Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Ephrum posted:

https://www.manycam.com

Well yeah, I've known about that since ChatRoulette got big. Now all I need is some shareware software to send me back in time so I could have used this back when anyone still played Burnout Paradise.

(i suddenly got nostalgic for the night my friends and I spent queuing up for big group events in that game and then sabotaging the pubbies from succeeding)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lost Levels
Dec 11, 2009

The one warp pipe they didn't tell you about.
How To Grief In Runescape

First off, yes, I play runescape. I don't have much money, and it's a fun little game. Anyway, I have a pretty high level character with almost all of the skills maxed out. I have never been into the PVP area (PVP areas in any game make me nervous), but I have found a way to engage some noobs without stepping foot into the wilderness.

Motherfucking trees.

Trees are in high demand in Runescape. Especially expensive trees. People get defensive of their "spot" (as if you could own a piece of public land in an MMORPG, but I digress), and all you have to do is start stealing trees from them before they get a chance to chop it, and plenty of drinkable Pubbie Tears will flow for you to chug. This also applies to mining, but that's for amateurs. Get on a tree before someone else, and you're on your way to griefing paradise.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."

Hard Clumping posted:

I was just remembering why Burnout: Paradise made me so happy when I played multiplayer.

It's not so much that you can grief, but every time you take out another player, the game takes a screenshot of their webcam and sends it to you.

Nerolus fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jun 6, 2010

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Nerolus posted:

I loved picking the giant gold monster truck and just ramming people who tried to do tricks in the hangar area. Just like the game says, when you're in that truck, you always have the right of way.

It's even better when the resultant mugshots tell a little story:

Same guy, different day:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

This man looks like he's lost the will to live.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
Didn't someone get banned from XBL for mooning the camera while playing burnout paradise?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Novasol posted:

I loved picking the giant gold monster truck and just ramming people who tried to do tricks in the hangar area. Just like the game says, when you're in that truck, you always have the right of way.

Same guy, different day:

This is great, you are great.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed
Goddamn I loved Paradise. I set my webcam up to point at a stuffed owl instead of me. I don't know why you'd have the camera on yourself if you knew you were the kind of person who was likely to rage when you got taken out.

(Also those pictures are ripe for a joke about someone never having been "Taken out". I couldn't think of a good way to say it, so I'm just putting that out there.)

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!

Dinictus posted:

This is great, you are great.

Holy poo poo lmao

FuzzyPickles
Jun 7, 2004

Has no meaning posted:

WoW engineers can also craft a couple different upgrades that turn their cloak into a parachute, preventing other players from killing them with a knockback. I was playing my Horde Shaman and punting players off the Alliance airship in Icecrown when an Alliance Shaman decided to try the same trick on me. I wish I could've seen the look on his face when I flew right back up and killed him.

They even added a new version of the old mind control cap that you attach to your helmet. I have it attached to a useless wizards cap and I use it to run people into players of their own faction in pvp. I once controlled a hunter and used him to help me kill his own pet. I also use it when I heal sometimes and it backfires and I wind up controlled by the npcs which immediately make me Bloodlust, heal, and attack my party.

For those that dont play, shamans also have a knockback that blasts people much farther then a druid's Typhoon and in a full 360 degrees around the shaman. In the Arathi Basin battleground you can stand up at the lumbermill and launch people out over the map. If they have a slow fall effect and use it soon enough they wind up at the other end of the map. Otherwise they wind up like Wile E Coyote.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

So apparently you can grief that @Home thing on the PS3. Didn't mean to to be honest.

To make it clear, I don't regularly go on this. I just noticed I unlocked something on RDR, a sombrero or something, so I put it on my little virtual dude and made him look as Mexican as possible.

So there is this soccer field event poo poo going on, and a mini game you can play where you get twenty shots and you can only miss ten and you have to hit certain marks. Pretty simple. I run right up to it and press play. I begin to play immediately, not knowing exactly what was going on.

