Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solly
Mar 21, 2005

That's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning.

Combatace posted:

Does anybody remember the swingset glitch from GTA4?

Because it's back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ2IjvdarWI

Its the best thing ever. At MacFarlane's Ranch, on the sheriff's office, there is a log that you can take cover on. Take cover on it, go all the way to the right, and double tap the cover button. If you hold aim anything immediately after, you go flying so high.

I cant for the life of me get this to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

It's ok now, just tell me what happened...

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

This happened to me too, I just waited for a few minutes and the next cutscene eventually triggered.

Me too. It just fixes itself after a VERY long time.

At first I thought they were pausing for dramatic effect... then it started to get ridiculous. Then I felt the fool. Then it just frigging continued as if nothing had happened.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Well, I finally got to the end, and it's come to a game-breaking halt unless I'm suddenly retarded and can't see some obvious path. Just forced Dutch off the machine gun, and I'm running around trying to get up to the higher level, but there's no way up there. Found a ladder, but that just leads to the catwalk that goes back out the gate. No way to climb up on any of these boxes, and I see no other way up. What the gently caress this sucks.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Fuzz posted:

Well, I finally got to the end, and it's come to a game-breaking halt unless I'm suddenly retarded and can't see some obvious path. Just forced Dutch off the machine gun, and I'm running around trying to get up to the higher level, but there's no way up there. Found a ladder, but that just leads to the catwalk that goes back out the gate. No way to climb up on any of these boxes, and I see no other way up. What the gently caress this sucks.

There should be ladders going all the way up, you must just be missing something.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

the other day I was riding around in chollo springs just casually hunting, a random npc comes up to me out of nowhere and challenges me..... to an herb picking contest. no thanks bro I'm good

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Earwicker posted:

the other day I was riding around in chollo springs just casually hunting, a random npc comes up to me out of nowhere and challenges me..... to an herb picking contest. no thanks bro I'm good

And miss out on the fame of a herb picking contest? :colbert:

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
DLC Available June 22nd

Link

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Earwicker posted:

Hahahaha loving YES! That guy gets two in the gut from me every time for even suggesting such a contest.

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn
Ugh this loving daedelus guy. I go up there 3 times now, and a herd of coyotes come to attack so i shoot them, the npc runs off screaming like i just raped his horse.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Last night I was wandering around Tall Trees, and saved some poor woman being hung from a tree (and somehow got -50 honor for attacking the people trying to lynch her). I shot the rope free, and she thanked me, sobbing. About 5 seconds later, two grizzlies come flying out of nowhere, and smash her body into a tree, leaving her a bloody mess.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Retromancer posted:

okay anyone else having this problem?

I'm doing "an appointed time," and I get to the end. Bill and I yell back and forth at each other for a while, I shoot bill in the head, Reyes shoots Allende, and everyone stands around. whatever is supposed to happen next doesn't trigger. If I press start it gives me the continue message as if I was in a cutscene, but the cutscene doesn't trigger.

This happened to me too, but intead of shooting Bill in the head, I thought the US Marshals or whatever wanted me to bring Bill in alive, so I threw my lasso at him. It just bounced off and everyone just kind of stood around awkwardly until I reset my game then shot him in the head.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Lando posted:

Ugh this loving daedelus guy. I go up there 3 times now, and a herd of coyotes come to attack so i shoot them, the npc runs off screaming like i just raped his horse.

Mission spoiler:
You'll be happy to know that he (predictably) crashes immediately upon taking off. I actually screamed "GOOD. gently caress ya!" at my screen when it happened.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
10 more levels til I get my bull :3:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Palleon posted:

Last night I was wandering around Tall Trees, and saved some poor woman being hung from a tree (and somehow got -50 honor for attacking the people trying to lynch her). I shot the rope free, and she thanked me, sobbing. About 5 seconds later, two grizzlies come flying out of nowhere, and smash her body into a tree, leaving her a bloody mess.

You probably shot her husband as he ran up like an idiot. I've done that before.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

KingShiro posted:

10 more levels til I get my bull :3:

We need to play the VS multiplayer. Even though you don't level as fast, it can still be fun with a team full of goons against pubs.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Combatace posted:

Does anybody remember the swingset glitch from GTA4?

Because it's back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ2IjvdarWI

Its the best thing ever. At MacFarlane's Ranch, on the sheriff's office, there is a log that you can take cover on. Take cover on it, go all the way to the right, and double tap the cover button. If you hold aim anything immediately after, you go flying so high.

Solly posted:

I cant for the life of me get this to work

Same here. I doubt it matters, but which system was this done on?

