Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Okay, I've purchased a Fox racing shock for my F2. I know that if I raise the rear by, say, 8mm, I'll get quicker turn-in, but will this sacrifice stability?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Okay, I've purchased a Fox racing shock for my F2. I know that if I raise the rear by, say, 8mm, I'll get quicker turn-in, but will this sacrifice stability?

Yes, but generally older bikes are set up stable enough that increasing the ride height 8mm wouldn't cause stability issues. If the bike starts to headshake or feel like it wants to tuck the front on the throttle after the apex, you might want to lower it back down, but I highly doubt you'd see that much change out of 8mm of ride height on an older bike like that.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

I'm an East Coaster but am planning on using Penguin Racing School, I hear good stuff about them from my local shop full of racers.

I just did penguin's 2-day at NHIS last week and it was excellent. If you have any specific questions about it, let me know.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Does anyone here have any experience with the Ed Bargy school in Jennings, FL?

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Slamburger posted:

I just did penguin's 2-day at NHIS last week and it was excellent. If you have any specific questions about it, let me know.

How much tracktime did you get per day and what class did you ride in? I plan on doing a one day Basic Course that supposedly allows me to get my racing license (which I'm sure costs more money). Also, was there a Carl McAllister teaching there? He works at my local shop and is a Penguin instructor.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

How much tracktime did you get per day and what class did you ride in? I plan on doing a one day Basic Course that supposedly allows me to get my racing license (which I'm sure costs more money). Also, was there a Carl McAllister teaching there? He works at my local shop and is a Penguin instructor.

There were three riding groups (of approx 12 riders each) which rotated 20 min track sessions with instruction or other activities in between. There were six track sessions per day, for a total of two hours on track.

As for group choice: A: Basic (to obtain license), B: Track experience, and C: Advanced. In choosing between A and B, it really just depends if you actually need a race license or not. I am just a trackday rider and so I initially thought "hey having a race license would be cool although I don't plan on using it" but from talking to the instructors during registration, I decided against it and did B group, a choice I'm glad I made. I'm pretty sure A group doesn't cost more, its just additional classroom time going over stuff like race-starts and additional race procedure that is of no value to a non-racer. The B group focuses more on actual riding improvements, body position, line, reference points, technique, etc (which of course A does as well, just mixed with other stuff). In fact, while we (B) were doing our Track Walk with C (which I found extremely valuable), the "A" group was in a classroom learning who knows what, and they never even did the walk.

As for instructors, my primary instructor in B group was Scott Greenwood, and we had about five additional instructors for 1v1 observation and coaching. I don't think there was a Carl in my group so he was probably an A or C instructor.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

yummycheese posted:

Doing another track day at the end of June with
http://www.tonystrackdays.com/

Would be neat to see some other goons from the east coast. Im in Boston and its quite a drive down to New Jersey. Its one of the AMA Superbike tracks. So you can ride it and feel all smug like your one of the pro's I know I will.

How's Tony doing? I used to ride with him occasionally when I lived in Boston and he was organising the semi-annual trackdays for SRNE.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

needknees posted:

I'm in Iowa, it's ~850 miles from me to Birmingham. I don't think I could make that work :(.

RA is even further away :(

I'd be down for the following tracks:

MidAmerica - Pacific Junction, IA
Motorsports Park Hastings - Hastings, NE
Autobahn CC - Joliet, IL
Blackhawk Farms - South Beloit, IL
Putnam - Mt Meridian, IN
Road America - Elkhart Lake, WI
Heartland Park - Topeka, KS

Or anything else in that region. Sounds like NESBA is going to step up and actually run the event they canceled at Iowa Speedway in Newton at the end of july... if that happens I'm definitely doing that one, gently caress it's only ~35 minutes away!

Potentially Grattan raceway and Mid-Ohio

And if anyone is in NM I'm actually going to go down there to see a friend's new place/ride at the end of August. We're talking about hitting a trackday at Sandia Raceway on Aug 21. Everything is still tentative but very likely.