As I'm playing I notice a bunch of people crowding the soccer game event. They are all talking and someone brings up something about a queue. Didn't really pay attention. Thought the game was fun, so I immediately started playing it again.

Then I start reading the chat log a little bit. People are talking about me, saying I've hacked and that they are reporting me and such. What? Ok fine whatever. I finish my game, and people are still talking poo poo about me. These retards can't seem to press the X button to play the game, they are all in some line and don't want to miss their precious spot. Some people have been apparently waiting hours to play this stupid loving mini game, all dressed up in their virtual clothes that has cost them money.

These people are, to the core, retarded. So I turn my rear end around and play the mini game again.

People become furious. How dare I! How dare I exploit lovely coding in a beta project! Cry me a god drat river. They could have just as well jumped off the line and played before I got another chance to do it again.

Four times in a row, I played this stupid game, reading things like, "yo nig imma com 2 your houze an KILL U BITCH" and "reported!!11", and so on. I really doubt anything will happen to my PSN but I'm standing here making my little character do the robot while everyone is STILL talking poo poo about me (it's been a good twenty minutes) and I wonder how these people manage to breathe, let alone turn on their PS3's.

All over a stupid mini game. If this is supposedly the lite version of Second Life, I will never tread those waters. There are probably more furries there too. gently caress this, back to RDR.

ritcheyz
Dec 25, 2008

You've gotta be crazy
Gotta have a real need
I've been wanting to find this video of a guy playing loud sounds and music over Counterstrike, specifically one where he plays the Lion King theme song out of nowhere.

It's this song. (don't pay attention to the actual video, it's just the only good version of what I'm talking about.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El6oxXfCoIA&feature=related

Sorry that it's not that specific, but any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Time for a TTT story of my own.

Sometimes it's about mindgames

I was running around and saw a guy called Tiler Kiwi off by himself. So, for reasons I don't quite remember, I yell "OH MY GOD IT's TIL-" over the microphone, and then hide. Other people start panicking, and Tiler gets defensive, saying I probably just killed myself in console. So, I killed myself in console. Tiler finds me, which just makes him look worse to another player called mmik. Tiler tells mmik to check the body to confirm it was a suicide, and mmik shoots him instead. Tiler was the only traitor.

The very next round, Tiler says "God damnit, I bet Nova is going to do it again just to be an rear end in a top hat." So, just to be an rear end in a top hat, I did it again - I hid, yelled out "TILER'S SHOOTING ME" and then console killed myself. mmik kills Tiler, who was a traitor.

Some time passes, and the map changes to Port. I toss a discombobulator (knocks things around), and jump in the water as it explodes, screaming "TILER DISCOMBOBBED ME" as I fell. Tiler gets shot and killed by mmik. Traitor again.

Fourth time kinda backfired, as mmik and Tiler were both traitors. Since I wasn't able to harness mmik's borderline retardation to off Tiler, they had a successful round.

Welp, I can't be right five times in a row, can I? I decide to do it again, hiding and killing myself in a dark place, screaming about Tiler having a knife. Tiler, who is armed only with a crowbar and is in the middle of a crowd of innocents, gets shot and killed by mmik. Tiler is innocent, and utterly furious by this point, and I tell him I'm going stop.

quote:

Tiler Kiwi: hate doesnt even begain to encapsualte my range of emotions here

Some time passes, and the map changes to Bank, which is a bank with an elevator that leads down into a basement, which has a vault. And... mmik and I are both traitors. So I knife someone trying to open the vault, making sure he had time to shoot at me first as I called out "IT'S TIL-" and cutting my mic. Tiler knows exactly where I am, because I let him see me go towards the vault. He's completely dumbfounded with rage when mmik confronts him. Tiler starts screaming about how retarded mmik is, but is too awestruck with rage to even try to defend himself as mmik blows his brains out. When the round ends and he sees the round report where both of us were traitors who conducted a flawless victory, he was completely speechless.

