Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Dizz posted:

Hot Girl Backstabbing

I love this. It's a grief and a viable tactic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

I just love how you can see the other players' exact thought processes, like something out of a cartoon.

"Alright gonna kill some red guys jump jump jump I'm super psyched-Buuuuuuh?"

*gets stabbed*

clamiam
Mar 4, 2008

IF A ROBOT IS BUILT IN THE FORM OF HUMAN BEINGS IT IS HARAAM

SteadfastMeat posted:

"Alright gonna kill some red guys jump jump jump I'm super psyched-Buuuuuuh?"

Nobody better pretend like they haven't done this at least once.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Dizz posted:

Hot Girl Backstabbing

Some fresh grief for this stale thread

Why hadn't I thought of this before?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This isn't exactly fresh, it's from January 2009.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Soulex posted:

Why hadn't I thought of this before?

Not sure but I did that in L4d1/2. I would get either a hot chick or an anime of the witch or zoey and they would just stand there. it was better in 2 on the first campaign. on map 1 you're on top of a big hotel and there's lots of windows. You place this in a right spot and hope they get charged out of one. Instant kill.

BillyRubin
Dec 16, 2005
"Oh, and Senator, just one more thing."
Crossposted from the TTT thread, here's what we managed to orchestrate last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKy6dvbWum0

The fanatical worship of a hole.

Wax Tadpole
Jan 23, 2004

BillyRubin posted:

Crossposted from the TTT thread, here's what we managed to orchestrate last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKy6dvbWum0

The fanatical worship of a hole.

If anyone were to create a crazy villager mob mod, I think it would be very successful. It would be sort of like "The Wicker Man" where the cultists have to track down the outsider, and drag their alive/dead body to be sacrificed. I would like to see the villagers with pitchforks and torches, and you could even hide a pistol or knife somewhere on the level to give an advantage to the outsider.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Posted in the MW2 thread, but figured it counts as griefing also. Some kids decided to trash talk a player who was streaming his games and had over 1000 people watching him play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYr90yAX-Ws

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Mine both involve a free-to-play Ultima Online shard I used to play on.\

The shard relied on a player-based economy and so you were able to buy and stock vendors with whatever items your crafting character could produce. Because you would have to put your wares in the vendor's inventory, if the vendor died you would lose all your stock. To prevent this from happening the GMs gave the vendors an insane amount of HP and extremely high damage, enough to kill any attacking player before the vendor came close to death. I figured out that if you got one vendor to attack you, kited it to a second vendor, the second vendor would attack the first and they would beat on each other until one died. This produced much upset among the crafting populace.

My other scam was buying a vendor, labeling an empty back "Invisible Armor", and selling it for an obscene amount of gold. (un)Fortunately, people fell for it.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Dizz posted:

Hot Girl Backstabbing
Wow. So Metal Gear Solid tactics actually work against real people?

BillyRubin
Dec 16, 2005

Wax Tadpole posted:

If anyone were to create a crazy villager mob mod, I think it would be very successful. It would be sort of like "The Wicker Man" where the cultists have to track down the outsider, and drag their alive/dead body to be sacrificed. I would like to see the villagers with pitchforks and torches, and you could even hide a pistol or knife somewhere on the level to give an advantage to the outsider.

I would totally play this unironically.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Wax Tadpole posted:

This wouldn't work without bees.

tolerabletariff
Jul 3, 2009

Do you think I'm spooky?

Screaming Idiot posted:

Not if you're a gaymer! Terrible, terrible, pun. Anyway, I look forward to trying this.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

SpaceMost posted:

Mine both involve a free-to-play Ultima Online shard I used to play on.\

The shard relied on a player-based economy and so you were able to buy and stock vendors with whatever items your crafting character could produce. Because you would have to put your wares in the vendor's inventory, if the vendor died you would lose all your stock. To prevent this from happening the GMs gave the vendors an insane amount of HP and extremely high damage, enough to kill any attacking player before the vendor came close to death. I figured out that if you got one vendor to attack you, kited it to a second vendor, the second vendor would attack the first and they would beat on each other until one died. This produced much upset among the crafting populace.

My other scam was buying a vendor, labeling an empty back "Invisible Armor", and selling it for an obscene amount of gold. (un)Fortunately, people fell for it.

I love how long as this thread has been going and we're still hearing about new and hilarious ways to grief Ultima. Kudos sir.:golfclap:

BillyRubin
Dec 16, 2005
I've got another video from last night's escapades. More odd backwards cultism, but also a little bit of good ole fashioned shooting people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6AMhHEw5I

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

BillyRubin posted:

I've got another video from last night's escapades. More odd backwards cultism, but also a little bit of good ole fashioned shooting people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6AMhHEw5I
What's with that weird thing where you can see these green floating circles about halfway through? Is that a bot/hack or whatever? Either it's a post-round bonus or some kind of cheating.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

Vib Rib posted:

What's with that weird thing where you can see these green floating circles about halfway through? Is that a bot/hack or whatever? Either it's a post-round bonus or some kind of cheating.

