Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
New DLC, Undead Nightmare, OUT NOW. Scroll down to the DLC section to read more.

Last Update
New patch updates version to 1.03. and fixes many multiplayer issues. Read More: Red Dead Redemption Title Update version 1.03

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/

Reviews:

Red Dead Redemption Metacritic average: 95
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/reddeadredemption
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/reddeadredemption

IGN: 9.7/10
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1090380p1.html
Gamespot: 9.5/10
http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/reddeadredemption/review.html
GameSpy: 5/5
http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/red-dead-redemption/1091233p1.html

What is Red Dead Redemption?

Red Dead Redemption is Rockstar's newest sandbox style action-adventure game with a "Wild West" setting. Developed by Rockstar San Diego, which is known for such breakout hits as the Midnight Club series and Table Tennis, Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to Red Dead Revolver.

The year is 1911, the place is a quasi-fictional area of America known as "New Austin", and the player assumes the role of one John Marston, retired outlaw and would-be rancher. John Marston is dragged out of retirement by an organization simply called "The Agency", a government group tasked with enforcing its governmental agenda on an untamed landscape. The Agency has kidnapped John Marston's wife and son and are forcing him to hunt down and capture or kill the remaining members of his band of outlaws. Simple story, nothing new or groundbreaking, as it should be. This is a game set in the American Old West and is made in the style of old western films. Anything more wouldn't be true to the genre it's a part of.

Why you should play it:

Wild West. Sandbox. If those two terms aren't enough to subscribe you to Red Dead Redemption, I don't know what else will. If you've played GTA IV, you are familiar with open-world games like Red Dead Redemption. In RDR, you roam the landscape armed with your six-shooter, mounted atop your trusty steed, generally doing whatever you like. However, unlike GTA IV, your actions in RDR are noticed. Whether you be the heroic or the villainous type, the populace will react to your decisions and be affected by them. They can revere you for your good deeds or despise and fear you for your bad ones. Your decisions will have an impact all across the land, and make no mistake about it, there is a lot of land for your story to traverse. The world is absolutely massive, and yet Rockstar has paid every attention to detail. Miles of barren, deserted wilderness, spotted by the occasional blemish of a small town or ranch struggling to survive in the most barren of landscapes will quickly turn into murky, dark swamps and rich, thriving coastal cities. One could make a game out of exploring all of the available terrain, and there is even more to do. There are upwards of 50+ main storyline missions, nearly 20 side-quest missions, countless random world events ranging from wanted posters where the player must hunt down and capture or kill a bounty target to the player encountering a group of NPC's about to perform an execution. Even with all of this, what the player can do in Red Dead Redemption is barely being covered.

I'm still not convinced/I'm afraid of discovering new things, what else can I do:

Jesus, what more do you want? A list? Fine, here is a list of what you can do in Red Dead Redemption:
The main story (50+ missions, 20+ hours of gameplay)
The side stories (called "stranger missions", of which there are about 20, some of which have multiple missions as part of their story arc)
Gang hideouts (think small dungeons)
Bounty missions (hunt down and capture or kill the bounty target, then return said target to the local sheriff)
Hunting/Scavenging (from rabbits to elk to grizzly bears and cougars)
Track down and discover ancient buried treasure
Lay claim to being the fastest, deadliest gunslinger in the west through duels
Jobs such as working the nightwatch, which involves preventing break-ins or stopping bar brawls, breaking in and taming wild horses
Herd cattle
Defend the populace or terrorize it (stop a robbery or aid the thief,)
Mini-games including Texas Hold Em' Style Poker, Blackjack, Arm Wrestling, Horseshoes, Five Finger Fillet
Watch in-game movies
and more!

I'm a unique snowflake and I like to express that in the games I play:

The player can unlock outfits that grant bonuses including allowing the player to blend in with a specific gang of outlaws to making certain governmental agencies look favorably on the player. Unlocking the outfits require completing a list of tasks and finding scraps of clothing. The player can even purchase a bandana (purchasable in Thieves Landing) that he can wear over his face. Doing so will provide anonymity to the player and prevent the players honor from increasing or decreasing from his actions. There are 13 different properties the player can rent or buy and different horses the player can find in the wilderness, lasso, tame and then make their own.
Outfits
Horses
Houses

What about weapons?

