Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Screaming Idiot posted:

I love this. It's a grief and a viable tactic.

The best part of the video for me is the Pyro spychecking the area around the tag so that others can view it safely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
Video > words. Record this poo poo, people!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I downloaded Moonbase Alpha. If you click on a suitcase full of tools or a beacon, there's an option to destroy them, although I think more can be had from those control panels.

I wasn't able to pull any cables out of place, but I did run around toggling the solar arrays on and off. The rovers are also easy to take for a joyride and park at the limits of the map.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Here4DaGangBang posted:

Video > words. Record this poo poo, people!

Alright, I took some video. Editing/uploading now.

Edit: I'm bad at this, I'll get it up when I figure out what I'm doing :/

Nuggan fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 8, 2010

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!
I just use the rovers to catch some wicked air on those sweet moon crater ramps.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

Dr_Amazing posted:

Way way back someone posted a bunch of stories about a game that was a FPS but seemed to save a lot of character info since you could screw people out of weapons and money. I want to say it was a Half-Life mod.

Anyone remember what that was without having to read back through everything?

I think it was a Gmod RP server where the guy and his friends hosed people out of their guns by killing them/stole their drops from whatever the hell counts as enemy AI dudes.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
If you grab one of the main hoses from the air filter thingamabob (where only the robots can go), if you maneuver just right, you can keep walking with the hose as it glitches and freaks out, flying about like a tentacle. It also still has physics so it will also knock around tools, other hoses, etc. The main point is that while you have it, it cannot be used.

Unfortunately FRAPS doesn't work with Moonbase Alpha.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Ringo Star Get posted:

Huh? Yes it does. I've got stuff recorded right now that I'm doing a terrible job of encoding and uploading to youtube.

Edit: Ok, its encoding properly now!

drat you Hard Clumping, you beat me:argh:

Nuggan fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jul 8, 2010

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Nuggan posted:

Huh? Yes it does. I've got stuff recorded right now that I'm doing a terrible job of encoding and uploading to youtube.

Ah, another goon and I were trying to and it doesn't recognize MA for some reason.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Ringo Star Get posted:

It so totally does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPY_PGjLOgU

^^ a group of us from the TTT group decided to try this game out.

duffath
May 9, 2007

My name is Legion for we are many.

Hard Clumping posted:

It so totally does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPY_PGjLOgU

^^ a group of us from the TTT group decided to try this game out.

That's a weird looking grief simulator.

When you guys type "iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" it makes all the astronauts sound more than a little bit special needs. (PC answer: Futurama Brain slug)

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
"Goons on the moon"

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

duffath posted:

That's a weird looking grief simulator.

When you guys type "iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" it makes all the astronauts sound more than a little bit special needs. (PC answer: Futurama Brain slug)

I figured that one out when people were trying to do the fonz's "eyyyyy" thing.

QwertySanchez posted:

"Goons on the moon"

Oh poo poo you're right! wish i had thought of this for the title :smith:

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Moon Goon Monsoon

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-t21HdBTKo

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with making this a decent resolution, as my source video is much clearer than this, but here you go for now. Just me messing around in a few games of MBA. You can see pubbies yelling at me in the chat most of the time.

Nuggan fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 8, 2010

duffath
May 9, 2007

My name is Legion for we are many.

Nuggan posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-t21HdBTKo

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with making this a decent resolution, as my source video is much clearer than this, but here you go for now. Just me messing around in a few games of MBA. You can see pubbies yelling at me in the chat most of the time.

Is that the Ducktales Moon Level music :3:

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

duffath posted:

Is that the Ducktales Moon Level music :3:

Yes. I had a slightly longer video with Frank Sinatra singing "Fly Me To The Moon" in there too, but youtube muted it. :argh:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It's a shame there isn't ragdoll physics or something in Moonbase Alpha. knocking someone over and having their helmet crack open A la Total Recall would be great.

The maps load so quickly on this for me, and connecting is quick, it was especially great when I found a server called "dont join" and kept jumping right back in the moment they kicked me because they were too stupid to get the password to work.

Edit: also using Cheat engine to speed hack so you can run in and swipe tools and things just as other people slowly huff and drag themselves within reach is a great source of rage.

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 8, 2010

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

QwertySanchez posted:

Edit: also using Cheat engine to speed hack so you can run in and swipe tools and things just as other people slowly huff and drag themselves within reach is a great source of rage.

:aaaaa: Okay, you're gonna have to explain how to do this. Goon marauders need rocket boots.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If we can find a way to punt pubbies off the moon...

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It's actually really easy. Download http://www.cheatengine.org/ and then run it.

Edit> Settings> Hotkeys

set a key for toggle speedhack, speedhack + and speedhack - you can also set how much it increases or reduces speed by there, too.