Page or so late, but I may or may not be doing a track-day in the near future at Blackhawk Farms with my father to get help with the suspension set-up on our CBR. I'll make a quick post on here if I find out what we're doing

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

Saga posted:

How's Tony doing? I used to ride with him occasionally when I lived in Boston and he was organising the semi-annual trackdays for SRNE.

Guy is amazing. Im guessing he organizes 2 events now and has turned it into a full time job. One at New Jersey motor-sports park and the other at Louden in New Hampshire. Guy can jump up on stage in front a crowd and just get on the microphone and have a great time. Ive seen him around the paddock many times and he is super friendly and seems to make it his job to remember every one.

Also he makes sure every thing is on time all day long. Three 20 minute sessions every hour. None of them ever start late. Big improvement over one of the places I went to before where the guy in charge was pretty meh about how peoples days went.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Spiffness posted:

First sunny weekend in Seattle in like 6 weeks and there's no supermoto at the track this weekend so asshats in civics can have a loving drift competition. DRIFT WHEN IT RAINS FUCKERS. God damnit.

hehe I live in Monroe, I can hear the track from my house; so much :rice: sounds and squealing rubber that weekend. SM weekends are awesome to listen to, though.

I broke my wrist but I hope to ride that track soon, by August. I hope to see you there...

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Gullous posted:

hehe I live in Monroe, I can hear the track from my house; so much :rice: sounds and squealing rubber that weekend. SM weekends are awesome to listen to, though.

I broke my wrist but I hope to ride that track soon, by August. I hope to see you there...

Yeah, absolutely come out. SM days are super fun and the race days are even better. Watch Ryan Pugh back it in from 150 feet coming into turn 1. Awesome stuff.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

yummycheese posted:

Guy is amazing. Im guessing he organizes 2 events now and has turned it into a full time job. One at New Jersey motor-sports park and the other at Louden in New Hampshire. Guy can jump up on stage in front a crowd and just get on the microphone and have a great time. Ive seen him around the paddock many times and he is super friendly and seems to make it his job to remember every one.

Also he makes sure every thing is on time all day long. Three 20 minute sessions every hour. None of them ever start late. Big improvement over one of the places I went to before where the guy in charge was pretty meh about how peoples days went.

His riding is pretty good too! Back when he used to ride a TZ at Loudon, his lines through the Bowl were pretty impressive - well at least to me.

So there you go folks, do your trackdays with Tony and Renee (presumably she's still around?) - they're good people.

Looking at Tony's website, he has a bunch of folks as instructors who also used to be in one or two of the Boston riding "clubs" (Ken, Paul and Graham IIRC) and/or are long-standing LRRS racers and great guys. Based on my recollection of the level of BS you get with some of the other organisers on the east coast, this is the way to go for those of you within driving distance of Loudon.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

T-Square posted:

Page or so late, but I may or may not be doing a track-day in the near future at Blackhawk Farms with my father to get help with the suspension set-up on our CBR. I'll make a quick post on here if I find out what we're doing

Nice :). If you do get some info on it post it up and we should try to drag a few other goons along.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Second trackday! Wooooooooooo

NESBA B Group #44 - Summit Point - Jefferson Circuit 6/13/10 Session 1 Part 1
NESBA B Group #44 - Summit Point - Jefferson Circuit 6/13/10 Session 1 Part 2

NESBA B Group #44 - Summit Point - Jefferson Circuit 6/13/10 Session 3 Part 1
NESBA B Group #44 - Summit Point - Jefferson Circuit 6/13/10 Session 3 Part 2

NESBA B Group #44 - Summit Point - Jefferson Circuit 6/13/10 Session 4 Part 1

NESBA B Group #44 - Summit Point - Jefferson Circuit 6/13/10 Session 4 Part 2

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Spiffness posted:

Yeah, absolutely come out. SM days are super fun and the race days are even better. Watch Ryan Pugh back it in from 150 feet coming into turn 1. Awesome stuff.

