Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Canceling out a save will still advance time 6 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Call me crazy, but has anyone else heard the nameless NPC in Blackwater that sounds remarkably like Unknown Hinson? He's the guy that does the voice of Early from Squidbillies.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Just picked this up yesterday, loving every minute of it.

I was riding around at a relatively leisurely pace, and one of those two-man chases passed by (one guy shooting at another, both on horses). Somehow my horse got caught in the crossfire, died, and left me stranded in the middle of goddamn nowhere. I was then mauled by a cougar.

Again, loving every minute of it.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Call me crazy, but has anyone else heard the nameless NPC in Blackwater that sounds remarkably like Unknown Hinson? He's the guy that does the voice of Early from Squidbillies.
I've heard him now and again, well before I reached Blackwater. I seem to remember hearing him most around Thieves' Landing, and maybe Armadillo a bit.

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
What's the thread title referencing?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The general store owner in Armadillo goes on about how you won't find any Jew wares in his stores.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

VDay posted:

The general store owner in Armadillo goes on about how you won't find any Jew wares in his stores.
I'm Herbert MOOOOON

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Robot Hobo posted:

I've heard him now and again, well before I reached Blackwater. I seem to remember hearing him most around Thieves' Landing, and maybe Armadillo a bit.

I heard him in Armadillo too, and thought Unknown Hinson right away, but it's most likely just someone else doing that voice.

Greedish posted:

What's the thread title referencing?

The strife in the Gaza strip, and the blockade runners.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

PrinceofNessus posted:

I experienced this same problem for a while. I had, at some point between Armadillo and Mexico, developed stick dyslexia and was using the right analogue stick instead of the left.

Jesus, I was totally doing that.

I had a hard time playing Poker, where you needed to clear out the table in Armadillo, but I got a nice table with Herbert Moon who is the biggest pussy in the world. He would fold any time I upped the bet. I cleared out the table down to one dude and lost. But I tried again and everyone else left the table so it was just me and that one dude.

I still can't play liar's dice for poo poo. Seems like the PC just fucks me over each time. I can't lie to them and I ALWAYS pick the wrong thing on them. 5 ones? I'm calling you out!!! Welp, the AI each had 3 ones... ugh...

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

AxeManiac posted:

I still can't play liar's dice for poo poo. Seems like the PC just fucks me over each time. I can't lie to them and I ALWAYS pick the wrong thing on them. 5 ones? I'm calling you out!!! Welp, the AI each had 3 ones... ugh...

I've found that the AI can, at times, be incredibly dumb at Liar's Dice. But it's completely random, you may get lucky and you may not. I've noticed a couple of behaviors the NPC's seem to have, like if it's down to you and another guy and he bets a certain amount, he probably has exactly that amount so if you don't have whatever face he bets just call him with a "dead on". It'll probably work most of the time, since I've noticed that calling a lone player's bluff will always gently caress you. Or not... again, luck.

I love it, though, when they bump the bet from like two 1's to five 6's. Most of the time if the computer is bluffing they just go hogwild and make the most unbelievable bullshit bet.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Tewratomeh posted:

I've noticed a couple of behaviors the NPC's seem to have, like if it's down to you and another guy and he bets a certain amount, he probably has exactly that amount so if you don't have whatever face he bets just call him with a "dead on".

I've noticed that too, and it's usually true, but I've definitely, definitely made that bet and lost (for example, where the guy had one die left and bid first, it turned out he was lying).

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
loving Brumas the Bear won't spawn

I want to kill him dead but he does not spawn. I worked hard, getting mauled by Cougars roughly a half a dozen times to even get past Master Hunter Level 5

gently caress Cougars

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.

Dr.Smasher posted:

Brumas the Bear

What is this?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Houdini posted:

What is this?
At Master Hunter Level 10, you have to hunt 3 legendary animals - “Lobo” the legendary wolf, “Gordo” the legendary boar, and “Brumas” the legendary bear.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Dr.Smasher posted:

I want to kill him dead but he does not spawn. I worked hard, getting mauled by Cougars roughly a half a dozen times to even get past Master Hunter Level 5
Cougars are total pussies(:v:) in my game. Every time I stab them in the face they run away. The only reason why I have 1 / 2 for Master Hunter Level 5 is because one got trapped in some rocks running from me. Do throwing knives count for kills?

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
I played liar's dice with my friends today. Like, with real dice. It's very, very fun.

KungfooMF
Feb 21, 2002

Greedish posted:

I played liar's dice with my friends today. Like, with real dice. It's very, very fun.

My daughter has "Pirates Dice" which is the same thing except with a Pirates of the Caribbean motif. It is a very easy and fun game to play.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

Do throwing knives count for kills?
It has to be the hunting knife, I think.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Obsurveyor posted:

Cougars are total pussies(:v:) in my game. Every time I stab them in the face they run away. The only reason why I have 1 / 2 for Master Hunter Level 5 is because one got trapped in some rocks running from me. Do throwing knives count for kills?

Nah, it says melee knife (Which, before I threw about the throwing ones, made me wonder what other kind of knife there was besides melee). Good luck.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Away all Goats posted:

I'm Herbert MOOOOON

I was having a marathon of cheating at poker then dueling people. The last guy left at the table catches me so we start a duel. He gets disarmed, then runs away yelling "I'M HERBERT MOOOOON!" and firing one handed at me with a rifle.

