Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TypohoidTimmy
Sep 25, 2003

lu lu lu posted:

You quietly open a box of cookies...*crinkle*

Turn to the window and...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat

Octofoot posted:

I have never ever seen a corgi in a banana costume look happy. Ever.

<--- :(

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

They fucking better have lemon cakes.

Octofoot posted:

I have never ever seen a corgi in a banana costume look happy. Ever.

Still not as good as the corgi lobster costume

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I think the answer is because corgi's are drat smart and they know when they're wearing something ridiculous.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Going to ask this here since, well, you guys all rule:
A bike leash attachment for my Vall, Asa. Does anyone bike with their corgi or vall, and do they use one? I don't trust myself with only one hand on the handlebars, let alone adding her into the mix heheh. Any recommendations, ones to avoid, places online to purchase, etc?
Thanks in advance!

And for some dogs-in-hats content, here's Asa at my bosses daughters 3rd birthday party. She loved the hat, but was unhappy we dragged her away from all the kids to get a good picture.

Click here for the full 540x720 image.

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Found this wallpaper on FreddieW.com :3:

Click here for the full 1920x1080 image.

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
My boyfriend bought me a forums account so we could spend more time together. On the internet.

emoltra posted:

LOVE IT! The scale is great, making it look like quite a feat of jumping might, until you see that the hurdle is on the lowest peg. :3:

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

emoltra posted:

This is the best corgi picture. Hands down. The look on his face like he accomplished this huge task and then seeing how high the bar is is so :3:

kitchen
Jul 1, 2004
don't fucking call me bathroom
This is my new corgi Stiffler. I got him from B.A.R.K rescue in simi valley. I've had him for about 3 weeks!

The tongue of doom!:

Click here for the full 1024x684 image.

Full set of pics is up on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/guillemot/sets/72157624085304369/

He's such an awesome dog, and the rescue lady mentioned that he was out trying to herd her horses one day so she thinks he has the instinct! This makes me happy as one of the reasons I wanted a corgi was because I saw some herding videos on the youtubes and it looks like the dog is having so much fun!

Anywho, I'm completely retarded for him and the rescue lady seems to think he's pretty happy here, so he's officially mine now! yay!

TheLoveliestRedhead
Feb 2, 2006
My boyfriend bought me a forums account so we could spend more time together. On the internet.

kitchen posted:

This is my new corgi Stiffler. I got him from B.A.R.K rescue in simi valley. I've had him for about 3 weeks!

The tongue of doom!:

Full set of pics is up on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/guillemot/sets/72157624085304369/

He's such an awesome dog, and the rescue lady mentioned that he was out trying to herd her horses one day so she thinks he has the instinct! This makes me happy as one of the reasons I wanted a corgi was because I saw some herding videos on the youtubes and it looks like the dog is having so much fun!

Anywho, I'm completely retarded for him and the rescue lady seems to think he's pretty happy here, so he's officially mine now! yay!

Aww, congrats. He's adorable. :3:

Also: I went through your flickr, and totally think you should make your dog a myspace page for the purpose of having a place to put that emo picture (after putting it through a black and white filter and adding an appropriate quote).

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

I got back from the vet today because I noticed Orsin kept rubbing his ear against the carpet and scratching it ever 15 minutes. Turns out the little guy has a yeast infection in his ear.. my vet said it happens to corgis a lot so corgi owners keep your eyes peeled if your dog does this!

Here is another picture, because the corgi thread can't have enough of them

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx

elf pr0n posted:

Here is another picture, because the corgi thread can't have enough of them

word :yoshi:

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.
Yo mang, thanks for cleaning this off. I think I'll claim it as my day-bed.

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples
We're going to a Corgi meet-up at an off leash beach tomorrow, which reminded me that I never actually posted any of the pictures from the last one. Here are some. It was fun but they stank up the car like crazy afterwards.

TypohoidTimmy
Sep 25, 2003

elf pr0n posted:

I got back from the vet today because I noticed Orsin kept rubbing his ear against the carpet and scratching it ever 15 minutes. Turns out the little guy has a yeast infection in his ear.. my vet said it happens to corgis a lot so corgi owners keep your eyes peeled if your dog does this!

Grass seeds too....keep an eye on em otherwise they are likely to go face rubbing and get a mess of them in their ear.

Ed's loves good stink so I always have a bottle of ear wash just in case I catch him.

Click here for the full 1655x1528 image.

His royal puppy naughtiness chewing on some original '86 Converse Celtic Weapons

Fathom
Mar 11, 2005

Damn Kids!
Violet is such a bed hog.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

In about 3 days Sam and Violet were getting along. I was pretty shocked and expected it to take months to see this kind of progress between my grumpy butthole of a cat and the new Cardigan.

They're not best friends or anything, maybe one of these days.

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.
Here's some Corgis that were at work this weekend!

