Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Alman posted:

edit: though actually, I have two cousins that live in Denver that I go visit usually once or twice a year and go skiing. Maybe next time I go up for a ski trip I'll hit you up for a good place to go that weekend.

Definitely do that. Even if there isn't anyone in particular you want to see playing when you're here, Beta is worth a visit just to hear the Funktion One soundsystem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Played at Starscape in Baltimore this past Saturday, opener on the Steez Promo Bass Arena stage, and I recorded my set. Ironically, I forgot to pack up the iMic I use for recording live sets...

HARRY RANSOM - Live at Starscape [05-JUN-2010]
download link
stream link

1. Claude VonStroke – “Aundy (DJ Marky & S.P.Y. Remix)” [dirtybird]
2. Culture Shock – “Bad Red” [Ram]
3. Mindscape & Zero Method – “Dissonant” [Subtitles]
4. Lenzman – “Bittersweet” feat. Riya [SGN:LTD]
5. Phobia & Jubei – “Coopers Dream” [Coded Music]
6. dBridge – “Inner Disbelief” [Exit Records]
7. Icicle & Noisia – “Driftwood” [Shogun Audio]
8. Netsky – “Let’s Leave Tomorrow” feat. Bev Lee Harling [Hospital]
9. Break – “Natural Progression” [Utopia Music]
10. Code 3 – “Response Call” [Exit Records]
11. Hybris – “Not Human” [dubplate]
12. FD & Script – “Cougars” [C.I.A. Deep Kut]
13. Fresh & Pendulum – “Babylon Rising” [Breakbeat Kaos]
14. Lynx & Alix Perez feat. Kemo – “Keep It Low” feat. Rob McRudden [Detail Recordings]
15. Mindscape & Munk – “Into The Night” [Subtitles]
16. The Qemists – “Your Revolution (Reso Remix)” [Ninja Tune]
17. Dizzee Rascal, Chase & Status – “Heavy” [Dirtee Stank]
--- Guido – “Orchestral Lab” [Punch Drunk]
18. A1 Bassline – “8oh8 (Mayhem Edit)”
--- Addison Groove – “Footcrab” [Swamp 81]
19. Redlight – “Feel So Good” feat. Zaniah, Dread & Redskin [Run Music]

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Alman posted:

I actually live in Lawrence, so I'm at least close to Kansas City - Denver is about an 8-9 hour drive. The biggest reason I've never gone to one in KC is that I don't really know anyone else that goes to them. The reason I got interested is a couple friends of mine (not close friends, but guys I've hung out with a couple times) are DJ's and let me mess around on their setups last time I was over. One of them is playing a house/deep house set at a local bar here in Lawrence next week so I'm planning on checking that out.

Salem, MO is less than 5 hours from you. Might I suggest you take a look at Underground Sound 6? We're driving out from Indianapolis (8 hours away) and it would be totally worth it if you're looking to find the rave scene.

Also, you can't really be afraid of going out to events by yourself. If you're trying to play out and get gigs, you have to network, network, network. Plus, you may find people who could expose you to new music.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
^^^ that looks like a whole lot of fun. I'll have to check it out.

SUBFRIES posted:

Played at Starscape in Baltimore this past Saturday, opener on the Steez Promo Bass Arena stage, and I recorded my set. Ironically, I forgot to pack up the iMic I use for recording live sets...