The player can wield revolvers, pistols, repeaters, rifles, sniper rifles, shotguns, and use thrown weapons, a knife, a lasso, and even the players own fists as weapons. There are many different types of weapons for each category, so the player has a bit of customization in that arena as well.
Weapons

Items?

RDR introduces items the player can hold in his inventory and use as needed. The items include medicine to restore health, chewing tobacco, snake oil and moonshine to restore deadeye, horse pills and apples to restore your horses stamina. There are also items that can be purchased or earned that provide passive bonuses.
Items

You know what, that's still not enough, is there anything else that would make me want to play this game?

Ok, fine, you want more? How about multiplayer? Red Dead Redemption has multiplayer that includes Shootout and Capture the Bag (think deathmatch and capture the flag) that can be played in either team or FFA format. Each match begins with a duel between sides. The victor of the duel gets a slight head start. Even more than that, multiplayer begins in whats called Free Roam, which is basically a trimmed down version of the single player world. The world is the exact same size and looks virtually the exact same, but things such as the story missions, stranger missions, jobs, mini-games and random world events have been cut. There are still gang hideouts you can do, and 50 levels of experience to be gained. Gaining levels will unlock weapons, mounts, characters and titles.

Playstation 3 vs. XBOX 360
There isn't much of a difference. The PS3 version has one additional outfit and an additional hideout. The Hideout is Solomon's Folly and while it is hands-down the best way to gain experience in multiplayer, it's hardly worth buying one version or the other. Buy this game for whatever system you'd rather play it on.

Coordination: Goons loving Goons
PS3 players can use http://ps3goons.omgwtflol.org/session/new
360 US players will be able to use the metatag Red Dead Goons,HIGHPLAINSGOONS, RedDeadGoons2, RedxDeadxGoons and also WesternEuros if you're into that
360 Oceanic players can use AussieGoonPosse
All can use #reddeadgoons on irc.synirc.org

Resources
http://www.reddead.net/
http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Dead_Wiki
Old RDR thread, thanks to nuclear_cheetos for making

Between this thread, the old thread and those two web sites, you should have every answer you would ever need

Downloadable Content/Expansions

Today, we are proud to announce plans for an ongoing series of downloadable content for Red Dead Redemption.

Four packs of add-on downloadable content will be released for PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE over the next few months, starting with the ‘Legends and Killers’ Pack at the beginning of August and culminating with the Red Dead Redemption ‘Undead Nightmare’ Pack this fall. These packs follow the recent release of the Free ‘Outlaws to The End’ Co-Op Mission Pack, which is available now on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE.

The upcoming downloadable content includes:

Undead Nightmare Pack (OUT NOW)
Ghost towns and cemeteries come alive in a West gone horribly wrong:

* Brand new single player adventure, Challenges and quests
* 8 New Multiplayer Zombie characters
* Additional animals unleashed in the world
* New Dynamic events
* More details to follow...
* Release date TBC
* Pricing: $9.99 (PlayStation Network), 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE)

Liars and Cheats Pack (OUT NOW)
New Competitive Modes, Multiplayer Mini-games in Free Roam, and more:

* ‘Attack and Defend’ Multiplayer Competitive Mode and Challenges
* New Multiplayer Horse Races complete with mounted combat
* Play as the heroes and villains of Red Dead Redemption as well as 8 additional multiplayer characters
* Multiplayer versions of Liars Dice and Poker from the single-player game
* Introducing a new weapon: the Explosive Rifle, with associated Challenges available in single-player and multiplayer
* New Achievements/Trophies
* Release date TBC
* Pricing: $9.99 (PlayStation Network), 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE)

Free Roam Pack (OUT NOW)
Delve deeper into the world of Red Dead Redemption with new Modes, Challenges and Gang Hideouts to discover:

* Additional Free Roam Challenges
* New action areas and defensive placements
* Posse Scoring / Posse Leaderboards
* New ‘anti-griefing’ measures in Free Roam
* Release date and pricing TBC

Legends and Killers Pack (OUT NOW)

The Legends and Killers Pack for Red Dead Redemption is now available for download to your PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, via PlayStation Network ($9.99) and Xbox LIVE (800 Microsoft Points) respectively. This pack features 9 new multiplayer map locations including Blackwater, Fort Mercer, Thieves' Landing, Tall Trees and other favorite locations from the game world, doubling the amount of competitive multiplayer territories and providing over 30 new game variations.

Also included in the Legends and Killers Pack are 8 new multiplayer characters from Red Dead Revolver, Rockstar San Diego's 2004 take on the myths and legends of the American West originally released for PlayStation 2 and Xbox. Play as Red Harlow, Jack Swift, Shadow Wolf and more...

Plus a devastating new weapon - the Tomahawk, which functions as both a projectile and a melee weapon and features it's own set of unique single player challenges. All this, as well as 10 new Achievements/Trophies to unlock and add to your collection.

To see these new locations, multiplayer characters and the Tomahawk in action, watch the official Legends and Killers Pack Trailer, featured above and in hi-def at the Red Dead Redemption website.

Outlaws to the End (OUT NOW)

“Walton’s Gold”
Walton’s Gang have taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry and get out as fast as you can – Walton’s boys have rigged the place to blow!

“The River”
Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town’s massive weapons caches. Watch out for Gatling gun-equipped enemy rafts.

“Ammunition”
The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege. Storm the gates under heavy cannon, Gatling gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements.

Plus three more missions to be revealed in detail soon.

The Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack will also yield additional multiplayer XP rewards, and brand new Achievements/Trophies to unlock.
Outlaws to the End

Achievements/Trophies:
Yes the game has them and here is a great list of all of them, including the secret ones:
http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Achievements

:siren:FAQ or "Where Do I [x] and How Do I [x]":siren:

Where can I find X animal?
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AvM4qe6df-8EdDJYWGJVRExYdzM5UEpCNUxlYXhhMkE&hl=en

How do I tell what horse I have?
Update: With a new and improved "I don't understand horses" section

The horse deeds that are purchasable in stores will describe the horse pretty accurately. There are 5 horses that are worth a special mention:
The Kentucky Saddler is a 3-star solid tan/caramel colored horse (tame and purchase, reward for doing a mission for Bonnie)
The Hungarian Half-breed is a 3-star solid white/grey colored horse (tame and purchase)
The American Standard-bred is a 3-star solid dark brown colored horse (tame and purchase)
The War Horse is a 3-star pure black colored horse (Best Buy pre-order bonus / UK collectors edition)
The Dread Steed is a 2-star, black colored horse with a white face and scars all over it's body (obtained by having full negative honor)

You unlock horses by wandering into the wilderness, finding a horse, lassoing said horse and breaking further said horse by mounting and riding the horse into submission. To "break" a horse you must mount it and defeat it in a mini-game that simply involves you staying centered on the horse. The horse will try to buck you off and you must not get bucked off. You do this by staying centered. If the horse makes your character sway to the left, you move your character to the right. If the horse makes your character sway to the right, you move your character to the left. That's all it takes. After you break a horse you can purchase a deed for the horse in any general store. From then on, when you use the deed (the deed is not a single-use item. It does not get destroyed after using it and you can use it as much as you want) your default horse will become the horse the deed is for. (example: If you purchase the Kentucky Saddler deed from a general store and then "use" the deed, from then on, whenever you whistle for a horse, a Kentucky Saddler will respond to your whistle.) If your horse dies, another horse, that is exactly the same, will respond to your whistle. If you somehow make another horse your default horse (through the method described below) you can re-use the deed to make the horse described in the deed your nrew default horse.

