Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
I finally got 100% tonight after a few marathon sessions. I got the Unnatural Selection achievement and then used the very last mission of the game to get 100%. It was a pretty drat good feeling.

I guess I should go play online now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Pees With Boner posted:

does anyone know how the war horse compares with the other 3-star horses in terms of strength/speed

I've had other horses keel over dead but never with the war horse. Also West-Dickens races were waaayyy easy, I even tipped the buggy thing over and still won (I assume it uses your horse). I usually suck at any sort of racing in games.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Hey You Pifuckyou! posted:

Does this basically mean that if I have an NTSC version of the game I'll need to have a US PSN in order to play DLC stuff?

:psyduck:
Pretty much. My wife and I have a similar problem (I'm British, she's American, we have a Japanese PS3). We've found that dlc is region-specific to whichever version of a game you have. Japanese dlc only works on Japanese games, European on European, American on American etc. So yeah, multiple accounts/emails/payment methods are necessary.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Holy poo poo whoever said that they stopped having connectivity issues in RDR after updating their router, I love you forever

I'm loving retarded and never updated my router's firmware once. The version went from 1.03 to something like 2.7.069 and all of a sudden I went from NAT 3 to NAT 2, and I had functioning UPnP and all my connectivity woes went away.

I can't believe I didn't even realize my router had update-able firmware :doh:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm having trouble obtaining the Gentleman's Attire. I've logged into the Social Club, it's come up with a message saying I've got the attire, but it's not in my outfits list. I've saved, loaded etc.

fyo
Mar 9, 2007
smugly conventional
I seem to be stuck at the "Drifter" honor level for some reason. At the beginning of the game, my honor would decrease if i killed innocent people and whatnot, but now nothing I can do seems to affect my honor one way or the other.

Is this a glitch? Or is there something I'm missing?

ydaetskcoR
Apr 29, 2008

fyo posted:

I seem to be stuck at the "Drifter" honor level for some reason. At the beginning of the game, my honor would decrease if i killed innocent people and whatnot, but now nothing I can do seems to affect my honor one way or the other.

Is this a glitch? Or is there something I'm missing?

Are you wearing the bandana? It stops honour from changing.

fyo
Mar 9, 2007
smugly conventional

ydaetskcoR posted:

Are you wearing the bandana? It stops honour from changing.

Haha, yeah I've been wearing one for awhile now. I thought it made me look cool. :3:

I had no idea. Thanks.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Discomedusae posted:

I don't think domesticated animals count for the achievement.

edit: like the pigs and dogs and chickens. You only have to kill one of every wild animal.

I've killed every other animal in the game. gently caress, now I have to go through my list and rekill everything individually.

e: I guess it's fine, it's like Master Hunter 11!
Hunter Challenge spoilers Wait, I was just looking through my list of animals killed and Jaguar wasn't listed. Does it appear on the list of animals you've killed? Because I don't want to be hosed out of the achievement because it didn't count me killing Khan.-

fennesz fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 24, 2010

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

fennesz posted:

I've killed every other animal in the game. gently caress, now I have to go through my list and rekill everything individually.

e: I guess it's fine, it's like Master Hunter 11!

Have you killed any seagulls? How about a songbird? I know those two were incredibly hard to find for me.

Edit: Seagulls only spawn at the docks in Blackwater, I believe, which is why I never even knew they were in the game.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Cowman posted:

Have you killed any seagulls? How about a songbird? I know those two were incredibly hard to find for me.

Edit: Seagulls only spawn at the docks in Blackwater, I believe, which is why I never even knew they were in the game.

Seagulls and ducks were the last for me. Seagulls because there is never any reason to go on the docks in Blackwater, and the ducks because they don't land and just circle the Lake Don Julio. I had a habit of shooting random birds/animals whenever so by the end of the game I had got all the others without really trying.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Cowman posted:

Yup, I've got Seagulls (3), Mules (1, it might be my culprit), Ducks (5), Songbirds (11), Goats (4) and Bighorn (6).

e: Haha, I think I might just need to kill a single Wild Horse. Poor little pony :(

fennesz fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 24, 2010

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

fennesz posted:

Hunter Challenge spoilers Wait, I was just looking through my list of animals killed and Jaguar wasn't listed. Does it appear on the list of animals you've killed? Because I don't want to be hosed out of the achievement because it didn't count me killing Khan.-

Khan is just a unique cougar - He doesn't count for the achievement.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Slantedfloors posted:

Khan is just a unique cougar - He doesn't count for the achievement.