Detectives can buy radars which show people's positions. It refreshes every 30 seconds, but leaves the circles where each person was when it last refreshed.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

modestduty posted:

Not if you're a gaymer! Terrible, terrible, pun. Anyway, I look forward to trying this.

That's when you switch to the Goatse spray.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Cbouncerrun posted:

This wouldn't work without bees.

And a bear suit.

Zenodice
Mar 16, 2005
Oderint Dum Metuant

FUKKEN posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPWyOiezACg

This one is about a gimmick, a group of us followed people silently and holstered. The idea was to stop moving if they were looking at you. Sometimes we would suddenly get our crowbars out and maul the victim and then flip the flashlight on and off on the corpse.

"Oh my god, It's gonna happen again. I'm in the warehouse, help me! He's got the doors!"

That video is great, I wonder if Delamore got that from playing Wurm Online.

My friends I had griefed people in that game too by doing the same thing.

I would find someone who was particularly chatty in the kingdom or race chat and lived near the main starting village on the server then find their house and follow them around.

All you have to do is follow people and say or do nothing aggressive and they will freak the gently caress out, that works in almost any game.

My favorite way to do this was in Wurm where you could follow some guy around and he would get all creeped out and then eventually you could run off and hide and he'd be all relieved that you were gone, then I'd lockpick into his house and just wait there, staring at the door on the inside and wait for him to come back and open it to find me in his house alone, stoic.

That tactic also works REALLY well in any of the GMOD roleplaying servers, people are generally distrusting in there and will usually go on a killing spree which can often end up with them being banned so it's a double win.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Way way back someone posted a bunch of stories about a game that was a FPS but seemed to save a lot of character info since you could screw people out of weapons and money. I want to say it was a Half-Life mod.

Anyone remember what that was without having to read back through everything?

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
Moonbase Alpha, out on Steam for free, is a NASA-produced simulation of conducting repairs on lunar facilities damaged by a nearby meteor strike. Teamwork is needed to overcome the time limit and restore oxygen to the base.

This, of course, makes it ripe for doing the complete opposite. Unplugging power cables, running off with components and tools, ramming your RC robot into other ones, and driving large rovers in the way of everyone and everything.

Then, you realize NASA has been griefing you, as there's only one scenario.

BillyRubin
Dec 16, 2005
There's plenty of good things to do in Moonbase Alpha if you want to ruin any chance of success. Use a robot to take off the little oxygen control things and just drop them on the ground. Detach the cables on both ends and coil them around you. Take off the solar panels and stage a swordfight. And, of course, for anybody who has text-to-speech on, the vuvuzela: type Z about 20 times then hit enter, and repeat every 5 seconds. Your own voice stacks with itself.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

BillyRubin posted:

There's plenty of good things to do in Moonbase Alpha if you want to ruin any chance of success. Use a robot to take off the little oxygen control things and just drop them on the ground. Detach the cables on both ends and coil them around you. Take off the solar panels and stage a swordfight. And, of course, for anybody who has text-to-speech on, the vuvuzela: type Z about 20 times then hit enter, and repeat every 5 seconds. Your own voice stacks with itself.

Do I dare dub Moonbase Alpha as Space Station 13 Jr.? ... I dare!

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

Chomp8645 posted:

This statement is either incomplete or I'm just not getting something. How is wiping returned merchandise griefing anyone at all? Making it so the next person who rents the game/memory card doesn't inherit pre-existing data from someone else sound less like "griefing" and more like "exactly what someone would expect".

I should have explained clearer.

Someone would return a rental N64 game, say Ocarina Of Time, to his store. He'd put it in a N64 and turned it off and on repeatedly and take the cartridge out over and over again until it erased all the saved files. It was more then a decade ago, but he still looks back on it with rear end in a top hat glee.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

I should have explained clearer.

Someone would return a rental N64 game, say Ocarina Of Time, to his store. He'd put it in a N64 and turned it off and on repeatedly and take the cartridge out over and over again until it erased all the saved files. It was more then a decade ago, but he still looks back on it with rear end in a top hat glee.

...Why wouldn't he just delete them ingame?

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

Lorak posted:

Moonbase Alpha

As an Aerospace Engineer, I can't help but enjoy the sheer delight of feeling overqualified for the job of slowly trapping my team-mates and sabotaging their efforts to get Moonbase Alpha back online. One of my personal favorite activities right now is to simply follow my team-mates around as they fix broken components and, as they finish their task, simply walk up and break it again. I have personally watched a kid repair a set of electrical wires at least eight times as I continually sever them again afterwards.

