Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Nullsmack posted:

You could always get an old pocketpc/windows mobile PDA and put various bits on it as mp3s then hook it to line-in. You'd lose your mic unless you got creative with the wiring. Like using a Y-adapter. I wish someone would make something like a soundboard application for those old PDAs sometime.

Doing this is great, because you can't just spam source games like you can with HLDJ, you can spam ANYTHING. Skype, Killing Floor, Ventrilo, Serious Sam HD. anything that uses the mic.

I myself use virtual audio cable, and an EEEPc. Which lets me play stuff from youtube, mp3s, internet radio. Me and a group of buddies were playing Killingfloor while I had the audio book for World War Z streaming, mostly the parts with Mark Hamill.

This site http://instantsfun.es/ comes in handy for mic spammage too. It's a sheet with a crap load of flash buttons, each plays a sound or song. they add new ones all the time, the only down side is some are entire songs, and you can't stop one once it starts.

edit: oh you can stop them by hitting escape. okay then!

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed
I'm just gonna leave this here (from the WoW subforum)

Nazi Zombies posted:

Some human being who got sponsored into our guild by a goon nobody really knew. We kicked him and made him pay to get back in before kicking him again. Here's the video if you haven't seen it already in our thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8One2PAAMQE

Gavitron
Sep 11, 2001

One of the downsides of being special is that you feel out of place wherever you go.
Pillbug

Category Fun! posted:

I'm just gonna leave this here (from the WoW subforum)

it's nice to see crossover like this. good to know that eve is not the only game with Goon recruitment scams.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

Gavitron posted:

it's nice to see crossover like this. good to know that eve is not the only game with Goon recruitment scams.

You haven't heard of this stuff before? Seriously, check out http://www.wowgoons.com/

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Category Fun! posted:

You haven't heard of this stuff before? Seriously, check out http://www.wowgoons.com/

Jesus Christ, charging membership fees on a monthly basis?

That's brutal.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

fennesz posted:

Jesus Christ, charging membership fees on a monthly basis?

That's brutal.

It's hilarious is what it is.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

:ssh: you have already paid the fee.

Also none of that is true, and it is all perfectly worded to ENRAGE pubbies.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
I love the $1 per DKP pricing. An absolute bargain at that price.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Devian666 posted:

I love the $1 per DKP pricing. An absolute bargain at that price.

And the fact that we don't run dkp raids.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

KGBAgent185 posted:

And the fact that we don't run dkp raids.

And this is what?

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

MageMage posted:

And this is what?

DKP is basically a system of currency for raiding that is managed by an addon/calculator rather than being part of the game.. You earn DKP for doing things like showing up on time, and killing bosses. The idea is that you earn DKP for participating in raids, and then you "spend" that DKP in order to "buy" the loot that drops. More participation = more DKP = more rewards for contributing. The website claims to sell DKP for real money so you can use your real bucks to buy fake swords or whatever.

jesus_rocket
Jan 11, 2006

OMG HAPPEE
I've started hosting clonk rage games with a few friends on steam who i introduced to the game, usually we play on pretty hard maps that have a lot of lava/monsters.

Since I've been playing the longest i usually set up a few guard towers and get everybody inside where we start to build our city. Lately though due to sheer malice or in retaliation for other players intentionally flooding my mines i've been shutting players outside, and leaving a drain pipe for magma inside the guard towers (they have two doors and be used as liquid containers), so when someone comes to the door and asks to be let in, they get doused in magma (fire is pretty much an instant kill.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Category Fun! posted:

Oh my God, that is hilarious. The recruitment scam taken to its logical and awesome extreme.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Doltos posted:

Unless that was a custom server, UO was never like that because you couldn't own 50 bears on the server settings for the game. So it was never really like that in the first place.

Pre-Renaissance, there was no pet limit.

Although, there wouldn't be enough time to cast invisibility on 50 bears, the first one would have worn off by the time you invised the 10th bear.

fennesz posted:

Hey folks, remember this video? (High School Dropout Deathmatch - GoronCity)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Se1m-XsAU

A role playing Half-Life server? Your kidding me.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

MageMage posted:

A role playing Half-Life server? Your kidding me.

"You're", and no, sadly. Anything with private servers has roleplaying servers. Usually Always lovely servers.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

fennesz posted:

Hey folks, remember this video? (High School Dropout Deathmatch - GoronCity)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Se1m-XsAU

That kid is gonna be a great 42-year-old volunteer at his high school.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

QwertySanchez posted:

Doing this is great, because you can't just spam source games like you can with HLDJ, you can spam ANYTHING. Skype, Killing Floor, Ventrilo, Serious Sam HD. anything that uses the mic.

I myself use virtual audio cable, and an EEEPc. Which lets me play stuff from youtube, mp3s, internet radio. Me and a group of buddies were playing Killingfloor while I had the audio book for World War Z streaming, mostly the parts with Mark Hamill.