You can make any horse your default horse by bringing it to a hitching post and hitching it. Hitching posts can be found in basically all settlements and hitching the horse is done by responding to a button prompt (on the PS3 this is the square button). You may also make another horse your default horse by using a new deed. The old deed, along with any other deeds you may have purchased, will remain in your inventory indefinitely.

I'm trying to get 100% completion, what do I still need to do?
How the gently caress am I suppose to know? Check this guide and compare it to what you have done already: http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread-red-dead-100-guide-to-redemption-stranger-missions-outfits-and-much-much-more
The Rockstar Social Club also has a 100% completion section under your user profile that will tell you what you still need to do. It does not necessarily update in real time so you may need to wait awhile for it to update appropriately: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/

I just got into Mexico and this awesome song was playing and I got off my horse and it stopped playing and and and
The song is "Far Away" by José González, you can download the soundtrack on itunes and amazon.com

I have full positive honor and I still haven't gotten my Obscuridad del Santo Andres, where do I get it?
You get it through a random world event where a nun approaches you and gives it to you. You can't trigger it and you can't go to a certain spot to obtain it, it just happens. You can try exiting the game and reloading but that probably won't help things. You just have to wait for it to happen.

On that note, how do I get my dread steed for having negative honor?
You get a 2-star horse that has a unique look for having negative honor. It also appears to have more health and more stamina than even 3-star horses (unconfirmed). When you get to rank 2 negative honor, the next time you call your horse this unique steed will show up. It will remain as your horse until you get to neutral honor or higher. There is no deed that enters your inventory. If the horse dies, another one will show up the next time you call your horse.

I pre-ordered from Gamestop and I can't get Mo Van Barr to spawn, what am I doing wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, it's a bug that has been acknowledged by Rockstar and will be fixed sometime (hopefully) within the next few days.

How do I do sharpshooter rank 10 (disarm 6 people without reloading or switching weapons)?
Here is a youtube video you can watch for help (DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVE NOT BEATEN THE GAME, THE VIDEO CONTAINS SPOILERS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R08_kg0eRYU&feature=player_embedded
The popular suggestion is to use the Evans Repeater or Mauser Pistols (weapons with high capacity), discharge all but 1 clip of ammo from said weapon and find an area densely populated with bad guys (such as a gang hideout). Use deadeye extensively. The less popular suggestion, which also happens to be mine, is to use a sniper rifle (such as the Carcano rifle) and lots of deadeye to shoot guns out of peoples hands. Doesn't matter where. The automatic weapon reload that happens when you enter deadeye does not count towards the reload counter. I did this challenge in Blackwater by aiming my sniper rifle at a cop, which caused him to draw his weapon to defend himself, and then I zoomed in on the cops gun with the sniper rifle, shot it out his hand while in deadeye, and then repeated the process on the next 2 cops (the cops carry a pistol and shotgun, shooting the pistol will cause him to draw his shotgun). So you can get 2 disarms per cop. Took about a minute to do.

I can't figure out how treasure works, help! (written by Fuzz)

Treasure maps all work in steps. They are numbered. You follow the steps 1-4. (there are never more than 4 steps)
They are all near some sort of landmark that is on your map, usually the name will somehow give it away. The first 5 maps overtly give you a nearby landmark's name in one way or another, the rest will always feature a very specific landmark.
The dotted line is the path you're supposed to walk. Dotted line goes around a rock in the first step, and then the second step shows another rock and an X? Walk around behind the rock and the treasure is behind it. This is just an example. I swear.
Most maps feature multiple pictures on one map, detailing each step. They don't all go together as one flowing picture, each drawing marked as a step is a separate drawing, therefore the same landmark could be in multiple drawings, just from a different perspective or with more elaborate path instructions.