Alright great. Wild Horse it is then :)

Thanks for the assistance goons, I'll buy you all a round of whiskey next time we're in Escalera. :clint:

Gazmachine
May 22, 2005

Happy Happy Breakdance Challenge 4
Hunting challenge has been getting on my tits for a while now. I think I'm either missing a bighorn sheep or a duck. Or both. Definitely nabbed a songbird, a seagull and an owl, a wild horse and both types of bear (as well as all the other standard creatures).

Lord Nelson
Jan 11, 2006
I can't seem to get any more bounty missions in my game- when I took on my last bounty hunting mission I went ahead and did a mission instead, and I haven't seen a new one in hours. My brother has no shortage of bounties and we're almost at the same missions- anyone run into this?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Gazmachine posted:

Hunting challenge has been getting on my tits for a while now. I think I'm either missing a bighorn sheep or a duck. Or both. Definitely nabbed a songbird, a seagull and an owl, a wild horse and both types of bear (as well as all the other standard creatures).

Like has been said recently, ducks are flying around Lake Don Julio, they won't land.

As for Bighorn, they're in an around Tall Trees and just East of Rattlesnake Hollow.

Lord Nelson posted:

I can't seem to get any more bounty missions in my game- when I took on my last bounty hunting mission I went ahead and did a mission instead, and I haven't seen a new one in hours. My brother has no shortage of bounties and we're almost at the same missions- anyone run into this?

They're posted around 6 or 7 each morning.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Anyone on Advanced Co-op yet? It's really, really hard and all the pubbies I'm playing with are getting their asses owned. Anyone want to play?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

fennesz posted:

Like has been said recently, ducks are flying around Lake Don Julio, they won't land.

It's kinda funny, then, that (endgame) when Ross goes out duck hunting he goes across the border to hunt at the south shore of the river, instead of just staying around his cabin at Lake Julio where it's convenient. And also where the ducks actually are.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Tewratomeh posted:

It's kinda funny, then, that (endgame) when Ross goes out duck hunting he goes across the border to hunt at the south shore of the river, instead of just staying around his cabin at Lake Julio where it's convenient. And also where the ducks actually are.

hunting's about the trip, man...and getting away from the wife.

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

That's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning.
When I join a free roam session now there are never any other players in the game, if I wait for quite some time others will join the session I'm in but I never get to join sessions with other people in. My nat settings are all open but occasionally it will say I was disconnected for connection issues with other players. Quite frankly I'm sick of my xbox and all this multiplayer poo poo never working.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

One animal I'm glad I killed when I saw was a bald eagle, just sitting on the cliffs during one of the last story missions in Tall Trees. Never noticed another one in the game and I've played almost 48 hours.

Although obviously some of the raptor-like birds I see regularly could be them, but that was the one time I saw the distinctive white head.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

leidend posted:

One animal I'm glad I killed when I saw was a bald eagle, just sitting on the cliffs during one of the last story missions in Tall Trees. Never noticed another one in the game and I've played almost 48 hours.

I saw one randomly as was like, holy poo poo a bald eagle! Then I blew it away. I didn't even know there was this many different types of wild life.

JonSausage
Dec 14, 2009

leidend posted:

Although obviously some of the raptor-like birds I see regularly could be them, but that was the one time I saw the distinctive white head.

Haha I shot that one too.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

leidend posted:

I hadn't noticed many eagles, but the overwhelming majority of birds killed happen to be eagles. I think they're all over Mexico, especially down in Diez Coronas. It's filled with Hawks and Eagles.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

There are Eagles and there are Bald Eagles. Eagles are in Mexico, Bald Eagles are in West Elizabeth.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Crows Turn Off posted:

There are Eagles and there are Bald Eagles. Eagles are in Mexico, Bald Eagles are in West Elizabeth.

