Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.

roffle posted:

I don't know what JC2 is but the map in this is loving massive. Maybe like Fallout 3 size, I dunno I didn't play that game too much, but it puts GTA4 and San Andreas to shame

I'm 90% sure it's bigger than Fallout 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I'm guessing San Andreas is bigger. It may seem smaller, but your whipping around in a car the whole time. Try riding it on a horse and it'll seem a lot bigger.

Jarofmoldymayo
Mar 5, 2008
When is the DLC due out?

HURR NEVERMIND I CAN'T READ.

:haw:

Jarofmoldymayo fucked around with this message at 10:58 on May 29, 2010

northerain
Apr 8, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Has anyone tried lassoing a deer?
You can hold them if you're on horseback but if you step down from the horse it's going to drag you for a short distance.

BFL1989
Oct 21, 2008
I love the newspaper you get after the story is finished, tying pretty much all loose ends: (feel free to read this if your actually give a drat)

-Abraham Reyes is doing an absolutely horrible job as President of Mexico and rules as a tyrant, with his people being starved and slaughtered in the streets
-Marshal Leigh Johnson retires, with plans to "move as far away from Armadillo as possible"
-Irish, in a drunken stupor, accidentally shoots and kills himself in a loving outhouse
-Professor McDougal gets kicked out of Yale after getting into a fistfight with a colleague
-Landon Ricketts dies in his sleep
-Seth actually strikes it rich, finding gold in the hills of New Austin

The lesson that should be learned from RDR is that most of the time life is one fickle bitch. The end.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
I just finished the Mexico missions and went back to Chuparosa because a stranger icon was there and everyone started shooting me!

What the hell?

I thought I was a hero of Mexico by now... :(

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Kiwillian posted:

I just finished the Mexico missions and went back to Chuparosa because a stranger icon was there and everyone started shooting me!
Do you have any unpaid bounties on you?

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Cat Machine posted:

Do you have any unpaid bounties on you?

Pretty sure I didn't at the time but ended up with $140 because of that. Oh well. I'll go try and pay that off (the only place seems to be there) and see what happens.

edit: snuck round the back, payed it (used a pardon since I was maxed out on them), met the stranger and didn't have any more problems, so I guess I picked up a small bounty somehow.

Also, why oh why oh why is it doing the "hero of kvatch" thing. Dear god, nooooo.

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 11:44 on May 29, 2010

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Kiwillian posted:

Also, why oh why oh why is it doing the "hero of kvatch" thing. Dear god, nooooo.

Beats being a hired killer for the Jews :haw:

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

404GoonNotFound posted:

Beats being a hired killer for the Jews :haw:

I guess so. Just had the nun show up with the rosary thing. Took it, put the bandana on and shot her in the back. Marston says "drat, I'm messed up."

You sure are.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Goddammit I've spent two days trying to find cougars in all the places where cougars show up :mad:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I would really love some kind of animal-specific bait to force spawns. I don't mind sacrificing my in-game $$$ to get through the hunter challenges quicker.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Yes! Heard a scream and exclaimed "please let this guy get eaten by cougars". Sure enough, there were two. I should post in this thread about every animal I can't find.

Big Spoon
Jan 29, 2009

Want that feelin'
Need that feelin'
Love that feelin'
Feel that feelin'
Anyone else have a problem with beavers disappearing when you shoot them? I've probably killed a half dozen of them only to have their bodies disappear into the scenery.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Big Spoon posted:

Anyone else have a problem with beavers disappearing when you shoot them? I've probably killed a half dozen of them only to have their bodies disappear into the scenery.

Use a weapon with less power on small animals, otherwise they explode.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

gently caress me.

I racked up a decent bounty in Blackwater to the point that no other cops would show, so I caught the train and rode around on the roof. Shot people and eventually got to McFarlane ranch. Up to about 3K by then. My plan was to go to Armadillo, hole up on a roof and get 5K and use a pardon.

So I'm surfing on my train and wondered, why is it so quiet? Move forward a bit and sure enough I can hear the train now. Except it's the OTHER train coming right through the one I'm on. "DEAD".

gently caress YOU!!! :mad:

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 29, 2010

quietmonkey
Nov 23, 2002

Quasipox posted:

Is it bad that my playtime is currently 2 days 18:27:04?