When do I get [x] in multiplayer?
Hand guns:
Cattle Man (Default)
Volcanic Pistol (Level 5)
Schofield Revolver (Level 9)
Double-Action Revolver (Level 17)
Semi Automatic pistol (Level 24)
High Power Pistol (Level 35) (Can be found at Tesoro Azul Hideout)
LeMat Revolver (Level 46) (Can be found at Fort Mercer Hideout)
Mauser Pistol (Level 49) (Can be found at Twin Rocks hideout)

Rifles & Repeaters:
Carbine Repeater (Level 2)
Winchester Repeater (Level 8)
Springfield Rifle (Level 13)
Henry Repeater (Level 32)
Bolt Action Rifle (Level 40) (Can be found at Tumbleweed Hideout)
Evans Repeater (Level 43) (Can be found at Pike's Basin Hideout)
Buffalo Rifle (Level 50)

Sniper Rifles:
Rolling Block Rifle (Level 20)
Carcano Sniper (Level 28) (Can be found at Nosalida Hideout)

Shotguns:
Pump Action Shotgun (Level 11)
Sawn-off Shotgun (Level 18)
Semi-auto Shotgun (Level 26)
Double Barrel Shotgun (Level 37)

Knives:
Melee buck Knife (Default)
Throwing Knife (Level 3)

Misc.:
Dynamite (Level 16)
Fire Bottle (Level 22)

MOUNTS
"Legend" is like prestiging your rank in Call of Duty series, resetting your unlocks and rank back to 1.
Each time you "Legend", the rank in which you unlock items decreases. Please see the WIKI LINK at the bottom of the list for DETAILS.

Burro (donkey) Default
Lusitno nag (Level 4)
Turkmen (Level 8)
Cleveland Bay(Level 22)
Hungarian Half-Bred (Level 33)
American Standard Bred (Level 40)
Bonzo (Level 50)
Buffalo (Legend 1 Level 50)
Albino Buffalo (Legend 2 Level 50)
Super Bull (Legend 3 Level 50)
Zebra Donkey (Legend 4 Level 50)

{thanks to Policenaut}

I will update the OP as needed. If you feel like the OP is missing something, PM me or post in the thread and I will add it. This is my first Games OP so be gentle please.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Reserving this for some stuff.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It would be worth noting that the second 360 metatag is actually Red Dead Goons, with spaces. Also it looks like RedDeadGoons2 and RedxDeadxGoons still have spots available.

Also cougars. gently caress them.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Metatag: RedDeadGoons2
Login: reddeadgoons2@gmail.com
Pass: somethingawful

Only 15 spots left. I believe there maybe space on RedXDeadxGoons or something like that. The tag fills up fast whenever its posted and I bet there will be plenty new players so someone should make a RedDeadGoons3 soon with similar login info and post it.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Updated accordingly, thanks.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
There's a stranger supposedly in a church north east of black water. He appears on my start menu map, but when i get to the area they're nowhere to be found inside or outside of the church and nothing appears on my minimap.

Is this bugged? What's supposed to be there?

Scar Trek
Mar 6, 2002

I was here before this cliché crap and I'll be here long after it's cold and raped and dead in the ground.
The best tip I recieved for this game yet:

Never fast travel unless you have a real good reason. Every single ride between towns ends up being it's own adventure.

Atlas Telamon
Feb 20, 2009
Small tip for those trying to hunt a specific animal, when you find one, kill it and run far away enough to not see the corpse. Come back to the area around the corpse and there should be a freshly spawned critter for your murdering pleasure. This prevented me from quitting the game when I began to experience a glitch that made every beaver I killed BLOW UP AND DISAPPEAR. Happy hunting, cowboys.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Love the title dude

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

So I killed the first 5 bears but the 6th and 7th ganged up on me. Why the gently caress were there 7 goddamn bears?

Bears. :argh:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Atlas Telamon posted:

Small tip for those trying to hunt a specific animal, when you find one, kill it and run far away enough to not see the corpse. Come back to the area around the corpse and there should be a freshly spawned critter for your murdering pleasure. This prevented me from quitting the game when I began to experience a glitch that made every beaver I killed BLOW UP AND DISAPPEAR. Happy hunting, cowboys.

