Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

OrangeGuy posted:

Maybe try putting away the joint next time? :haw:

:downsrim:

You just made my day.

e: Have we got any Goon gamertags made for this yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Would love to get some free roam goodness going with some PS3 people...

PSN: Tyrant1125

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
I wish you were able to smoke at any time during the game or multiplayer. :(

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
By the by, did anyone order any of the special edition stuff from their website (the dice, cards, soap and tnt candle)? I ordered 2 things when I first found out about them, which was probably about a weeks ago, and I got an email a couple days ago telling me that my order was canceled because they ended up not having enough stock to cover my order.

Just wondering if anyone else was lucky enough to get theirs shipped, or if they got hosed on the deal as well.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

der juicen posted:

I wish you were able to smoke at any time during the game or multiplayer. :(

It would've been a cool effect on your dead-eye meter. You can't run on foot as fast but your dead-eye meter drains slower while smoking, you basically get to play the game as the Marlboro man! :haw: Hell, I only ever get off my horse when I have to, to skin animals, pick plants, or hogtie and hoist up bounties, so it would be pretty advantageous to people who play like me.

Funny story from last night: I was finally completing the Flowers for a Lady stranger quest, looking for the Wild Feverfew around Hannigan's Stead at night. I come across one of those women asking for help that steal your horse if you stand around, the 2nd one I've ever encountered in my time playing single-player, so I decided to get some revenge for the first one I saw way back when that actually stole my horse. So I pull out my lasso and drag her behind my horse close to the edge of the cliff on the southern-ish side of Hannigan's Stead, just enough to let her fall to her death. Bitch won't be stealing horses in her underwear anymore. :clint:

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

arca posted:

e: Have we got any Goon gamertags made for this yet?

Check the OP.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Well I found a new fun game to play in multiplayer: try to drive a stagecoach over the rail bridge between the US and Mexico.

jvempire
May 10, 2009

Palleon posted:

Well I found a new fun game to play in multiplayer: try to drive a stagecoach over the rail bridge between the US and Mexico.
I tried doing once... I fell off.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Palleon posted:

Haha, you just reminded me of the time I did this during one of my first few multiplayer free roams. It's in a great spot because if you are with some guys just messing around doing the 3 gang hideouts in the western area of New Austin and then decide to go to Mexico in your brand new stagecoach from Gaptooth Breach, the quickest way is across that bridge. I ended up making it about halfway across at full speed before sending myself and a few goons plummeting into the waters below.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

jvempire posted:

I tried doing once... I fell off.

Gotta think like Tony Hawk -- I'm gon' grind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LESGu-274Y

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
By the way, when should I make an extra save like someone said? I just unlocked Blackwater, so I should be coming close, right?

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

OrangeGuy posted:

By the way, when should I make an extra save like someone said? I just unlocked Blackwater, so I should be coming close, right?

You're at about the perfect place to do that.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

ShowTime posted:

Haha, you just reminded me of the time I did this during one of my first few multiplayer free roams. It's in a great spot because if you are with some guys just messing around doing the 3 gang hideouts in the western area of New Austin and then decide to go to Mexico in your brand new stagecoach from Gaptooth Breach, the quickest way is across that bridge. I ended up making it about halfway across at full speed before sending myself and a few goons plummeting into the waters below.

Yeah, I was playing with another goon, he was driving, and he grinded about halfway across the bridge, before we fell off, but the horses hung on for a few seconds, so we had plenty of time to realize what was going to happen before we fell to our deaths. We tried again, with me driving this time, and we got about 10% of the way through before I hit a bump and catapulted myself way off the bridge into the water, and the coach lost control and sent him in not too much long after.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
So how do I duel without dying? It used to be so easy but now that I have to place the lockon myself I lose every time. I have to duel for a mission and I keep losing, even though I'm locking on to his head and shooting he always gets me first.

Norville Rogers
Oct 17, 2004
Like, zoinks!
Jesus playing with pubbies is not fun for a low level guy. Got killed by some rear end in a top hat about 15 million times and just didn't enjoy multi.

Any suggestions for making it less douchey?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Overbite posted:

So how do I duel without dying? It used to be so easy but now that I have to place the lockon myself I lose every time. I have to duel for a mission and I keep losing, even though I'm locking on to his head and shooting he always gets me first.
I swear that during duels, you've had to lock-on manually since the beginning.

The key to dueling is to have your bar higher than their bar. And you can only lock-on when the reticule is white.

Finally, what kind of scrub shoots for their head? Always go for the gun. It's a guaranteed win. :colbert:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Norville Rogers posted:

Any suggestions for making it less douchey?

Play with goons, probably. That said, the multiplayer definitely isn't for me.

Overbite posted:

Right as soon as everyone is done with the cinematic "i'm staring your down" posturing part of the duel and the camera switches back to behind your character, move your right stick down so your hand is closer to your gun. As soon as you see DRAW you hit L2 and move your gun to what you want to hit. The hardest part is timing the crosshairs with R2. It's infinitely easier if you just target the hand because it seems to be a win like 99/100 times.

e: PS3 controls

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 5, 2010

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Crows Turn Off posted:

I swear that during duels, you've had to lock-on manually since the beginning.

The key to dueling is to have your bar higher than their bar. And you can only lock-on when the reticule is white.

Finally, what kind of scrub shoots for their head? Always go for the gun. It's a guaranteed win. :colbert:
I go for the legs so I can watch them crawl away as I steal their gun

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Can you disarm Ross? I shot that fucker in the face ten times, but it would have been so much more satisfying to hogtie and slit his throat :lol:

Eyebrows Mulligan
Apr 29, 2009

by Fistgrrl

IRQ posted:

How the hell do you shoot people's hats off? I just keep killing them, no matter how high I aim.