HARRY RANSOM - Live at Starscape [05-JUN-2010]
download link
stream link

1. Claude VonStroke – “Aundy (DJ Marky & S.P.Y. Remix)” [dirtybird]
2. Culture Shock – “Bad Red” [Ram]
3. Mindscape & Zero Method – “Dissonant” [Subtitles]
4. Lenzman – “Bittersweet” feat. Riya [SGN:LTD]
5. Phobia & Jubei – “Coopers Dream” [Coded Music]
6. dBridge – “Inner Disbelief” [Exit Records]
7. Icicle & Noisia – “Driftwood” [Shogun Audio]
8. Netsky – “Let’s Leave Tomorrow” feat. Bev Lee Harling [Hospital]
9. Break – “Natural Progression” [Utopia Music]
10. Code 3 – “Response Call” [Exit Records]
11. Hybris – “Not Human” [dubplate]
12. FD & Script – “Cougars” [C.I.A. Deep Kut]
13. Fresh & Pendulum – “Babylon Rising” [Breakbeat Kaos]
14. Lynx & Alix Perez feat. Kemo – “Keep It Low” feat. Rob McRudden [Detail Recordings]
15. Mindscape & Munk – “Into The Night” [Subtitles]
16. The Qemists – “Your Revolution (Reso Remix)” [Ninja Tune]
17. Dizzee Rascal, Chase & Status – “Heavy” [Dirtee Stank]
--- Guido – “Orchestral Lab” [Punch Drunk]
18. A1 Bassline – “8oh8 (Mayhem Edit)”
--- Addison Groove – “Footcrab” [Swamp 81]
19. Redlight – “Feel So Good” feat. Zaniah, Dread & Redskin [Run Music]
Giving this a listen as soon as I get home from work, hell yeah

Pres
Dec 20, 2005

ever since I could remember I been poppin' mah collar
X-POST FROM THE ELECTRO/HOUSE THREAD

Pres posted:

This isn't one of my best but i'll put it on. Critique, opinions welcomed :)

RPresent for everyone! (Also available to download)

http://soundcloud.com/rpresley/rpresent-for-everyone

Tracklisting:
Silver Screen Shower Scene (Thin White Duke Remix) - Felix Da Housecat
Binary 101 - Alex Mind
Rock Nights (Nadastrom Remix) - Parse
Your body on me - Kids at the bar
Rhythm is a danger - Jackdied
Pusan City Lights (Deluce Street Fighter Remix) - Shin
Fight Round - Cassian
Let go - PUNCHES
Heartbeat song (Edwin van Cleef Remix) - Futureheads
Umbrella Beach (Grum Remix) - Owl city (IT'S A GOOD REMIX! HONEST!)
Beating Hearts (Blende Extended Remix) - Ocelot
Beat it (Short Circuit Remix) - Michael Jackson
Guns & Horses (Monsieur Adi Remix) - Elle Goulding
Through the night - Grum
Nightcall (The Girls Can Hear Us Remix) - Kavinsky
Celestia - Crystal Castles

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Terrible Horse posted:

sorry for that someone, then. theyre incredibly boring.

i didnt mean to state it so harshly but its basically what maguro and vernacular said, its something everyone does when starting out and you want to move past it as fast as possible. getting made fun of for it was what caused me to choose 'good tracks' over 'the biggest banger of the week,' so now youre getting it from me.

people can tell from your tracklists if you care, if you have something to teach them, or if you dont. i could tell by this one that you've got nothing to offer me. you're a dj; play me great tracks. your mixing could be complete poo poo, but if you are showing me tracks ive never heard, or are arranged in a way that convey a personality, im interested. ive got no time for a hypemachine trolling blog loving barely goes out to see djs twat. sorry.

I sometimes think the Top 10 list on Beatport is almost a disservice. That said, don't be afraid to buy or play a track just because it's in the top 10. If I like a track, I'm buying it; only because I'll know when to use it in my set and make it work - regardless of how popular it may be. But rarely is there something in the Top 10 that I even like.

And so much of Beatport's music, IMHO, it mis-categorized and it is probably to do with the huge amount of tracks released every day. (Most of which is absolute garbage or a re-release of something from a year ago, and it's actually not fun drudging through 1000s of tracks each week hoping to find just 5 or 10 that I like - if nothing pops up on my list of favorite artists / labels.)