What is the schedule for SM racing/practice at evergreen speedway? All I could find on google was supermotousa, which shows no more events at Evergreen. I called Evergreen and they didn't know what supermoto was...

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Gullous posted:

What is the schedule for SM racing/practice at evergreen speedway? All I could find on google was supermotousa, which shows no more events at Evergreen. I called Evergreen and they didn't know what supermoto was...

They will probably run again during the fair, I don't know if evergreen has practice days. I think Spiffness was thinking of Kent/PGP. What a tard.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Any of you know someone with the new zx6r and weighing around 165-170lbs? I'm really curious how hosed up my suspension settings are.

I'm based loosely around David Mosses suggestions by email but the rear felt kinda like it wanted to move around a bit mid corner (loose, mushy, not responsive), so I added an extra half turn out of shock rebound but I haven't gotten a chance to test it really yet. Stock settings were hard as a loving rock, this is -much- smoother.

Front-
Preload: 1 turn in from full soft (4 turns out softer than stock)
Rebount/Comp: 4.5 turns out from full stiff (2/1.5 turns out softer from stock)

Rear-
Preload: Stock
Rebound: Was 2.5 out, now 2 out from full stiff (goes by clicks normally)
High Speed: 1 turn in from full soft (stock)
Low Speed: 2.5 turns out from full stiff (half turn softer than stock)

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jun 19, 2010

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007
Suspension isn't really something you can set from other's recommendations, and you want to have your sags (i.e. preload) set in the ballpark before you play with damping settings.

Measure the sags (distance with wheel off the ground, minus distance with you sitting on the bike in full gear), and set the preload to give you somewhere in the region of 25-35mm sag at each end, tending toward less sag if it's primarily for track, and more sag if primarily for street. Then, record the values in case you wish to adjust them later based on how the bike behaves. The same goes for all suspension changes, make a record of everything you do, and change one thing at a time.

Then set rebound by turning the adjuster to the "softest" (i.e. least damped) setting, having a friend hold the bike upright, and pulling momentarily upward on the bars before shoving them downward as far as you can. Increase rebound damping gradually until the suspension returns only to its original height (i.e. without any subsequent bounces up or down). Repeat same steps for the rear shock as well.

Compression can't really be guessed at with the bike stationary like the other settings can, so either stick with the recommended settings, or do the following:

Remove all compression damping, go for a gentle ride and see how the bike feels.
Max out the compression damping, go for a gentle ride and see how the bike feels.
Find a happy medium between the two where the bike feels settled over bumps.

The aim of compression damping is to make the suspension compress at just the right rate over bumps, so that the wheel not only remains in contact with the road, but also with as much weight remaining on it as possible. If the suspension compresses too quickly, the upward momentum of the wheel (over a bump) will be trying to continue compressing the suspension and lift the wheel off the ground, despite the bike itself not moving much. If it compresses too slowly, the wheel won't be moving enough, forcing the whole bike upward and again trying to lift the wheel away from the ground.

Setting it all is basically some educated guesswork and then trial and error from there.

FlyinDoc fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 19, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

BlackMK4 posted:

Any of you know someone with the new zx6r and weighing around 165-170lbs? I'm really curious how hosed up my suspension settings are.

I'm based loosely around David Mosses suggestions by email but the rear felt kinda like it wanted to move around a bit mid corner (loose, mushy, not responsive), so I added an extra half turn out of shock rebound but I haven't gotten a chance to test it really yet. Stock settings were hard as a loving rock, this is -much- smoother.

Front-
Preload: 1 turn in from full soft (4 turns out softer than stock)
Rebount/Comp: 4.5 turns out from full stiff (2/1.5 turns out softer from stock)

Rear-
Preload: Stock
Rebound: Was 2.5 out, now 2 out from full stiff (goes by clicks normally)
High Speed: 1 turn in from full soft (stock)
Low Speed: 2.5 turns out from full stiff (half turn softer than stock)

If it's loose and mushy midcorner, you need more compression, not less. I'd try adding rebound, not taking it out, as oftentimes the compression/rebound circuits overlap, especially on cheaper/less adjustable shocks. Too much rebound will cause the shock to pack in over bumps, but that's just part of the compromise of not having everything set up for your weight.