This site http://instantsfun.es/ comes in handy for mic spammage too. It's a sheet with a crap load of flash buttons, each plays a sound or song. they add new ones all the time, the only down side is some are entire songs, and you can't stop one once it starts.

edit: oh you can stop them by hitting escape. okay then!

I've gotten some good reactions by naming myself "POLICE RADIO" or "NWS" and then leaving voice on with my scanner as the source. 162-162.5mhz should net you the National Weather Service weather radio in the US and it's pretty much a constant computerized voice. Unfortunately the police around here have recently moved to digital 800mhz so no more of that one :(

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Stuck in the middle with you.

Finch and Chimps posted:

That would be Shawn Elliott from the Games For Windows podcast.

You can hear him do almost the exact same voice as he reads some posts from the Halo 3 forums:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZxNZjWc5kA

Hahaha, holy poo poo. How have I never heard of Heroes of the Web before? Every single YT video I find of their podcasts is complete gold. It's like the Ricky Gervais show, if it was about stupid poo poo on the internet. And funny :v:

edit: Oh God, the people who married Sonic The Hedgehog characters. I'm holding my sides here. Jesus, these guys are great.

Jadz fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 21, 2010

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

Nullsmack posted:

I've gotten some good reactions by naming myself "POLICE RADIO" or "NWS" and then leaving voice on with my scanner as the source. 162-162.5mhz should net you the National Weather Service weather radio in the US and it's pretty much a constant computerized voice. Unfortunately the police around here have recently moved to digital 800mhz so no more of that one :(

Have fun! :smug:

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

xergm posted:

Have fun! :smug:

Now to finangle VAC into letting me put that audio as Line In. Any helpful advice?

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!
What operating system are you on? With Vista and 7, you just need to set Line In as your default recording device.

I did this exact setup with my laptop and desktop.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
I played a lot of Halo PC before Halo 2 hit, and Halo 2 on Xbox Live for a while. People really hate being clubbed to death with the flag. My teammates were also usually less than impressed when I took the scenic route back, eschewing vehicles and teleporters to bunny-hop across the map while as many vehicles as could be mustered kept pace in bursts while blasting their horns for me to "GET THE FJCK IN FKKIN NOOB".

Also fun was the banshees and flamethrower that were added before Halo 2 hit. The banshees were pretty powerful and could easily sway a match when used properly, but I had a lot more fun enforcing air superiority (with the ensuing frothing hatred that inspired endless dogfights with my new rivals) than pursuing any real objectives. "This is restricted airspace! There's a WAR on, soldier, if you hadn't noticed!!"

The flamethrower wasn't good for much but psyche-outs given it's range and the presence of a shotgun that did the job more efficiently, so a lot of people would flip poo poo when they got roasted. I liked to bait folks into rounding a corner or following me through a 'porter then doubling back or something, then hosed them down. This worked best when I could get a partner in on the act and hold down a base with narrow corridors by painting the walls charcoal from two sides at once.

Lastly, more of a "doing it right=griefing" deal, but with the addition of mouse control pistol sniping became an essential skill to master on Halo PC, and until you figured the deal out any area with no cover was a killing zone. There was a LOT of "omg h4x!!" thrown around.

Halo 2 was similar with the plasma sword, dudes would get pissed if you shanked them with that bad boy. I liked to camp out high-traffic points in the shadows and/or pick someone to stalk and backstab over and over. My crowning glory was on the map with the flag spawn at the top of the skyscraper, where one access point goes through a kind of loading dock with crates scattered around. I bashed them into a pile in the corner and settled down to hide in my fort when a party rolled through with my quarry in the rear. As they passed through I shuffled a single step to send a blip on their radar, and luckily, my guy stops and gives the room a once-over while his buddies go on ahead, probably figuring it was someone on the floors above. I wait until he zeroes in on my fort, which was pretty drat conspicuous, to explode out of cover with the momentum of the sword lunge sending crates flying, accompanied by my best (bad) predator howl impression. Hearing the guy howl on the prox mike "AAAAAH AAAAH FU-" before it cut out while spraying wildly was the sweetest music.

He quit.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, I would just like to share that this flash game (Transformice) is practically made for griefing when you're the shaman: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3316155

Also works on levels that have collision turned on, so you can gently caress over other peoples' jumps and whatnot. Oh and any map with a car or box that everyone starts in is guaranteed to be hosed with.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

My crowning glory was on the map with the flag spawn at the top of the skyscraper, where one access point goes through a kind of loading dock with crates scattered around. I bashed them into a pile in the corner and settled down to hide in my fort when a party rolled through with my quarry in the rear. As they passed through I shuffled a single step to send a blip on their radar, and luckily, my guy stops and gives the room a once-over while his buddies go on ahead, probably figuring it was someone on the floors above. I wait until he zeroes in on my fort, which was pretty drat conspicuous, to explode out of cover with the momentum of the sword lunge sending crates flying, accompanied by my best (bad) predator howl impression. Hearing the guy howl on the prox mike "AAAAAH AAAAH FU-" before it cut out while spraying wildly was the sweetest music.

