Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

I just got around to playing this, did the first mission for the marshall and on my way back I killed a coyote. All the sudden I have a $400 bounty on my head.

Did this coyote have important friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I keep trying to read this thread to satiate my desire for RDR (broken 360) but there are so many drat spoiler tags

:negative:

I just want to ride ponies.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Maneki Neko posted:

I just got around to playing this, did the first mission for the marshall and on my way back I killed a coyote. All the sudden I have a $400 bounty on my head.

Must have been one of those undercover coyotes.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Maneki Neko posted:

He must have considering you'd have to kill several sheriffs deputies to get a bounty that high. Was he carrying any acme products when you looted him?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Martytoof posted:

Sorry, 1903 my mistake. And I should have spoilered it anyway so double-sorry :v:
No need imho, everybody knows what year the game takes place, flying machines and colts and cars are all part of the landscape. It's kind of the story's point.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

beanieson posted:

He must have considering you'd have to kill several sheriffs deputies to get a bounty that high. Was he carrying any acme products when you looted him?

Went and turned in a bounty letter I found just to see what I had, and it was 2 counts of murder and 6 counts of something something law (flashed by too quick).

:psyduck:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Maneki Neko posted:

Went and turned in a bounty letter I found just to see what I had, and it was 2 counts of murder and 6 counts of something something law (flashed by too quick).

:psyduck:

I got caught by police once, and in jail 1 charge of murder flashed by. Which was confusing since I didn't do that, and it didn't show up in my statistics. Clearly the authorities are just pinning unsolved crimes on John Marston :mad:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I got killed with 4,600 dollar bounty because police stop spawning after a while and I was stuck with no one alive in chuparosa since they all formed posses, then only had 8 counts of murder in my stats page (and failed to get the achievement) :\

Paint-Drinking Pete
Apr 9, 2009
Man the really nerf some of the guns in the multiplayer modes. I lit up a dude five times across the arms and chest with a Schofield revolver using dead eye and the dude still survived it. I really hope they add a real 'hardcore mode' where it only takes 1 or 2 bullets to kill someone because as is, gang shootouts feel more like an airsoft match than an actual old west shoot out with real guns.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Paint-Drinking Pete posted:

I lit up a dude five times across the arms and chest with a Schofield revolver using dead eye and the dude still survived it.

How does Dead Eye work in multiplayer?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Mr. Heliotrope posted:

Like level 2 single player dead eye except it doesn't slow time.

Grishka
Jun 4, 2010

With the mic in my hands
I'm a bad man
Even in a fight with the hands
I'm a bad man
Livin in the streets all my life
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man

Mr. Heliotrope posted:

Not well, in my experience.
First level Dead eye 'point at stuff and get marks' system with no tagging. Every time I've used it I just end up getting shot once in the face and killed, despite throwing 5-6 rounds into a person's chest. That semi-auto shotgun might change things though.
Edit: Second level dead eye, apparently.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

You guys should try the multiplayer dead eye with throwing knives :laugh:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So I just finished it... great loving game, despite having the ending sorta semi-spoiled for me. Ending credits music is awesome. I gotta say, I actually sort of bust out laughing right at the end, as Jack turns around and it just pops up RED DEAD REDEMPTION in big letters and he's got a very John expression on his face.

Sad I missed the musical interlude in Mexico. Glad I have a save right after Fort Mercer. :clint:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yeah I basically accidentally moused over a spoiler tag like two dozen pages ago and it was basically the big spoiler :(

Now I know where it's going, but it's still a good ride.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

And what the gently caress, I've seriously shot every animal in the game according to my stats, (yes, even ducks) and yet I didn't get the trophy. How the hell do I figure out what's missing? Killed plenty of horses both wild and domestic, too, as well as every type of bird I could find. (Hawks, Eagles, vultures, songbirds, crows, and ducks)

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Seagulls at blackwater ferry/docks

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Fuzz posted:

And what the gently caress, I've seriously shot every animal in the game according to my stats, (yes, even ducks) and yet I didn't get the trophy. How the hell do I figure out what's missing? Killed plenty of horses both wild and domestic, too, as well as every type of bird I could find. (Hawks, Eagles, vultures, songbirds, crows, and ducks)

Cows and chickens?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Domesticated animals don't count.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

GruntyThrst posted:

Seagulls at blackwater ferry/docks

Ah HA!

