Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Every time I decide I'm going to stop worrying about random encounters so I can hurry up and finish the main plot they find a way to hook me back in.

"Senor! It is God's wagon that this man has stolen!"

Well heck. It just ain't right to be stealing God's wagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anyone whanna play the new Co-Op Missions? Send me an invite. GT - SandRifle

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

leidend posted:

I don't think I can ever shoot a racoon in this game again after seeing this sight in my backyard. :3:

I don't shoot foxes or bunnies in this game. They're too cute. And John Marston realizes that god dammit.

I had a moment when I was hunting for Beaver skins in Tall Trees, and a little fox trotted up to me, and I pointed my gun at it, and it froze in it's tracks, just staring up at me. Then I blew it away because I was trying to kill every animal once for that achievement :smith:

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I don't have any problem killing animals in the game, except domesticated horses. After killing a gang or some bandits, I would always kill their horses too. Marston always kept quiet, until one time I shotgun'd a horse square in the face and he said, "What is WRONG with me?"

I just went :smith:. Now I can't kill domesticated horses anymore.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Crows Turn Off posted:

I don't have any problem killing animals in the game, except domesticated horses. After killing a gang or some bandits, I would always kill their horses too. Marston always kept quiet, until one time I shotgun'd a horse square in the face and he said, "What is WRONG with me?"

I just went :smith:. Now I can't kill domesticated horses anymore.

I can't kill bunnies anymore. My bunny had to get put down due to cancer last month. :smith:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I looted a woman I had shot for sassing me and Marston said, "what am I doing!?" So I decided to clarify his situation by finding another woman and shoving her off of a balcony. Then I used fast riding and a bit of dismounting jiggery pokery to sink my horse in the river, and I sat by the wayside shooting at the horses of passersby until one survived a couple of shots at close range. I claimed that one for my own and promptly rode it into a ravine (that part was accidental though). I did not feel bad in the slightest the entire time. Also, I veer to try to run over bunnies and armadillos with my horse.

I think this game brings out the worst in me.

Marco D. Sanchez
Nov 17, 2009

Im playing online right now. Anyone who wants to join for some co-op add me. PSN is Christkilla.

Marco D. Sanchez
Nov 17, 2009

ok im somehow glitching online free roam. Im trying to do Solomon's folly but i just stand there gaining xp. Am getting 400 xp just standing around every time i replay the hideout

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Everything is glitched right now. No NPC's spawn. I can't do the Herd coop mission because it doesn't spawn the cows so "FAILED all cows have died" instantly

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Last night I figured out you could shove horses, with people on them and it is pretty funny what happens.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Exploiting the gently caress out of this glitch right now. 400 exp every 5 seconds for doing nothing.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Gonna laugh when rockstar rolls back all the xp people got today

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Gonna laugh when rockstar rolls back all the xp people got today

Good thing it will just roll me back to 50

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you
Is Solomon's Folly giving the most at 400xp? Tesoro Azul is only giving 300.

This is the only reason I went Legendary.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Sco Dylan posted:

Is Solomon's Folly giving the most at 400xp? Tesoro Azul is only giving 300.

This is the only reason I went Legendary.

Mercer is giving 400 too. Also, this is the only way i'm doing legendary.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I thought they all gave the same base amount then added up your kills. If you're glitching with expert aim on you should get 400 for any hideout. I think.

flumpis
Sep 16, 2008
Ok good, I really thought this was just me and my game was ruined. I can't get into Outfitter either. But oddly enough, I was able to on a new file on a different user on my system. Weird.

I'll be going back to mining XP now.

edit:

Kly posted:

I thought they all gave the same base amount then added up your kills. If you're glitching with expert aim on you should get 400 for any hideout. I think.

I was getting 100 XP for normal AND for expert (I turned on expert to try to milk some more points out of this deal). So it didn't seem to make a difference.

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you
Yeah I'm gonna milk this til they fix it. Sucks, I was really really looking forward to the co-op missions.

Hopefully they give us even more free poo poo for this (since they said we'd get Master Hunter and Merchant outfits for free).

xbiffx
May 20, 2001
Its a big kick in the pants to be looking forward to this and not be able to get past the free roam loading screen.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm only doing it once because any levels after that are apparently a waste. The 2nd and 3rd legendary characters are nothing special. The 4th is a buff grandma but even that doesn't make it worthwhile.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

What do i need to do to get a fast donkey for my fat mexican?

nevermind, rank 50 five times. Even with this glitch, no thanks.

Kly fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 23, 2010

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you

xbiffx posted:

Its a big kick in the pants to be looking forward to this and not be able to get past the free roam loading screen.

