Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

For both wheels? Take off the rear while on the center, then put some weight on the rear seat and some blocks of wood under the SSSA hub then remove front wheel. Its what I would do.
Good call. I think my rear tire is leaking and I figure I may as well just replace them both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

Uthor posted:

Yeah, that's probably it. I may have spilled some coolant down there last time I took the valve cover off.

I went to pull the spark plugs to see if they offered any clues to my problems. The left one took way more force to remove than I expected, which is weird 'cause I torque it down properly with a torque wrench. I get it out and think I found the cause of my woes.

Click here for the full 900x1200 image.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

(I was having some problem getting proper focus, so the images are blurry.)

Now I know what my problem is, but I don't know what caused this damage. I also don't know if there's damage further down (cylinder, valves, etc).

For comparison, here's the other spark plug.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Looks a little dark to me, but I'm not really sure.

You have a serious lean condition on that side, that is a classic "burndown" and you are right to be concerned. For some reason, that cylinder isn't getting a proper fuel charge, enough to ignite and burn that plug but the heat involved will burn right through the piston if you let it go.
I'd check the carb for a blocked jet circut, probably the main side, and leaks around the intake boot. You'll want to do a compression test to see if your piston is fuxored, the reason the plug came out hard is that aluminum has vaporized and condensed on the exposed plug threads. I wish the news was better.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Binge posted:

2 questions:

- When my bike starts up cold, it needs a while before the blinkers start to work. Why is that? It starts and idles perfectly fine, it just takes 5-10mins before they start to actually blink. Kind of annoying if I have people waiting for me, but I refuse to go out on the streets without them functioning.

- Is this Clymer Honda manual good to purchase? I'm an absolute newbie to mechanical things, and the official manual seems to be at least double the price, so I opted for this, and bought it.

It's a '83 Honda Shadow 500cc by the way.

What's your battery voltage with the bike off, and the bike running and reved to 1/3rd of total RPM or 3k, whichever is higher?

The cylmer is good, probably better than the factory manual as the factory manual makes some assumptions about your skill level as a mechanic.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Gnomad posted:

I wish the news was better.

Hey, at least I know where the problem is. I was worried I wouldn't find anything, leaving me with a bike that doesn't run for reasons I can't figure out.

Now it's on to scary things like carbs and engine internals. Actually, if the piston is hosed, I'm probably better off just letting a pro deal with it.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Today sucked. I was cooking along on der scooter, up on one of those gigantic sweeping ramps that connect highways to other highways. I had it tucked in doing 60-65 and soon as it tucked it began to .. for lack of a better word shimmy, didn't settle down until I stood the bike back up, so now I get to figure out exactly WTF is wrong with my machine. The suspension has never been setup especially well, so I suspect it's probably further suspension troubles, but have any of you guys had experience with this? Serious lateral bike shake in a turn? The steering didn't feel like it was shaking in my hands so much as ... the entire loving bike. I already checked the wheel bearing front and rear- they seem alright so, yeah, big pain in my rear end. Thanks.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

PadreScout posted:

Today sucked. I was cooking along on der scooter, up on one of those gigantic sweeping ramps that connect highways to other highways. I had it tucked in doing 60-65 and soon as it tucked it began to .. for lack of a better word shimmy, didn't settle down until I stood the bike back up, so now I get to figure out exactly WTF is wrong with my machine. The suspension has never been setup especially well, so I suspect it's probably further suspension troubles, but have any of you guys had experience with this? Serious lateral bike shake in a turn? The steering didn't feel like it was shaking in my hands so much as ... the entire loving bike. I already checked the wheel bearing front and rear- they seem alright so, yeah, big pain in my rear end. Thanks.

Was it a fast shake, or just a general feeling on instability? How are your tires looking? Tread, pressure?

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!

PadreScout posted:

Is it happening constantly or did it happen only once ? Wavy pavement on a turn leads to exactly this sensation...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

PadreScout posted:

Wavy pavement, bad tires/pressures, suspension, head bearings.

But were you really tight on the bars? Because that'll do it too.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Z3n posted:

Wavy pavement, bad tires/pressures, suspension, head bearings.

But were you really tight on the bars? Because that'll do it too.

Naw, I tend to just push on the inside bar and let my outside hand just hold the throttle ( in this case, left hander), I'm pretty loose on the steering.