This is an amazing tip if it's true. I'm about to test it to verify, but if it's true it will make doing the hunting challenges exactly 100 times easier.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
I would like in on the metatags as well :) Just add GT : Slayer15977 (Xbox360)

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

ShowTime posted:

This is an amazing tip if it's true. I'm about to test it to verify, but if it's true it will make doing the hunting challenges exactly 100 times easier.

I did this for the Boars and it worked like a charm.

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH
Am I the only one who did the rank 10 sharpshooter challenge by using the dual action revolver using only one deadeye with 6 shots? :c00l:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Atlas Telamon posted:

Are you sure it was a glitch? Maybe the weapon you were using was too strong. I found that when I got the bolt-action rifle and tried to use it for hunting I would make a lot of smaller animals just explode (birds, rabbits, beavers), but using a weaker weapon stopped that.

Atlas Telamon
Feb 20, 2009

ShowTime posted:

I know it successfully worked for raccoons and beavers, but I would love for others to test it out and either prove me wrong or right. I know how games tend to spawn characters, and this appears that this is the way that Rockstar makes the animals reappear.

jvempire
May 10, 2009
Welp I guess I had a long run. When I finally killed Bill, Allende ran away and didn't get killed so the game froze, but I still could move around so I dynamited myself and redid the scene, almost freezing again. I finish it and right before I go and save some guy is an eye witness for something and gets the police after me. Because I wanted to make it quick, I gave myself over and now my game is in endless loading.

Let me go Mexico!!

Atlas Telamon
Feb 20, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

Are you sure it was a glitch? Maybe the weapon you were using was too strong. I found that when I got the bolt-action rifle and tried to use it for hunting I would make a lot of smaller animals just explode (birds, rabbits, beavers), but using a weaker weapon stopped that.

Goddamn. This is what I was doing :downs:. No wonder it started working when I used the LeMat. I make Trig Palin look smart sometimes.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

Oh my God the thread title. Every time I read it all I hear in my head is "I'm Herbert Moooooooooooooooooooon!"

I still haven't unlocked Mexico yet on this playthrough and I've only got one ambient challenge left that I can complete as far as I can remember. I've got to do the Hunting Level 5 challenge and for some reason it's a lot harder this time than I remember it being. Fuuuuuck. I keep shooting the cougar bastards then switching over to the knife, but I either get smoked or the little fuckers run away and disappear into the horizon. It's so unfair!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh god Eva in Peril :smith:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ShowTime posted:

There are also only 2-3 racing missions (can't remember if it's 2 or 3) and you are done doing missions for that guy pretty quickly. I also hated that guy and his missions so I was glad for it.

West Dickens is probably the second best NPC next to Landon Ricketts how can you not like him.

jvempire
May 10, 2009

Captain Charisma posted:

Oh god Eva in Peril :smith:
I tried lassoing the guy but it didn't let me.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
when the npc's are at the poker game in armadillo and theyre talking about how john marston is a hired gun for the jews, what are they talking about, sorry I am not sure if this is spoiler tag worth or not :(

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Also I did the flowers for a lady quest today, and I have to say that is the most upset ive been with a video game in a while, I mean I was downright outraged !

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kin posted:

There's a stranger supposedly in a church north east of black water. He appears on my start menu map, but when i get to the area they're nowhere to be found inside or outside of the church and nothing appears on my minimap.

Is this bugged? What's supposed to be there?

It's a woman, and she's inside at the altar.

I think she might only be there at night.

nobueno
Jun 6, 2004

Let me introduce myself. I'm Joe Grizzly, bitch. And I'm gonna cut that goddamn mask right off your face, you...
Just got to Mexico and I dueled Hitler's cousin after he accused Ricketts and I of cheating. I never want this game to end. Also I joined multiplayer for all of 2 seconds but I realized the fort in the far east of Mexico has a cannon guarding each approach. Thought it would be so awsome to get a garrison of goons defending it. Any takers?

