Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigs
Feb 26, 2005
I didn't do it.
For people having trouble with Lairs Dice here's what I did. Always tell the truth of what you rolled. Say you rolled 2 twos and 2 sixes. Choose 2 twos for your fist bid. If somebody chooses a higher die then say you have 2 sixes. Doing that every time will force them to call bullshit on you a lot and they will lose their dice fast. When they are low its easy to tell if they are bullshitting you. Also say you roll 3 of one number then always say you only have 2 of them then if you have to say you have three. They almost always call bullshit on you after the first turn and will lose their dice and if not then they will after the second turn. If you never lie they will always screw themselves over. Of all the games I played not once did they say I was spot on. Once I figured this out it only took me one game to get the achievement where you have to win without losing a die.

I hope that makes sense. If not let me know what to clarify.

Edit: also when they are low on die often they will say there are more of a type of a dice on the table then they have when they do that just call bullshit on them. It is usually pretty obvious.

Pigs fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

leidend posted:

I don't think I can ever shoot a racoon in this game again after seeing this sight in my backyard. :3:

They are diseased vermin that will gnaw your leg off as soon as look at you.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Slantedfloors posted:

They are diseased vermin that will gnaw your leg off as soon as look at you.

Yeah, get one cornered and you'll see how "cute" they are real quick.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong re: getting "I Know You?" I'm about 12 missions into the story on a new game (didn't even know this mission existed til after i'd beaten the game) and yet still the stranger isn't spawning. It's near the Water and Honesty stranger right? Anyone have like a stranger map that can show me exactly what i'm doing wrong?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

ape canyon posted:

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong re: getting "I Know You?" I'm about 12 missions into the story on a new game (didn't even know this mission existed til after i'd beaten the game) and yet still the stranger isn't spawning.
The first time you see him, he is next to the cliff around Hennigan's Stead, directly South of Mescalero on your map, as you come up from Armadillo on your way to MacFarlane Ranch.

Created a quick little map, here's his general location:

Crows Turn Off fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 22, 2010

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Sco Dylan posted:

Speaking of beating the poo poo outta this game, how come it took so long for me to find cool new gang matches? I was already done with Single Player and Lvl 45 or so before I ever got the Diez Coronas Hold Your Own match which was incredible, and I haven't gotten it again since. Then last night sitting at Lvl 50, we got a Grab The Bag in Twin Rocks all over the hills, which I had never played.

Are there any other gang matches that hardly show up? I wish there was a way to select a game, because the Diez Coronas one was the poo poo.

Go to Diez Corona in free roam and start a match from the world icon. I don't know if it'll work or not, but i THINK this is how you're supposed to choose specific areas to play.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

leidend posted:

I don't think I can ever shoot a racoon in this game again after seeing this sight in my backyard. :3:
When you move into an area where seeing a raccoon is possible outside of your house you'll find out they're vicious, filthy, disease ridden fucks.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So when is Outlaws Co-Op DLC dropping today?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My friend killed about 90 of the damned things over a year when they kept going after his garbage cans and his cats.

I hate the fuckers myself.

I am half tempted to buy him an account if we ever get a "gently caress I hate raccoons" thread going.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Policenaut posted:

So when is Outlaws Co-Op DLC dropping today?

Today (should be today, depending on when this post goes through. Tuesday the 22nd is the day i'm talking about) sometime. Probably noon-ish when the PSN store gets updated.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ShowTime posted:

Today (should be today, depending on when this post goes through. Tuesday the 22nd is the day i'm talking about) sometime. Probably noon-ish when the PSN store gets updated.

Oh? The DLC is like a regular PSN/XBLA download? Cool, I was under the assumption it was a mandatory update or something.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Huh, if you cheat at poker and kill HERBERT MOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN , it doesn't give you that warning about a shopkeeper being killed and the store closing for a few days.

Awesome, I can kill him a lot, and not have to wait to buy mah groceries!

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Huh, if you cheat at poker and kill HERBERT MOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN , it doesn't give you that warning about a shopkeeper being killed and the store closing for a few days.