The entire bike felt insecure. Tire pressure are fine, head bearing I haven't checked- I'll have to check my bookmarks but I recall K75s have some known issue about that poo poo, and the shake was rapid, like.... well , the closest I can equate it to is when you drive, and you get into slick stuff, you know how you get the sensation the car is "snapping" back and forth- a bit like that snap when tires grab and the back end suddenly changes direction, only quickly back and forth. In bike terms it was most similar too a really rapid wobble, only the track wasn't changing, it was just .... coming through the seat and bars. I dunno, I've never experienced a sensation like this before. I've ridden that road before and it was fine, maybe something got spilled or ... the pavement is all hosed or something- it looked fine, clear skys, no wet pavement, plenty of light and the condision of the road looked fine... I'm stumped.

Binge
Feb 23, 2001

Just 2 days ago I posted that my 83 Honda Shadow starts and idles just fine. Now that has changed! But I have my manual coming tomorrow, and my neighbor who is decent with such stuff coming by too.

I'm actually kind of excited to try and diagnose and fix my first real issue. It barely starts, and when it does, it idles kinda rough, and if i give it any throttle, it immediately dies. I've had it hooked up to my cars' battery to keep recharging its own. So i'm assuming the battery being the problem is out of the equation. The spark plugs I guess are fairly new (i've only had the bike for 5 days). But I did spend those 5 days putting at least 250 miles or so on it. So this is definitely out of the blue.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
So I took my battery out to test a starting issue, and one of those stupid nuts securing the battery wire in place, when loosened from the screw, fell out. I can't find it anymore. Where could I find one of those small nuts to buy to fit my battery terminal screws (any specifications)?

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Maybe found a solution to my bikes weirdness. From what the internet says- my tires .. Metzler Laser somethings are absolute poo poo and most K guys won't put them on their bike. Well- guess what mine came with.

Yeah, time to do some tire shopping.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
K bikes react poorly to worn tires and head bearing problems, and they really dislike squared off tires. Mine would just about slap a person silly-they did have a bad rap for tankslappers in the early days.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Gnomad posted:

K bikes react poorly to worn tires and head bearing problems, and they really dislike squared off tires. Mine would just about slap a person silly-they did have a bad rap for tankslappers in the early days.

Yeah, now that I know what I am looking for- the tires are trying to murder me. According to the MOA forums the hot ticket these days are Metzeler 880s. So I'll give a set of those a shot.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Can you get Michelin Pilot Roads in a size that'll fit? They've got a sharper profile, which will help if they don't like squaring off.

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

Binge posted:

Just 2 days ago I posted that my 83 Honda Shadow starts and idles just fine. Now that has changed! But I have my manual coming tomorrow, and my neighbor who is decent with such stuff coming by too.

I'm actually kind of excited to try and diagnose and fix my first real issue. It barely starts, and when it does, it idles kinda rough, and if i give it any throttle, it immediately dies. I've had it hooked up to my cars' battery to keep recharging its own. So i'm assuming the battery being the problem is out of the equation. The spark plugs I guess are fairly new (i've only had the bike for 5 days). But I did spend those 5 days putting at least 250 miles or so on it. So this is definitely out of the blue.

I'm a total motorcycle nub but I'm gonna take a stab at diagnosing - carb issue.

What do the smarter folks think?

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

PadreScout posted:

Maybe found a solution to my bikes weirdness. From what the internet says- my tires .. Metzler Laser somethings are absolute poo poo and most K guys won't put them on their bike. Well- guess what mine came with.

Yeah, time to do some tire shopping.

The garbage IRC tires that came stock on my bike make a similar sensation when you're leaned way over. It almost feels like they are losing traction and regaining it many times in rapid succession.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Binge posted:

Out of gas?

Motorcycle batteries don't charge at idle.

Also, does it run ok if you leave the car battery connected while you run it?

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

frozenphil posted:

The garbage IRC tires that came stock on my bike make a similar sensation when you're leaned way over. It almost feels like they are losing traction and regaining it many times in rapid succession.

Yeah, that's about what mine did. So I'm hunting for a good price on a set of 880s , the K bike guys seem to like them well enough.

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Can you get Michelin Pilot Roads in a size that'll fit? They've got a sharper profile, which will help if they don't like squaring off.

I'll look, but probably not- the K75 uses some squirrely rear end narrow tire thats a huge pain in the rear end to find rubber for, I'll look though, maybe I'll get lucky.

EDIT: Front 100/90-18
Back 130/90-17

loving weird rear end tires.

PadreScout fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 19, 2010

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I'm back searching for a little more electrical system guidance. For reference:

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Dear A.I.,

Please diagnose my bike problem.