It isn't quite SS13 levels of fuckery, but if you just pretend that you and your astronaut are batshit insane and have committed yourself to dying in the vacuum of space, then it's like an incredibly immersive game of TTT set on the moooooooon.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

Drox posted:

...Why wouldn't he just delete them ingame?

Because there are some games you can't, and it takes longer then 30 seconds of offonoffonoffonoffon while pulling out the cartridge, plus it was a lot more fun.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

That Awful Nick posted:

As an Aerospace Engineer, I can't help but enjoy the sheer delight of feeling overqualified for the job of slowly trapping my team-mates and sabotaging their efforts to get Moonbase Alpha back online.

It isn't quite SS13 levels of fuckery, but if you just pretend that you and your astronaut are batshit insane and have committed yourself to dying in the vacuum of space, then it's like an incredibly immersive game of TTT set on the moooooooon.
That, or a game of Paranoia set on the moooooooon, except ways to actively kill each other. Poor NASA, they probably thought this was a great idea, monitor to see who has the fastest times for potential astronaut recruitment, and OH CRAP what are they doing!?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Why is there no thread for Moonbase Alpha? This sounds hilarious.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I said come in! posted:

Why is there no thread for Moonbase Alpha? This sounds hilarious.

There is:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3324924

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If we're lucky, someone will take the time to mod it into a full SS13 sequel. I wanted to get into SS13 but I found the BYOND interface too clunky and confusing to use.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
Moonbase Alpha is beautiful for griefing. This is the first time I've had someone call me a "fuckin' goddam racist friend of the family oval office". Most of the players are so slow to understand what is going on, and playing the insane astronaut is amazing. I started by just disconnecting all of the cables, then I ran them away one by one. People were just confused at first; "I fixed this already, wtf is going on?" "One of the loving cables is missing, where did it go?" You don't even have to try to be sneaky about it, I was doing it right in front of people. Eventually someone caught on and outed me to the rest of the astronauts, at which point the only thing I would say was "You know, we're all going to die out here", all the while I'm still pulling out all the pieces they so carefully keep rushing to put back together. Also, drive all the rovers and robots into the big crater behind the solar panels. Num-lock is auto run, so just grab one of the power cables, point yourself somewhere, and make a sandwich.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Has no meaning posted:

If we're lucky, someone will take the time to mod it into a full SS13 sequel. I wanted to get into SS13 but I found the BYOND interface too clunky and confusing to use.

Holy crap you mean my dubbing it SS13 Jr. wasn't that far off the mark! Woohoo!

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

THE_Chris posted:

No, THIS is good IRL griefing :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJfYAJJYMqg

Deluxe Hugs vs. Free Hugs.

What happens in the extended cut? Does the lady get a handjob?

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

Nuggan posted:

Moonbase Alpha is beautiful for griefing. This is the first time I've had someone call me a "fuckin' goddam racist friend of the family oval office". Most of the players are so slow to understand what is going on, and playing the insane astronaut is amazing. I started by just disconnecting all of the cables, then I ran them away one by one. People were just confused at first; "I fixed this already, wtf is going on?" "One of the loving cables is missing, where did it go?" You don't even have to try to be sneaky about it, I was doing it right in front of people. Eventually someone caught on and outed me to the rest of the astronauts, at which point the only thing I would say was "You know, we're all going to die out here", all the while I'm still pulling out all the pieces they so carefully keep rushing to put back together. Also, drive all the rovers and robots into the big crater behind the solar panels. Num-lock is auto run, so just grab one of the power cables, point yourself somewhere, and make a sandwich.

This game is hilarious.

The Command Center allows you to control the Rovers remotely, all I did was drive them around shouting commands because, well, I was in the command center. I kept asking this guy if he "needed a rover" while bumping into him with a rover. When he did need one I left and ordered the other guy to get him one (which was in the crater behind the solar panels, I having ditched it there earlier). Eventually I just took to ordering them around while bumping into them with the non-ditched rover.

For some reason this game has me laughing like an idiot.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Burning Beard posted:

This game is hilarious.

The Command Center allows you to control the Rovers remotely, all I did was drive them around shouting commands because, well, I was in the command center. I kept asking this guy if he "needed a rover" while bumping into him with a rover. When he did need one I left and ordered the other guy to get him one (which was in the crater behind the solar panels, I having ditched it there earlier). Eventually I just took to ordering them around while bumping into them with the non-ditched rover.

Get a friend and have him drive directly at your rover with a robot while you're flooring it. I managed to get them stuck airborne while doing this.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Nuggan posted:

Get a friend and have him drive directly at your rover with a robot while you're flooring it. I managed to get them stuck airborne while doing this.

I can't believe there isn't any footage of general tomfoolery of this game yet. Maybe I can download this soon and do some recording.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Burning Beard posted:

This game is hilarious.

This post has me laughing like an idiot :)

• Locked thread