I was playing hold 'em in Armadillo with Herbert when all of a sudden I hear "It's Herbert Mooooon! I've been robbed!" from outside in the street. Dude must have a cloning device in the back of the general store somewhere.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Is there any possible reason why post 1.02 RDR multiplayer would stop working? Before the patch it worked perfectly fine, even though I'm on NAT 3. I even opened up some ports and saw some noticeable improvements in my connectivity, but after the 1.02 patch, the only multiplayer I can do is solo free roam. I can't join anybody or vice versa. Right now I've got the game reinstalling both the game data and the patch, but if that doesn't work, Does anybody have any suggestions or any idea what's causing this?

liquidypoo fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jun 22, 2010

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hopped on to see if the new DLC co-op missions were out.....What a great time for a red-ring of death. I wanna cry right now, gently caress you Microsoft.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Obsurveyor posted:

Once the count for the number of dice goes up, no amount of down with any sticks or d-pad will lower it for me after changing it to a higher die.

You must increase either the number or dice or die size bid. If you increase the number of dice you can reduce the die size, but if you increase the die size you cannot decrease the number of dice.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DLC is up in the Canadian store.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Every once in a while I like to sit down for a game of poker, get caught cheating, and shoot a dude to death. You'll usually find four dollars or so on the body, so it costs about $6 for a fun duel and some easy honor. You can spend the full $10 to shoot the gun out of his hand for more honor, or disarm him and then shoot him in the back for negative honor!

Also, you're completely right that killing people in duels caused by cheating doesn't really get tracked by the game. One guy kept winning at poker, so I became convinced that he was cheating and decided that I would intentionally flub at cheating so he'd catch me and I could shoot him in the face. The next day he and his awful beard were right back at the table.

Yes, I am the worst possible person, what of it

Edit: the other night, I ran into the "angry guy about to stab a hooker" random event. Since nobody terrorizes hookers in this town but me, I rode up at a dignified pace and blasted him twice in the chest at close range. Then, as people yelled in surprise and scattered, Marsten peered down from his horse and politely said, "I couldn't just pass by and let him kill you, ma'am."

It was John Wayne as gently caress. Moments like that are what really make this game great. Well, that and pushing people in front of wagons.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jun 22, 2010

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

TheJoker138 posted:

DLC is up in the Canadian store.

Up in the US store as well.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

You must increase either the number or dice or die size bid. If you increase the number of dice you can reduce the die size, but if you increase the die size you cannot decrease the number of dice.
Right, but Showtime said that my example would work after I said I thought the tutorial was confusing and would like to see it again to see if I read it wrong or if it is just worded poorly.

Obsurveyor posted:

I wish you could go back and get the tutorial messages again without starting a new game. I got confused because I thought it told me I could bid a higher number of the same die or bid a higher die(i.e. one 1 could be outbid by one 6).

ShowTime posted:

No one else seemed to pick up on this, and me saying this is probably going to open up the Liar's Dice talk again, but you CAN outbid by using a higher die. The example you cited yourself is correct. 1 die showing 1 will be outbid by 1 die showing 2, 1 die showing 2 will be outbid by 1 die showing 3, etc. etc. 1 die showing 6 will be outbid by 2 die showing 1's.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I literally just got to Blackwater. Is now a good time to make an extra save?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Hamburlgar posted:

I literally just got to Blackwater. Is now a good time to make an extra save?

LITERALLY?!

Yes, make a save. In fact, become a Legend of the West and THEN save, then continue with your story in the main save.

Has anyone tried the coop thing yet?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What's the reasoning behind the extra save anyway? I've finished the main story and now just trying for 100% (:argh:Bounty Locations:argh:), and can't really figure out what people were wanting to go back and replay differently.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

2ndclasscitizen posted:

What's the reasoning behind the extra save anyway? I've finished the main story and now just trying for 100% (:argh:Bounty Locations:argh:), and can't really figure out what people were wanting to go back and replay differently.