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Yeah, I was totally expecting to get a bounty put on me for shooting a bald eagle when I saw one in-game. Sadly, Rockstar missed out on the opportunity to put in something funny like that. :(

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I real dumb.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 4, 2010

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Yeah, I was totally expecting to get a bounty put on me for shooting a bald eagle when I saw one in-game. Sadly, Rockstar missed out on the opportunity to put in something funny like that. :(

Being able to completely exterminate an entire species buffalo from the face of the earth and getting an achievement for it doesn't qualify?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Tide posted:

loving BEARS.

I have tried every trick I know to kill a goddamn bear with a knife.

Shoot it 3 or 4 times with a pistol, then pull out your knife.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

greatn posted:

Shoot it 3 or 4 times with a pistol, then pull out your knife.

I found two Buffalo Rifle shots to the legs slows it down and takes off a huge chunk of life without outright killing it. Then just do the jousting thing with a horse and your golden. At one point I had six bears chasing me, but if you stay nimble on your horse they really can't touch you.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Ornamented Death posted:

A pretty cool song plays when you get to Mexico for the first time, but it's canceled if you get off the horse you're riding at the time, which is not your horse, so a lot of people miss the song because they jump off the one they're riding to call their own.

Did I miss something huge, or is the first time you get to Mexico from the raft? When did you get there on a horse?

Or do you mean when you get on the horse already in Mexico? gently caress! That's a dumbass game trigger, I didn't even hear it start because I wanted to use my badass Kentucky Saddler. poo poo!

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
There's two horses on the shore where your raft ends up. Irish takes one and you hop on the other.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Just finished up now, credits and all. Still have a few things to clean up for 100%, though. Really, a great game all-around. Just fantastic.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Philip J Fry posted:

There's two horses on the shore where your raft ends up. Irish takes one and you hop on the other.

Too bad for me that I shot the horse and got my own, I guess.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I'm losing my mind a little bit, trying to find something out. I remember reading somewhere about a challenge/achievement/other bonus for cracking a safe in one go without any mistakes. I'm pretty much dead certain I've read it on the RDR Social Club site, but I can't find it anywhere. Any help goons?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

PhattWebb posted:

I'm losing my mind a little bit, trying to find something out. I remember reading somewhere about a challenge/achievement/other bonus for cracking a safe in one go without any mistakes. I'm pretty much dead certain I've read it on the RDR Social Club site, but I can't find it anywhere. Any help goons?

It's one of the three challenges of one of the social club challenges, but the one that's exclusive to the PS3.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Crappy Jack posted:

It's one of the three challenges of one of the social club challenges, but the one that's exclusive to the PS3.

That explains it, I'm on a 360. I had completed a story mission with a safe at the end and thought I might have screwed something up.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Fuzz posted:

How do you find ducks? I was just in the swampy bit by thieves and I could hear them but hosed if I got any (I shot every bird I saw).

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Kiwillian posted:

How do you find ducks? I was just in the swampy bit by thieves and I could hear them but hosed if I got any (I shot every bird I saw).

Try Lake Don Julio, southeast of Armadillo.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

PhattWebb posted:

Try Lake Don Julio, southeast of Armadillo.

Thanks, I'll try that in a bit.

There's also owls too, if Fuzz is looking for more things.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Right near the water at the Scratching Post is where I found my duck.

e: So I'm taking a bounty back to Chuparosa, riding along the railroad tracks, when four bandits spawn and try to take me out (as usual). I notice the train is coming, so I stay on the tracks and basically play chicken with the train (because the bandits are now riding directly behind me) and turn my horse at the last second... bandits everywhere, holy gently caress.

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 4, 2010

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you
I wonder why they don't have the outfit Marston is wearing on the cover and in some of the new artwork (http://www.reddead.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/marstonart.jpg).

It looks pretty bad rear end.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

I was in Chuparosa and shot a tumbleweed just for fun, then they slapped me with a $1 bounty and everyone in town opened fire on me.

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
the satchel resetting to 5 bug was posted on their (R*) page some time ago, and the online single player thing is here:

[ http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr/community.html ]

also, the bug fix is coming next week i think, just in time for the dlc. May even be in the same update?

[ http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr/checklist.html ] if you're really lazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Maneki Neko posted:

I've barely broken the law in my game, but on reaching Blackwater my horse stepped on a cat and all the cops went nuts over a $5 bounty, I almost died from getting shot and they sent me to MacFarlane's jail for some reason. They went to the expense of sending me there over a loving cat.

• Locked thread