Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

a 16 year old girl posted:

Experience glitch or not, but people who rank up to 50 three or four times to unlock some generic character models and lame mounts to use in free roam must be bored out of their loving minds. There's nothing that interesting to do in free roam at all since you don't get xp for killing people and just doing the instances for the nth time reminds me of how utterly boring mmorpgs are. So what's the point?

e-penis points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Experience glitch or not, but people who rank up to 50 three or four times to unlock some generic character models and lame mounts to use in free roam must be bored out of their loving minds. There's nothing that interesting to do in free roam at all since you don't get xp for killing people and just doing the instances for the nth time reminds me of how utterly boring mmorpgs are. So what's the point?

I like free roam. Granted, there is nothing super special about it, or very many activities to do in free roam, but just roaming around a western sandbox with your bros can be more fun then any other MP i've ever played.

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
epeen aside, I just want the level 50 trophy. I never have time to play multi these days :(

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you
I love Free Roam. I wish it was as rich with activity as SP, but some of the battles you get into with other players are epic.

The point is fun.

Rascar
May 3, 2005
DICK
I haven't even been able to play the multiplayer portion of the game once since I bought the game about a month ago. I just keep getting stuck at the loading screen with the occasional ''You were removed from your session and returned to Free Roam due to connection issues with other players'' message.

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

I'm not knocking the multiplayer or even free roam since I had a blast with all of it, it's just that by the time I hit 50 I had pretty much seen and done everything multiple times and the idea of doing it all three more times seems incredibly repetitive and boring to me. Even if e-peen is involved I don't understand why anyone would do it, the legendary character models are so generic most people won't even notice your e-peen.

Edit:

Rascar posted:

I haven't even been able to play the multiplayer portion of the game once since I bought the game about a month ago. I just keep getting stuck at the loading screen with the occasional ''You were removed from your session and returned to Free Roam due to connection issues with other players'' message.

Does this happen with other games as well? If so, have you checked whether your NAT setting on your router is set to open?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I got to 50 while reading at the same time, its not that intensive to repeatedly click a button.

edit: or apparently not since the glitch stopped working right now and I am about halfway into 48.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm at 50 but the outfitter won't load :(

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Did they fix it within the past 30 minutes? I got the glitch to work last night but this morning I did one glitch hideout before my PS3 was reset to the XMB. when I got back on the enemies spawned like normal.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
glitch worked at 9 est, server failed at around 11 and now since 11:30 EST I cannot get into a free roam

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
If this particular glitch doesn't work anymore, you can always just clear your 360's cache, load up a system link game through single player, and run through twin peaks or whatever to get the original huge bonuses

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
If anyone wants to help me out later tonight for the Go Team! and The Quick and Everyone Else.... trophies on PSN, I'll gladly help them out as well.

I'm sure most of you are aware of the method, but for anyone who is clueless, here is a YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=128CvI-AdYk

Rascar
May 3, 2005
DICK

Does this happen with other games as well? If so, have you checked whether your NAT setting on your router is set to open?

I never have any issues playing other games online. Right after I made that post I tried again and managed to actually get past the loading screen. Played free roam for a while, it was pretty fun.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

These new co op maps are pretty fun, could do with less cutscenes though.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

How do you get to this nowadays? I tried checking mine after I had to buy a new 360 to make sure it was still Open but the Network Test on the Xbox does not seem to show it anymore.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Davincie posted:

These new co op maps are pretty fun, could do with less cutscenes though.

They are skipable.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I was using the xp glitch pretty much just because I could. Even if I did get the legendary mounts I'd still use the American Standard Breed.

Fun Fact: The xp glitch was fixed the second I pressed the button to go legendary for the 3rd time. Wee! I'm at level 8 now...so this sure as gently caress bit me in the rear end, but at least I can just round up all the guns in the game world I want in like 10 minutes.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Hey guys, I'm looking to hit up the new co-op material this afternoon starting at 12p PST - will anyone be around? :) GT: Master Kale

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007
I can't get a single Coop game going today, I keep losing all the people in my group and then it says I failed cause they all quit, or it won't even let me start. Goddamnit!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Only got to exploit the xp glitch for a couple hours last night. I just had the xbox running in the background while me and the roommate watched Mad Men. Only got up to level 40 before I went to bed. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to level up the old fashioned way. :clint:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The new co-op missions give a lot of xp, and are way more fun then the hideouts. They pretty much are what hideouts should have been.

Bow-street Bastard
Mar 27, 2010

Anyone fancy checking out the new missions after the football? GT Dr L0b0t0.

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007
Finally getting some coop games going, I'm trying to get some trophies now.. is there any way to check which missions you've gotten Gold medals on?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I haven't finished the game yet but I walked into the living room where my friend was playing and end of game spoilers Hey that's not John...

drat it.