Unless the game time counter is off, I don't see how I've played that much.
I'm pretty much positive the game time counter can be off because at one point it was telling me I had played for longer than I had actually owned the game.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

quietmonkey posted:

I'm pretty much positive the game time counter can be off because at one point it was telling me I had played for longer than I had actually owned the game.

The "Days Passed" is in-game days if you mean that.

quietmonkey
Nov 23, 2002

Kiwillian posted:

The "Days Passed" is in-game days if you mean that.
I know, and that was a pretty normal number. The game was telling me I had played for over nine days (after owning it less than a week) and spent something like 151 hours playing poker though.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

roffle posted:

Welp did the "bring a bounty back alive" in Chuparosa or whatever for the Bandito outfit and it didn't show up as marked off. That's the first I've seen of any sort of glitches so far, other than the buttons becoming unresponsive after a while when I was wearing the poncho. I'd imagine it'll just show up as done next time I do one
I'm almost certain that you have to bring in a bounty alive who is a member of the Banditos. Personally, I got the bounty from Escalera.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

quietmonkey posted:

I know, and that was a pretty normal number. The game was telling me I had played for over nine days (after owning it less than a week) and spent something like 151 hours playing poker though.

You are so addicted to the game you play it in your sleep, or something :)

(the stat tracking in the game does seem a bit hosed though)

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Double post, but gently caress this. Friends In High Places is BRONZE? Fuuuuck you!

I am so mad at vidya games right now, let me tell you...

... at a camp fire perhaps?

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

The Flying Milton posted:

Yes! Heard a scream and exclaimed "please let this guy get eaten by cougars". Sure enough, there were two. I should post in this thread about every animal I can't find.

Go hang around Repentance Rock at nighttime and you can't go ten feet without one of those bastards swiping at you.

That's more of a warning than anything, to be honest.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Any word on someone finding out the 'hic' drunken cheat yet? :smith:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

simosimo posted:

Any word on someone finding out the 'hic' drunken cheat yet? :smith:

I feel like I was in a bar at one point and there was a phrase carved into the top of it... maybe in Thieve's Den? If so, that ccould be it... would make sense, anyway. I could have just been imagining it or getting it confused with something else, there's just so much stuff in this game, it's all bleeding together into one single nidus of AWESOME.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Kiwillian posted:

I guess so. Just had the nun show up with the rosary thing. Took it, put the bandana on and shot her in the back. Marston says "drat, I'm messed up."

You sure are.

Jesus Christ, how many loving dudes are gonna get the rosary before I do?! :argh:

Super endgame spoilers regarding the Rosary: Can Jack get the rosary? Or only John?

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl
I've just arrived in mexico, and I have to say I'm getting pretty lukewarm towards this game. Sure, if you loved san andreas more than anything in the world ever this might be a fantastic game, but if it weren't for some of the characters, I'd probably trade it in for a gift card or something.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

BlazeKinser posted:

Go hang around Repentance Rock at nighttime and you can't go ten feet without one of those bastards swiping at you.

That's more of a warning than anything, to be honest.

Yeah I'm done with them. Moving on to the next level, I got 5 skunks, 5 foxes and was looking at all the spots for raccoons. Finally found a few and the game froze. Thanks Rockstar. Glad to see you playtest your stuff.

Red Dead Redemption: Rockstar Presents Cabela's Wild West Hunter.

Lilac posted:

I've just arrived in mexico, and I have to say I'm getting pretty lukewarm towards this game. Sure, if you loved san andreas more than anything in the world ever this might be a fantastic game, but if it weren't for some of the characters, I'd probably trade it in for a gift card or something.

I hated San Andreas and loved RDR. For the most part I thought the missions in this were crap. What held me was the setting and the amount of random stuff going on.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Lilac posted:

Objectively, compared to the previous rockstar sandbox games, there isn't that much in this, which is why you've got a lot of people easilly 100%ing it within a week or two of owning it.

The towns are very small and at most contain the same shops with the same wares as every other place and all of the distance between them is vacant desert with a spot of wildlife running about.

The missions were good, and the hunting simlator is not bad, but just about everything else is passable at best.

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

The Flying Milton posted:

I hated San Andreas and loved RDR. For the most part I thought the missions in this were crap. What held me was the setting and the amount of random stuff going on.

