Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

"That really was the most fun I've had with anything Munchkin related ever."
Yeah, when we saw that piture we were amazed at how it came out :) He's quite a cutie. Once we get the brattiness to stop he'll be awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
My boyfriend bought me a forums account so we could spend more time together. On the internet.

lu lu lu posted:

I don't think I would have to worry about Snaps for this, but oh god Pip. He has taken all the usual rear end in a top hat puppy behaviors and instead of doing them, devotes all that energy into eating stuff he knows he isn't supposed to. I need a new laptop charger because he managed to chew through the cord from INSIDE the crate.

P.S. Make sure you always have hydrogen peroxide in the house.

What is the verdict on dogs sharing a crate? Pip probably going to outgrow the travel kennel we've been using, and Snaps's crate is more than big enough for the both of them. Is it cool as long as they get along well, or should they each have their own space?

When Allison is being baby-sat at my parents, they put their cardigan and pembroke in the same cage with Allison for bedtime. (I know you have the same size cage as me, so :)) 3 corgis in that cage together, not killing one another, so I would think it would be cool for Snaps and Pip to be together. I don't know, though, since the 3 corgis were just in there for the night, when they're worn out from patrolling the yard all day, and they're all grown.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
My boyfriend bought me a forums account so we could spend more time together. On the internet.
Allison's birthday was celebrated at the dog park a few weekends back :3

Click here for the full 912x684 image.

She loves the cattle troughs they have. Don't believe the stink-eye she's giving, she jumped in there herself.

Click here for the full 684x912 image.

She also likes to pretend she's as tall as the Great Danes by standing on this old tree.

Classy lady stands on the bench.

What birthday party would be complete without friends? This is my sister's boxer puppy, Jack. (It's a girl; she worked at a vet clinic that she got her from at 3 days old, which is why the tail is not docked and she has floppy ears, which I LOVE!)

tronik
Oct 21, 2008

It's starting to get pretty warm here in FL. Got a plastic swimming pool for Rose and Zane to cool off in.

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

tronik posted:

It's starting to get pretty warm here in FL. Got a plastic swimming pool for Rose and Zane to cool off in.

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

Fact: Tan pointed merle is the best color.

Also, more Cardigans :3:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Got our rescue Vellhund today. What a sweetheart. One little submissive pee and that's all the problem we've had so far - she's awesome! Pictures to follow once I steal them off the girlfriends PC, heh.

edit: photos!

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Asa doing her normal cuteness.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

More cute.

And now she's just ignoring me while I try to take pictures with a dying camera battery.

Siochain fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 2, 2010

six_wings
Apr 28, 2005
Hiya corgi aficionados,

I'm excited to report I'll be part of the cool club this Saturday if all goes well - we're bringing home a one year old Pembroke boy from a local rescue. (I'll post pictures when I get ones that better show off his cuteness.) I had two questions:

First off, grooming. I'm definitely going to get a furminator, but how often do you use it? And what other brushes do I need to keep him looking good? (His coat is pretty coarse right now, I'm hoping frequent grooming and better diet will give him a sleeker look.)

Second: The current foster mom has him in a martingale style collar. Are these safe and/or necessary for corgis? Or does it not matter?

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

six_wings posted:

Hiya corgi aficionados,

I'm excited to report I'll be part of the cool club this Saturday if all goes well - we're bringing home a one year old Pembroke boy from a local rescue. (I'll post pictures when I get ones that better show off his cuteness.) I had two questions:

First off, grooming. I'm definitely going to get a furminator, but how often do you use it? And what other brushes do I need to keep him looking good? (His coat is pretty coarse right now, I'm hoping frequent grooming and better diet will give him a sleeker look.)

Second: The current foster mom has him in a martingale style collar. Are these safe and/or necessary for corgis? Or does it not matter?

My lil guy Rex is about 8 months old now, and he seems irritated by the furminator if you use it more than once a week. He also has a martingale style collar because he has grown an immense lion's mane, and he is perfectly fine with it.

paddiep
Aug 3, 2006

Elks love me...

Siochain posted:

Got our rescue Vellhund today. What a sweetheart. One little submissive pee and that's all the problem we've had so far - she's awesome! Pictures to follow once I steal them off the girlfriends PC, heh.

edit: photos!

Asa doing her normal cuteness.

More cute.