As FlyinDoc says, step one is to get the sag right, then you need to dial in rebound. However, you can check compression by bouncing on it...in addition to the suspension not topping out and bouncing on rebound, you want the front and rear to be in balance. When you push down firmly on the middle of the bike or bounce it while rolling along, the front and the rear should both compress and extend at the same rate. Also, you need to have some way of watching the amount of front suspension that you're using...barring big events like pounding a pothole at speed, you should use 85-90% of the available suspension travel.

And although modern forks are pretty good out of the box, it's 50/50 if they'll be set for your weight, and the stock fork oil tends to become water after about 3-5k miles, so your settings all go to poo poo anyways.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
So, I pretty much needed new shorts once I pulled this SV for sale up:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=257629

Be warned, you will have a :awesome: after clicking that link.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Z3n posted:

Also, you need to have some way of watching the amount of front suspension that you're using...barring big events like pounding a pothole at speed, you should use 85-90% of the available suspension travel.

To measure suspension travel, I use the trick of putting a zip-tie around the fork, snug to the top. Ride a few laps at full pace and then see how far down the tie has been pushed as a high-water mark of your maximum travel. As noted, you want it to be 90% of the way down.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Well, added another lovely WEATHER trackday to my record. It more or less rained all day yesterday. The weather was supposed to be lovely Saturday, great Sunday but such was not the case. The track never had a chance to dry out -- it'd stop raining for a little while, get everyone's hopes up, then the front would shift a little bit and we'd get hammered for awhile and everything got soaked again. I managed to get a fair bit of riding in anyway, I figured I paid for the trackday I might as well ride.

Holy poo poo do those D209GPAs suck in the wet! Definitely an exercise in throttle control. I lost count of how many times the rear end end stepped out on me. I even halfass backed it into T13 once and immediately poo poo a brick. Definitely was not expecting the back end to start coming around OFF the gas.

There were a lot of crashes yesterday, nothing serious. I actually had a guy go down directly in front of me in T10 -- looked like he lost the front. His bike went off the track but he was sitting right in the middle. Target fixation is a bitch... especially when it's a person you're trying to avoid. VERY difficult to pry your eyes away from them. It wasn't close at all but still a pucker moment for me.

The guy from SBN I went with also wrecked. He highsided on the exit of T14. No real damage to him and the bike wasn't bad at all -- just a tiny bit of rash on the tailsection, a little on the corner of his front upper fairing, ground the frame slider down, and broke the toe piece off the shifter. A couple of the Trackaddix guys got it rigged up with a bolt to replace the missing piece of the shifter and he was out riding later in the day.

Since it was pretty dead towards the end of the day some of the guys helped me set up my front suspension. Apparently when the shop replaced my fork seals they botched the settings. Preload and sag was good but I had way too much compression damping -- the front was way too stiff. Bouncing the bike was hilarious, the back end was looking really good but the forks were so stiff it was basically pivoting around the front wheel. The front suspension wasn't moving at all.

Anyway, yesterday was a bit of a letdown after the awesome day I had last time out. In fact it was so much of a let down I'm going to go again a week from today (if the weather cooperates. Which I'm sure it won't)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Revenant.Eagle posted:

So, I pretty much needed new shorts once I pulled this SV for sale up:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=257629

Be warned, you will have a :awesome: after clicking that link.

Holy poo poo. :flashfap: Not the greatest mod list, I'd expect a built engine for 7.5k, but still, what a beautiful bike.

Slamburger posted:

To measure suspension travel, I use the trick of putting a zip-tie around the fork, snug to the top. Ride a few laps at full pace and then see how far down the tie has been pushed as a high-water mark of your maximum travel. As noted, you want it to be 90% of the way down.