He quit.

There are no words. It's beautiful in it's mastery. I... I must weep at it's majesty.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

CombatWombat posted:

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, I would just like to share that this flash game (Transformice) is practically made for griefing when you're the shaman: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3316155

Also works on levels that have collision turned on, so you can gently caress over other peoples' jumps and whatnot. Oh and any map with a car or box that everyone starts in is guaranteed to be hosed with.

Yeah, it's almost to the point of "try really hard to not get griefed" depending on who rolls shaman.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

CombatWombat posted:

And since the Shaman can only finish if everyone else does, it's equally easy to grief him - if you can manage to not get knocked off.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

xergm posted:

What operating system are you on? With Vista and 7, you just need to set Line In as your default recording device.

I did this exact setup with my laptop and desktop.

The downside of this is since he's playing a game the game sounds will come right through the speakers too.

Now, I'm not sure if ALL the stations are the same on there, but the Alabama one supports Winamp, so I assume the others will too. Configure plugins in winamp, find your current output plugin, and in it's configuration you should be able to specify what Winamp outputs to and just select your VAC.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

CombatWombat posted:

Does anyone have any good video of people playing (and enjoying) this game? It seems super interesting, but also really boring/retarded. All the videos I've been finding have been indecipherable clusterfucks.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

pw pw pw posted:

Does anyone have any good video of people playing (and enjoying) this game? It seems super interesting, but also really boring/retarded. All the videos I've been finding have been indecipherable clusterfucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJReZRji7tg

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Wow that actually looks really fun, provided you're the one playing as a shaman. I completely lost it at the anvil god.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

dyzzy posted:

Wow that actually looks really fun, provided you're the one playing as a shaman. I completely lost it at the anvil god.

The consolation prize for not being shaman is playing the game.

Which is fun.

You should play this game.

Play it.

The worst part of the game is people who think cheese gathering is the most deadly serious of serious business. Join the goon room to minimize that horridly boring bullshit.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

dyzzy posted:

It's an awesome game, but if you want to gently caress stuff up, go on the goon server (/room lljk), where they like anvilsnakes and won't voteban you for keeping them from getting their cheese.

edit: beaten like a herd of mice under an anvilsnake

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Doc Hawkins posted:

The worst part of the game is people who think cheese gathering is the most deadly serious of serious business. Join the goon room to minimize that horridly boring bullshit.

Unfortunately you can't eliminate it entirely, since there are a few goons who will still cry when the shaman knocks them into a pit with an anvil. Which isn't really unfortunate as much as it is hilarious. It makes your turns as the shaman all the more rewarding.

Moloch
Sep 29, 2006

by Ozma

Cheshire Puss posted:

Frankly I find Team Fortress to be considerably more enjoyable when people are playing music or sound effects or whatever. Short of a constant sound loop of an airhorn its not going to annoy me, and thats what the mute function is for.

If I join a server and no-ones making any noise after a few minutes, its time to change server.

Well, just make your own noise. I got banned from the FFN servers for inciting a religious shouting match that lasted for twenty minutes. TF2 owns.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
I just got booted from a TF2 server because apparently it was "melee-only" (even though the other team had a sentry :psyduck:), and I was "a loving dumass" and a "loving RETARD" for using guns.

One of those moments where actually playing a game properly griefs people.

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Zero Star posted:

One of those moments where actually playing a game properly griefs people.

You joined to play the game and then got called a dumbass and kicked out of said game, if anyone was "griefed" it was you

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

fennesz posted:

No idea what he's playing, but it's pretty drat funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Se1m-XsAU&playnext_from=TL&videos=5Fn58vvPkZs&feature=sub

"Does ANYONE have a head on their shoulders?!"
This was posted a while ago but the griefee posted a response video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gyRGnwrqJk

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Blarticus posted:

You joined to play the game and then got called a dumbass and kicked out of said game, if anyone was "griefed" it was you
I thought it was funny. I sold their reactions a bit short in my last post - they were furious, with lots of capital letters and swearing.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Orgophlax posted:

This was posted a while ago but the griefee posted a response video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gyRGnwrqJk

Man I loving hate guys that wear nice button up shirts and button the very top button without wearing a tie. You look like a God drat fool, stop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Zero Star posted:

I thought it was funny. I sold their reactions a bit short in my last post - they were furious, with lots of capital letters and swearing.

There's a KOTH level with a log over a ravine that people like to hold boxing matches on. Go pyro and airblast a team right off the edge.

• Locked thread