i wanna make it (wit chu)

Colin Ex Machina posted:

Anybody selling a stompbox tuner? A TU-2 or a pitchblack would be cool but I'm open to suggestion.

Ahhh, serendipity.

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/msg/1739886896.html

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
I've got a TU-2 I'm looking to get rid of for like $55-60 shipped. Works fine and is in good condition, has a little velcro on the bottom. If you want a picture or anything I'll have it on Tuesday after our show.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Achtane posted:

:words:

I use a regular Big Muff with my bass, is there any huge difference in the way the Bass Big Muff sounds?

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

CPL593H posted:

I use a regular Big Muff with my bass, is there any huge difference in the way the Bass Big Muff sounds?

The BBM has a "bass boost" and "dry" mode (blended with original signal) in addition to the default -- I think with bass boost engaged it sounds most like a normal Big Muff. Default is a little too trebly for me, but the chainsaw effect is nice every now and then. But I actually only use the dry blend. I'm a big fan of blend features on pedals and I feel blended sounds much better than the other two modes...they just sound a little too saturated to me in this case. With it blended you can instantly start making your wacky Electric Wizard riffs and I feel that other pedals also make it sound even better (try the BBM into an OD). Let's see how many times I can use "blend" in a post.

I really like this pedal, the only downside is that you can't actually adjust the amount of blend itself -- you flip the switch and mess with the tone/sustain from there. It's kind of like when you engage it, those two knobs then control the amount of fuzz added in. So if you have them both really low it sounds like a muddy overdrive; if they're high it's delicious.

But...I actually just came to this thread to say that it was sold.

Sarah Cenia fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 15, 2010

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Achtane posted:

But...I actually just came to this thread to say that it was sold.

I was actually just curious to know what the difference was between the two. I can't afford poo poo right now anyway.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!

bisticles posted:

I'm interested in this but I won't be able to get the money for a week or so. If someone else wants them, go for it, but if you still have them by then I'd love to take em.

bsmack
Dec 12, 2003
In case some of you don't go into SA mart, I'm selling a bunch of DJ equipment:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3304515

I want an A&H Xone:DX so bad :<

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
EDIT: Seems like it'll be alright.

Sarah Cenia fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 17, 2010

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Achtane posted:

my bank account before I get slapped with another -$35! Yeah!

Just got a notice in the mail from my bank that starting August they will simply decline debit card purchases that attempt to overdraw by default. That poo poo can get expensive and I'm glad to see they've legislated it away for the most part(!).

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I know. I'm very much looking forward to it happening. This time it spiraled out of control from a mix of something really trivial and bad luck, but my stupid rear end has been known to rely on overdrawing if I'm certain it'll be made up immediately (like if I transferred from Paypal 2 days prior). If it keeps me from being an idiot, I'm all for it.

DaFuente
Nov 23, 2003

puppeh
Anyone interested in one of these babies? Vox AC50cph

It's got some cosmetic scars from touring, but it chimes like a dream. Make me some offers!

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
Ive been wanting to trade my Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 channel solo head, no foot switch) for a Marshall Triple Super Lead head. I'm located in the Los Angeles area if anyone is interested.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
I'm looking to trade my Roland TD-3SW electronic drum kit for some DJ equipment. What I'd really like is a Vestix VCI-300, but a comparably valued pair of CDJs and a mixer would work too. The drum kit is in perfect working order, about a year old, and has never left my house. I'll post pictures when I get home - willing to ship too, though exchange would be sweet if the interested party lives near Kansas.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Hamer777 posted:

Ive been wanting to trade my Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 channel solo head, no foot switch) for a Marshall Triple Super Lead head. I'm located in the Los Angeles area if anyone is interested.

I've got a TSL60 head that I'd trade for a Dual Rec. It's got the giant footswitch and everything. Only thing is, I'm in NY. If you'd want to trade and ship, let me know.

Picture

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
I have a Dean Tradition S12 I'd like to sell. I bought it a couple of years ago new, and I've kept it in good shape. I can supply pics if you'd like. I'd like $250 for it, I'd prefer to ship to US. I'm in Colorado Springs, if that helps.

Are there any resources to gauge vintage effect pedals are worth? I have an old school Digitech Bass Whammy (the old blue one). I'm thinking of selling it, but I'm not sure how much to ask. My google-fu just pulls up the new red one. Does anyone have any links?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
I've got a MicroKorg for $250. One encoder jumps on occasion, but otherwise works great, looks alright. Also have a Korg ER-1 for $200. Interested in anything cool, looking for a Mono Poly, which I'd trade some other things for if anyone has one (Moogerfoogers, tube amps, &c)

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

gypsyshred posted:

Are there any resources to gauge vintage effect pedals are worth? I have an old school Digitech Bass Whammy (the old blue one). I'm thinking of selling it, but I'm not sure how much to ask. My google-fu just pulls up the new red one. Does anyone have any links?