And now she's just ignoring me while I try to take pictures with a dying camera battery.

holy crap she's a cutie! I love valls with tails! :) congrats!

paddiep fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 4, 2010

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Milhouse is not amused when sharing a couch.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
Hey guys, I've been lurking around reading Pet Island for months now but I finally decided I wanted to join in because I'm hoping to get a new pup in the next couple of months and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions (and hopefully pictures) to share. Does anyone know any reputable breeders in/near Kentucky? I've checked out the ones on the PWCCA and CWCCA sites and emailed them, but this is the first time I've had to actively get a dog so I want to do it right. The dogs I've had throughout my life were either given to my family, from a shelter or taken in as strays so I've not had to go through the whole looking-for-a-breeder process. I've read a lot around here like the puppy FAQ so I have a little of an idea, but I've only found a handful of breeders in my area online and until they email me back I have no real info on them. Any suggestions? Especially if anyone has first-hand experience with corgi breeders in my area.

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

For Lack of a Better Name
Corgi day.

Corgi butts.

paddiep
Aug 3, 2006

Elks love me...

londerwost posted:

Corgi day.

I LOVE this one..

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

Where's my goddamned milk?!

GidgetNomates posted:

Hey guys, I've been lurking around reading Pet Island for months now but I finally decided I wanted to join in because I'm hoping to get a new pup in the next couple of months and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions (and hopefully pictures) to share. Does anyone know any reputable breeders in/near Kentucky? I've checked out the ones on the PWCCA and CWCCA sites and emailed them, but this is the first time I've had to actively get a dog so I want to do it right. The dogs I've had throughout my life were either given to my family, from a shelter or taken in as strays so I've not had to go through the whole looking-for-a-breeder process. I've read a lot around here like the puppy FAQ so I have a little of an idea, but I've only found a handful of breeders in my area online and until they email me back I have no real info on them. Any suggestions? Especially if anyone has first-hand experience with corgi breeders in my area.

I'm not familiar with Kentucky at all, but RurouNNy actually posted a great link from a reputable breeder addressing the "how do I contact a breeder? and what do I say?" issue. Check this out:

http://blacksheepcardigans.com/ruff/?p=3448

I think I might convince Londerwost to add this to the OP, because this question comes up a lot.

Good luck with your hunting for a breeder. You might also look into nearby rescues and shelters too.

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

paddiep posted:

I LOVE this one..

Yeah, I told them that I would wind up with 1000 pictures of butts, and only like one or two good shots... maybe...

Also, I think Pip is growing up to be a very distinguished and handsome fellow. I love this picture:

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
Thanks, that's a really good site! Most of the breeders from those PWCCA and CWCCA sites don't have pups, though I did find one that will have some at the end of the summer. So, if I don't find another, then there's a good chance I can go get a Cardigan pup from them. I asked for a little more information yesterday, but this site is a lot more helpful in what I should say and expect. I'm a bit worried about the thing saying some breeders won't sell you pups if you don't have a fenced in yard--I'll be living in an apartment, but I'll definitely have plenty time set aside for exercising the dog outside (especially since I tend to go walking by myself outside already). Is this going to severely hurt my chances, or is this just some breeders and not others?

By the way, I did look into local shelters and rescues, but I didn't come up with too much unfortunately. I did find one Corgi/German Shepherd mix in Tennessee, and if he's still around when I'm absolutely ready to get my dog I would take him in a heartbeat, but I sort of expect he'll be taken by then.

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

GidgetNomates posted:

Thanks, that's a really good site! Most of the breeders from those PWCCA and CWCCA sites don't have pups, though I did find one that will have some at the end of the summer. So, if I don't find another, then there's a good chance I can go get a Cardigan pup from them. I asked for a little more information yesterday, but this site is a lot more helpful in what I should say and expect. I'm a bit worried about the thing saying some breeders won't sell you pups if you don't have a fenced in yard--I'll be living in an apartment, but I'll definitely have plenty time set aside for exercising the dog outside (especially since I tend to go walking by myself outside already). Is this going to severely hurt my chances, or is this just some breeders and not others?

By the way, I did look into local shelters and rescues, but I didn't come up with too much unfortunately. I did find one Corgi/German Shepherd mix in Tennessee, and if he's still around when I'm absolutely ready to get my dog I would take him in a heartbeat, but I sort of expect he'll be taken by then.

Have you considered getting an adult dog that's proven to be well behaved for an apartment environment? I'd be concerned about puppies in apartments in general, because they're little, rambunctious, sometimes destructive brats that can drive you insane, let alone your neighbors. I'd also be concerned about corgis in particular because they can be so busy looking for something to do, and can also be quite loud if they think something in their home is amiss.