Does the game differentiate the two? Like if you pluck feathers from a Bald Eagle, do you get Bald Eagle Feathers instead?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
If anyone has yet to do the cooperative missions, i'm trying to set up a gold star/high score team tonight to gold star them all and do some of the advanced challenges.

Hit me up on PSN tonight after 9pm EST if you want to contribute. PSN is emitwohS

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

fennesz posted:

Does the game differentiate the two? Like if you pluck feathers from a Bald Eagle, do you get Bald Eagle Feathers instead?
I don't think it does, no.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here is my speed run of Twin peaks. The motions I go through are standard, you can repeat the mission everytime and the bad guys run the same patterns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEH4W8JONSc

Enjoy :)

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you

liquidypoo posted:

Holy poo poo whoever said that they stopped having connectivity issues in RDR after updating their router, I love you forever

I'm loving retarded and never updated my router's firmware once. The version went from 1.03 to something like 2.7.069 and all of a sudden I went from NAT 3 to NAT 2, and I had functioning UPnP and all my connectivity woes went away.

I can't believe I didn't even realize my router had update-able firmware :doh:

Yes, and thanks to the goon who told me.

Solly posted:

When I join a free roam session now there are never any other players in the game, if I wait for quite some time others will join the session I'm in but I never get to join sessions with other people in. My nat settings are all open but occasionally it will say I was disconnected for connection issues with other players. Quite frankly I'm sick of my xbox and all this multiplayer poo poo never working.

See above quote, could that be it?

ShowTime posted:

If anyone has yet to do the cooperative missions, i'm trying to set up a gold star/high score team tonight to gold star them all and do some of the advanced challenges.

Hit me up on PSN tonight after 9pm EST if you want to contribute. PSN is emitwohS

Put me in Coach, I promise I won't let you down. PSN: DylanSesco, I'm adding you.

Vile posted:

Here is my speed run of Twin peaks. The motions I go through are standard, you can repeat the mission everytime and the bad guys run the same patterns.

Not to be all :eng101: but that rock cover would work even better if you switched shoulder view. Helluva run though.

Sco Dylan fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 25, 2010

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm just going to start a private free roam about 10-15 minutes before 9:00 EST and invite everyone who wants to come. Hopefully at least 3 will show up (exactly that many have expressed interest so far). If more then 3 show up then hopefully there are enough to make another group. If not then we can just run some more again, i'm sure people will end up dropping or showing up late.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sco Dylan posted:

Not to be all :eng101: but that rock cover would work even better if you switched shoulder view. Helluva run though.

Haha not to be all noobie but... how do I do that?

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Vile posted:

Left/right on the D-Pad.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Vile posted:

David Lynch would be proud.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

liquidypoo posted:

Left/right on the D-Pad.

:suicide: I never.... knew that

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you

ShowTime posted:

I'm just going to start a private free roam about 10-15 minutes before 9:00 EST and invite everyone who wants to come. Hopefully at least 3 will show up (exactly that many have expressed interest so far). If more then 3 show up then hopefully there are enough to make another group. If not then we can just run some more again, i'm sure people will end up dropping or showing up late.

Isn't the limit 4 anyways? I'm loading up, send an invite when you're ready.

Vile posted:

Already answered but D-Pad. I wish it was as easy to do as it is with Uncharted 2 (you just tap the stick in, really easy to do on the fly), but it works well once you get used to having to reach for the D-pad.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
can someone please post a metatag that is active and has space? redxdeadxgoons has been inactive for a few days.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sco Dylan posted:

Already answered but D-Pad. I wish it was as easy to do as it is with Uncharted 2 (you just tap the stick in, really easy to do on the fly), but it works well once you get used to having to reach for the D-pad.
I wish you could do it by clicking on the stick, I think I've crouched once during the entire time I've played RDR so far. Apart from accidentally clicking on the stick during combat and scuttling away from enemies like some retarded crab-person. :argh:

I totally fell in love with the way the UC games did it, though, and it should be a feature in every single game where you have to aim a weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Biaga posted:

can someone please post a metatag that is active and has space? redxdeadxgoons has been inactive for a few days.

I can't get invited to any of them so I figured they were all dead.

• Locked thread