Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Biaga posted:

can someone please post a metatag that is active and has space? redxdeadxgoons has been inactive for a few days.

They don't need to be active. Just go to your friends list, find redxdeadxgoons, view redxdeadxgoons friends list, find which goons are playing RDR, then invite them to your game sessions. Easy piesey, one two threesy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you

Stare-Out posted:

I wish you could do it by clicking on the stick, I think I've crouched once during the entire time I've played RDR so far. Apart from accidentally clicking on the stick during combat and scuttling away from enemies like some retarded crab-person. :argh:

I totally fell in love with the way the UC games did it, though, and it should be a feature in every single game where you have to aim a weapon.

UC2 is almost perfect as far as it's controls (I say almost only as an out in case somebody finds a better example), and yes I wish RDR was a little closer to it.

It was funny though, yesterday my girlfriend was playing UC2 multiplayer and so I asked to have a turn and as soon as I had the control I was running in circles and throwing grenades and randomly rolling and firing. Playing RDR too much threw me waaay off, I could not for the life of me get it down.

And crouch comes in very handy in multiplayer matches, but I'd still rather L3 be shoulder view.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Vile posted:

:suicide: I never.... knew that

It's not the greatest because the bullets still come out of the gun shouldered on the other side of you, so it's tricky to shoot around tight corners but it's great for getting a good look of what's around the corner.

Stare-Out posted:

I wish you could do it by clicking on the stick, I think I've crouched once during the entire time I've played RDR so far. Apart from accidentally clicking on the stick during combat and scuttling away from enemies like some retarded crab-person. :argh:

I totally fell in love with the way the UC games did it, though, and it should be a feature in every single game where you have to aim a weapon.

That's funny because I've taken cover right around 10 times total for 100% Single Player and up to level 37 in Multiplayer. Especially in Multiplayer - never take cover. 99% of the time it's better to crouch behind an object so you can continue to take potshots while you're covered and you can maintain your mobility; it's also excellent for setting up your Dead Eye shots. The only use it really has in multiplayer is if you're getting torn up by a lot of enemies in one direction and you want your health to regenerate.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 25, 2010

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'
Any PS3 goons wanna do some co-op? I'm on right now as TheJetCityFix. I've played with pubbies about 10 minutes too long, and I've only played for 10 minutes.

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

Is anyone else on Xbox Live having serious issues with the Gang Shootout play category? Half the time I'm just running around with my other gangmates and nobody to shoot, and the other half it just gets stuck in the loading screen.

I updated my router firmware and I'm still having this issue. I'd like to know if it's just me.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

TheSwingLord posted:

Is anyone else on Xbox Live having serious issues with the Gang Shootout play category? Half the time I'm just running around with my other gangmates and nobody to shoot, and the other half it just gets stuck in the loading screen.

I updated my router firmware and I'm still having this issue. I'd like to know if it's just me.

I haven't even spawned in one. The three I tried to get into loaded into a fixed camera in the location of the Shootout without a scoreboard, menu or ability to pause the game. I won't be trying again until I see a patch come out.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

It's ok now, just tell me what happened...
So is the coop patch worth downloading now, or is the game still having major problems?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I believe they fixed everything. The fixed the xp glitch at least...and coop works and is fun.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
I have a bad feeling this is a common question, but why the hell can't I get the safehouse Armadillo. I've :google:d and discovered this is a bug and the suggestion was to start a campfire nearby and reboot your system, but that didn't work for me. Any other ideas?

On the second floor of the saloon, I see three room doors. And then the double doors to the balcony. On the balcony, there's another door around the corner. Apparently the safe house is one of those, but I can't get in any of them.

Do I need to do something to unlock it first?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

TheAngryDrunk posted:

I have a bad feeling this is a common question, but why the hell can't I get the safehouse Armadillo. I've :google:d and discovered this is a bug and the suggestion was to start a campfire nearby and reboot your system, but that didn't work for me. Any other ideas?

On the second floor of the saloon, I see three room doors. And then the double doors to the balcony. On the balcony, there's another door around the corner. Apparently the safe house is one of those, but I can't get in any of them.