It was riding around just fine until one evening when it wouldn't start. I did the trick where you put it into 2nd, push it fast, then pop the clutch, and it started just fine. I assumed the battery was dead, so I bought a new battery and put that in. Started without issues for 2 weeks or so, then one day it just didn't start again. I couldn't get it to start by doing the push thing. I pulled the battery out, charged it, and it then the bike started right up. Now to me this says alternator, but I'm not even entirely sure there is an alternator IN motorcycles. Am I right in my evaluation, or is it some other part?

Yours Truly,
The Wonder Weapon

PS it's a 98 honda cbr600 f3

I have since purchased a voltmeter, and took a few measurements. 3 days ago, while it was running, the battery was ~12.5v at rest, and ~13.5v-14.5v at idle. Today, it doesn't start. The battery is reading about 11.5v sitting on my desk. At first, it wouldn't start, but it was definitely trying. You could tell the battery was dead. I popped the clutch and it started up. I got almost all the way home and it just cuts off while sitting at a red light. I didn't stall it or anything; I was just sitting there and it shut off. After that, nothing. It doesn't try to start, and popping the clutch does nothing. I'm guessing that what is occurring is the battery doesn't charge properly, to where it won't start the bike. At that point, you can start it by popping the clutch, but shortly after, the battery just loses all charge and the electrical system on the bike just shuts down entirely, even while running. At this point, you just have to remove and charge the battery. Now before I start tearing things apart and checking all the connections, I'm hoping someone can accurately diagnose the problem, and point to a single part I can purchase and replace. My work schedule, paired with my general lack of knowledge about most of this, and the fact that I have nobody to help me, makes any sort of work on the bike difficult, especially something potentially time consuming with no definitive answer in sight. For reference, it's a 1998 Honda CBR600 F3.

also 2 quickies: It seems that taking off the gas tank means all the gas inside is going to come pouring out. Is that correct? Also, I've been putting 93 octane gas in the tank. I can't seem to find the proper gas type on google or the manual I have.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

also 2 quickies: It seems that taking off the gas tank means all the gas inside is going to come pouring out. Is that correct? Also, I've been putting 93 octane gas in the tank. I can't seem to find the proper gas type on google or the manual I have.
PRI, ON, OFF or ON, RES, OFF (I don't know that I've seen one marked like this, but I suppose it's *possible*) are self explanatory.
However, if your petcock has PRI, ON, RES settings, then I can see the confusion. It will only flow fuel without vacuum applied in the PRI position. ON and RES won't flow fuel unless you (or the bike) suck on the vacuum line.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'm back searching for a little more electrical system guidance. For reference:

I have since purchased a voltmeter, and took a few measurements. 3 days ago, while it was running, the battery was ~12.5v at rest, and ~13.5v-14.5v at idle. Today, it doesn't start. The battery is reading about 11.5v sitting on my desk. At first, it wouldn't start, but it was definitely trying. You could tell the battery was dead. I popped the clutch and it started up. I got almost all the way home and it just cuts off while sitting at a red light. I didn't stall it or anything; I was just sitting there and it shut off. After that, nothing. It doesn't try to start, and popping the clutch does nothing. I'm guessing that what is occurring is the battery doesn't charge properly, to where it won't start the bike. At that point, you can start it by popping the clutch, but shortly after, the battery just loses all charge and the electrical system on the bike just shuts down entirely, even while running. At this point, you just have to remove and charge the battery. Now before I start tearing things apart and checking all the connections, I'm hoping someone can accurately diagnose the problem, and point to a single part I can purchase and replace. My work schedule, paired with my general lack of knowledge about most of this, and the fact that I have nobody to help me, makes any sort of work on the bike difficult, especially something potentially time consuming with no definitive answer in sight. For reference, it's a 1998 Honda CBR600 F3.

Yes, either your stator or your regulator/rectifier is toast. First, I'd check all the connections for corrosion, damage, or melting. Then, check the 3 wires coming off the stator with the multimeter in AC Volts mode. You should see 45v AC from each one.

If you do, and the wiring is all intact from the stator to the R/R and you're still not getting charging voltage at 5k at the battery, then chances are your R/R fried. It's a plug and play part, they're known for burning out.

Any questions, chime up :)

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Jabs posted:

PRI, ON, OFF or ON, RES, OFF (I don't know that I've seen one marked like this, but I suppose it's *possible*) are self explanatory.
However, if your petcock has PRI, ON, RES settings, then I can see the confusion. It will only flow fuel without vacuum applied in the PRI position. ON and RES won't flow fuel unless you (or the bike) suck on the vacuum line.

Mine is On, Off, and Res. So if I put it to On or Res and disconnect the tank, there won't be some tube pouring gas everywhere?

edit: Sorry for dub post

The Wonder Weapon fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 19, 2010

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Z3n posted:

Yes, either your stator or your regulator/rectifier is toast. First, I'd check all the connections for corrosion, damage, or melting. Then, check the 3 wires coming off the stator with the multimeter in AC Volts mode. You should see 45v AC from each one.

I'm assuming this is at idle?

quote:

If you do, and the wiring is all intact from the stator to the R/R and you're still not getting charging voltage at 5k at the battery, then chances are your R/R fried. It's a plug and play part, they're known for burning out.

Any questions, chime up :)

This is what I'm looking for, right?
http://www.artandmotorcycles.com/servlet/the-6863/Honda-CBR600-'91-dsh-'00-regulator/Detail

I also want to thank all of you guys. You are expediently and thoroughly helpful, and I don't know where else I could get this kind of assistance, especially free.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'm assuming this is at idle?

This is what I'm looking for, right?
http://www.artandmotorcycles.com/servlet/the-6863/Honda-CBR600-'91-dsh-'00-regulator/Detail

I also want to thank all of you guys. You are expediently and thoroughly helpful, and I don't know where else I could get this kind of assistance, especially free.

Sorry, my mistake: Check them with the bike reved to 5k. A motorcycle's charging circuit doesn't make any power at low RPM. You should see a consistent anywhere from 40-50v.

And yeah, that looks about right. Not sure what the exact setup is on that year of bike, but that's the right looking part at least.

Edit: We're here to help and enjoy the fine comedy of JTS.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Mine is On, Off, and Res. So if I put it to On or Res and disconnect the tank, there won't be some tube pouring gas everywhere?

No. If it's got an OFF, it's most likely not a vacuum operated petcock and you should have it at OFF when you disconnect it.

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

I'm guessing that what is occurring is the battery doesn't charge properly, to where it won't start the bike. At that point, you can start it by popping the clutch, but shortly after, the battery just loses all charge and the electrical system on the bike just shuts down entirely, even while running.

Just a quick note, one of two things could be happening. Either your stator is hosed and your battery is not receiving a charge at all, which would cause a situation that you describe here. BUT, your rectifier could also be bad, meaning that the stator is supplying a charge, but without the rectifier to regulate it, the battery receives way too much juice and instead of losing charge, it just gets cooked. The result is the same, the bike will die suddenly and will not turn back on. The difference is, if your battery is getting cooked, you also risk blowing fuses, bulbs, and stuff of that nature when the battery fails. You'll also notice a sulphuric odor emanating from the battery if it's well and truly cooked. And of course, hooking a cooked battery up to a tender will not charge it up much since the battery is basically done.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Just a quick note, one of two things could be happening. Either your stator is hosed and your battery is not receiving a charge at all, which would cause a situation that you describe here. BUT, your rectifier could also be bad, meaning that the stator is supplying a charge, but without the rectifier to regulate it, the battery receives way too much juice and instead of losing charge, it just gets cooked. The result is the same, the bike will die suddenly and will not turn back on. The difference is, if your battery is getting cooked, you also risk blowing fuses, bulbs, and stuff of that nature when the battery fails. You'll also notice a sulphuric odor emanating from the battery if it's well and truly cooked. And of course, hooking a cooked battery up to a tender will not charge it up much since the battery is basically done.

The typical failure mode for a R/R seems to actually be to not feed DC power at all. The failure mode you describe does occur but seems to be less common for whatever reason.

It's easy to see if it's charging or not, just slap the multimeter on the battery and see what voltage you get. If it's over 14.5v, then yes, your battery is getting cooked. Usually that's not the case though.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
A multimeter with a diode test function can diagnose a failed r/r in about 15 seconds.

http://www.electrosport.com/technical-resources/library/diagnosis/pdf/diode-testing-guide.pdf

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
does any one know the stock jetting on a drz 400e? We're going to be putting the stock exhaust back on becky's bike and I want to make sure we're starting at square 1.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Alright I got the bike home and did a little tinkering with the voltmeter, and here is what I got.

The battery at rest, charged to probably 75%-90%, shows 12.2v. While the bike is idling at ~1.5k, it's 11.7v. With the RPMs at about 5k, the battery still shows 11.7v. (This seems significant)

Then I measured the wires on this thing with the bike off:

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Between the Green and Red, it was 12.2v. Between the Green and Yellow and Yellow and Red, it was 0.