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Yes I will done work in a a very looong 3 hours and a bit, but I want to claim a fort as some goons and somehow get people to try and take it from us, a sort of king of the hill!?

nobueno
Jun 6, 2004

Let me introduce myself. I'm Joe Grizzly, bitch. And I'm gonna cut that goddamn mask right off your face, you...

Slayer1597 posted:

Yes I will done work in a a very looong 3 hours and a bit, but I want to claim a fort as some goons and somehow get people to try and take it from us, a sort of king of the hill!?

Thats what I was thinking. King of the hill either for the players or the NPC's. Because we could posse up, get a bounty on our heads and goon the ramparts. Someone mentioned in a free roam that there is an achievement for having a $1000 dollar bounty on your head and staying alive for 10 minutes? Confirm/Deny?

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

nobueno posted:

Someone mentioned in a free roam that there is an achievement for having a $1000 dollar bounty on your head and staying alive for 10 minutes? Confirm/Deny?

You need to become a public enemy and survive for 10 minutes, then escape the wanted level. It's very easy to do at El Presidio. It's called Most Wanted. Did it earlier in about 20 minutes with some goons (or was it yesterday?) holding the fort.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

That Awful Nick posted:

Oh my God the thread title. Every time I read it all I hear in my head is "I'm Herbert Moooooooooooooooooooon!"

I never understood why he starts calling for help by saying "it's Herbert Moon!" When I first heard it and didn't know who he was, I was wondering just what the hell Herbert Moon was supposed to be.

Crummers
Dec 30, 2008

nippon nifties posted:

West Dickens is probably the second best NPC next to Landon Ricketts how can you not like him.

Ricketts is my favorite because he is virtually just Lee Van Cleef in a videogame, and Lee Van Cleef loving rules.

fake edit: R.I.P Lee :smith:

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

Yeah, when I heard him shout "It's Herbert Moooooooooon" for the first time I assumed at first that Herbert Moon was some famous bandit or something and that he was the one who had robbed him (the shopkeeper, that is). Then he continued with "I'm Herbert Moon! I've just been robbed!" and I was just like "Ohhh. Gotcha. You're gonna be like that ain'tcha. Okey dokey." Such an interesting but ultimately repetitive encounter. I've just started shooting the bandit instead of lassoing him. I've got more important poo poo to do than guard the valuables of some incompetent anti-Semitic shopkeeper who, despite my returning his money near on a hundred times now, has yet to give me anything better than a 50% discount.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
I have murdered Herbert Moon in duels from getting caught cheating in poker, but hes always back in armadillo and ready to welcome me to the poker game, its sorta funny how apparently the only part of his brain I hurt when I shot him in the head was his memory of the last like 2 days :)

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
I also wish i could hogtie and then sell people :), slavery is awesome :)

Can you sell horses you break in the wild?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Alright, this rifle animation bullshit needs to be patched immediately. When you're in cover and you shoot a guy, they loving programmed it so you stay standing up another second. That's killed me at least 5 times now. Retards.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I posted this in the other thread but the Director of The Road and The Proposition is cutting together some scenes from the game and putting it on Fox.

quote:

Did you guys see the trailer for the thing they're showing on Fox? I guess they're taking some of the cutscenes and showing it on TV.

http://www.giantbomb.com/red-dead-r...-movie/17-2547/

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Close the old one.

Also, I think I've had it with Free Roam. I put in my MW2 disc instead of RDR to play some multiplayer tonight, and was pleasantly surprised to see that most of the old night crew has made it back after having beat the single player. Sure, this was a great game, but it just doesn't have the mechanics to make it truly rewarding as an engine in which to compete against other players.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
What's the best handgun and where do you get it?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
When doing the Target Practice with Ricketts you can shoot the bottle out of the drunkard's hand and the cigarette out of Ricketts' mouth.

I thought this was very bad rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D0ct0rAlanGrant
Aug 23, 2007

~My country is a complete embarrassment to world football and they deserve abuse from everyone at all times.~

~Handle your balls? Frenchmen can't resist!~
Cougars are the bane of my existence :argh:

• Locked thread