They were so sweet when they first arrived. But I went in their kennel today and they jumped on me with sharp claws and tried to nip at my hands. :mad:

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

Dead Pikachu posted:

Here's some Corgis that were at work this weekend!

\
They were so sweet when they first arrived. But I went in their kennel today and they jumped on me with sharp claws and tried to nip at my hands. :mad:

Oh my god his back paws :swoon:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Trying to get Taziki into her pool as it gets hotter out:

Click here for the full 1200x770 image.

It was a little bit of a journey to get her in, but eventually the treats won and she walked around in the pool. She’s still a little hesitant to get in, and it’s really amusing to watch her back legs slowly go up and over the edge of the pool, but maybe by the end of summer she’ll be swimming in a bigger body of water.

TypohoidTimmy
Sep 25, 2003

Click here for the full 1200x770 image.

Now thats what I call a proud nubbin

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah the vet that docked her left it a little longer than normal, which I actually like. ( Though I'm against docking all together. )

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
I saw previous mention of chill Corgis. Ellie has discovered my roommate's computer chair, and she gets pretty chill in it.

Crunch Bucket
Feb 11, 2008

Duuh! These are staaairs!
Allow me to introduce Dexter, 3.5 years old. He's a stud.

And in 7 days, we're bringing home this adorable floofpile, still unnamed!

I'm so in love :3:

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

Crunch Bucket posted:

I'm so in love :3:

If you don't name him "Moose" I'm going to be really really sad

TypohoidTimmy
Sep 25, 2003

Crunch Bucket posted:

Allow me to introduce Dexter, 3.5 years old. He's a stud.

That's the thing about Corgi's...they are absolutely sure they are studs. My Ed is practically shameless about getting love from women, then struts around me with what can only be a look of :smug: "Ha Ha....the chicks dig me."

We just got back from the So Cal Corgi Fun Day. It was great, easily over 150 corgis running around, sniffing butts, and having fun. It was hilarious when everyone started eating as the entire park got real quiet as Corgis went to 'serious business' mode and commenced the begging.

I will see about getting some pics here later on.

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

:3:

MisterFusion
Mar 8, 2010
Daisy photo dump...

If dogs could speak: "Throw the loving FRISBEE!"

Click here for the full 1162x778 image.

Click here for the full 778x1162 image.

Safety.

Click here for the full 1080x720 image.

Helping water the garden

Click here for the full 922x692 image.

Click here for the full 692x922 image.

Click here for the full 555x894 image.

Click here for the full 778x1162 image.

PostEldar
May 7, 2004

I'm in your area.
This is Zoey. She's about 2 now, so these pictures are a little old. And yes, I named her after a character from Left 4 Dead.

Click here for the full 667x500 image.

She's great: never barks, never chews up anything, never shits/pisses in the house etc. But when I'm at work she will get into the bathroom trashcan, remove various used tissues , tear them up, and then arrange the pieces in perfect little circles. I call them fairy rings. I'm guessing they have some kind of ritualistic purpose. Or some poo poo.

elf pr0n
Oct 13, 2002

Orsin in a pool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGfVgXSymc0&feature=player_embedded

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I posted in this thread a few months ago asking for advice on getting in contact with Corgi breeders, and after a few false starts, I've acquired a pembroke of my very own! She's about 18 months old, and her dad was last year's best in breed at the Westminster show. The breeders had been showing her but she wasn't winning the big shows since her butt was a little high, so they decided to place her in a home where she'd be able to get all the attention instead of being corgi #5. Currently her name is Kate, but since the BF and I have decided Kate was the worst character on LOST, we switched her name to Penny.

We couldn't be happier, she's impeccably trained and you can walk her across a crowded street with all different kinds of people and dogs and she won't even blink. She's leash trained, crate trained, house trained, and most importantly knows the meaning of the words 'No' and 'Down'. In short, Penny's the coolest dog in the world, and it doesn't hurt that she's adorable to boot.

Camembert
Feb 9, 2007
I like cheese.
Penny is absolutely GORGEOUS, what a beautiful head on her... you must post more pictures!! :swoon:

(Ditto on the Kate from Lost hate!)

Quick Edit: Do you happen to have a link to the breeder's website? I'd love to oggle at photos of some of their other dogs too!

Egad!
Feb 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What about Juliet? ;D

Camembert
Feb 9, 2007
I like cheese.
But Penny is British, have to keep to appropriate lineage! :colbert:

(I love that show too much)

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Camembert posted:

Penny is absolutely GORGEOUS, what a beautiful head on her... you must post more pictures!! :swoon:

(Ditto on the Kate from Lost hate!)

Quick Edit: Do you happen to have a link to the breeder's website? I'd love to oggle at photos of some of their other dogs too!