Do I need to do something to unlock it first?

I did a few missions for Bonnie and maybe one or two for the Sheriff. Make sure you're on the second floor when you try to purchase with Y/Triangle, not on the balcony.

Another stupid question; you have enough money right?

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

fennesz posted:

Another stupid question; you have enough money right?

If it's $50 like I've read, then yes.

I just found another forum talking about how you need to do some poo poo for Bonnie first, but it doesn't say what you need to do. I guess I'll try that.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

TheAngryDrunk posted:

If it's $50 like I've read, then yes.

I just found another forum talking about how you need to do some poo poo for Bonnie first, but it doesn't say what you need to do. I guess I'll try that.

I think it's the mission after (early MacFarlane mission spoilers?) you ride into town with Bonnie on a wagon. I suspect that's it.

Haha for some reason this reminds me of being a kid, opening a new Lego set and claiming that I'm missing pieces.

Discomedusae
Jul 13, 2009

Gah. This Most Wanted achievement is killing me. There's always one arsehole who takes it on himself to get that XP from hunting me down.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Discomedusae posted:

Gah. This Most Wanted achievement is killing me. There's always one arsehole who takes it on himself to get that XP from hunting me down.
Head to a rooftop at Rathskeller Fork. You can build up a bounty drat quick and are very well covered - just keep a scoped rifle handy in case anyone gets too clever.

Or you could glitch it by clipping through a wall and shooting soldiers, but that's far less fun.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Carbohydrates posted:

Head to a rooftop at Rathskeller Fork. You can build up a bounty drat quick and are very well covered - just keep a scoped rifle handy in case anyone gets too clever.

There's a rooftop in Blackwater that's also pretty good for it, I forget the exact location but it's a building in front of the train station which has only 1 way up so if you get some rear end in a top hat trying to kill you, you can just sit in front of the ladder top with your semi-auto shotgun and blow his brains out.

Discomedusae
Jul 13, 2009

Policenaut posted:

There's a rooftop in Blackwater that's also pretty good for it, I forget the exact location but it's a building in front of the train station which has only 1 way up so if you get some rear end in a top hat trying to kill you, you can just sit in front of the ladder top with your semi-auto shotgun and blow his brains out.

I had a go on top of the Professor's office at one point. It was really hard to get the bounty, I kept falling off and dying.

Might take a crack at Rathskeller Fork later, or try and find this other one.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So I just completely finished the game.

Endgame Spoilers, obviously. Blew the head off that mother fucker Edgar Ross. I was curious. Who else killed his brother? I know I killed him for Uncle, although I let his wife live - she's just an innocent woman who married the limiest mother fucker ever. I'm completely satisfied with literally everything in this game. The last duel is second only to the duel over Eva's grave.

I prefaced the event by torching the Police Station in Blackwater and killed any who perused me.

Endgame credits are killer by the way. Time from here to 100% is 76 hours - goddamn I made that last a long time.

A good boy
Apr 9, 2010

by Ozma
IS anyone having issues with the social club? I got a $21000+ bounty here the other day(like 3 days ago at least), and its still not showing. Nor is the wepons stats.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Anyone got any ideas about what I need to do to make the Gentleman's Attire show up? I want to look sharp.

(I've logged into Social Club, saved and loaded several times).

Leercore
Nov 2, 2007

I just finished the game last night, I just have one question though;

At the end of the Dutch chapter, where you're chasing him up the mountain or whatever, what actually happens there? I swear my game skipped over something because he seemingly went from running away and holding a Mauser, to being mortally wounded from a gutshot and holding a revolver without me doing anything. Did I miss a duel or something?.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Leercore posted:

I just finished the game last night, I just have one question though;

At the end of the Dutch chapter, where you're chasing him up the mountain or whatever, what actually happens there? I swear my game skipped over something because he seemingly went from running away and holding a Mauser, to being mortally wounded from a gutshot and holding a revolver without me doing anything. Did I miss a duel or something?.