Nothing. There's no market for it. Just send it to me and I'll give it a good home.

(No seriously you could probably sell one for around 500-600 easily, they're pretty sought after.)

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

Noise Machine posted:

Nothing. There's no market for it. Just send it to me and I'll give it a good home.

(No seriously you could probably sell one for around 500-600 easily, they're pretty sought after.)

I understand they are rare, and it is fun to play. But I'd like to do my homework first before letting it go, I just can't find anything.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Unfortunately, the more rare something is, the less record there is of it selling. If you can't find a completed auction on eBay or something, you're pretty much out of luck. You could always run an auction for it and then can it at the last minute.

Last year, I put a $40 Boss Acoustic Simulator up on Craigslist and said that I'd be interested in trades. A guy offered me a "weird old" pedal from his attic. I'll let the picture tell the rest.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

:aaa:

If I could just have one story along those lines, I would die a happy man.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Holy crap! Howd it sound?

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

gypsyshred posted:

Holy crap! Howd it sound?

Like playing through a blown out speaker. It's a bass/keyboard pedal, and only really works with monophonic playing. Kind of cool to hear an early take on Distortion, but something that I'd never actually use.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

bisticles posted:

Like playing through a blown out speaker. It's a bass/keyboard pedal, and only really works with monophonic playing. Kind of cool to hear an early take on Distortion, but something that I'd never actually use.
I always wonder how many times someone paid a ton of money for a pedal like that but it was actually broken and they never knew...

(I realize they probably know what they're buying but still)

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'm blowing hobos in dark alleys in my hunt for a Kurzweil MicroEnsemble ME-1 module but it's all in vain, cannot find anything but new ones for 500€ or more in stores here. Anyone of you know where or how, or if you can help me get one for less, a used unit perhaps? (Yeah, rarely see them on eBay)

I should be able to give it a good old 9v 2.0A power adapter to take care of the power so 110v to 220v is no problem.

Located in Sweden, will pay and love you, will ship you the finest chocolate we have, 1.1lbs packages of Toblerone will that do? Maybe some quality Marabou?

(I'd rather get the SP2X stage piano but I don't quite have room for it, or money)

(e: Can do PayPal, will use a trusty old friends account for that. IBAN bank transfer works too)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 07:27 on May 22, 2010

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Selling a Jaguar and MIDI pedal in SA Mart - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3307171

I'll update that thread with other random guitar stuff (pedals, maybe some pickups) as I prepare them for sale.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Godspeed little Jag.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Oh my god I want that Jag so bad. Pleeeeeeease be around when I get paid at the end of the month.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Looking to get rid of a couple things. I've got this Peavey Cirrus 5 string that is great but I really don't use much. It's in good condition except for a nick in the headstock which is pictured below. Comes with a hardshell case. Looking to get maybe $350 + shipping:

The nick looks pretty bad close up but it's not very noticeable if you aren't right up on the bass.

Also looking to get rid of my Boss TU-2. I've had this thing a while and it's never given me any problems, but I just got a Korg Pitchblack so I don't need this anymore. It's got some scratches from use and a strip of velcro on the bottom but works fine. Comes with the box but no manual:

Looking to get $50 + shipping for this one.

For trades I might be interested in other basses or maybe a snare or some cymbals. Mostly looking for cash though.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
To put in a good word for Josh's Peavey, I have the six string version of the same bass, and its fantastic. Very well balanced, great feel, lightweight for an extended scale.

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

I've just purchased this (SJB-1 Basslines, Neck Position):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Seymour-Duncan-...1QQcmdZViewItem

and will be picking it up later today. The only problem is that I have a PJ bass and I won't be needing the neck pickup.

If you're looking for a good vintage sounding pickup for the neck position of your jazz bass, I'll be your man.

I'm looking for pearly gates-y neck humbuckers or an interesting PAF or P-90 style neck position humbuckers for guitar.

or $40 obo

Thanks.

burdt fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 25, 2010

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010

burdt posted:

I've just purchased this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Seymour-Duncan-...1QQcmdZViewItem

and will be picking it up later today. The only problem is that I have a PJ bass and I won't be needing the neck pickup.

If you're looking for a good vintage sounding pickup for the neck position of your jazz bass, I'll be your man.

I'm looking for pearly gates-y neck humbuckers or an interesting PAF or P-90 style neck position humbuckers for guitar.

Thanks.
Hm, I could go for that actually. Nothing to trade really, how much did you want for it? hit me on johnnyred @ gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

JohnnyMondo posted:

Hm, I could go for that actually. Nothing to trade really, how much did you want for it? hit me on johnnyred @ gmail.com

I updated my OP (added the price) after I PM'd Johnny. drat me and my stupid edits.

burdt fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 25, 2010