Totally forgot to include that! :downs: Thanks for the catch.

If you want to be super awesome cool, you get the suspension shop to put a rubber o-ring around the fork slider when they have the forks apart. Why? Because...it's...cooler.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 22, 2010

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Z3n posted:

Holy poo poo. :flashfap: Not the greatest mod list, I'd expect a built engine for 7.5k, but still, what a beautiful bike.

Tell me about it. I really want to go absolutely tits up in debt to get that bike. Or at least build a bike like that.

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla
Went to a Buttonwillow trackday this past Monday. It was a good day, not too hot (hit 90 around 2pm, not bad for mid-June) and decently breezy. While there was a ton of traffic in B group, people weren't being too stupid (saw two Ducatis run into each other at my last day) and the passing was clean.

Got some decent pics of me on the F4i, too:

You know, for being a beat to poo poo F4i, she really runs great. I could hardly ask for a better track bike....

Oh wait, what's this?

Holy poo poo, that's me on an S1000RR... gee how'd that happen?

Turns out there were a bunch of the So-Cal BMW dealers sponsoring the event. Some of them even had demo bikes there... :)

So yeah, I got a demo ride... on the Big Bad Wolf of Sportbikes... around my favorite racetrack. :fap:

"How was it," you ask? Un-loving-believable, that's how. The traction control? It's cheating, pure and simple. I was able to do things that, on any other bike, would have high-sided my rear end to the moon. Seriously, I have no business opening the throttle so early on corner exits... with hardly a wiggle from the back end, then a bit a of a wheelie before standing the bike up for the now way-too-short straights. Seriously... I'm not that good. What an amazing machine.

I'd recommend keeping a close eye on your local dealers to see if they're sponsoring a trackday in your area. I wonder if this is some kind of nation-wide program that BMW corporate has initiated. It's a great way to sell bikes... or maybe they've just invested heavily in kidney-donation futures.

lokigoesrawr
Nov 18, 2004

roar.

tarzanspuma posted:

Oh wait, what's this?

"How was it," you ask? Un-loving-believable, that's how. The traction control? It's cheating, pure and simple. I was able to do things that, on any other bike, would have high-sided my rear end to the moon. Seriously, I have no business opening the throttle so early on corner exits... with hardly a wiggle from the back end, then a bit a of a wheelie before standing the bike up for the now way-too-short straights. Seriously... I'm not that good. What an amazing machine.

Holyyyy poo poo. I am so jealous. I test rode one on the street a couple weeks ago, and the one thought going through my mind the entire time was how awesome it would be to track it. Great to hear your first-hand experiences with the TC.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

tarzanspuma posted:

I'd recommend keeping a close eye on your local dealers to see if they're sponsoring a trackday in your area. I wonder if this is some kind of nation-wide program that BMW corporate has initiated. It's a great way to sell bikes... or maybe they've just invested heavily in kidney-donation futures.

Pretty sure california superbike school has also swapped out their rentals for S1000RR's. BMW seems to be doing pretty drat good at getting these things ridden on the street and the track.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I saw one in the track school I believe the other weekend :haw:

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
I loving love those shark-mouth graphics

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Seeing an R-series being tracked is so weird.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Endless Mike posted:

Prepare to freak the poo poo out...

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

They're good on tracks actually, just not a huge power-to-weight ratio. The only problem is getting the cam covers down - not so much of a problem on the "S" models I guess, but definitely on R and RS.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Anyone ever used this? Looks pretty cool.

http://trackmaster.trackaroo.com/welcome

lokigoesrawr
Nov 18, 2004

roar.

needknees posted:

Anyone ever used this? Looks pretty cool.

http://trackmaster.trackaroo.com/welcome

Wow, that seems to do pretty much everything a $600-700 GPS lap timer does?

