Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

doo doo doo I won't get off the spawn island doo doo doo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X359DyEMiWE

Okay someone is going to have to explain to me what is going on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

CAPTAIN poo poo posted:

So do the marriages that have broken up over WoW guildmates hooking up.. do those count as griefing?

I'm not sure but I think an in-game funeral was griefed before being held for a real person that died.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

MageMage posted:

I'm not sure but I think an in-game funeral was griefed before being held for a real person that died.

There was: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_og14JAlBk

brm
Mar 8, 2010

MageMage posted:

I'm still unsure if she died or if the whole thing was an MMO drama act.

^^^^^^ The youtube comments are still amazing. Do people actually say things like "for the horde" "eat that horde scum alliance pwns" ?

brm fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 19, 2010

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

brm posted:

^^^^^^ The youtube comments are still amazing. Do people actually say things like "for the horde" "eat that horde scum alliance pwns" ?

Yes, a couple of my friends used to be big into WoW and they would say poo poo like this all the time.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

MageMage posted:

In that Bad Company 2 map, the attacking team spawns on an island and has to take boats and jetskis to the mainland to attack the objective. In order to win, the attacking team needs to rush the objectives. That sniper, instead of doing something useful, was staying at the spawn point and trying to snipe the defenders from across the map, which is stupid, because the defending team has unlimited lives, and most people who snipe like this barely kill anyone. So this person was harassing the sniper by blocking his view. Also, that star wars techno song about wookies was playing because the snipers in their ghillie suits kind of look like wookies.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

MageMage posted:

Snipers are (mostly) useless pieces of poo poo who nurse their K/D ratio and do nothing to help their team win.

He's jumping in front of the sniper so he cant see to shoot anyone. Also fun, spamming smoke grenades in their face or repeatedly stabbing them so their scope jumps.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
There are these Roleplaying maps on Warcraft 3 that some people take really seriously.
It also essentially gives you free domain over the game.
It's fun to see the reactions when you spawn countless Neutral Hostile-controlled Archimondes in the middle of the base they're trying to make.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

WC3 roleplaying maps are griefs on their own. Not only do griefers LOVE roleplaying, but every RP map in WC3 has at least one (usually several) super overpowered sides seemingly designed for griefing. People play that poo poo, get griefed, whine for half an hour, then start a new game and do the same thing, ad infinitum.

EDIT: I'm gonna go play some WC3.

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT

sitchelin posted:

There was: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_og14JAlBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw

Link the original because they annoted all the poo poo you can't read.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

I Love You! posted:

However amazing 4 str 4 stam leather belt and Duke Nukem are, nothing beats LINDSEY in my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfhzTCwWzdE

Lindsey is one of my favorite youtube vids of all time. Nerds have no defense against a girl APPARENTLY

This is from forever and year ago, but what the hell is that audio clip from? I seriously have to know what skeleton pilot dude is laughing about. Other than the explosion and all. and oh god that will be the best ringtone ever.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

SpookyLizard posted:

This is from forever and year ago, but what the hell is that audio clip from? I seriously have to know what skeleton pilot dude is laughing about. Other than the explosion and all. and oh god that will be the best ringtone ever.

I think the skeleton pilot is a clip from Pearl Jam's Do The Evolution video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI about 2:56

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

CaptainJuan posted:

I think the skeleton pilot is a clip from Pearl Jam's Do The Evolution video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI about 2:56

Thanks. I thought it was from some anime/cartoon because the maniacal laughter sync'd so well to the skeleton.

ScreamingNinja
Oct 2, 2004
An Awesome Dude

FoF posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw

Link the original because they annoted all the poo poo you can't read.

These wow funeral griefs remind me of the good ol Planet Side carpet bombing... of a funeral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x_WLbjNDcg

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I can't believe that guy actually said 'rofl' halfway through the clip.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

ScreamingNinja posted:

These wow funeral griefs remind me of the good ol Planet Side carpet bombing... of a funeral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x_WLbjNDcg

On daoc-excal some guy died and they decided to do the in game funeral thing..in emain macha, the zone where 99% of the pvp in the game took place. They got like 300 people to show up and stand in a huge circle when one guild showed up with an aoe heavy group and killed most of them in a minute.

Sadly the forums the server used are long gone because the threads on it were hilarious.

Zenodice
Mar 16, 2005
Oderint Dum Metuant

SpookyLizard posted:

That audio portion is commonly known as the WTF Bomb, just google or youtube it, you'll find it pretty easy.