I find myself enjoying JunoDownload.com more and more. (not a fan of the player being a popup, but I like that you can listen to other parts of the track aside from the regular sample).

geeves fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 7, 2010

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008
I would like to talk to the guy at Beatport who cuts out the samples and then tell him he needs te get his act together. So much samples on BP that don't expres what a track is really about.

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007
the best part is they seem to intentionally cut it right before the drop

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008

JimmyJazz posted:

the best part is they seem to intentionally cut it right before the drop

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

Sjoewe posted:

I would like to talk to the guy at Beatport who cuts out the samples and then tell him he needs te get his act together. So much samples on BP that don't expres what a track is really about.

Former Beatport employee here...

As I recall the samples are built automatically when content is submitted. IIRC, the sample is 2 mins long starting from 40% into the track, or failing that the last 2 mins of the track if it's really short

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

vanilla slimfast posted:

Former Beatport employee here...

As I recall the samples are built automatically when content is submitted. IIRC, the sample is 2 mins long starting from 40% into the track, or failing that the last 2 mins of the track if it's really short

Did you know Anna, who was working on the Beatsource project until about a year or so ago?

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

SUBFRIES posted:

Did you know Anna, who was working on the Beatsource project until about a year or so ago?

Yep! Worked pretty closely with her for much of that summer I was there doing research on the hiphop side of things. I was bummed when they shut Beatsource down as they had some pretty ridiculous content

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008

vanilla slimfast posted:

As I recall the samples are built automatically when content is submitted.

That explains the randomness.
The new pre-listen system on junodownload is much better, displaying the waveform etc, but then again beatport is much faster and easier to use. Ah well.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

vanilla slimfast posted:

Yep! Worked pretty closely with her for much of that summer I was there doing research on the hiphop side of things. I was bummed when they shut Beatsource down as they had some pretty ridiculous content

Crazy, such a small random world sometimes. Just saw her in DC last week, she's managing some friends of ours and was in town for their residency.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

Sjoewe posted:

That explains the randomness.
The new pre-listen system on junodownload is much better, displaying the waveform etc, but then again beatport is much faster and easier to use. Ah well.

When I was working there, we had scoped out a design for the backend to allow the labels to specify timestamps for the samples when they submitted content, but I don't know if that was ever picked up (and I didn't last there long enough to find out). Trust me though, this is obviously one of the things they are aware of

SUBFRIES posted:

Crazy, such a small random world sometimes. Just saw her in DC last week, she's managing some friends of ours and was in town for their residency.

Indeed! If you see her or talk to her again, tell her Bones says whatup ;)

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

vanilla slimfast posted:

Indeed! If you see her or talk to her again, tell her Bones says whatup ;)

Will do.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Loretta Trampface posted:

If a track is hot, who gives a poo poo if it's by somebody well known? Isn't the point of DJing to play good tracks? Or is it just to show how ~obscure~ your "refined" tastes are?

Not to put too fine a point on it, but this is the difference between a wedding/high school prom/mobile dj and actually DJing.

Yes, it sucks, but bloghouse teenagers actualyl ruined "One More Time", you can't drop it without looking like a nerd. This is just how the whole deal works. Its tragic, but its the way.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 8, 2010

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

geeves posted:

I sometimes think the Top 10 list on Beatport is almost a disservice. That said, don't be afraid to buy or play a track just because it's in the top 10. If I like a track, I'm buying it; only because I'll know when to use it in my set and make it work - regardless of how popular it may be. But rarely is there something in the Top 10 that I even like.

And so much of Beatport's music, IMHO, it mis-categorized and it is probably to do with the huge amount of tracks released every day. (Most of which is absolute garbage or a re-release of something from a year ago, and it's actually not fun drudging through 1000s of tracks each week hoping to find just 5 or 10 that I like - if nothing pops up on my list of favorite artists / labels.)

I find myself enjoying JunoDownload.com more and more. (not a fan of the player being a popup, but I like that you can listen to other parts of the track aside from the regular sample).