This is just it, I can't bring myself to spend days lassoing random people, trampling them, shooting armadillos or become an expert at five finger fillet, because I think I shouldn't need to go around feverishly searching for ways a game could entertain me, when I should be entertained simply by playing it.

Kin posted:

Objectively, compared to the previous rockstar sandbox games, there isn't that much in this, which is why you've got a lot of people easilly 100%ing it within a week or two of owning it.

The towns are very small and at most contain the same shops with the same wares as every other place and all of the distance between them is vacant desert with a spot of wildlife running about.

The missions were good, and the hunting simlator is not bad, but just about everything else is passable at best.

I can't say I'm capable of forming a complete opinion of this game not being far in, but this seems to copy my perception of the game. Copy/paste towns with not much in-between, plus a shitload of camp scenes between missions.

Also, JOHN'S MARRIED. NO HOOKER.

Lilac fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 29, 2010

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Morter posted:

Jesus Christ, how many loving dudes are gonna get the rosary before I do?! :argh:

It does seem like it would be pretty easy to miss the nun who brings you the rosary (although I didn't :smug:) She came running up saying "At last I have found you" just as I was riding out of town; if I had been doing the horsey equivalent of flooring it, it would have been easy to miss her or run her over as I think some people have done.

What we don't seem to know yet is whether or not the nun tries again if you miss the delivery when she appears (or perhaps accidentally grievously murder her).

Fracturus Cactusmas
Sep 5, 2006

Kin posted:

The movies in Blackwater are pretty fun...

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl
Also, the AI has this idea that it's a good plan to fold with 90% of it's chips on the table when asked to go all in. This annoys me more than anything.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Hal Gill username posted:

It does seem like it would be pretty easy to miss the nun who brings you the rosary (although I didn't :smug:) She came running up saying "At last I have found you" just as I was riding out of town; if I had been doing the horsey equivalent of flooring it, it would have been easy to miss her or run her over as I think some people have done.

What we don't seem to know yet is whether or not the nun tries again if you miss the delivery when she appears (or perhaps accidentally grievously murder her).

I was on my way out of town when I saw her. I figured what was up after reading here about it so I jumped off my horse and got it before I nailed that bitch in the back :)

I wasn't even really trying to get all honoured up or anything, so yeah. I made short work of that with my 6.5K+ bounty though...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Son of a bitch, I just hit my first bug. Finally got to Blackwater and did the first mission where you get the High Powered Pistol, then went and saved. Reloaded today and I lost the pistol. :smith:

Is there a way to get it back? If not, then gently caress... don't have any recent saves other than like halfway through Mexico.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

BFL1989 posted:

I love the newspaper you get after the story is finished, tying pretty much all loose ends: (feel free to read this if your actually give a drat)

-Abraham Reyes is doing an absolutely horrible job as President of Mexico and rules as a tyrant, with his people being starved and slaughtered in the streets
-Marshal Leigh Johnson retires, with plans to "move as far away from Armadillo as possible"
-Irish, in a drunken stupor, accidentally shoots and kills himself in a loving outhouse
-Professor McDougal gets kicked out of Yale after getting into a fistfight with a colleague
-Landon Ricketts dies in his sleep
-Seth actually strikes it rich, finding gold in the hills of New Austin

The lesson that should be learned from RDR is that most of the time life is one fickle bitch. The end.

Do we ever find out what happens to Bonnie? Last time we seen her she was pretty: :(

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

err posted:

Do we ever find out what happens to Bonnie? Last time we seen her she was pretty: :(

I'm betting there is a DLC that deals with her father kicking the bucket and brother coming back and trying to swipe the ranch out from under her to build something like an automobile factory. They put too much detail into their family structure to not make something out of it in the future. I'd imagine that's why we haven't heard the last of her yet.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Morter posted:

Super endgame spoilers regarding the Rosary: Can Jack get the rosary? Or only John?

Yes. I just finished the game and the first thing that happened was a nun approaching Jack and giving him the rosary.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Fuzz posted:

Is there a way to get it back? If not, then gently caress... don't have any recent saves other than like halfway through Mexico.

Try replaying the mission from the game menu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I like ur hair!
Aug 9, 2006
are all of the beginning farm missions hearding missions? i have done one for a bunch of cows and now the next one is too. i hate hearding.

• Locked thread