End stuff.You did shoot a lantern full of burning oil onto him. That'd gently caress you up a bit, no? I know I hit him with a few potshots too though.

Leercore
Nov 2, 2007

fennesz posted:

End stuff.You did shoot a lantern full of burning oil onto him. That'd gently caress you up a bit, no? I know I hit him with a few potshots too though.

I guess I just feel I glazed over something because my rear end in a top hat girlfriend kept kicking my chair to show my some stupid poo poo on youtube or whatever during the whole sequence.

Yeah I get mad over video games, what of it?

Eyebrows Mulligan
Apr 29, 2009

by Fistgrrl
Quit doin' the thing that you're doin'.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Leercore posted:

I guess I just feel I glazed over something because my rear end in a top hat girlfriend kept kicking my chair to show my some stupid poo poo on youtube or whatever during the whole sequence.

Doesn't sound like you have anger problems, sounds like you have woman problems. :smug:

Alright, really though I know where you're coming from. I did think it was a little bizarre for him to be all bloodied up out of no where.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Son of a bitch, I can't get the 2 stranger missions in Blackwater to load.

Those are the only 2 I have left to do :argh:

Also, I noticed today (now that I have beaten the game and am just trying to get 100%), they actually have an icon on the minimap (or map) for an eyewitness to a murder spree/rear end in a top hat moment.

Also, if you have a weapon out, but you aren't aiming it, Your dude does a few different things. I had my shotgun out but I wasn't aiming it, and when I hit the RT button he just loving cold cocked these 2 dudes in the head at the gaming table.

Also (ENDING SPOILERS SO DON'T READ EM UNLESS YOU WANNA SPOIL THE ENDING), I am loving the Jack lines when whores talk to him. I ended up spitting Dr Pepper out on myself tonight when I heard "Don't need a case of crotch rot, thank you!"

All I have left are 3 minigames (no clue what the hell they are), 2 stranger missions, the sharpshooter/hunter/survivor challenges, 1 horse breaking job, and the bounties from a few areas.

Yea, gonna be at this for a while :smith:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Also (ENDING SPOILERS SO DON'T READ EM UNLESS YOU WANNA SPOIL THE ENDING), I am loving the Jack lines when whores talk to him. I ended up spitting Dr Pepper out on myself tonight when I heard "Don't need a case of crotch rot, thank you!"

I love the (end game spoilers)lines Jack has when skinning animals. "Just like you taught me paw :smith:" Speaking of Jack, I wasn't sure if I liked him until I started doing the "Remember My Family" mission. Him telling Edgar Ross' wife that he'd be just fine sold me on his character.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Ah ha ha ha. I was just walking through Tall Trees and got attacked by a pack of 11 grizzlies. They seemed to be using wolf AI and my character even called them "stupid dogs". The corpses turned into wolves after skinning, but they still gave up grizzly parts. :10bux:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I was hanging out at the ranch near Blackwater the other day and had something like 40 wolves, in short bursts, walk by passively. I was standing right there, and not a single one of them attacked me, and none of them even ran away after I started killing them. That was one hell of a pay day.

Rascar
May 3, 2005
DICK
Too bad it takes such a long time to skin the animals after you've shot a lot of them. I wish you could just skip the skinning animation.

So how exactly do those metatags work? (I'm on Xbox) Do I just add them to my friends list or something? The random people I ran in to in free roam so far have all been jerks that only wanted to shoot me.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Rascar posted:

Too bad it takes such a long time to skin the animals after you've shot a lot of them. I wish you could just skip the skinning animation.

So how exactly do those metatags work? (I'm on Xbox) Do I just add them to my friends list or something? The random people I ran in to in free roam so far have all been jerks that only wanted to shoot me.

If you put your horse over the animal you're skinning it will skip the animation.

Rascar
May 3, 2005
DICK
Yeah, I know. But after I've shot like 10 wolfs if doesn't really speed up things if I constantly have to position my horse on the corpses.

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

That's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning.

Sco Dylan posted:

Yes, and thanks to the goon who told me.

See above quote, could that be it?

