Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Cat Machine posted:

The honor system is really flunky at times. 100 honor for disarming someone after you were caught cheating at cards, but only 10 for bringing a criminal in alive?

It's a criminal, gently caress em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Solly posted:

but you never see cougars, especially when you are trying to hunt them which is damned near impossible with a knife.

I'm not sure why people have trouble with this! Nothing says you have to be unmounted to do it. I just rode by and stabbed them a bunch then hopped down when I needed to loot.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Sankis posted:

I'm not sure why people have trouble with this! Nothing says you have to be unmounted to do it. I just rode by and stabbed them a bunch then hopped down when I needed to loot.

I had more problems trying to catch them after I shot em once to stab em than finding them. I got both of mine riding down to Thieves' Landing from Blackwater to buy bait to find them actually...so maybe I'm lucky.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

GhostDog posted:

And if someone doesn't find the cheat for constant drunkenness soon, I'm going to hold some Rockstar employees hostage until they tell me. Anyone with me on this?

Yeah, I am. As long as you can't pass out for more than 5 seconds.

I'd love riding around, hogtie-ing and lassoing people, then getting in big saloon shootouts while staggering and barely being able to aim. Also, falling off your own horse would be lulzorific.

Speaking of which: a loving rear end in a top hat ninja-cougar snuck up on my near Fort Mercer while I was hunting for wolves, and pulled my goddamn Golden Stallion down, killing it, before I could blow it apart with my double-barrel.

Now I gotta spend forever either looking for a same breed horse, or I gotta buy a deed for that breed when I can find one.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Slappy Moose posted:

Now I gotta spend forever either looking for a same breed horse, or I gotta buy a deed for that breed when I can find one.

Herbert Mooooooooooooooooooooooooon sells them in Armadillo. It's the Kentucky Saddler.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The horseshoe game mechanics are pretty huge bullshit.

e: Hahaha what the gently caress the AI just won with a pair of queens, despite showing a nine and a queen, neither of which were on the table.

e: loving hell does the AI ever NOT have better than a full house? gently caress this poo poo.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 1, 2010

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Policenaut posted:

Go online, head to El Presidio, clear it out and throw explosives around until you get a Wanted level, mount one of the cannons (preferably one by the big gate near the front) and start killing.

Took me about an hour.

I just gave this a go and found that i was only able to rack up about 150 kills in an hour because the AI for the marshals is so loving buggy. They'd either get stuck in cliff walls way off in the distance (i opened up the map and watched them run and bounce off of walls continuously) or they'd get stuck on the walls of the fort.

The best and possibly quickest way to do this is probably with two people. One on the northernmost canon mopping up anyone coming in the back door and one on the minigun by the front one. That should force the marshals to spawn in locations that don't get them stuck and should keep both of you safe from any cheeky fucker who somehow gets inside the fort.

Edit: as i mentioned to some goons last night, i wish that rockstar would get around to cobbling together some kind of sim economy system for their games. In this case, once you finish the game, you've got a nice tidy sum of money but bugger all to spend it on. How about you let me run my loving ranch. Start off by letting my buy cattle and horses and poo poo, then using them to produce goods to sell and from there hiring staff to do the mundane bollocks or act as security. Let me earn enough cash to upgrade the ranch and poo poo so that it even surpasses that one at the beginning.

Hell, let me buy that ranch and the other cities and then enhance them. Let me make enough money to buy out that lovely abandoned town and slowly renovate it into paradise.

Call it: Red Dead Tycoon!

Kin fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 1, 2010

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Man horseshoes are such horsepoo poo. Even with a perfect aim (lined up with the index finger) and a fully green throw-meter that lands right on the middle tick mark, the horseshoe still barely makes it into the sandpit (and sometimes still doesn't even land in the pit).

Ugh gently caress you rockstar for forcing me to win at this for 100%

ydaetskcoR
Apr 29, 2008

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Man horseshoes are such horsepoo poo. Even with a perfect aim (lined up with the index finger) and a fully green throw-meter that lands right on the middle tick mark, the horseshoe still barely makes it into the sandpit (and sometimes still doesn't even land in the pit).

Ugh gently caress you rockstar for forcing me to win at this for 100%

You must be bad at horseshoes because it's easy as hell.

Link43130
Apr 13, 2009

Morter posted:

I'm under the impression that you have to get the bounties alive for them to count in 100%. Since no one's mentioning alive or not, and I certainly don't need the money (I'm in post game), can I just shoot every bounty?

If you haven't found out from another source yet, yes. It doesn't matter if they're alive or dead for the completion percentage.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!
People, please add me on PSN so that I can play multiplayer with goons and not the douche nozzles that insist on just fighting endlessly for no reason.

PSN: Cthulhuite

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ydaetskcoR posted:

Does how quickly you rock the stick back and forth affect the throw or what? I'm not getting it either.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...

Hal Gill username posted:

Herbert Mooooooooooooooooooooooooon sells them in Armadillo. It's the Kentucky Saddler.
You won't find any Jew-bred horses in his establishment :colbert:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Herbert Mooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Ahahaha this is way too funny.

Seriously though, next time I come across him when he's been robbed I'm shooting the thief. And then putting on a bandanna and shooting him. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't want to spend hours kicking the dude when I need supplies :mad:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

ydaetskcoR posted:

As soon as I posted that I practiced some more and now I have the "What About Hand Grenades?" achievement. I was just under the impression that you had to aim for the middle tick mark, but each sandpit has its own sweetspot. Just had to find it.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Awesome, finally finished all the challenges and got my Legend of the West outfit.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
end game question Where do I find this fucker in Blackwater to start the avenge daddyo mission\

I wound up having to duel this guy when he caught me cheating at poker. "The only thing I hate more than the railroads and the jews is CHEATERS!"