Personally, I like to think of it as working a really, really long con.

Novasol fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 9, 2010

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Tiler was the traitor four rounds in a row? Really?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Not sure if this is griefing but it's funny as poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRAqglOT5Qc

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Barring teleporting engies, standing in front of snipers and trapping people in teleporters, it's about the only way you CAN grief in TF2 anymore :(

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Dizz posted:

Oh my god, this and his friend Tony Gambino are amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ-OzTwR3HI

Lincolnstein
Sep 10, 2007

Dizz posted:

This is incredible.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Lincolnstein posted:

This is incredible.

No. No it's not. Kids who speak higher than thety need to in an attempt to be funny is not funny at all.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Dizz posted:

I loving lost it when they told him to call gamestop, then he's on the line with a gamestop a few seconds later.

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Soulex posted:

No. No it's not. Kids who speak higher than thety need to in an attempt to be funny is not funny at all.

Have you actually listened to him? There's a whole lot more than that going on in his videos

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Ha ha, those Lollipop videos are ace.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Couldn't make it past the adolesecent singing. Let's give it another go then.

Edit: Nope, his voice is like a taking a cheese grater to my brain. The game stop bit was mildly funny. Everything else "Im drinking soda and it's past my bedtime" just didn't strike me as funny at all. Watched it from start to go, and it's just not that good. Compared to most of the other griefing done in this thread, it doesn't do justice.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 9, 2010

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Soulex posted:

Couldn't make it past the adolesecent singing. Let's give it another go then.

poo poo at least get to the Gamestop call. If you don't laugh by then, you have no soul.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Ragequit posted:

poo poo at least get to the Gamestop call. If you don't laugh by then, you have no soul.
The Construction Worker! ...I like him. :)
It's amazing how frequently the responses are passive-aggressive garbage or straight up hostility.

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.
i like how he talks about how he gets warm when he plays so he takes his pants off, plus he's actually pretty good, in one of his videos he's pyroing the whole team in their spawn on dustbowl

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Dizz posted:

He says he's twelve but personally I will never be sure. This is gold.

DJ Ramshackle
Nov 26, 2009

Not really a DJ

not quite a ramshackle

I would so play a game based on Tony Gambino

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

DJ Ramshackle posted:

I would so play a game based on Tony Gambino

He's definitely ripe for the penne.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

JohnDonovanLiver posted:

He is definately not a child, his jokes have a level of irony at times a young child could not come up with. Such as lapses into rhyming and flowing and things like "are you gonna be the construction worker?" "No its a front I'm really a member of organized crime"

John Liver
May 4, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

He is definately not a child, his jokes have a level of irony at times a young child could not come up with. Such as lapses into rhyming and flowing and things like "are you gonna be the construction worker?" "No its a front I'm really a member of organized crime"

He acts like every twelve year old I've ever met.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I'm pretty sure he's a goon. I remember someone posting his first video in the last TF2 thread before it had any views.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."

Soulex posted:

:shivdurf:
Compared to most of the other griefing done in this thread, it doesn't do justice.

You silly people playing video games. You're not funny at all. HMPH. :smugbert:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

JohnDonovanLiver posted:

[s]He also claims to be a girl. But no it's just some dude who can make a childlike voice

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Stuck in the middle with you.

Novasol posted:

Same guy, different day:

Every game needs this feature. Every. Single. Game. This is just loving beautiful.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Jadz posted:

Every game needs this feature. Every. Single. Game. This is just loving beautiful.

I would love it if there was an MMO based entirely on griefing people, and if you griefed them hard enough, it would do this. Maybe with a thing like domination in TF2 as well.

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

PalmTreeFun posted:

I would love it if there was an MMO based entirely on griefing people, and if you griefed them hard enough, it would do this. Maybe with a thing like domination in TF2 as well.