He got away... this time.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I loving love the stats this game keeps.

Total distance hogtied victim dragged: 7,841.21 feet. Oh but didn't we have fun on the railroad track that day.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Obsurveyor posted:

Hint: You have a lasso, maybe that could help?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Howard Beale posted:

I loving love the stats this game keeps.

Total distance hogtied victim dragged: 7,841.21 feet. Oh but didn't we have fun on the railroad track that day.

How do you drag a victim? I only know that I can carry them and put them on my horse.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Mr E posted:

How do you drag a victim? I only know that I can carry them and put them on my horse.
Stay on your horse. Hold the left trigger to pull out your lasso. Press the right trigger to lasso someone. Just hold on to the left trigger and they'll stay lasso'd, so you can drag them around.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

Stay on your horse. Hold the left trigger to pull out your lasso. Press the right trigger to lasso someone. Just hold on to the left trigger and they'll stay lasso'd, so you can drag them around.

Awesome, even more fun with this game will now be had.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Laughing Man posted:

Hint: You have a lasso, maybe that could help?

I tried lassoing a full grown stag lass night. Fucker dragged me like 10 feet.

Jax 57 or Jist Bgiu
Jul 19, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So I was speeding full-gallop out of Armadillo and saw the nun that gives you the magical rosary that I've been hearing about. I was so intent not to lose her that I slammed right into her, killing her instantly. :(

Does she ever come back? I've played a good deal since and haven't seen a single nun. Is she more likely to appear if I loiter around towns or did I screw it up permanently?

Note that both my fame and honor are maxed.

Jax 57 or Jist Bgiu fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 11, 2010

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Mr E posted:

Awesome, even more fun with this game will now be had.

HERBERT MOOOOOOOON should be more appreciative of all the work I do to ensure his shoplifters come back after a nice drag through as many cactus patches as possible.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008

OgNar posted:

I tried lassoing a full grown stag lass night. Fucker dragged me like 10 feet.

Haha, yea, I wouldn't recommend lassoing the rams, or the bucks, or the bears, but the cougars go all kitten playing with yarn on you.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

VDay posted:

He's also convinced that John Marsten was once a hitman for the Jews.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Goons, let us free-roam and multiplay tonight. Brostophales.

Just hit me up.

Please

Jax 57 or Jist Bgiu
Jul 19, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Haha, these silent movies own.

This game is just too good.

LittleCat
Oct 24, 2004

twinkle, twinkle, little bat
I'm spoiler dodging, so sorry if I missed recent discussion about this, but question:

In Mexico, after De Santa betrays you, is there supposed to be a cutscene before Reyes and the other rebels rescue you? After I got knocked out by De Santa's man, it went black, and then I found myself in the midst of a fire fight with no context at all. Did I miss something or is there just a gap there?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

LittleCat posted:

I'm spoiler dodging, so sorry if I missed recent discussion about this, but question:

In Mexico, after De Santa betrays you, is there supposed to be a cutscene before Reyes and the other rebels rescue you? After I got knocked out by De Santa's man, it went black, and then I found myself in the midst of a fire fight with no context at all. Did I miss something or is there just a gap there?

Marston wakes up with De Santa basically saying "Did you think we wouldn't find out about you helping the rebels? Now we're going to kill you." At that moment Reyes and the rebels start shooting and he calls you over so he can free you.

LittleCat
Oct 24, 2004

twinkle, twinkle, little bat
Awesome, thanks for the recap. I must have hit a button or something. That's the second thing I missed now, the first one being the apparently amazing song at the start of Mexico (I wanted my horse, dammit!).

Grishka
Jun 4, 2010

With the mic in my hands
I'm a bad man
Even in a fight with the hands
I'm a bad man
Livin in the streets all my life
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
The only thing Herbert Moon hates more than cheaters is the Jews and the railroad companies!

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

OK, can someone give me some bear knifing tips please? :(

What I've been doing so far is shooting the bear with a shotgun, then just trying to knife the bear and dodge out of the way.

Then, ALWAYS, without fail, a second bear comes running in, sometimes even a third, and I either die right away or I just have to run.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Grishka posted:

The only thing Herbert Moon hates more than cheaters is the Jews and the railroad companies!

I had to fuckin pause the game when I heard that I was laughing so hard. Totally unexpected and awesome.

The Lost Levels
Dec 11, 2009

The one warp pipe they didn't tell you about.
Well, I just beat this game tonight. At least I think I did. I just got to the part where John dies, just like that book "John Dies at the End," but I really didn't want him to. And now I'm stuck playing as his whiny loving son who looks like Jewish and angry with a lovely voice actor. Seriously, who would do something so lovely to their fan base? I'm honestly angry at this. I've never seen something so ridiculously lovely done to the player.

THAT is what I spent 20 hours of my life building up to? Really, rockstar? loving ridiculous. Ugh.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUTRID GREEK WOMAN
Aug 12, 2008
STOP loving QUOTING SPOILER TAG MISTAKES!!!!! YOU DUMB rear end! ARGGH!!!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread