Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

OrangeGuy posted:

Does this glitch work on the 360 version or just the PS3 version?

I believe it works on both versions.

When you get in the game try to call your horse. If it doesn't appear, it is glitched, just fast travel to a spot. I know Solomon's Folly, Fort Mercer, and I think Twin Rocks (might be wrong on that one) are glitched. Mercer is the quickest (400 points per 1.6 seconds with autosave off).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discomedusae
Jul 13, 2009

drat, maybe I should be doing Fort Mercer. Been doing Tumbleweed and it's like 8 seconds, gives out 500 though.

vvv switching off autosave will make it replay faster vvv

Discomedusae fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 23, 2010

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Pandanaut posted:

I believe it works on both versions.

When you get in the game try to call your horse. If it doesn't appear, it is glitched, just fast travel to a spot. I know Solomon's Folly, Fort Mercer, and I think Twin Rocks (might be wrong on that one) are glitched. Mercer is the quickest (400 points per 1.6 seconds with autosave off).

What does the auto-save have to do with it?

Also, this is a glitch introduced in the new DLC, right?

If so, I am exploiting this like a Chinese industrialist with an untouched wilderness filled to the brim with gold, iron, and silver deposits.

Lewy210
Jan 13, 2008

I just went into Private Free Roam and nothing so tried again and the same :(

Does it have to be public? Or do I just keep restarting and waiting for the horse thing to work?

Lewy210 fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 23, 2010

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

OrangeGuy posted:

What does the auto-save have to do with it?

Also, this is a glitch introduced in the new DLC, right?

If so, I am exploiting this like a Chinese industrialist with an untouched wilderness filled to the brim with gold, iron, and silver deposits.

The game automatically saves after every hideout completion. The save can take a few seconds and slow down the replaying of the hideout. Disabling the autosave allows you to repeat the hideouts faster.

The glitch was introduced today with the new DLC.

flumpis
Sep 16, 2008

ShowTime posted:

And interestingly enough, I re-installed the game without the DLC and it was STILL glitching! At any rate, I'm at 50 now but I can't even do anything because outfitter doesn't work. I think these "fixes" everyone is suggesting only work on a per-case basis, since I can load Free Roam fine but Outfitter is loving broken.

Maybe tomorrow we can actually play the game we paid for again.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

ShowTime posted:

The game automatically saves after every hideout completion. The save can take a few seconds and slow down the replaying of the hideout. Disabling the autosave allows you to repeat the hideouts faster.

Er, wait... So do we actually have to play through the hideouts for this to work or just stand around as a user suggested?

I can call my horse even with the DLC installed, so I don't think mine is glitching.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

OrangeGuy posted:

Er, wait... So do we actually have to play through the hideouts for this to work or just stand around as a user suggested?

I can call my horse even with the DLC installed, so I don't think mine is glitching.

If the glitch is working you just stand around and hit the replay button over and over. If you can call your horse then you aren't in a glitched game.

I only meant that disabling auto save cuts off a few seconds from each glitch. But those few seconds added up over repeating the glitch over and over can save a lot of time.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Gained about ten levels before some idiots from Brooklyn came by and started following me not letting me replay the hideouts. Not intentionally, they just didn't get it and wanted to play with me.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Edge Zero posted:

Gained about ten levels before some idiots from Brooklyn came by and started following me not letting me replay the hideouts. Not intentionally, they just didn't get it and wanted to play with me.

I got lucky and the games I were in were filled with people that were either just passing through on their way to a private free roam or something, or were doing the glitch themselves.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Crows Turn Off posted:

If you just cursor over them, and it paints the targets automatically, then that is Level 2.

I thought it kind of funny that you earn Level 2 right after the mission where you drink WD's bogus elixir.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Also, in case anyone didn't know, you get an XP bonus for being on Expert targeting mode.

I love leveling while doing something else entirely and pressing left every once in a while.

edit: vvv Seems like what is done? I'm still glitching the poo poo out of it.

vote_no fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 23, 2010

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Seems like it is done.

It was fun while it lasted. I actually finally got live access on my real XBOX account and the first thing I did when I entered the game was kill the guy who spawned next to me, which resulted in the Rockstar achievement, and the first gang hideout I came across started bugging resulting in 20 levels.

I am pretty happy.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Philip J Fry posted:

I thought it kind of funny that you earn Level 2 right after the mission where you drink WD's bogus elixir.
except that it's not bogus, it restores your deadeye. (I understand that it is bogus, but in the context of the game, what you said plus the fact that it does restore your deadeye is pretty funny) I laughed when i notice that.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
360 player here, and this not being able to get into any multiplayer game is really stupid. I got bored and just started picking flowers in a private match and did some hunting to get some of the challenges out of the way.

GT: HOTDOGDAY12

(if anyone wants to add me to play once they fix multiplayer)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Biaga posted:

Seems like it is done.

It was fun while it lasted. I actually finally got live access on my real XBOX account and the first thing I did when I entered the game was kill the guy who spawned next to me, which resulted in the Rockstar achievement, and the first gang hideout I came across started bugging resulting in 20 levels.

I am pretty happy.

It's still working for me. What are the odds on a complete rollback? 100%?

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is there a timeframe as to when multiplayer is going to be up and running again?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Emron posted:

It's still working for me. What are the odds on a complete rollback? 100%?

Should be 100%, but who knows. I don't even know if they have the capabilities to do a rollback. It seems like your MP experience might be a save file. There are mods that people are using that set you at max experience, and you can disable the system saving even in multiplayer.

If they have the capabilities of resetting to pre-dlc experience levels, then there is a 100% chance they will reset.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?
Is anyone else getting randomly spawning mounted weapons everywhere?