Most people can't stand the look or voice of Jack Marston. John is cooler, more calm, much more the "cowboy" type, you practically attached yourself to him throughout the story if you're not a robot

and he's just plain dreamy :allears:

That said I'm gonna be trying out the co-op pack for right now. Please invite me if you care to play with a team-player

GT: Onimorter - Shotgunnist :clint:

Morter fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jun 22, 2010

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Angry Diplomat posted:

It was John Wayne as gently caress. Moments like that are what really make this game great. Well, that and pushing people in front of wagons.

This game is all loving atmosphere. The best part is that it's not just like playing a Western, it's like playing EVERY Western. You're John Wayne one moment then Clint Eastwood then Gary Cooper and motherfucking Paladin the next. I seriously hope it gets enough younger people interested in the genre to make them popular again.

Remmiz
May 3, 2009

GRUUUUUUMMBLES!
I'll be down for some coop once I get off work around 5:00 CST. GT: remmiz

thingfromtheswamp
Feb 25, 2009
Finished the game. I thought the first two acts were so-so, with JM just being led by the nose and changing factions depending on who could dangle the info he wanted. I expected there to be more duels, particularly between Bill and Dutch. But the third act, where you get to play dad and husband was really superb and the story came into its own, and the ending packed a wallop. The glitches also undermined the game, and I was also expecting a bit more polish.

I also thought Jack looked like a reject from CATS but maybe it was just me..

Still, 8/10.

thingfromtheswamp fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 22, 2010

Primitive Screwhead
Dec 11, 2007
Yes sir, listening. No sir, no touching.
I just got this, and I scanned the last couple of pages to find an answer: What to the purchasable maps actually do? I bought them, used them and notice no difference on my map.

Tikal
Nov 14, 2008

If anyone wants to play now, i'm down. GT- Cryptic125

Griffon
May 14, 2003

You need to go into your inventory and use them. They reveal the map locations for that area you purchased.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Primitive Screwhead posted:

I just got this, and I scanned the last couple of pages to find an answer: What to the purchasable maps actually do? I bought them, used them and notice no difference on my map.
If you've already been to all the locations in that area just riding around before you purchase and use the maps, they don't do much. If you just ride into Presidio, for example, and purchase and use the map, it will allow you to "discover" all locations in that area.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I will be getting the DLC as soon as I get home, GT: Alrindel.

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you
So excited for the co-op pack, I hope this helps revitalize the MP a bit.

It sucks how so many people just grinded Solomon's Folly or another hideout over and over again to level up then just put it away and say the MP sucks or is "boring" now. Yeah, it'll be boring and suck when you treat it like an assignment.

If you take your time and enjoy it you and random strangers can create some epic moments, one of my favorites being a long rear end chase across the entire map. Love the MP, hope they keep adding stuff.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Are you guys being prompted to download the DLC when you log into RDR or is it on the store? It's not on the PSN store yet, which is why i'm asking if I need to actually load the game.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

ShowTime posted:

Are you guys being prompted to download the DLC when you log into RDR or is it on the store? It's not on the PSN store yet, which is why i'm asking if I need to actually load the game.

I got it through the in-game Marketplace, though that just takes you to the Live Marketplace anyway.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Still not available on PSN. Waiting to update the OP until I know it's available on both systems.

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007
The PSN store hasn't updated yet, how are you guys seeing the DLC already? I loaded up the game and still couldn't get it that way either

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Dr Geek posted:

The PSN store hasn't updated yet, how are you guys seeing the DLC already? I loaded up the game and still couldn't get it that way either

the 360 gets stuff before PSN.

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007
Oh yeah, I guess they didn't specify in their posts if it was 360 or PSN so I just got my hopes up.

Once it's up, who wants to play some co-op? PSN: unclecaveman69

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salmon, the Wise Fish
Jun 28, 2004
so anybody elses game wicked hosed up since installing the dlc? I just tried a few gang matches and the first match nobody had any guns and had their free roam skins, second match the enemy team was invisible, and any kills showed as suicides, and one guy was flying around the sky, and the third match just never stopped loading. Sooo what's the deal here?

UPDATE: I officially cannot even get into free roam anymore. It just hangs on the loading screen forever.

Salmon, the Wise Fish fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 22, 2010

• Locked thread