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks
I recently got a hefty suspension from secondlife because the moderators just found out that for the last few months I have been standing around newbie areas and handing out simcrashers to newbies and telling them they are magical money/clothing machines they just have to rez on the ground and click.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Ephrum posted:

I recently got a hefty suspension from secondlife because the moderators just found out that for the last few months I have been standing around newbie areas and handing out simcrashers to newbies and telling them they are magical money/clothing machines they just have to rez on the ground and click.

You are gorgeous I love you.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is a simcrasher literally just an item that crashes the game?

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Ephrum posted:

Care to enlighten me and others on how to make said device?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Cbouncerrun posted:

Is a simcrasher literally just an item that crashes the game?

There are several version of that, either though the grey goo model or simply making a zone unbearable to be in.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

If anything, he's doing the world a service by keeping people away from Second Life. Give this man a medal!

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks
Simcrashers can be made many many ways but the end result is always taking entire regions offline. The nasty ones are the ones that keep them down that require some rear end in a top hat behind a desk to manually reset the regions.

The quick and dirty way to make a simcrasher that was explained to me by some PN guy named sovot is to take the basic house out of the library, shift drag it to make a copy. Shift drag it until you have around 100 copies of the same house in the same exact position. You then select all, set to physical and de-link. (DON'T DE-SELECT THEM OH GOD DON'T) You take the group of objects save as "bullet" and put it in a popgun as the bullet. This is the quick and dirty "I don't care if I get banned look at all this evidence I left everywhere" sort of simcrasher. There are better ones that sever the connection with the asset server by requesting a shitload of sound assets that don't exist and then the asset server sort of has a brainfart and severs the link to the region leading to a crash. There are physics based crashers and ways to crash individual people using malformed animation files. An object that I have been trying to get my hands on is called a "blue planet" which is a sculpted sphere with a wonky inside, whenever you drag it around someone or they cam into it it makes their computer wig out and crashes the client. Some nastier ones can cause permanent damage to video cards due to the unnatural amount of heat that is generated when processing them.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Ephrum posted:

Some nastier ones can cause permanent damage to video cards due to the unnatural amount of heat that is generated when processing them.

Jesus christ it's like the wild west of internet.

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks
Also FelixMeOneMoreTime, you are doing it totally wrong. The idea is to get them to cyber over voice, record their voice chat then clip everything up into neat 10 second clips, upload the clips and give them to his closest friends and really, anyone who wants them. Many many items have been made by the recordings of old perverted guy, psyche bashley. Shoes that make a gross old man "mmmmm" when you walk, items that are designed to look like avatars that just say gross disgusting things, bullets, gestures. When a griffer brings home a half hour recording of a middle aged man masturbating over mic that whole thing is cut up and used for a variety of things, for a while there was a techno song floating around that used voice samples from those.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Yeah but the catch is you would be listening to a gross old man masturbating for half an hour.
Jesus.

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks
That's why I never did it personally, just lovingly craft items that make use of the soundclips.

One night I made a go-kart that made various sexual grunts and groans instead of engine noises and drove it around a busy racing sim.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
second life taints all who touch it

even the griefers are not safe

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ, I'm giggling like a schoolgirl.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Ephrum posted:

An object that I have been trying to get my hands on is called a "blue planet" which is a sculpted sphere with a wonky inside, whenever you drag it around someone or they cam into it it makes their computer wig out and crashes the client.

This is amazing and is the only time I've ever been remotely interested in anything regarding Second Life, not counting that naked dude with the giant floppy dong running around with a FREE HUGS sign.

The_Hatt
Apr 29, 2005

Ephrum posted:

Some nastier ones can cause permanent damage to video cards due to the unnatural amount of heat that is generated when processing them.

I remember one like this called Cool Shoes, which were about 500 hollow twisted toruses worn on the feet and about 10 meters underground. They didn't do any lasting damage, but if you were playing with rendering on, they would crash your client immediately. They were great for when I didn't want to talk to people.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Ephrum posted:

That's why I never did it personally, just lovingly craft items that make use of the soundclips.

One night I made a go-kart that made various sexual grunts and groans instead of engine noises and drove it around a busy racing sim.
that's fuckin' awesome.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
When i tried Second Life some guy just gave me a "lolgun"

It shot a self-replicating cube adorned with Spongebob and it made the most incredibly annoying sound. It crashed the whole sim and i was banned soon afterwards :mad:

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks

Forest Fuckery posted:

When i tried Second Life some guy just gave me a "lolgun"

It shot a self-replicating cube adorned with Spongebob and it made the most incredibly annoying sound. It crashed the whole sim and i was banned soon afterwards :mad:

There are clients out there that spoof mac and ip addresses so you don't have to manually change them when hardware banned. Inertia, Imprudence, Thuglyfe, I would recommend Imprudence because Inertia is still in beta and thuglyfe is most likely full of trojans.