I like the juno playlist system. I can play the 100 newest tracks of a genre and just do something else while it plays.
But to be honest I never shop there anymore.
It's usually boomkat, bleep or zero-inch. And clone.nl just has some of the best records out there, but they only sell vinyl/cd.
i don't know why people go to beatport.
It's more expensive, the player isn't that good and the good content is harder to find within the endless amount of crap.
I hope bandcamp will really become something in the future. If they add a search function and a basic homepage it could become the best thing out there.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

mrfart posted:

i don't know why people go to beatport.
It's more expensive, the player isn't that good and the good content is harder to find within the endless amount of crap.

They have a poo poo-ton of high-profile labels locked into exclusive deals. So unless you're willing to wait 4-8 weeks for said labels' newest tracks, it's the only game in town for a lot of music

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

vanilla slimfast posted:

They have a poo poo-ton of high-profile labels locked into exclusive deals. So unless you're willing to wait 4-8 weeks for said labels' newest tracks, it's the only game in town for a lot of music

Yeah, unfortunately that's true.
I was just about to talk about this with a friend (label-owner of curle).
2,50 euro per track of his latest release (and that's just the mp3), and no option to buy it somewhere else.
Full releases are sometimes literally cheaper on vinyl.
It seems very unfair and it's very frustrating for sure.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

vanilla slimfast posted:

Yeah, that's the main reason and the majority of the labels I like, I have stored in my profile for an easy find :)

Other than that, trying to find a breakout track/artist on a label nobody knows about seems harder than ever.

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008
The only way to get the to truly new records nowadays, is getting access to a good promo pool.
Promo's are distributed between the high profile artists months before their public release, leaving us to sort out the crap. It isn't impossilble however, now and then I get to tracks that find their way into the charts a couple of weeks later. Sadly the only way to do this is sitting down and listen your way through the 1000's of new releases :suicide:

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

My latest radio show archive:

EPISODE #003: Harry Ransom [06-JUN-2010]
Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pxv1s2
Stream (part one): http://www.mixcloud.com/r4ns0m/break-the-science-003-06-jun-2010-part-one/
Stream (part two): http://www.mixcloud.com/r4ns0m/break-the-science-003-06-jun-2010-part-two/

The first hour of the show is a mixed bag of slower tempo tunes, and the second half of the show goes in on tech house & future garage mainly.

TRACKLIST
01. Vex'd - "Cold" [Planet Mu]
02. Vex'd - "Killing Floor (Mah Mix)" [Planet Mu]
03. Mikkel Metal - "Further" [Echocord]
04. Steve Starks - "Lydia (Nadastrom's Moombahton Edit)" [T&A Records]
05. Dave Nada - "Punk Rock Latino (Moombahton Edit)" [T&A Records]
06. Kowton - "Hunger" [Idle Hands]
07. Jimmy Edgar - "Tell It To The Heart" [No.19 Music]
08. Actress - "Machine & Voice" [Nonplus+ Records]
09. Claude VonStroke - "Aundy (Tanner Ross & Sergio Santos Remix)" [dirtybird]
10. LCD Soundsystem - "Get Innocuous! (Soulwax Remix)"
11. Martyn - "Seventy Four (Redshape Mix)" [3024]
12. Chroma & Miro Pajic - "Crack Line" [Tic Tac Toe Records]
13. Christian Martin - "Ghosts" [Trapez]
14. Momma's Boy - "Maldito Nino (Yankee Zulu Remix)" [Anabatic Records]
15. Chernobyl - "Balanca feat. Praga (Renaissance Man Remix)" [Exploited Records]
16. Armand Van Helden - "Hear My Name (Solid Groove Hear My Rub Mix)" [Southern Fried Records]
17. Seiji - "Hohoho" [Seijimusic]
18. Submerse - "94 (Sully Remix)" [Night Audio]
19. West Norwood Cassette Library - "What It Is (Brackles Remix)" [West Norwood Cassette Library]
20. Lil Silva - "Golds To Get" [Night Slugs]
21. Altered Natives - "Oh My Zipper" [Eye4Eye Recordings]
22. Sekta feat. Spoek Mathambo - "Peterpan (Doc Daneeka Remix)" [Top Billin']
23. The Martin Brothers - "Duckface" [dirtybird]
24. Elastic Fish - "Junction (Harry Ransom Remix)" [Tharsis Records]
25. Hackman - "Blacksnake" [Well Rounded Records]
26. Jamtech Foundation - "Too Fast (Julio Bashmore Remix)" [Discobelle Records]
27. Fantastic Mr Fox - "Sketches (SBTRKT Remix)" [Black Acre]
28. Nacho Lovers - "Acid Life (Surkin Remix)" [Fool's Gold Records]
29. Florence And The Machine - "Drumming Song (Boy 8-Bit Remix)" [Underground Collective]