Turn DK Mode on first to get some practice with it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Any UK goons turn on five usa (31 on free view) now.

e- to elaborate It's Red Dead Redemption: The man from Blackwater

Jippa fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 5, 2010

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Martytoof posted:

Right as soon as everyone is done with the cinematic "i'm staring your down" posturing part of the duel and the camera switches back to behind your character, move your right stick down so your hand is closer to your gun. As soon as you see DRAW you hit L2 and move your gun to what you want to hit. The hardest part is timing the crosshairs with R2. It's infinitely easier if you just target the hand because it seems to be a win like 99/100 times.

e: PS3 controls

For some of the scripted duels though you can't do a disarm and will have to kill the bastard.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Martytoof posted:

Can you disarm Ross ? I shot that fucker in the face ten times, but it would have been so much more satisfying to hogtie and slit his throat

yeah I tried to disarm Ross but as soon as the two shots I placed on his gun barely moved my bar I just put one in his head and won on the first try.

Big Spoon
Jan 29, 2009

Want that feelin'
Need that feelin'
Love that feelin'
Feel that feelin'

IRQ posted:

How the hell do you shoot people's hats off? I just keep killing them, no matter how high I aim.

Go to the Armadillo saloon and target the gang members with the top hats, they're hard to miss. I forget which gang they are but you'll see them.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
Naw, just don't shoot the top of the hat, shoot the side. The brim.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

YOURFRIEND posted:

Naw, just don't shoot the top of the hat, shoot the side. The brim.

I prefer to just use the sniper rifle and Dead eye, and the top of the hat. The challenge took all of 2 minutes.

Armadillo is wonderfully easy to get 5k+ bounties in.

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you

OrangeGuy posted:

One of the story missions will give you a new gun. Save an extra right after that.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Sco Dylan posted:

One of the story missions will give you a new gun. Save an extra right after that.

What the point of this? I used one save throughout and never had a problem....is it a glitch or something?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

RedneckwithGuns posted:

What the point of this? I used one save throughout and never had a problem....is it a glitch or something?

I think it's for people that missed one of the stranger missions (I Know You) otherwise I don't see a point in it, and I did it too.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

spidoman posted:

I prefer to just use the sniper rifle and Dead eye, and the top of the hat. The challenge took all of 2 minutes.

Armadillo is wonderfully easy to get 5k+ bounties in.

So you did the challenge after you had gotten the sniper rifle? seems a bit silly to wait that long to do something relatively easy

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I think some people MASSIVE ENDGAME SPOILER prefer to play as John instead of Jack. So they make the extra before the end game save so they can go back and complete all the side stuff.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Is there something wrong when it's Professor MacDougal that I cannot help but wonder "What in the gently caress is wrong with you, man?".

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

YOURFRIEND posted:

So you did the challenge after you had gotten the sniper rifle? seems a bit silly to wait that long to do something relatively easy

I shot through the story without much else, then started everything else.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
(HERE BE ENDING SPOILERS)

Just finished about an hour ago. Good lord the ending. The sense of dread from the moment John is reunited with his family, when you just KNOW something awful is going to happen. But I never expected John to die. This is a videogame, the player character doesn't die (unless you lose)! I felt like I'd been punched in the gut.

But that's the thing. This is a videogame. It's a dumb toy for stupid children with no attention span. The only thing I've ever felt playing a game is the hollow sense of catharsis when you press a button and some blood comes out of a man.

I can't believe it but Rockstar has, at a stroke, redeemed itself for GTA4's awful story. And I can't wait to see what they do next.

paint dry fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 6, 2010

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
Where can I find Violet Snowdrop? It says in and around Tall Trees, but I am seeing it not.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Funny story from last night: I was finally completing the Flowers for a Lady stranger quest, looking for the Wild Feverfew around Hannigan's Stead at night. I come across one of those women asking for help that steal your horse if you stand around, the 2nd one I've ever encountered in my time playing single-player, so I decided to get some revenge for the first one I saw way back when that actually stole my horse. So I pull out my lasso and drag her behind my horse close to the edge of the cliff on the southern-ish side of Hannigan's Stead, just enough to let her fall to her death. Bitch won't be stealing horses in her underwear anymore. :clint:

Yeah, I have a story about that one woman who acts as a decoy for the bandits...not quite as badass, but still pretty funny. After I finished off the posse, I tried to rope and hogtie her (to get that dumb train tracks achievement for one thing) but I missed with the lasso and she went running off into the brush and cacti. About that time I heard a bunch of barking and howling, followed shortly by screaming and then silence.

She was chased down and eaten by a pack of wolves. :D

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 6, 2010

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Stoic Commie posted:

Where can I find Violet Snowdrop? It says in and around Tall Trees, but I am seeing it not.

In the snowy area

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Stoic Commie posted:

In Tall Trees with the gimmick that it only grows above the snowline. So go to Tall Trees and stay in the snowy area.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

I'm glad I'm not prestiging. I love my Bonzo, and I just got to try an albino buffalo and it was poo poo. No speed, OR endurance, and it turns way worse than Bonzo. At least the bull can take a whippin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grishka
Jun 4, 2010

With the mic in my hands
I'm a bad man
Even in a fight with the hands
I'm a bad man
Livin in the streets all my life
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man

OrangeGuy posted:

Is there something wrong when it's Professor MacDougal that I cannot help but wonder "What in the gently caress is wrong with you, man?".

Well, obviously there's something wrong with you not seeing how those dark-skinned savages have such a natural aptitude for violence, one that the white man could never understand. :colbert:
Actually, I thought that for a majority of the cast of the game.

• Locked thread