FelixMeOneMoreTime
May 11, 2010
Woodbury University (I think that's its name anyway) is a good place to get sim crashers from. I think it's run by goons and the griefing kits are pretty good, although they are well known now by most furries so they ban you quickly. That's why I moved onto targetted espionage.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Ephrum posted:

Trykt posted:

This is amazing and is the only time I've ever been remotely interested in anything regarding Second Life, not counting that naked dude with the giant floppy dong running around with a FREE HUGS sign.

It's amazing that I've never set foot in Second Life, yet I consider it to be the most magnificent grounds for griefing(with EVE perhaps a close second) due to stories like these. Nothing makes me bust out laughing as much as SL stories.

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

Woodbury University (I think that's its name anyway) is a good place to get sim crashers from. I think it's run by goons and the griefing kits are pretty good, although they are well known now by most furries so they ban you quickly. That's why I moved onto targetted espionage.

gently caress you rubbing salt in the wound, Woodbury was nuked from SL Voted5 style on 4/20 this year. It didn;t have as many goons as w-hat and was an invite only group that had a lot of 4chans in it.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Space Station 13 has always been one of my favorite griefing games. Some things I've done in that game or have seen others do:

Ancient builds allowed you to put anything in your inventory, and it was limitless. This meant that you could effectively run around and take every single item necessary for survival and stick them in your pockets.

At one point it was possible to stick closets in your pockets. It was also possible to lock other players in lockers. This effectively meant that you could knock people out, put them in a locker, and then put that locker in your pocket.

Early implementations of the air system were very inefficient. The fastest way to crash a server was simply to open up as many canisters of oxygen as possible and let the host CPU crash. Blowing open Oxygen tanks also had the effect of making players fly around the room. If the air pressure was high enough, you could literally lock people in place.

Heaters used to take forever to siphon and release toxins (I think the limit was about 1000 or so units per second instead of the 1*10^6 or so that it is right now?). A great way to gently caress with people who were trying to make a bomb was to simply reverse the flow before it was done while they were out of the room. This also meant that making a bomb was much more effort-intense, so successfully pulling one off was a pretty big achievement.

There used to be a secret base with a nuclear bomb on it. One really cheap grief would be to simply board the station, set the nuke (I still remember the code: 15915), then use the teleporter to teleport it over to SS13 and laugh as everyone died. Later builds changed the code mostly because I abused this so much.

One way to blow up the entire station with a single bomb (before superheating made it easy and harder to detect) would be to use a bunch of plasma canisters and place a bomb right next to or on top of them. The most efficient way to do this would be to take an escape pod, fly it up into the engine's plasma storage, then use it to transport all the plasma in there to the lowermost part of the engine, unload all the plasma, and then set off a bomb there. This would take out almost all of the station in one stroke. It took about half an hour to set up though, so you had to go out of your way to secure the engine or you'd be captured by any Security Officer who knew how to do his job (but this almost never happened, so most of the time you were pretty safe).

Sometimes me and a few friends would set certain "objectives" for ourselves to gently caress with everyone else. This could range from ejecting the engine, to blowing up security, to killing certain officers, to turning everyone else in the station into women and escaping with them in captivity in the escape shuttle to "sell them into slavery later". The last one we only ever did once or twice because :effort:. It started as a way to make fun of someone else I knew who played the game because he sounded like a girl over the phone.

Then there's just the simple stuff like: Welding people in lockers and jettisoning them into space, smacking people over the head with blunt objects for no reason until they die, blowing up a court room with everyone inside after about half an hour was spent painstakingly setting up a proper trial for once, replacing all of the emergency oxygen in oxy tanks with plasma, injecting people with toxin cocktails, starting fires that engulf half the station, viciously abusing my power as a Security Officer to lock everyone in the brig (I actually find it more fun to properly roleplay in a Security Officer position because the reactions of everyone going "holy crap someone is actually doing his job?!" kind of amuse me), using a hand teleporter to purposefully teleport people into space as they run through the halls, starting mutinies and riots using such justifications as "those bastards at Nanotrasen didn't even give us bathrooms!", scuttling all the spare supplies into space then taking apart the outer walls, and just generally going around and being a dick.

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

No Safe Word posted:

Not video game griefing but I thought you guys might enjoy this guy trolling the crap out of local news stations with his "yo-yo mastery" (he's terrible at it):
http://deadspin.com/5535220/fake-yo+yo-trickster-fools-every-tv-station-everywhere

This is the greatest loving thing I've ever seen.

• Locked thread