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop
set from last night!

http://soundcloud.com/turboptwig/turbo-p-danger-fangs-6-10-2010

USHER - U MAKE ME WANNA
R KELLY - UR BODY IS CALLIN
MISSY ELLIOT - SOCK IT 2 ME
AALIYAH - AGE AINT NUTTIN BUT A NUMBER
TLC - NO SCRUBS
TLC - IF THEY KNEW
AALIYAH - TRY AGAIN
R KELLY - SUMMER BUNNIES
SWV - IM SO INTO U
TLC - AINT 2 PROUD 2 BEG
SALT N PEPPA - LETS TALK ABOUT SEX
TLC - WHAT ABOUT UR FRIENDS
R KELLY - DOWN LOW
AALIYAH - ONE IN A MILLION
INOJ - ALL I WANT
SALT N PEPPA - PUSH IT
R KELLY - BUMP N GRIND
INOJ - TIME AFTER TIME
INOJ - LOVE U DOWN

edit: was down is now up

trill ass fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 10, 2010

The Onion
Aug 9, 2005
Ban Spider Scares me:(
Cross posting dubstep mix from the main thread:

Hey Guys I did a dubstep mix! I'm usually a electro/breaks DJ but i've been obsessed with dubstep lately. It was produced in ableton live with a combination of CDJ's for effects and scratching. This is a darker/heavy dubstep mix with moments of light. It should appeal to even "casual" dubstep fans.

http://soundcloud.com/djonion/summer-grime-mix

DJ SliM presents: Summer Grime
Tracklist:
1. Muse - Kinghts of Cydonia (Nostaliga Dubstep Remix)
2. Excision - Swagga (Downlink Remix)
3. Excision - Subsonic (Original Mix)
4. Nero - Innocence (Original Mix)
5. Sub Focus - Could This Be Real (Joker Remix)
6. 12 Planet and Tealong - Reasons (Doctor P Remix)
7. The Buggalgo Brothers - Days Go By
8. Kid Cudi - Pursuit of Happiness (Steve Aoki Mix) (Killabits Remix)
9. Liquid Strange - Ripple
10. Sideny Samson - Riverside (Breakage Remix) VS Doctor P. Sweet Shop (DJ SliM Re-Edit)
11. Chesire - Stand up
12. Vaski - World on Fire
13. Sublime - Doing Time (Zeds Dead SUmmer Grime Remix)
14. Excision & Liquid Stranger - Get to the point
15. Excision & Liquid Stranger - One
16. Guns 'n' Bombs - Riddle of Steel (12 planet remix)
17. Ajapai - What do you hear
18. Ivory - Hand Grenade (Datsik & Excision Dubstep Mix)
19. Passion Pit - Sleepyhead (Borgore Remix)
20. Bassnectar - Timestrech (West Coast Lo Fi Remix)
21. The Tempter Trap - Science of Sleep (Herve Dub Remix)

myspace.com/rockmeonion
soundcloud.com/djonion

FatalTheGod
Oct 11, 2005
Figured I'd post a mix up in here since I never have! About 3 weeks ago I ended up grabbing a VCI-100 and Traktor (been using an APC40 and Ableton before), and my mixes have really improved. This is one from today that I'm really liking, and I figured I might as well share it and see what people think! Feedback is encouraged and I love hearing what people have to say.