I wonder what the latest gen Android phones' GPS receivers sample at and what their accelerometer specs are like.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It would pretty much suck rear end to bin your bike and destroy your phone in the process. :v:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

lokigoesrawr posted:

Wow, that seems to do pretty much everything a $600-700 GPS lap timer does?

I wonder what the latest gen Android phones' GPS receivers sample at and what their accelerometer specs are like.

I got it (after updating my freakin phone because it wouldn't run it, at least sprint finally released android 2.1 for the hero) and hope to try it out on Monday. If I end up going I'm going to rent a transponder as well to compare it to "real" times. Just messing with it for a little bit tonight and setting up my split points for MAM it seemed pretty nice.

BlackMK4 posted:

It would pretty much suck rear end to bin your bike and destroy your phone in the process.

I can't say I'm not concerned about that :ohdear:. However they have a "motorcycle mode" where you can orient it vertically in a pocket. My leathers have a little zipup pouch in the chest, so the phone would be more or less protected by my chest guard. I'm sure that affects its accuracy though :(.

lokigoesrawr
Nov 18, 2004

roar.

needknees posted:

I got it (after updating my freakin phone because it wouldn't run it, at least sprint finally released android 2.1 for the hero) and hope to try it out on Monday. If I end up going I'm going to rent a transponder as well to compare it to "real" times. Just messing with it for a little bit tonight and setting up my split points for MAM it seemed pretty nice.

I can't say I'm not concerned about that :ohdear:. However they have a "motorcycle mode" where you can orient it vertically in a pocket. My leathers have a little zipup pouch in the chest, so the phone would be more or less protected by my chest guard. I'm sure that affects its accuracy though :(.

Looks like the software limits GPS sampling resolution to 1Hz. There's a $4 add-on for bluetooth external receiver (~$60) support, which bumps up resolution to 5Hz. That would make it much more useful for data acquisition, I'm sure.

As long as the phone stays on the mount, and the mount on the bike, isn't it relatively safe? How are you mounting yours btw?

Please let us know how sensitive the accelerometers are. Very curious how well the red/green lines match up on the track map.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Looks like i'm going to be hitting the tracks again after two years. Haven't been on track since i crashed my '04 10r in June '08. Seems that things have become more organised in the last six months. Previously the only track time you'd get was open trackdays, get in there and mix it up with everyone. Now two companies have started organising private sessions with technical support and some segregation and organisation of the riders into different categories. It's still going to be an open track for everyone but i believe under more controlled circumstances than i'm used to. They'll even provide instruction if needed, which i think i'm gonna go for since i'm rusty, haven't ridden Sepang before and don't really feel confident on my '08 10r.

Venue: Sepang International Circuit
Date: 14th and 15th of August (i can't wait)

We get three hours each day, 4-7pm on the 14th and 8-11am on the 15th. That should be more than enough for me considering my current fitness level. I'm going to be trying to get into some sort of shape from now till then.

So the plan is:
1) Bike gets put on a transporter for the 300km journey up.
2) I'm flying from singapore up to sepang (airport is next to the track) with my gear in my luggage. Checking-in to the hotel near the airport/track.
3) Get to the track and ride.
4) Chill at the hotel for the night.
5) Wake up and ride.
6) Check-out and fly back to singapore.
7) Bike gets transported back to singapore.

Awesome. The organisers will be handling the transport and accomodation, and i think even the flight details. One thing that always put me off riding Sepang was the 600km round trip i'd have to ride to get there and back. We aren't allowed to own trailers here and commercial/goods vehicles like trucks and pickups aren't allowed into malaysia unless they pay for an expensive permit.

It's gonna cost about 500usd, excluding food and beverage, which i think is a pretty good price to pay for the luxury.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
I had my first off track excursion today. On the main straight at MAM :downs:

motherfucking 130+mph lock to lock tankslapper. I have no idea. Video soon~ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

needknees posted:

motherfucking 130+mph lock to lock tankslapper. I have no idea. Video soon~ish.

This sounds terrifying :ohdear:
Eagerly awaiting that video.

• Locked thread