Every mile of so down the road I keep finding Gatling/Browning guns, and I just found cannons right outside Tumbleweed and Armadillo.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The multiplayer level is based on your save file so they'd have to change how it remembers what level you are in order for them to rollback your exp.

Discomedusae
Jul 13, 2009

Hey guess what.

Don't forget to put autosave back on after you're done glitching.

yeah.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Discomedusae posted:

Hey guess what.

yeah.
sounds like you wasted some time :D

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Discomedusae posted:

Hey guess what.

yeah.

Too late. I didn't find out about turning off auto save until 46, but at 46 I turned it off, leveled to 50 and then decided to check out my new stuff in the outfitter before saving. Got stuck in the infinite outfitter load screen and had to close the game out. Lost the last 4 levels of experience which took like 15 minutes to redo.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I just leveled up about ten levels before another player showed up at Fort Mercer with me. The bizarre thing, however, is that they're invisible and it randomly says that its above or below me. Its also moving through walls and I can't interact with it in any way.

Tikal
Nov 14, 2008

fenix down posted:

sounds like you wasted some time :D

I learned this the hard way as well. Welp.

Edit: never mind it's still not working properly.

Tikal fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 23, 2010

Lewy210
Jan 13, 2008

Got my 50, tried to get into outfitter after saving, no luck until I went into Private Free Roam then onto it, back to level 1 now :(

Might try and grab another ledgend before they fix it, I want to see some of these mounts.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, buggery and fuckeration.

I just spent about 15 mins trying to get to free roam, and loving nothing but the loading screen. I try to log out and log back in, and try again, and get the loading screen plus some kid on XBL going "GAH THIS IS TAKING FOREVER GAY friend of the family!"

I did get to play a bit earlier, and I kinda had to laugh. I ended up doing the Fort Mercer (before I knew there was a bug to it) mission, and some dude invited me to join his posse. I said "Eh, ok." and joined up.

There's me (level 2!), a dude on a buffalo, and the guy who started the whole damned thing, and they both die horribly repeatedly in the fight, then LEAVE right when the mission is about over. I beat the mission and get something like 800 xp for, I guess kicking rear end by myself.

Granted, I died and came back a lot, but holy poo poo why bother with a posse when no one has mics, and no one has a god damned clue what the other people are doing?

Might try it again tomorrow before work. Who knows, maybe it will let me in :haw:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

So has any PS3 owner managed to get into a co-op mission game? I checked out RDR a couple of hours before work, and nothing showed up in the Installed DLC section of the main menu of RDR.

General Dire
Apr 24, 2008
Is it still working? I'm in online public free roam but I can't seem to find anyone and all the gang hideouts are working just fine...

Discomedusae
Jul 13, 2009

Seems to be. Players are still dicks though.

edit: game is stuck loading a gang match, I don't know what the gently caress. I'm going back to singleplayer, dagnabbit.

edit 2: holy poo poo, I just got in a fight with some marshals. I shot a guy and turned away, and when I looked back he was slumped over on his knees and shooting wildly at me.

Discomedusae fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jun 23, 2010

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Hey You Pifuckyou! posted:

So has any PS3 owner managed to get into a co-op mission game? I checked out RDR a couple of hours before work, and nothing showed up in the Installed DLC section of the main menu of RDR.

Yea, kinda. I got into a a Herd game and as soon as it started we all failed because the cattle were killed, and then the River started up and it got stuck loading. I just turned it off after that.

El Seano
Dec 30, 2008
Yeah I'm not a big multiplayer guy usually but I think I'll blow the dust off of that free months trial I have hanging around to try it out on this game.

Either that or start a new game with expert aim.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Laughing Man posted:

Yea, kinda. I got into a a Herd game and as soon as it started we all failed because the cattle were killed, and then the River started up and it got stuck loading. I just turned it off after that.

This crap should settle down in a day or two, it seems to be due to overload on Rockstar's public game servers. There were similar issues right after the game was released.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ts might seem like a tad too general of a question, but is XBox Live down for anyone else? Internet is working fine, but I can't log into XBox Live.

Zarrr
Oct 1, 2001

Hey You Pifuckyou! posted:

Yeah, I've finished all 6 missions. The gold mine was bugged the first time (huge number of mine carts and the system crashed) but worked the second.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I have a tip for those who aren't blessed with HD or owl vision:

In those tricky dark areas where you can't see poo poo (like basements, houses at night etc) go to options, and turn the saturation and contrast down to zero- it makes the game almost black and white, but enables you to, you know, see what you are doing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, I can't even get free roam working this morning.

I guess the servers are getting slammed pretty hard.

BittyWings - I am going to try that for the next time I get stuck in a near dark shoot out. I wish I had that tip on the ferry mission. Christ that was annoying.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I was doing that mission for Seth in Tumbleweed, and spent ages wandering round that basement cos I couldn't find the stairs to get into the main house. Thought just occurred to me and it's like night vision. Makes anything in the dark hella easier and also looks pretty cool too.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
So I've been pressing left on the d-pad for the last hour or two, doing so now in fact. I'm like level 30~ in the second legend. I think I'll stop when I get to the last legend and the level I was at when I started since I had originally never planned on going legend in the first place. Got some reading done earlier :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

Experience glitch or not, but people who rank up to 50 three or four times to unlock some generic character models and lame mounts to use in free roam must be bored out of their loving minds. There's nothing that interesting to do in free roam at all since you don't get xp for killing people and just doing the instances for the nth time reminds me of how utterly boring mmorpgs are. So what's the point?

• Locked thread