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Fuzz posted:

I messed that one up the first time too. You head left at the first stage and climb the ladders there, and then the game sort of shows you where to go. Heading right on the burning thing doesn't go anywhere.

rgrdgr Karnage
Feb 2, 2006

What the hell is that on the ceiling?
Sent a friend request to the RedxDeadxGoons metatag. The rest are full it seems. I will be on late tonight for some RDR multiplayer rampage. GT: Karnage08

EDIT: Perhaps someone should make another metatag? That'd be nice.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zero Karizma posted:

That's a really good point. This might actually be the best cultural commentary in the game. That one Indian dude even gives you the "You realize you're just senselessly killing these Buffalo for fun, right? You're going to ruin everything." speech on the way to a mission.

Then, here we all are, blowing the fuckers away for an Achievement.

I dunno, I thought the uneducated revisionist moralizing rang a little hollow in a game that prominently features mass murder and had just encouraged me to blast several hundred animals, including a loving Mexican jaguar. Also, the vaguely racist "noble savage" beatifying made me pretty uncomfortable, like I was watching a game about how Asians are good at math.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Danger Mahoney posted:

I dunno, I thought the uneducated revisionist moralizing rang a little hollow in a game that prominently features mass murder and had just encouraged me to blast several hundred animals, including a loving Mexican jaguar. Also, the vaguely racist "noble savage" beatifying made me pretty uncomfortable, like I was watching a game about how Asians are good at math.

He's not a noble savage, he's just not an idiot, which is what everyone assumes he is. He's not running around throwing flowers around and talking about the beauty of nature, he's just an average dude who happens to be Native American, and everybody treats him like he spends all his time whooping and hollering inside a teepee all day.

Also, people kinda hunted back then. It was a huge industry in the turn of the century. The game's not making a moral call about it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

skoolmunkee posted:

I messed that one up the first time too. You head left at the first stage and climb the ladders there, and then the game sort of shows you where to go. Heading right on the burning thing doesn't go anywhere.

Yeah, for some reason I thought left was a dead end and there was a door there, but it was just a trick of the lighting. I feel like an idiot now.

Wish I could say the followup is a surprise so far, but some asshoel in this thread already spoiled it for me by not spoilertagging early on. :smith:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Jesus Christ I'm at 99.8%, my social club thing isn't updated quite right, and I'm pretty sure I need 2 bounty locations but can't loving tell which ones and I'm in Mexico and getting Plata Grande and Hendidura Grande over and over AARRRRGH

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dogen posted:

Jesus Christ I'm at 99.8%, my social club thing isn't updated quite right, and I'm pretty sure I need 2 bounty locations but can't loving tell which ones and I'm in Mexico and getting Plata Grande and Hendidura Grande over and over AARRRRGH

Where is this social club thing that keeps track of 100% completion? The in-game social club doesn't seem to have anything like that, is it only accessible via a browser?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Crappy Jack posted:

He's not a noble savage, he's just not an idiot, which is what everyone assumes he is. He's not running around throwing flowers around and talking about the beauty of nature, he's just an average dude who happens to be Native American, and everybody treats him like he spends all his time whooping and hollering inside a teepee all day.

Also, people kinda hunted back then. It was a huge industry in the turn of the century. The game's not making a moral call about it.

Yeah pretty much this. The professor goes on a huge rant about how he's a native and you need to speak in a certain way to them and he just says "Uh, I can speak English dude."

I think the only "noble savage" thing he does is point out how people are loving up nature which was a pretty valid point that doesn't make him a stereotype.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Man this game is getting buggier the more I play it. Just had a thing where my character stopped being able to interact with anything. I don't get (/\) To Save when I go home to bed or anything. Had to go do a hideout and beat the guys just so the game would save so I could reload :argh:

Did I mention I couldn't get on a horse so I had to go find a hideout on foot? :mad:

e: :lol: "You know that John Marsden used to be a hired killer for those jews"

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Dogen posted:

Check your ingame stats menu. There are 8 locations in New Austin, 8 in Mexico, and 4 in West Elizabeth. If any of those numbers don't match up, then go to that region and do bounty missions. The fact that you keep getting the same ones in Mexico mean you've already done all the Mexico locations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Palleon posted:

Where is this social club thing that keeps track of 100% completion? The in-game social club doesn't seem to have anything like that, is it only accessible via a browser?