I didn't touch this thing:

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

There was a spider living in this thing:

It crawled out when I started playing with it, and when I took it out, there was a thick web with a dead spider underneath. It was kind of sad. (This seems significant.)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

If you look at the left side of the bike, you should see 3 yellow or black wires coming out of the stator cover. Disconnect that connector, and check the voltage with the bike reved to 5k between the wires...ie, check wires 1-2 against each other, 2-3 against each other, and 1-3 against each other. If it's around 40-50v AC on each check, you're good. If it's not, your stator has failed. If your stator checks out good, then you need to check the wiring from the stator to the R/R, if that checks out, replace the R/R and you should be charging again :)

The thing you didn't touch is the ECU (not the problem), and the thing with the cooling vanes on it is the R/R. Usually the failure is your R/R, but better to check and be sure...nothing sucks more than replacing the wrong part (i've done that before...)

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Z3n posted:

If you look at the left side of the bike, you should see 3 yellow or black wires coming out of the stator cover. Disconnect that connector, and check the voltage with the bike reved to 5k between the wires...ie, check wires 1-2 against each other, 2-3 against each other, and 1-3 against each other. If it's around 40-50v AC on each check, you're good. If it's not, your stator has failed. If your stator checks out good, then you need to check the wiring from the stator to the R/R, if that checks out, replace the R/R and you should be charging again :)

The thing you didn't touch is the ECU (not the problem), and the thing with the cooling vanes on it is the R/R. Usually the failure is your R/R, but better to check and be sure...nothing sucks more than replacing the wrong part (i've done that before...)

Ok but I need a 2nd pair of hands for this, so it will have to wait a day or two.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ok but I need a 2nd pair of hands for this, so it will have to wait a day or two.

Yeah eventually you get really good at balancing the multimeter on the seat, the connector and pins in one hand, and reving with your other hand. :v:

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.
Any ideas on this? When my Warrior is cold, like running less than around 5 minutes, it stalls when I'm braking and kick it down into first as I come to a stop.

It starts right up again, and it idles fine, just keeps stalling at that first stoplight as I exit my neighborhood. I'm usually in third, brake and blip-shift down to second, then as I'm still braking, at about 10-15mph, I let off the gas, pull the clutch, kick it into first, and it dies.

Once well warmed up, there's zero problems.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

chryst posted:

Any ideas on this? When my Warrior is cold, like running less than around 5 minutes, it stalls when I'm braking and kick it down into first as I come to a stop.

It starts right up again, and it idles fine, just keeps stalling at that first stoplight as I exit my neighborhood. I'm usually in third, brake and blip-shift down to second, then as I'm still braking, at about 10-15mph, I let off the gas, pull the clutch, kick it into first, and it dies.

Once well warmed up, there's zero problems.

My dad has a Warrior too and his does the same thing. However when I ride the motorcycle it doesn't happen to me. So my first question is are you running stock exhaust or aftermarket? Second is, how aggressive are you driving when this happens? I putter around on the bike and pops guns the poo poo out of it and it dies on him. Plus he has straight pipes so I think the answer lies in the computer not being tuned for the new exhaust but this is just a guess.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.

Coredump posted:

My dad has a Warrior too and his does the same thing. However when I ride the motorcycle it doesn't happen to me. So my first question is are you running stock exhaust or aftermarket? Second is, how aggressive are you driving when this happens? I putter around on the bike and pops guns the poo poo out of it and it dies on him. Plus he has straight pipes so I think the answer lies in the computer not being tuned for the new exhaust but this is just a guess.
Good to know it's not just me, cause that sounds like it's at least not a mechanical thing that'll get worse.

Yeah, it's got the V&H Big Shots exhaust. Not straight pipes, but they flow more than the stock. I baby my bikes when they're cold, but maybe it'll help to not blip into second.

Thanks for the info. Guess I have an excuse to get a power commander now, huh?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

chryst posted:

Good to know it's not just me, cause that sounds like it's at least not a mechanical thing that'll get worse.

Yeah, it's got the V&H Big Shots exhaust. Not straight pipes, but they flow more than the stock. I baby my bikes when they're cold, but maybe it'll help to not blip into second.

Thanks for the info. Guess I have an excuse to get a power commander now, huh?

That's what I would guess but rswarrior.com forums may have the answer for you, if you love MURICA. Here and svrider spoiled me and I forgot what other motorcycle forums are like.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

Z3n posted:

Yeah eventually you get really good at balancing the multimeter on the seat, the connector and pins in one hand, and reving with your other hand. :v:

The only things bullet connectors are good for are holding probes in place :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The NonBornKing
Jun 25, 2007
Early one mornin' while makin' the rounds, I took a shot o' cocaine and I shot my woman down.

UserNotFound posted:

The only things bullet connectors are good for are holding probes in place :D

Alligator clips are where it's at yo.