When a group wipes in world of warcraft it should do this.
It'd make intentionally wiping heroics so much more fun.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I used to be an admin on Ultima Online

I would ghost my player charcter with my GM, using razor scripts to auto-heal at 1 hp so I would never die

I would never actually help people who were stuck, just transport them to another stuck spot

I tweaked my Nightmares with extra speed, extra health, extra mana to make them killing machines that could never be outrun

I would kill you with my player over and over, lock you in a spot with dropped items, when the person would ask the GM's for help I'd come and say they werent really stuck, they just had to wait a month for the items to decay

I gave my Player character weapons that would be insta hit kills, allowing me to rampage through a town and take on literally hundreds of people at once in a game that was supposed to be all about 1v1

I could go on for hours, but anyone thats ever played UO, any griefing thing you can think of, multiply it by ten, and you are still not close to the level of rear end in a top hat I was.

and that is just U, one of the many games I've greifed

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Stuck in the middle with you.

PalmTreeFun posted:

I'm not very aggressive most of the time, so I don't go out of my way to be a griefer (love the stories in this thread, though), but I love to do whatever I can to make someone quit if they gently caress with me for no good reason. RDR is perfect for this, and I would have loved to have the camera feature to see this guy's expression.

My brother and I were doing some challenges together in free roam the other night, just minding our own business. We made it a point to go out into an area where nobody else was around, just because we didn't want to get in anybody's way, and we didn't want to get screwed with while we were doing our thing.

So we're running around in Blackwater, trying to get the challenges for getting $5k bounties, and nobody's hosed with us for half an hour or so. We're holed up in the saloon, and my brother ALMOST has his $5k bounty, which is hard because the marshalls just won't come inside very often, so it takes forever to lure them in and kill enough to get up that high. Anyway, he's at something like $4800 when I look on the map, and notice that some guy just quick-travelled into Blackwater. Just as I'm warning my brother that we're probably about to get messed with, this dude lobs a stick of dynamite into the room and blows us both to hell, resetting my brother's hard-earned bounty. "Mother fucker."

Now, we don't really rage, and we certainly don't rage-quit. We try to get others to do that. So we watched the map, and after the dude killed us, he promptly fast-travelled back out of town to McFarland Ranch and started doing Pike's Basin. Jackpot.

So we high-tail it over to the Basin, and wait on a cliff with our Rolling Blocks (sniper rifles) overlooking one of the objectives he's going to have to destroy before he can complete the Basin and get his XP.

Sure enough, he comes along, and I guess he was so busy killing the AI baddies that he didn't notice two guys on the cliff above him, carefully taking aim. I hold fire, and allow my brother to get the first kill off this guy, as payback. Then he was fair game. He kept respawning in the Basin, and it became a game between me and my brother to see who could headshot him first.

Then the poor bastard spawned on the path right next to us. I was surprised at first, and I think he was too, because he just kind of ran in a circle for a second. And then I had a great idea. Dynamite in RDR is the equivalent of hand grenades in just about every FPS ever - you can hold onto it as the fuse burns down, and blow yourself up. I think he knew what I was doing as soon as I decided to do it, because he immediately ran away from me when he saw me holding lit dynamite. But I was not to be deterred. I chased him down and blew us both to smithereens.

Now, I don't know what happened to us next - a glitch in the game's spawn code, maybe, since even on the top of the cliff where we were, we were still technically "in" the Basin area and the game didn't want to kick us out of the quest area or something - but he and I suddenly both started spawning in the exact same spot, where I would proceed to suicide bomb him over, and over and over again. I must have bombed him ten times or more before he finally left the server.

"Well, that takes care of that. Now, where were we?"
"gently caress that bounty challenge, it takes too long, I'll do it another time."
"Let's go pick flowers."
"Okay!"

:clint:

Jadz fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Soulex posted:

I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what the hell was supposed to be funny about these videos. Everyone was saying they were awesome, so I felt I must have been missing something.

I feel like it could be funny, if only the person doing the voices wasn't obviously trying so hard.

• Locked thread