It might take you a while to find the right dog, but I think you might be better off looking for a more mellow adult dog from a rescue or shelter.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
Well, like I said I have been looking around the local shelters, but I've just not found too much. Granted, it's not quite time for me to get one just yet, so when it is I'll be looking again for sure. As for the noise, the apartment I'm looking at right now is a pet friendly apartment with quite a few pet facilities, and so I sort of expect going in that barking dogs is going to be fairly common. I don't know this as a fact, but just based on what I've read about the apartment's pet policies I wouldn't be surprised. My main concern would be for my neighbors, however, since I've lived with both loud and destructive dogs in the past, and it's never really put me off.

I definitely want to get the right dog, and I would have no problem getting a grown dog, it's just that I've had a hard time finding any near me. I really hope more than anything that the mix I mentioned is still there when I'm ready to get my dog, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

Also, as someone who has lurked around here for a while, I know you guys are ready to set someone straight with these things, so if I'm being at all unreasonable in the way I'm approaching this I want to know. I know the horrors of having a puppy, but I'm more than ready to deal with it. Living in an apartment is probably my biggest concern here, but I think if I can get the apartment I'm looking at I won't have much of an issue with the noise. However, I don't want to do anything wrong out of being a selfish person who wants a dog, so definitely tell me anything.

paddiep
Aug 3, 2006

Elks love me...

GidgetNomates posted:

Also, as someone who has lurked around here for a while, I know you guys are ready to set someone straight with these things, so if I'm being at all unreasonable in the way I'm approaching this I want to know. I know the horrors of having a puppy, but I'm more than ready to deal with it. Living in an apartment is probably my biggest concern here, but I think if I can get the apartment I'm looking at I won't have much of an issue with the noise. However, I don't want to do anything wrong out of being a selfish person who wants a dog, so definitely tell me anything.

Sounds like you're being pretty reasonable in your search, As a herding breed/apt renter I know the horrors of raising a puppy (both a small one and a great dane mix) in an apt. It does suck, I do spend alot of time outside (in Wisconsin weather nonetheless) but we make it work. Dogs are pretty adaptable. I have, however, gotten complaints from ONE neighbor (who also dislikes me) has complained about Toki (my Swedish Vallhund) barking during the day. He does not like it when he hears something weird outside and of course feels the need to alert/defend out little apt with his shrill bark. Since then I have done daycare once a week and we are lucky enough to have a yard by our place that I take them fetching/running every day. My two are fairly low-key but still have their quirks..

Pretty much just be ready to deal with more hassle then your average home owner and for god sakes crate train! Whenever I didn't crate Toki he did something destructive at least once out of every 5 times he was left out. ;)

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
It never even crossed my mind to NOT crate train, no worries there! The good news is that after looking around some more, I've found a total of three corgi mixes (one of whom looks almost like a full Cardigan, I don't see the other breed at all) that are all not too far away, so providing any of them are still available in a few weeks there's definitely a good chance of me getting a great shelter dog. Seems like at least one of the three was just recently added to petfinder so I see how I didn't notice it first time looking, and I'm not sure how I missed the other. They're all a bit grown, but still young enough to have a bit of fun puppy in them. Hopefully one of them works out for me, because I really do love the feeling of taking a dog that really needs a home.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

streetlamp posted:

Not our corgi but I love his dinner dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD3yVwC0fjg

Ok I thought Igby was just weird, but he does the same thing with the towel under the food bowl.

Lefty Lugubrious
Apr 30, 2006

I'm a little late to the Corgi Party, but this is Ivan. He also responds to Doodles, Pookie Bear, and Wuggums.

We do not give him rawhide anymore. I heeded Nacho's dad's recommendation and switched to antlers. He loves them.

Ivan and Kismet often pretend to regard each other with mild disdain, but secretly they're friends. They should be, they share so much in common. They're both gingers, they both love food and watching TV, and they're both huge attention whores.

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat
Cry everyday I see no updates to this thread, so here is a video of gizmo playing with a ipad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnoROa_vNvo

But now if we are using the ipad anywhere near him he wants to smear his nose all over it and waits for a cookie.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Neither of our pets gives a gently caress about the iPad. It greatly disappointed my husband.

We walked past the "corgi house" the other night and I was sad to see that there was not a single corgi out in the yard. It was getting close to dark, though, so I'm guessing they were just inside. Husker probably wouldn't have let us walk past without saying hello to the giant gang of corgis :3:

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

They fucking better have lemon cakes.
One of my corgis did the most :3: thing today

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I still giggle at how stubby he is. He went to the bars last night with me and everybody loved him :3:

Eff Jay
Dec 6, 2008

Bewildrbeast posted:

I still giggle at how stubby he is. He went to the bars last night with me and everybody loved him :3:

Portland Corgi (and corg mixes) are the best :hfive:

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
I am awful with cameras, so excuuuuuuse me. Here's Rocky. We think he has a good bit of Lab in him, but I don't know anything about all that anyway. He's incredibly sweet, and prone to panting whenever he gets the least bit excited. He also plays soccer amazingly well, and uses his entire body to score goals, bring you the soccer ball, and even bounces the ball on his head sometimes.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

anachrodragon posted:

Yeah, I told them that I would wind up with 1000 pictures of butts, and only like one or two good shots... maybe...