Unfortunately no, my router automatically updates itself and my provider (o2) refuse to downgrade the firmware despite it loving everything up since they updated it. anyway I have hosed around on it for ages and managed to get my nat settings to open on 360, But I still have the odd problem like this. Before i started messing with it I couldnt play online at all.

KungfooMF
Feb 21, 2002

fennesz posted:

I love the (end game spoilers)lines Jack has when skinning animals. "Just like you taught me paw :smith:" Speaking of Jack, I wasn't sure if I liked him until I started doing the "Remember My Family" mission. Him telling Edgar Ross' wife that he'd be just fine sold me on his character.

"May I take your coat, madame?"

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Discomedusae posted:

You can do it really easily by hiding behind the bar counter in Blackwater. You get complete control of the only ways into the building, and only about half of the cops will run in, with the rest content to just shoot the poo poo out of the back wall.

Discomedusae
Jul 13, 2009

fennesz posted:

Yeah, Jack is pretty good. I didn't even mind his voice acting so much - it kind of played up how young he was compared to John. It's neat that they put so much effort into his character considering most people will just use him for cleaning up and 100%-ing.

I'm thinking about starting a new game and taking my time with it a bit more to be a proper outlaw. From what I gather from the interface that'll wipe my current game, right? Or does it work like GTA4?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Discomedusae posted:

I'm thinking about starting a new game and taking my time with it a bit more to be a proper outlaw. From what I gather from the interface that'll wipe my current game, right? Or does it work like GTA4?

I don't know about the XBox, but on the PS3 I've got three permanent save slots + the autosave. Starting a new game will overwrite the autosave and you'll presumably want to use at least one of the permanent save slots, but if you make a permanent save with your old character and don't overwrite it it should stay around.

Remmiz
May 3, 2009

GRUUUUUUMMBLES!

Rascar posted:

This is correct. However a lot of the metatags are full and a lot of the people on them aren't playing much. There should be a website called like 360goons.com where you just put in your gamertag and it uses the live API to see what people are playing and you can use that instead.

In fact, that sounds like a good weekend project.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Probably been posted about before, but it's not in the OP or in the first couple pages. Does anyone have a fix for this? I snagged a wanted poster in Armadillo for some dude who was supposed to be hanging out a little west of the Hanging Tree area. I got there and he was nowhere to be found, nor were there any other bad guys. I camped out and saved my game to see if I could get him to spawn, but nothing happened. The little red skull has disappeared from my map, but I still have the wanted poster in my inventory and I have the following bugs:

- If I view the wanted poster in my inventory, Marston pulls out the poster and looks at it, but then the game basically locks. I can walk around while staring at this poster (the info never comes up) but I can't put it away, access any guns, run, access my inventory, etc.

- If I camp and fast travel, the game gets perpetually stuck in the loading screen.

- If I get on a stage coach the controls come up but selecting a destination doesn't do anything. If I leave the coach the controls for it stay up on my screen, even after sleeping.

Does anyone know how to solve this or if there's a patch on the way?

Gazmachine
May 22, 2005

Happy Happy Breakdance Challenge 4

Leercore posted:

Seems that you both missed the cutscene:

John chases Dutch to the top of the mountain. They have a chat (or, rather, a really nice bit of theme-relevant dialogue), Dutch throws himself off the edge and dies. It cuts to the foot of the mountain, John's there with Edgar Ross, Ross pops a bullet into Dutch's corpse and says "trust me, it'll look better on the reports this way".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Repelex
Jun 25, 2010

ketchum while they're young

Gazmachine posted:

Seems that you both missed the cutscene:

John chases Dutch to the top of the mountain. They have a chat (or, rather, a really nice bit of theme-relevant dialogue), Dutch throws himself off the edge and dies. It cuts to the foot of the mountain, John's there with Edgar Ross, Ross pops a bullet into Dutch's corpse and says "trust me, it'll look better on the reports this way".

It seems to me that they're talking about the events that happen after you first encounter Dutch to when John is chasing him up to the cliff

• Locked thread