You'll need to be able to toggle it/increase decrease because the vehicles aren't affected and it just makes things spaz out a little, and if you do actually want to be useful, the minigames are affected by the speedhack, while actual repairing isn't. which means they can pop up and run out of time before you even have time to respond.

Run the game. you can hit alt+enter to make it run in a window, or alt + tab to just minimise it. Then go to the cheat engine and click process or the little computer on the task bar and pick out Moonbase alpha. Then just go back to the game and use the keys. going faster than 6.0 doesn't seem to actually make you go any faster.

I'm actually annoyed at how easy it is to speedhack with cheatengine. works with just about everything. Might get you vac banned from source games and killing floor but it works on those, too!

If anyone has Unreal tournament 3, if you could look through the *.inis for me so we can find out the keybinds/commands to enable the console that'd be neat. we'd be able to find out just how much of unreal tournament is left in moonbase alpha. :black101:

edit: TL:DR when you pick the game in cheatengine there's an "enable speedback" tickbox. it's like the movie hackers!

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 8, 2010

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

So, with MBA, you can't just run people over with the rovers?

What about doing a "circling of the wagons" so to speak. Enclosing some kids so they are stuck there.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Soulex posted:

So, with MBA, you can't just run people over with the rovers?

What about doing a "circling of the wagons" so to speak. Enclosing some kids so they are stuck there.

Sadly you cant run people over. Circling the wagons might work if you got a bunch of robots. There are only 2 big rovers.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
This game would be so much more fun with ragdolls and the ability to turn people into said ragdolls by throwing wrenches at them or running them over with robots.

And beating them unconscious with toolboxes and turning them into rape apes.

SS13.

If only I had some coding skill there'd be a Garry's mod SS13 game mode by now. and kicking people would in fact just turn them invisible and hide them from the scoreboard.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS
More Moonbase poo poo -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YODHkEnvYrY

I stole a spanish guy's tube

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
What server do you normally play on Clumping?

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Hard Clumping posted:

More Moonbase poo poo -

I though I saw you there Clumping. I have footage of this too. I was running around playing with that speed hack posted earlier.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

QwertySanchez posted:

What server do you normally play on Clumping?

The player limit is so low I just jump around until I find someone trying to actually play, which is getting harder and harder very quickly.

Nuggan posted:

I though I saw you there Clumping. I have footage of this too. I was running around playing with that speed hack posted earlier.

yeah I was like "holy poo poo it's Nuggan!" I thought you had followed me from steam friends

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.

Hard Clumping posted:

More Moonbase poo poo -

I love the robotic "I want to go home... to the moon. We are on the moon". For some reason it strikes me.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
what the gently caress

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

joshtothemaxx posted:

what the gently caress

Haha, pyro is a spy.

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!

joshtothemaxx posted:

what the gently caress

You're a rocket man.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

joshtothemaxx posted:

what the gently caress

So how did you do this, and is it possible to do to others. Because that would be awesome.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Nuggan posted:

So how did you do this, and is it possible to do to others. Because that would be awesome.

i'm really not sure. i put a beacon down, then jumped... and then i just didn't stop going up. i kept going up for like 5 minutes, then magically reappeared right where i jumped from.

couldn't get it to happen again just now. :(

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TdjzW4M7lo (still processing, so no HD yet, and I recommend waiting for it so you can read the chat. I did fix the resolution issue though!)

I love how people complaining over the text to speech sounds like the HAL 9000 slowly dying.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Nuggan posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TdjzW4M7lo (still processing, so no HD yet, and I recommend waiting for it so you can read the chat. I did fix the resolution issue though!)

I love how people complaining over the text to speech sounds like the HAL 9000 slowly dying.

Nuggan. What are you doing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Daaaisy... Daaaisy...

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Nuggan. What the asterisks are you doing.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Phuzzy posted:

Nuggan. What the asterisks are you doing.

I'm stealing the asterisks rover.

(better resolutions work now! Also, I find that I hate the youtube music censorer thing.)

New Plan:
So, we get at least 3 goons in moonbase alpha, named Dave Bowman, Frank Poole, and Hal 9000. Then we use the voice chat to only play clips from 2001 while surrounding other astronauts and pulling things apart. Or, we can play out movie scenes: "Open the pod bay doors please Hal" "I'm sorry Dave, I cant do that" *Unhooks power converter, drives away with it*

Nuggan fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
Nuggan put the cable back.

Edit:Oh drat it they muted it.... well, I'll have it fixed in a few hours I guess... just listen to it with vuvuzelas for now.

Edit2: new audio. Works this time!

Nuggan fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jul 9, 2010

• Locked thread