Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

ydaetskcoR posted:

Except GTA4's story missions alone will leave you with ~$600k?

Yeah making money in GTA 4 was pretty easy, especially once you did Stevie's car missions. You could just jack nearby cars and bring them to his garage for quick cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Earwicker posted:

No you don't have to do anything, they're just slow. It's 1910 after all! If you are near tracks (or maybe its only if your near a station) and you check your map you should be able to see where the train is - it's a little red icon - and from that you can tell how long it'll be till the train comes.

My red train keeps getting stuck around Thievesville because the blue train switches the tracks. Something about that junction now makes it so my red train can't go through it. I can reset it by camping or whatever, but it will only go around once til it hits that point.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

Ok so, after working on getting a $4000+ bounty on my head in Mexico in about an hour or so worth of play time I decided to save my game and take a break.

Getting back into it I find my bounty has reset to zero.

Anyone know of any sweet spots to hunker down and stick it to the law?

I'm assuming you want the bounty in Mexico since that is where you mention being in your post. My favorite spot for Mexico is Chuparosa. Go to the biggest building in the town (I think it's a church/sheriff's office), head to the second floor and go back outside onto the balcony, then head to the back of the building and go back inside. There should be a ladder there you can climb and from there you can exit out onto the third floor. On the third floor you can hop onto the roof and either do your business there or hop to the adjoining building and do your business there.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

What's the hat tip button on the 360?

The bugs in this game are really starting to piss me off. I did everything to get the Army uniform outfit except buy the scrap. I go to the tailor and it says "NOT AVAILABLE". loving Bullshit.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Universe Master posted:

The bugs in this game are really starting to piss me off. I did everything to get the Army uniform outfit except buy the scrap. I go to the tailor and it says "NOT AVAILABLE". loving Bullshit.

:derp:
This isn't a bug. You have to finish the game before it becomes available.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Omnicarus posted:

:derp:
This isn't a bug. You have to finish the game before it becomes available.

Nice of them to leave this off of the checklist.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Universe Master posted:

What's the hat tip button on the 360?

The B button.

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

Universe Master posted:

Nice of them to leave this off of the checklist.
waaa waaa waaa my hand ísn't held enough.

End game spoiler I like to go back to the hut where I met Ross' wife now and then, go inside, look at their belongings, shoot the bed as a symbolic gesture, and throw some dynamite in it before leaving.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

csidle posted:

waaa waaa waaa my hand ísn't held enough.

What the gently caress does that have to do with hand holding? They say "Do this poo poo to get X" I expect to get X after doing that poo poo. They should include "But only after you finish the game" on the checklist.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Quick question about costume outfit options, what do I need to do to get Marston a badass duster? :clint:

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Quick question about costume outfit options, what do I need to do to get Marston a badass duster? :clint:

MAXIMUM HONOR

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Don't know if this showed up or not but the Trophies for "Outlaws to the End" have appeared, I imagine they'll be the same for Xbox 360 Achievements.

Looks like R* is returning to bullshit "Gold Medal everything" achievements.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

RedneckwithGuns posted:

"Peacemaker" honor level. Not maximum or "Hero" level.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Well I'm glad I'm on the way to reaching Peacemaker then. What's the opposite clothing option if you're on the other end of the spectrum?

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Well I'm glad I'm on the way to reaching Peacemaker then. What's the opposite clothing option if you're on the other end of the spectrum?
There is none. You don't get it for being a jerk.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Universe Master posted:

"Peacemaker" honor level. Not maximum or "Hero" level.

It might have been a nice surprise to get it earlier than he thought! Now you ruined it.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Captain Charisma posted:

Liar's Dice is such horseshit

E: OK now I am 100% convinced the computer cheats at this

E2: This is loving retarded. It's exact number of die and then all of the sudden OH I'M SORRY I MEANT AT LEAST!!! YOU LOSE human being

Liar's dice is easily the most enjoyable/easy minigame in the game excluding blackjack. Make sure you understand the rules before being upset by it!

Fracturus Cactusmas
Sep 5, 2006
I love liar's dice; I came back from having 1 die to win against two dudes, one with 4 and the other with 5, its pretty forgiving so you must just blow at bluff games.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

AndyElusive posted:

Anyone know of any sweet spots to hunker down and stick it to the law?
The hotel in Blackwater was one of my favorite spots because it has both front and side doors and a bunch of windows to terrorize the law.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Is there any point to the trains aside from surprisingly slow transportation or story missions? I can't see to rob them which disappoints me greatly.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sankis posted:

Is there any point to the trains aside from surprisingly slow transportation or story missions? I can't see to rob them which disappoints me greatly.

Gibbing people who try to steal your horse.

Arach
Oct 3, 2003

Dive! Dive! Di... are you diving yet?
Grimey Drawer
Is there a good way to string bounties together? It's close the the last thing I need for 100% and running back and forth Austin and Parasido in the hope of getting a poster (I've got the West 'Beth ones already) is getting me down.

Can there only be 1 in the world at a time? I know I've got a ??? in blackwater but I didn't bother.

Edit: The sit and wait trick acutally works. Wait a day, until after 8am. Then just watch as eventually a NPC puts a bounty up.

Arach fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 30, 2010

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Harlock posted:

The hotel in Blackwater was one of my favorite spots because it has both front and side doors and a bunch of windows to terrorize the law.

ive wanted to just go crazy on a killing spree, but what do you do about the bounty afterwards? wouldnt it be pretty easy to get it into the thousands? do you just have to pay it or i guess instead you save beforehand and reload?