http://www.mix.dj/media-MentalBreakdown

TRACKLIST
1. Give It Some Punch - Uppermost
2. Need Your Loving (Felix Cartal remix) - Laidback Luke
3. For The Love of Girls - Wolfgang Gartner
4. Skeleton - Felix Cartal
5. Rock Paper Scissors - Fukkk Offf
6. Talking In My Sleep - The Bloody Beetroots
7. Jahova - Rusko
8. Marmite (Doctor P remix) - Caspa
9. Jump Up (feat. Crookers) - Major Lazer
10. Control (JFK remix) - Kid Sister
11. Miscommunication (The Bloody Beetroots remix) - Timbaland
12. Alarm - Rambrandt
13. Bulletproof (Nacey Remix ft. Matt Hemerlein) - Major Lazer & La Roux
14. Bulletproof (Hypercrush Remix) - La Roux
15. How Soon Is Now (feat. Dirty South & Julie McKnight) - David Guetta
16. Drop Down - Designer Drugs
17. Handguns (Dada Life remix) - Alex Gopher

FatalTheGod fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 10, 2010

Derkin
Dec 2, 2001
Morgoth Metal Thorleifson
New Hard House/Trance, Techno/Acid Techno Mix done called +50 Renegade.

I had D.A.V.E. The Drummer out at my club recently and he let me remix One Night In Hackney, which we use as a closing tune on the hard night. The first track on this CD is that mix. Sadly, it won't be released as it was just for the club but I love it and was very happy and honoured that he let me have it to work over. Reviews welcome:)

https://www.djderkin.com

1. 15 Cans Of Techno - Derkin
2. My Doping - Milau
3. 042B - Bootek
4. I Was In Nam - Chris Comben
5. The Situation - Amp Attack
6. Acid Rocker - Alex Mac
7. Acid Rain - John Geary
8. Factor 6 (Equinox Remix) - Tomcat vs Amber Solaire
9. Spellbound - Wizard
10. D.W.P. - Ben E. Fitt
11. Take Me Back - BonE Idol
12. Body Rockin' - Dynamic Intervention & Karl Davis

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

Here is the recording of my opening set for Lee Burridge at Beta last night. I'm really happy with how this set turned out. So I ended up playing just a bit over two hours due to Lee's late arrival because of weather. Honestly one of the most fun gigs I've ever played.

Starts really deep and slow at around 113bpm, ending closer to 124bpm. Mostly a mixture of house, tech-house and techno

Stream: http://soundcloud.com/vanillaslimfast/bones-live-at-beta-2010-06-12
Download: http://soundcloud.com/vanillaslimfast/bones-live-at-beta-2010-06-12/download

Tracklisting
01. Luna City Express - Heaven's Gate [Moon Harbour]
* Open The Pod Bay Doors, Hal
02. Ryo Murakami - Just For This (Graeme Clarks Revenge Remix) [Dessous]
03. Floating Points - Vacuum Boogie [Eglo]
04. Claude VonStroke - Aundy (Tanner Ross & Sergio Santos Remix) [dirtybird]
05. Andre Lodemann - Dark Edge (Dairmount & Berardi Dub Mix) [Room With A View]
06. Mike Shannon - Under The Radar feat. Fadila (Rozzo Mix) [Cynosure]
07. Bubba - Drugs, Hugs & Thugs (Matthew Styles Remix) [Extended Play]
08. Manuel Tur - Beasts & The Birds [Delusions Of Grandeur]
09. Shur-I-Kan - Joe's Joint [Dark Energy Recordings]
10. Catz 'n Dogz & dOP - Deaf Wagrant (Selianka Edit) [Watergate]
11. Ladzinski - Diamond [boe]
12. Lee Jones - Closed Circus (Nick Hoppner Remix) [Cityfox]
13. Benno Blome - Nausicaa [Sender]
14. Sei A - Paraphaze [Turbo]
15. Joel Mull - High Coast Highway [Jericho]
16. Art Of Tones - Terres Conquises (Tribute 2 C2) [Room With A View]
17. Martinez - Paradigm Shift [Moon Harbour]
18. Shades of Gray - Motown Calling [Dark Energy Recordings]
19. SLG - I Love You But I've Chosen Disco feat. Smolny [Pets]
20. Guillaume & The Coutu Dumonts - Raw [Musique Risquee]
21. Martinez - Damaged Color [Moon Harbour]
22. Uone - Kontrol [BEEF]
23. David Pher & Sirak - Danzar [VIVa Music]
24. Kenny Hawkes - Play The Game feat. Louise Carver (Joris Voorn Remix) [U-Boot]
25. Shur-I-Kan - One Night In Tokyo [Freerange]