Go to Single Player, then load Multi from there.

Some Free Roams are fine, and others are glitched. It's really strange. I just hopped around and only 2 out of 6 Free Roams were glitched, and it's across the board as in glitched from everybody in THAT free roam, or NOT glitched for that free roam.

Quickest way to tell if it's glitched or not is to call your horse. He won't show up if it's glitched.

flumpis
Sep 16, 2008
Now it's respawning the hideout (Twin Rocks) with ONE of Walton's gang. Now it takes 20 seconds to beat.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I played The Escape, The Herd and The River not an hour ago without any issues what so ever. We completed all of them without any problems, but for whatever reason I decided to end The Escape by shooting all of the mission critical stagecoach horses in the head :allears:

And I didn't have any glitches with the hideouts either, after we were done with the co-op missions I got dropped into an empty Free Roam and attempted (:() to do Pike's Basin by myself.

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you
Another tip for anybody milking this, it goes faster if you turn off autosave.

Just enable it every once in a while to make sure you don't lose anything to a freeze or something.

flumpis
Sep 16, 2008
You can also use this glitch to do the Lawbringer ranks quickly and easily. Well, maybe just easily, at least for me - my horse has simply vanished so I'm running from place to place :smith:

edit: Thanks for that advice! Now with autosave off I'm "earning" 500 XP per go very quickly at Tumbleweed. Yes, 500. That may be the most you can get with this milk machine.

flumpis fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 23, 2010

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Sco Dylan posted:

Another tip for anybody milking this, it goes faster if you turn off autosave.

Just enable it every once in a while to make sure you don't lose anything to a freeze or something.

Sweet jesus, thank you. I've just been watching TV and readin' the internet while tapping left, but I was worried about the constant saving being bad for the PS3 and the last 8 ranks were going slow as gently caress.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I cant seem to connect to Free Roam at all.

I have been stuck in the loading screen for 10 min.

I wonder if this has to do with the glitch.

Discomedusae
Jul 13, 2009

drat, I don't seem to be able to get into Free Roam either. It keeps cycling through the loading screens.

edit: vvv worked like a charm, thanks vvv

Discomedusae fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 23, 2010

moms friend from work
Mar 28, 2010
I'M THE WURST
Open up a private free roam through single player, then switch it over to public. Seems to work.

Tikal
Nov 14, 2008

Atomic Collins posted:

Open up a private free roam through single player, then switch it over to public. Seems to work.

this is the only possible to get into free roam as far as i know.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Can't get into the outfitter through any method. I wanted to see the new mount and character I just unlocked but it will have to wait.

I could only do 1 legendary level doing this, even though it was really easy, it was also really boring and there is no need to even do 1 level of legendary.

Discomedusae
Jul 13, 2009

This is pretty funny, I'm in a session with a handful of people and everyone's glitching the hideouts.

gently caress if I'm getting to 50 legitimately though. I wonder if they'll roll the XP back.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Am I supposed to get level 3 Dead Eye very early on in the game? It got triggered during West Dickens' second mission, and it seems to be permanent. I feel a little cheated now that the game has broken itself.

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you

Discomedusae posted:

This is pretty funny, I'm in a session with a handful of people and everyone's glitching the hideouts.

gently caress if I'm getting to 50 legitimately though. I wonder if they'll roll the XP back.

Don't see why they would. It's their fault, and it's not like anybody glitching this is getting anything really substantial anyways, just saving time.

SinetheGuy posted:

Am I supposed to get level 3 Dead Eye very early on in the game? It got triggered during West Dickens' second mission, and it seems to be permanent. I feel a little cheated now that the game has broken itself.

Jeez, it just gets weirder and weirder. Did ANYBODY playtest this game/patch?

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Yeah, I went from level 24 or so to level 50 in the span of two hours.

I managed to get into my outfitter by going from single to multi (private) then to the outfitter.

Discomedusae
Jul 13, 2009

SinetheGuy posted:

Are you sure it was level 3? Are you painting the targets with a button press or just cursoring over them?

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Discomedusae posted:

Are you sure it was level 3? Are you painting the targets with a button press or just cursoring over them?

Just cursoring over them. I was hoping to experience the comical and surreal bugs, not this kind.

Ah, that makes more sense. Still seems early to level up.
VVVVV

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 23, 2010

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

SinetheGuy posted:

Just cursoring over them. I was hoping to experience the comical and surreal bugs, not this kind.
If you just cursor over them, and it paints the targets automatically, then that is Level 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Does this glitch work on the 360 version or just the PS3 version?

• Locked thread