I don't think they have a website, they don't breed that often. I think they had a litter last year and placed the ones they didn't intend to show already. For the record, their names are Ed and Cheryl Heath, and I believe they're in both the Lakeshore and Ohio Valley corgi clubs. If you go to the westminster website you can see Penny's dad win the best in breed in the 2009 videos and then lose to a GSD in the group competition.

Here's two pictures, the first one is of Penny, and the second is a head shot of Penny's dad, Spencer. Penny looks way more like her mom, but is a little bigger in frame like Spencer. Spencer also has the most ridiculously soft coat I've ever felt on a Corgi. Penny is a little bit coarser but she's still nice and soft around her ears and behind.

Egad! posted:

What about Juliet? ;D

My middle name is Julia so I didn't feel like sharing.

FormerPoster fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 28, 2010

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

lu lu lu fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 28, 2010

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Rootbeer Baron posted:

The breeders had been showing her but she wasn't winning the big shows since her butt was a little high, ...

Do you have a photo of her stacked? I'm always curious about the finer details of conformation.

She's absolutely beautiful. One day I might have a corgi, but for now I'll stick with my monstrous aussie.

Camembert
Feb 9, 2007
I like cheese.

Rootbeer Baron posted:

Thanks for the info about the breeders, and the extra pictures! She's absolutely gorgeous (as is her father) and her fur does look quite soft! How is she settling in?

lu lu lu
Jul 27, 2007
I've got some apples

lu lu lu posted:

Pretty late, but I feet it needed to be said. This is not a dog admiring his own reflection ( handsome though it may be), but rather a dog defending us from the Tent Monster across the way. Because that thing was flapping in the wind and that is not right.

That said he is known to bark at his reflection.

Corgi
Jun 9, 2010
Hello! Since my name is Corgi all across the internet I figured it was probably high time for me to post here.

Meet Gladys:

And Eva:

Gladys turned four in May, and Eva recently had her first birthday. They're both full Pembrokes, as far as we know. We got them both from our local shelter! I have no idea who would dump such beautiful, intelligent, funny girls like these.

We got Gladys when she was just six months old. She is smart as a whip. Apparently her old owners had gotten her and dropped her off at the pound when she didn't get along with their older black lab, or something like that. Unfortunately, we think they bought her from the local Fish and Pets :doh:

Despite probably being a puppy mill dog, the only health problem we've had with her is a cracked tooth and an allergy to grass every fall. She also had some fear aggression with other dogs when we got her, but it's improved by leaps and bounds. Still has problems with other dogs while on the leash, unfortunately.

Folds up into a portable corgi ball!

Gladys is sweet, and darling, and did so much to pull me out of a depression I was stuck in around the time we got her. I really don't know what I'd do without her.

Ridiculous habits include: licking hands constantly, being afraid of long pointy objects (broom, toy sword), terrified by vacuum, SNEEZING FOREVER when playing. She also taught herself to sit up and beg.

Do not let the laid-back look fool you! Nicknames for Eva have included Spring-heeled Jack, Jack the Ripper, and Hannibal Lecter. Also Wookie.

Pictured here with the entirely too long collar we got for her the day we got her.

Eva had severe possession problems when we got her earlier this year, in January. She was very skinny and we eventually figured out a lot of her problems could be solved simply by increasing the amount of food we gave her. In the first two-three weeks of having her, Eva attacked Gladys several times, sent me to the hospital for a small puncture wound she gave me on accident while I was foolishly trying to separate them, and escaped the house at least once, running at least a block before we were able to catch her. I still remember her expression when she realized she'd bit me: I'd swear on a Bible she looked horrified.

Despite all this, she is incredibly charismatic and funny. So charimsatic and funny, in fact, we made the stupid decision to bring her home the day we viewed her at the pound. I'm honestly glad it was us, though and not another family who wouldn't know how to handle her. She is a hundred times better now than she was when we brought her home and given her issues I don't think your average pet owner would have been able to fix them.

She will walk right up to you and burp in your face. When she wrestles with Gladys (there hasn't been a serious fight between them in months) she makes noises that lead me to believe she is a Wookie in a tiny corgi body. I have seen her run full speed at the couch, jump, and spin around in midair to land in my lap. She will lick anything and has jumping capabilities that make me wonder if she has kangaroo blood.

See the Wookie in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqSUr06Ghqg
Ironically, the night we shot this video (February 7th) was the night of their last dangerous fight. You can also see how skinny Eva was here.

According to the shelter workers, she was about seven months when we got her. They also said they thought she had escaped her first owners and ran wild on the streets for a time, which, given her car-chasing tendencies and absolute terror of thunder, seems plausible. She cries like no tomorrow when in the car, too. She's a bit nippy, and only knows "Sit" and "Leave it," but we're working on that.

More pictures:

And to finish, the first picture I ever took of Gladys:

Hope you guys enjoyed :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat
Some fun corgi tumblrs that I check everyday for new corgi images

http://corgiaddict.tumblr.com/
http://fuckyeahwelshcorgis.tumblr.com/