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010
psychedelic work slimfast

GbrushTwood
Jul 18, 2004
Mighty Pirate.
Here's one that I did recently, strictly geared for the summer. It's got some old songs, some new songs, electro with a nice disco'y section and an overall good vibe i think. It's appropriately called

"Sunny Day Fight Music" By The Vandal Squad

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?dytmwjfnnyy

Here's the tracklist:

1. Felix Cartal - Volcano (ft Johnny Whitney)
2. Felix Cartal - Volcano (Felix Cartal Remix)
3. Partyharders + The Subs - The Pope of Dope
4. Kill the noise - Roots
5. Boris Dlugosch - Bangkok
6. Buy Now Body Crash - JFK Edit
7. Zombies For Money - Numbra One (Foamo Remix)
8. Afrojack - Bangduck
9. Wolfgang Gartner - Undertaker
10. Les Petit Pilous - Wake Up
11. Herve - Blaze it (Reset! remix)
12. Ace of Base - All that she wants (Disco Villians remix)
13. Miike Snow - Animal (Punks Jump Up remix)
14. Duck Sauce - Barbara Streisand (The Vandal Squad vs OGOD edit)
15. Madonna - Into the groove (Bestrack remix)
16. Passion Pit - The Reeling (calvin Harris remix)
17. Cut Copy - Hearts on Fire (knightlife remix)
18. Crookers - Cooler couleur (Junkie XL remix)
19. Keenhouse - Deep in the forst
20. Fake Blood - I think I like it
21. Fake Blood - I Think I like it (Tommie Sunshine Ec$tacy edit)
22. Benny Benassi - Satiscation (afrojack remix)
23. Grum - Heartbeats
24. Borgore - Ice Cream
25. Tiesto Vs Diplo - C'mon!
26. Gigi Barocco - Gomma Gomma
27. DJ Antention - Jump (The Oddworld remix)
28. Sound of Stereo - Metric
29. VHS or Beta - Feel it when you know (Lucky Date remix)
30. Passion Pit - Little Secrets (The Filth remix)

annnnnnnnd if you like it, we'll post more original songs on our facebook, so befriend me!

http://www.facebook.com/thevandalsquad#!/pages/The-Vandal-Squad/336059528731?ref=ts

GbrushTwood fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 18, 2010

-God-
May 26, 2003

Just a test... Just a test.
Not done anything for a long time but thought I'd hit back with a Tech House mix for the Summer. First Tech House mix I've done as I've had no equipment for a while, also threw in a Nic Fanciulli remix my buddy made and I helped out with. Let me know what you all think.