Also, I think Pip is growing up to be a very distinguished and handsome fellow. I love this picture:

Do not be fooled. He only looks like a classy gentleman. Really, he's kind of a creeper.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Some more content, two videos from when my girlfriend's two poo poo-zus stayed over for a long weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9QEq_VR3s4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaHymmLXAys

The first video illustrates Taziki's behavior perfectly.

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

For Lack of a Better Name

lu lu lu posted:

Cutest rape-face ever! :dance:

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

They fucking better have lemon cakes.

lu lu lu posted:

Oh my god those ears :3:

Mookake
Dec 16, 2008
Love this thread.

Here's a few of my boy, Joey shortly after he was neutered. He was not a happy camper...

He loves his bunny

Korenwolf
Mar 14, 2007

Nap Ghost
So I have question with summer and boating weather coming up, does anyone have any suggestions for good life vest for a Pembroke welsh corgi?

Here's a photo for the thread:

Click here for the full 1000x917 image.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
Due to my youngest sister having her wedding in my parents' backyard next weekend, we're taking care of their 3 dogs until then so they can clean up the yard. Since, you know, that's the dogs' bathroom...

They've taken over the living room! On the floor is Dusty the Pomeranian, the two Cardigans are (my dog) Allison and Cadbury, and the Pembroke is Ginger.

Best of Friends.

I think Allison was jealous of all the camera time Cadbury was getting.

Ginger claimed her own recliner. :3:

And poor Dusty doesn't get a chair. :(

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
During the week of dog-sitting, my parents heavily hinted that they would be happy if Ginger found herself liking our house. So, we did what anyone would do in such a situation, took her as our own. :3

We have re-dubbed her Gingerby Wigglebottom. A fitting name, I think.

Ginger seems happy about the arrangement.

Click here for the full 684x912 image.

She pretty much just plays lookout for squirrels, rabbits, etc. from the porch. If any neighbors come out or she sees wildlife, though, you'd be surprised how fast she can get down those stairs.

Allison likes the arrangement.

Overall, Ginger's just a pretty chill dog.

Yup, a pretty chill dog.

Bonus Allison-in-baby-pool picture!

Aesion
Mar 14, 2010

Pictures of Kelvin when he was a puppy

Kelvin fully grown chillin' on the porch with the border collie

Fathom
Mar 11, 2005

Damn Kids!
After looking for a good breeder for a while, we got super lucky and found one a few miles from our house. We wanted to wait for a litter of puppies, however our breeder was looking to place a few of her Cardigans. We fell in love with Violet and have her at home for a few week trial. Hopefully she'll want to adopt us. :3:

Crappy cell phone pics, but just had to share.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Click here for the full 480x640 image.

The pembroke in this picture is my girlfriend's, but she stays at her parent's house. Yay for making new friends. :dance:

While they're playing and having fun, my cat is under the bed being a grumpy jerk :ssj:. Violet hasn't barked or even really payed much attention to him. She was socialized with cats early on and seems totally :waycool:. It will just take time for him to chill out and realize she isn't Napoleon coming to conquer his land. The hope and dream is one day they will chill together on the bed watching TV like the picture a few posts earlier.

Fathom fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 3, 2010

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Alright corgi fans. I am dumping ALL of my Milhouse pics. So. Enjoy.

Click here for the full 1016x760 image.

Mil's life vest because hes not good at doggy paddling :(

You will wear it because it is HALLOWEEN.

Click here for the full 601x804 image.

When he doesn't get fed, he plays with his water to get attention.

Click here for the full 1072x804 image.

Nice belt.

Click here for the full 1400x1050 image.

He loves to dig holes to lay in at the beach. That and be lazy.

This was after we turned on the A/C.

Mil doesn't like playing dress up. At all.

Collar came pre-popped.

I'm not sure why he has a look of terror on his face. Maybe because Cloe was about to sit on him.

City-dog face.

Ringo Star Get fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 4, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octofoot
Jul 16, 2008

Ringo Star Get posted:

You will wear it because it is HALLOWEEN.

I have never ever seen a corgi in a banana costume look happy. Ever.

• Locked thread