(I only disarmed him, of course)

moto
Aug 25, 2004

Link43130 posted:

If you haven't found out from another source yet, yes. It doesn't matter if they're alive or dead for the completion percentage.

What Link said, but I did have a glitch with the last bounty I needed in West Elizabeth. It wouldn't count until I brought him in alive, it kept giving me the same bounty over and over when I just shot him.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

uncle jimbo posted:

end game question Where do I find this fucker in Blackwater to start the avenge daddyo mission\

I don't remember the exact location, but it should show up on your map once you go into Blackwater just like the rest of the Stranger missions show up once you're close enough.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

uncle jimbo posted:

end game question Where do I find this fucker in Blackwater to start the avenge daddyo mission
He's standing outside the train station office.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

uncle jimbo posted:

I wound up having to duel this guy when he caught me cheating at poker. "The only thing I hate more than the railroads and the jews is CHEATERS!"

(I only disarmed him, of course)

Oh jesus that's awesome. I may have to get caught cheating just to have this experience.

I screwed up the Herbert Moon Robbery mission not long ago because when I came galloping back into town with the miscreant we sort of piled right into Herbert. I left the hogtied villain in his shop in case he wanted to kick him later, after he picked himself up out of the mud.

MojoAZ
Jan 1, 2010
Level 9 Hunting Challenge spoiler: After you kill Khan the legendary jaguar, do jaguars respawn anywhere in single player? I don't really play MP, but I thought this challenge was cool, and wouldn't mind going on another jaguar hunt. If you can only hunt a jaguar once during an entire SP playthrough though, lame.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Holy poo poo, the merchant at Chuparosa does the same loving thing.

Roughly translated, when he gets robbed:

:ese: posted:

Help! Someone, help! Help Marcos Pichardo!

Who the gently caress told 1900's merchants to talk in the 3rd person? :arghfist:

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

As soon as I posted that I practiced some more and now I have the "What About Hand Grenades?" achievement. I was just under the impression that you had to aim for the middle tick mark, but each sandpit has its own sweetspot. Just had to find it.

This is what I noticed too. They're all slightly different lengths and none of them are alike. One up at Rathskeller's Fork is the easiest to get a ringer on, it seems (to me anyway, I've gotten three playing there).

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Whats up with the new racey thread title?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kneel Before Zog posted:

It's a reference to the racist owner of the Armadillo General Store, who likes to say stuff like "You won't find any Jew made products in MY store"

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Policenaut posted:

It's a reference to the racist owner of the Armadillo General Store, who likes to say stuff like "You won't find any Jew made products in MY store"

haha

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Antisemitism was pretty big in the old west, like already stated there's a shop owner in Armadillo that keeps "foreign" and "Jewish made" goods out of his store. There's other racist poo poo in this game too.

mend1cant
Jul 16, 2009

Jesse was the best Gud damn gun i ever had.
Plenty of room on my goon xbl metatag: RedxDeadxGoons

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Sorry to ask a question that does nothing but give my ignorance of multiplayer away, but how do I use/take advantage of the posted meta tags in the OP? I have no idea what those mean and am sick of playing multiplayer with people who do nothing but snipe me from a mile away upon respawn.

War Pig
Nov 14, 2007

Civilization is crumbling.

doctor 7 posted:

Antisemitism was pretty big in the old west, like already stated there's a shop owner in Armadillo that keeps "foreign" and "Jewish made" goods out of his store. There's other racist poo poo in this game too.

Let me tell you a thing or two about them pepperguts... :clint:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I still can't get the hang of loving poker so I can get this Walton gang outfit and move on.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

blackguy32 posted:

I still can't get the hang of loving poker so I can get this Walton gang outfit and move on.

Try just betting and never folding. I won a few games, and I have no loving clue how to play poker.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I haven't tried poker yet, but if it' anything like how they did Blackjack in the game I'm going to hate it. Press a button to look at your cards? Why don't you just redesign the view so I can see my cards without squinting at a loving high resolution TV?

mend1cant
Jul 16, 2009

Jesse was the best Gud damn gun i ever had.

Molothecat posted:

Sorry to ask a question that does nothing but give my ignorance of multiplayer away, but how do I use/take advantage of the posted meta tags in the OP? I have no idea what those mean and am sick of playing multiplayer with people who do nothing but snipe me from a mile away upon respawn.

metatag is a gamertag for the purpose of collecting goon gamertags for a certain game. All you do is look on the metatags friendslist and invite goons to play with.

War Pig
Nov 14, 2007

Civilization is crumbling.
Endgame/outfits spoilers: is it at all possible to use the US Marshall outfit as John? It gets discovered with the final mission, right? I kinda want to run around with John as a Marshal. My interpretation of Jack is too evil and spiteful of the law to use it.

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
why the gently caress does marston talk to assholes he hates and do missions for them instead of just killing them

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

roffle posted:

why the gently caress does marston talk to assholes he hates and do missions for them instead of just killing them

Because he needs them to accomplish his own goals.

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
no, I'm done with the story and on one of the stranger missions where you have to get a white stallion for this fruitcake so he'll free the Chinese guy. Except he could have just been my 1,594th kill. The storyline aside, I wish they didn't make it so all the people you do missions for are so goddamned dislikable, I wish there were more like that old guy in Mexico

e: relatedly by "white stallion" do they mean the Hungarian? Cause that horse looks pretty goddamned gray to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

mend1cant posted:

metatag is a gamertag for the purpose of collecting goon gamertags for a certain game. All you do is look on the metatags friendslist and invite goons to play with.

This is a foreign language to me.

• Locked thread