Yeah it's at socialclub.rockstargames.com

Crappy Jack posted:

Check your ingame stats menu. There are 8 locations in New Austin, 8 in Mexico, and 4 in West Elizabeth. If any of those numbers don't match up, then go to that region and do bounty missions. The fact that you keep getting the same ones in Mexico mean you've already done all the Mexico locations.

Where at in the stats?

edit: found it... and it's in Mexico somewhere....

Dogen fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 3, 2010

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

Danger Mahoney posted:

CrappyJack is right about the "he's just not an idiot like every thinks" bit.

I actually think most of "wow deep man" messages rang pretty false in this game. I hadn't considered the achievement/buffalo thing until it was pointed out here. I like this one. It feels more subtle than everything else in this game that beats you over the head with it's messages.

Edit: My last sentence there is only vaguely English, but I think it still gets my point across!

Zero Karizma fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 3, 2010

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Martytoof posted:

:argh:
I know this doesn't help in the slightest right now, but using a horse deed will save your game for you!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I had an interesting bug, I was running a bounty mission in Armadillo, ready to return the dude alive on my horse, I was running out of bullets so I just raced the remaining bad guys chasing me back to the town, they tend to "go away" when you get near a city. But two of the dudes followed me into the city in this strange angry at me but not shooting at me mode.

They kept running in and out of the town, I was hearing gun shots and was generally confused. I tried to shoot one of them and got a bounty on my head, so I couldn't turn in my hog tied dude on my horse. But more bad guys coming to save him came into town. The local cops stand outside of the sheriffs office, three of them just waiting and you can't shoot them.

Then I noticed nobody was shooting me. The two guys would run into town and yell at me, but the other cops wouldn't move or shoot and I couldn't shoot them. So I stood there and kept killing dudes and wracking up a huge bounty with nobody hurting me. Then I fell through the floor, respawned in the front of the sheriffs office stuck in the ground.

That was pretty fun.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Carbohydrates posted:

I know this doesn't help in the slightest right now, but using a horse deed will save your game for you!

Thanks friend. I'm going to have to buy some deeds or something. The jews I'm apparently a hired killer for don't pay me enough to keep any on hand so I just have to rustle my own horses from the wild :(

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

liquidypoo posted:

Same here. I doubt it matters, but which system was this done on?

I have confirmed that it works on the 360. It really, really works. My lawman is now not only the best horse-riding cliff diver, but also a skilled freestyle BASE jumper.

Jack Burton Windu
Oct 4, 2004
It's all in the Jedi Reflexes...
Think I figured out my problem with my mic :bang: hit triangle to connect in the accessories menu. first rule of xmb: use triangle button Gonna gently caress around in multiplayer for a while tonight.

PSN: Emitydna

My sharpshooter 10 strategy: Tried like a half-dozen places, then went to twin rocks and killed the upper level dudes on the rocks, then hid behind the wall right behind the well. Used the mauser but reloaded with deadeye - tonics and 'baccy after every shot anyway so ammo count didn't really matter. It was like a shooting gallery where the targets just picked up the parts I shot off of them so I could shoot again. Took five minutes tops, zero danger.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

So what's the 13th safehouse? On the Rockstar Social Club page, it says I have 12 of 13 with the 13th one grey'd out so I can't even see the name of it or where it's at to purchase. It kind of looks like END OF GAME SPOILERS a grave but it could also be a lovely spring bed. I dunno.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

ruddiger posted:

So what's the 13th safehouse? On the Rockstar Social Club page, it says I have 12 of 13 with the 13th one grey'd out so I can't even see the name of it or where it's at to purchase. It kind of looks like END OF GAME SPOILERS a grave but it could also be a lovely spring bed. I dunno.
Could be Irish's shack in Mexico. Did you ever save your game there? It's the safehouse on the shore of the river.

edit: Is it the very last one on the list that's grayed out or some other one?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

ruddiger posted:

end game poo poo:

it'd be cool if a hidden save WAS a gravesite and when you woke up you'd be John, back to make the wrong things right. Stand aside annoying child, dad has returned :black101: :clint:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

ruddiger posted:

It is ENDGAME SPOILER Jack's Bed at Beecher's Hope

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I want Red Dead 2 to be gunslinger dude goes back to medievil times(fantasy setting). I wanna fold some elves in half with a shotgun. (please don't goonsay this post)

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Does anyone else think Dutch looks like The Comedian from Watchmen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Dogen posted:

Where at in the stats?

edit: found it... and it's in Mexico somewhere....

I just gave up and went to Plata Grande for like the third loving time, and it gave me credit! So I guess you don't have to hit every location necessarily, just do x number of missions in the territory?

• Locked thread