http://soundcloud.com/nickbrown/tech-mix-june-20-2010

Playtime - 54.17
01. David Amo & Julio Navas & Andrea Bertolini - Nervioso (Olivier Giacomotto Remix)
02. Gui Boratto - No Turning Back
03. Christian Smith & John Selway - Move (Steve Angello Remix)
04. Uto Karem - Homebase (Original Mix)
05. Wolfgang Gartner & Francis Preve - Yang (Original Mix)
06. Nic Fanciulli - Lazio (Antronica Remix)
07. Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone (Deadmau5 Remix)
08. Tim Green - Creature
09. Fatboy Slim & Koen Groeneveld - Rockafeller Skank
10. M.A.N.D.Y. Vs. Booka Shade - Body Language

Mr. Spooky
Jul 1, 2003

I was allowed this account on the condition that I never post.
It's been a while, but here's my newest mix. It's a mix of electro, breaks, and old-school rave music. Enjoy, and please comment if you like it. This is an experiment.

http://www.ottawaraves.com/hiphop/Crash_Override-Through_The_Looking_Glass.mp3

Track Listing:

Panacea - Euphoria
Deadmau5 - Strobe (Plump DJs remix)
Fukk Off - Rave is King (Le Castle Vania remix)
Cut+Run - Freddy R U Ready
Propellerheads - Cali Sk8r
The Squatters - Up To No Good
Beastie Boys - Integalactic (New Skool Breaks remix)
The Chemical Brothers - Block Rockin' Beats (2 Bit Thugs re-rub)
Cut+Run - Ground Cru
Bexxie - It's Amazing
NRG - Never Lost his Hardcore
E-Zee Possee - Everything Starts With An "E" (Crystal Method It's Hardly House Mix)
Nervous + Anxious - Living in Ecstasy
Alpha Team - Go Speed Go
GTR vs. The Shrink - Nervous Breakdown
Cut+Run - Blade
Cut+Run - Hyperspeed
Panacea - Is this a Dream?

Perry
Jul 18, 2004

OH SHI
Figured it couldn't hurt to put a few links up here. I used to DJ in Germany, but then I moved to Ireland and now it's just my ever-so-satisfying hobby.

http://www.perrymusic.net

Perry fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 22, 2010

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010

Perry posted:

Figured it couldn't hurt to put a few links up here. I used to DJ in Germany, but then I moved to Ireland and now it's just my ever-so-satisfying hobby.

My yearly studio mixes:
http://soundcloud.com/perry/sets/perrymix

Mixed "live" with portable deck and nanoKORGs from various places around my apartment:
http://soundcloud.com/perry/sets/perry-live

Something fun I recently threw together:
http://soundcloud.com/perry/sets/euphoria

If you need it (which you probably don't) I'll PM you a link to my website where you'll find track IDs.

No DL, and just post your website dude

Perry
Jul 18, 2004

OH SHI
Alright, I'm sorry. Edited.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
edit: nevermind

torb main fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 30, 2010

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
lol thinking what you put on a cd you give to bar managers matters.

double lol thinking sending a cd to bar managers will get you gigs.

triple lol thinking it will even be listened to.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I would also be rather surprised if that worked.
If I was a barmanager i would also be suspicious when given a 'minimix'.
I don't like the whole minimix thing to begin with. Being able to mix 6 tracks doesn't make you a dj (I'm not saying you can't do more).
But it's very hard to get into bars/clubs if you're unknown. Had the same problem, and by the time I got a little fame I was so tired of doing it I quit.
Anyway, the djscene is a connection/friend type of scene, whether you like it or not (I really don't). And you'll have a lot more succes going to clubs and talking to some of these guys in person.
I read an article recently about how hard it has become to just get noticed as a good dj. Most of the guys who get famous fast do it because they released some stuff themselfes (often nothing to write home about). But this has very little to do with being a good dj.
Good luck, though (I mean that).

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
I have a friend who DJ's around here and he said that's how he got his first few gigs. He's also passed it along to a couple of his connections, so I suppose I've had a bit of help as far as connections.

Anyway, whatever, maybe it's not supposed to work but it did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

hand out demo CDs with your name phone number and email to absolutely everyone

make sure they're GOOD demo CDs though

maybe most people won't listen... but someone will

• Locked thread