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Arach posted:

Is there a good way to string bounties together? It's close the the last thing I need for 100% and running back and forth Austin and Parasido in the hope of getting a poster (I've got the West 'Beth ones already) is getting me down.

Can there only be 1 in the world at a time? I know I've got a ??? in blackwater but I didn't bother.

I've been having some good luck in mexico just skipping time (safe house) to somewhere around 7pm. A bounty is usually posted pretty quickly around that time, but it can also happen earlier (like around 3. sometimes it's hard to pass the time to get to 7 when you pass such a huge chunk of time saving).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

abagofcheetos posted:

ive wanted to just go crazy on a killing spree, but what do you do about the bounty afterwards? wouldnt it be pretty easy to get it into the thousands? do you just have to pay it or i guess instead you save beforehand and reload?

You could always use a Pardon letter if you don't have the cash.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

muscles like this? posted:

You could always use a Pardon letter if you don't have the cash.

can you get more? i think ive had a total of maybe 3.

i could just save/reload but i enjoy being able to have all mayhem included in the stats

transient
Apr 7, 2005

Arach posted:

I just kept going back to the same place (Armadillo/Chuparosa/Blackwater) whenever I finished a bounty. If it was night, I slept if day I stood by where they were posted until one showed up. Never waited very long.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
Today in an online Free Roam during a Gang Hideout or whatever I went to go slide into cover.
Instead, my character bounces and flew around 200 ft. directly vertical. Died when I landed of course.

This is a small detail, but I love when it's introducing the teams in one of the Gang Shootouts or something and it's all:
LAWMEN VS... MINERS!

Then they zoom in on the character they've selected for you.
YOU!!
All the models look really good.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I noticed something sweet today while driving a stagecoach.

If you hold down LT and tap the spur button somewhat frequently, the stagecoach pretty much seems to perfectly follow your waypoint. I was able to outrun a posse and reach my intended taxi destination without ever steering or letting go of the LT button while I was driving the stagecoach.

And is it just me, or is the 4-horse stagecoach pretty much the fastest thing in the game? I left those marshals in the dust while zoomed in. I even stopped to let them catch up ad tried again, and again in a curvy stretch of road.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010

coyo7e posted:

I noticed something sweet today while driving a stagecoach.

If you hold down LT and tap the spur button somewhat frequently, the stagecoach pretty much seems to perfectly follow your waypoint. I was able to outrun a posse and reach my intended taxi destination without ever steering or letting go of the LT button while I was driving the stagecoach.

In the single-player, they demonstrate that if you're on a road you can aim while holding the spur/accelerate button (and stop steering) it'll generally follow the road. This is so you can make badass shots from horseback and such without tripping over a rock (some of the time).

e: clarity

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
So what exactly is the loving point of autosave if it doesn't actually save your progress? My PS3 froze while loading and I lost an hour of progress.

This is like a decade old save system they've got here. Jesus.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
/\/\/\ It's weird, your inventory/satchel doesn't save, but mission progress and challenge progress does.

Dotcom656
Apr 7, 2007
I WILL TAKE BETTER PICTURES OF MY DRAWINGS BEFORE POSTING THEM
So I just got to the part where John dies and you're jack now and was that it? Or are there more missions because I'm not seeing any. I did read a spoiler where someone shot agent Ross in the face repeatedly or was that in the last john mission? So I'm a bit confused.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Dotcom656 posted:

So I just got to the part where John dies and you're jack now and was that it? Or are there more missions because I'm not seeing any. I did read a spoiler where someone shot agent Ross in the face repeatedly or was that in the last john mission? So I'm a bit confused.

Go to Blackwater.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

abagofcheetos posted:

can you get more? i think ive had a total of maybe 3.

i could just save/reload but i enjoy being able to have all mayhem included in the stats

Do gang hideouts, you get them from there.

Dotcom656 posted:

Head to Blackwater and you'll find a Stranger icon pop up. Do that to get the real ending.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Has anybody else ramped off cover when you slide in and then right back out of cover? I got launched like a half mile once, but I can never do it on purpose.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Mr. Heliotrope posted:

Do gang hideouts, you get them from there.

Head to Blackwater and you'll find a Stranger icon pop up. Do that to get the real ending.

Or don't and (endgame spoilers)get the better ending. I liked the ending where John dies more then the ending where Jack gets revenge. It just felt more authentic and real to me then Jack coming back years later and killing Ross. I'm pretty sure they added the Ross stranger mission as an optional ending for people who can't get by on an ending where the good guy doesn't win. To me, John doing all he did to save his family and dying, but saving his family, was a great ending. Not all stories have happy endings.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."
Is there any high quality pics of the outfits online? The pictures on the red dead wiki are practically thumbnail sized. I just wanna see if the poncho outfit makes you look like The man with no name

Dotcom656
Apr 7, 2007
I WILL TAKE BETTER PICTURES OF MY DRAWINGS BEFORE POSTING THEM

Mr. Heliotrope posted:

I just put 14 rounds into Ross's face and when the camera panned to him falling into the river his face looked like red crumpled tin foil.

Over all this was a very well written game. and when John is dieing after getting shot by the army, just heaving for 20 seconds. Ugh it sounded awful. and Jacks voice acting could have been a lot better as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
And You Will Know The Truth: A Bad Mission.

• Locked thread