Gazmachine
May 22, 2005

Happy Happy Breakdance Challenge 4
Anyone experiencing problems with the new content? I've had a couple of freezes (well, occasions where I've been stuck on the loading screen, anyway) and I played The Kidnapped Girl 3 times in a row. First time it was fine, second and third times the event didn't trigger to spawn the girl and her captors on the roof, so we all just sort of stood there for a bit until I quit.

When they have been working they're pretty fun though. Best part so far is the big fight at Tumbleweed in The Escape. Quite enjoyed the Miners one too. Looking forward to the advanced coop stuff.

Paigicus
Sep 1, 2007

Note to self: I don't wanna see that!

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I haven't finished the game yet but I walked into the living room where my friend was playing and end of game spoilers Hey that's not John...

drat it.

Guess what one of the cheats is, fella.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Are there any of the Metatags that still have room?

GT: Biaga

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Gazmachine posted:

Anyone experiencing problems with the new content?

My game has hung on the loading screen literally each and every time I have tried to start one of the co-op missions. I am at nine times and counting.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been unable to get online in a while. So I've started speed-running through my favorite Hideouts. I don't know if you guys did this before, as just recently got the game.

Here is one of my best times and scores (cleaned house, chained every kill - including reinforcements) for Twin Peaks

I can finish this Hideout between 1:10-1:20 consistently. I'd be willing to upload a youtube, as I have an exact strategy / pattern I run every time.

Vile fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 24, 2010

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you

Vile posted:

I've been unable to get online in a while. So I've started speed-running through my favorite Hideouts. I don't know if you guys did this before, as just recently got the game.

Here is one of my best times and scores (cleaned house, chained every kill - including reinforcements) for Twin Peaks

I can finish this Hideout between 1:10-1:20 consistently. I'd be willing to upload a youtube, as I have an exact strategy / pattern I run every time.

It would be a fun watch.

I've gotten pretty good at the hideouts as well, my best run killing everyone in Tesoro Azul in a single kill combo (I think it was 45?), don't remember the time.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
The co-op maps are pretty drat fun, I must say.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Is the glitch still working and if so how are you doing it? I was on tonight and got XP at the normal (slow) rate.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jun 24, 2010

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Dr Geek posted:

Finally getting some coop games going, I'm trying to get some trophies now.. is there any way to check which missions you've gotten Gold medals on?

Wondering this myself. We went through all 6 missions last night and I think we only Silvered one of them, but I can't remember which.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Dr.Smasher posted:

The co-op maps are pretty drat fun, I must say.

Yeah I like the fact they let you dick around a little bit too (it's not timed, friendly fire is on). I've played The Escape with 4 different groups of goons and whenever we get our grubby little mitts on cannons we can't help but take down other goons and their ponies. If you haven't tried it, try hitting someone with your horse galloping at full-speed while it's mid jump.

I've been meaning to ask this for a while - where the gently caress are pigs in this game? Whenever I ride through Blackwater, Thieves' Landing, MacFarlane's or Armadillo I always check the pens for pigs and I've never seen a single hog. Any tips/specific locations anyone can give me? I checked the wiki and it was incredibly vague, it's all I need for the achievement.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Boars are wild. Go just north of MacFarlane's ranch by the waterfall and look around/laid bait.

Edit: Wait, there are tame pigs?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
^^I think he means domesticated pigs.^^

fennesz posted:

Yeah I like the fact they let you dick around a little bit too (it's not timed, friendly fire is on). I've played The Escape with 4 different groups of goons and whenever we get our grubby little mitts on cannons we can't help but take down other goons and their ponies. If you haven't tried it, try hitting someone with your horse galloping at full-speed while it's mid jump.

I've been meaning to ask this for a while - where the gently caress are pigs in this game? Whenever I ride through Blackwater, Thieves' Landing, MacFarlane's or Armadillo I always check the pens for pigs and I've never seen a single hog. Any tips/specific locations anyone can give me? I checked the wiki and it was incredibly vague, it's all I need for the achievement.

I've always found several of them in the pen right next to where your horse gets hitched after you sleep in Thieves' landing.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Smelly posted:

I've always found several of them in the pen right next to where your horse gets hitched after you sleep in Thieves' landing.

Alright, I'll try that.

e: I do. I should have been more specific.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Alright, can anyone explain this? Frustrated with how the game still doesn't show I have installed the DLC, I tried, just for the gently caress of it, and created a US PSN account (I'm an eurogoon with a US edition of the game), and voilá, there the DLC was, installed and ready for playing. I switched back to my usual European PSN, and nothing.

Does this basically mean that if I have an NTSC version of the game I'll need to have a US PSN in order to play DLC stuff?

:psyduck:

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
does anyone know how the war horse compares with the other 3-star horses in terms of strength/speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discomedusae
Jul 13, 2009

fennesz posted:

I don't think domesticated animals count for the achievement.

edit: like the pigs and dogs and chickens. You only have to kill one of every wild animal.

Discomedusae fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 24, 2010

• Locked thread