Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gazmachine
May 22, 2005

Happy Happy Breakdance Challenge 4

Jtomeo posted:

Are the "Outlaws to the End" multiplayer missions just hopelessly bugged right now? The Escape seems to be the only mission that can make it past the loading screen...

Buggy as gently caress my friend. When I first played, "The Kidnapped Girl" it would fail to spawn the girl herself and her captors. Happened 3 times in a row. Then I had a half-decent, non bugged run. Then, the other day, we played the mexican one (Ammunition, I think it's called) and only the gatling gun guys spawned. When we started the round, it would go "checkpoint, checkpoint, you have passed a checkpoint, checkpoint" and then we'd have about 4 people to kill to finish the mission.

Then, in the same session, we moved onto the mines mission. I went to revive my teammate, who died in a similar position to someone else, and my PS3 locked up hard, causing me to have to power off using the power button.

I know it's free but for gently caress's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Any word when us PC losers are gonna get our hands on this?

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I don't know which is more awesome, the prospect of playing through this game as Landon Ricketts or the fact that the free roam griefing fixes don't come until the third DLC

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I'm working on completing the challenges before I start the final mission set..... and, well.... gently caress Level 10 Survivalist. That's going to be a ridiculously long, tedious pile of poo poo.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Vertigo posted:

I'm working on completing the challenges before I start the final mission set..... and, well.... gently caress Level 10 Survivalist. That's going to be a ridiculously long, tedious pile of poo poo.

It took me 20 minutes, tops. Pop a Survivalist Map, grab the two from Tall Trees/Plains, ride over to New Austin for the Feverfew, Desert Sage, Red Sage and then head to Mexico for the last few. I found all of the Mexican herbs in the area right as you cross the bridge.

Cowboy up, pussy.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, geez.

A: you are picking flowers, not trying to rape bears with a knife. B: The little guide/challenge thing TELLS you what flowers or plants you need.

Buy a survivalist map and get ready to slap leather, hombre.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Senator Woofington posted:

Nope.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I had no idea they announced the other DLC packs already. I guess that's what I get for playing to much TF2 on my pc? :haw:

Online poker here I come!

Chop Licker
Apr 25, 2005

by mons al-madeen
Yeah, I just now did all three final survivalist challenges and together they took probably 40 minutes all told.

Now hunting challenges 6-10 look to be a bitch, five each of these little rodents? gently caress that.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

HAL9100 posted:

Buy in, win one hand, exit.

It mustn't be Blackjack then.

Thanks.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

So Marston finally finishes killing off all those former buds of his for the feds, and now he's back on his farm shooting crows and poo poo :psyduck:, I haven't finished the game yet, but I sure wasn't expecting that!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

According to Rockstar, right around never-ish. So probably in a year or so.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

appropriatemetaphor posted:

So Marston finally finishes killing off all those former buds of his for the feds, and now he's back on his farm shooting crows and poo poo :psyduck:, I haven't finished the game yet, but I sure wasn't expecting that!

Keep playing, and keep posting your impressions of what happens. I'm serious... half the reason I read this thread is for this.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Chop Licker posted:

Now hunting challenges 6-10 look to be a bitch, five each of these little rodents? gently caress that.
If you walk through the front door of the Armadillo General Store and out the back, 90% of the time a racoon or skunk will spawn there immediately.

It's a good way to speed that one up.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

According to Rockstar, right around never-ish. So probably in a year or so.
Yeah, they "never" released GTA4 about a year after it's console release. So, I would expect it Summer of next year.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

I'd wager at least after all the DLC has been out for six months, because you're most like getting it all for free.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I'm playing on the PS3 and some of the graphics, trees and brush especially, are almost painful to look at. It's a weird mixture of "shimmering" (not sure how else to describe it, something funny about the edges) and pop-in. Riding through the snowy mountain gives me a headache. Has anyone else had these problems on PS3? What's it like on the 360?

Remmiz
May 3, 2009

GRUUUUUUMMBLES!

the truth posted:

Riding through the snowy mountain gives me a headache.

The snow on the 360 is pretty hard to look at also. I suppose real snow is pretty tough to look at during the day but I'd rather not have to deal with that in the game too.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Jtomeo posted:

Are the "Outlaws to the End" multiplayer missions just hopelessly bugged right now? The Escape seems to be the only mission that can make it past the loading screen...

I think all MP was bugged last night. I was playing Solomon's Folly with my buddy in free roam and the bad guys kept spawning inside the walls of the mine...with the ability to shoot you through the walls when you were in the mine and through the ground when you were outside. That was pretty tough to get through.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

quote =/= edit :(

Jameson-
Apr 1, 2010

Cabinet posted:

It mustn't be Blackjack then.

Thanks.

If you're on 360 or PS3, you can join Rockstar Social Club - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/ - and it will tell you exactly what you're missing on the checklist page - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr/checklist.html

It's not instant and can lag up to 24 hours or more.

Alternatively, you can scour your stats pages in the pause menu and compare the numbers on a 100% completion guide.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

This game needs this gun added in a DLC.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Fuzz posted:

I do believe every game ever does. I love the absurd designs classical gunsmiths came up with to "solve" problems with accuracy (2m long barrel!), ammunition (six cylinders in a huge cylinder!) or simple killing power (it fires a quarter-pound slug!).

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Arthur D Wolfe posted:

I do believe every game ever does. I love the absurd designs classical gunsmiths came up with to "solve" problems with accuracy (2m long barrel!), ammunition (six cylinders in a huge cylinder!) or simple killing power (it fires a quarter-pound slug!).

You've got to start somewhere I suppose. It's funny how we look at stuff like that now and laugh at it' because it's absurd and archaic, I wonder what people in the future will think of our current technology :allears:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
Pfft. Brass case primer based ammunition? How quaint :smug::pipe: Jeevesbot, the blue fusion slug accelerator please.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

Pfft. Brass case primer based ammunition? How quaint :smug::pipe: Jeevesbot, the blue fusion slug accelerator please.

What an appropriate avatar you have for this quote sir.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"

I was really hoping to get this as a boss for the DLC

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Fuzz posted:

Wouldn't the fact that it has to weigh like, thirty pounds, make it completely useless as a pistol?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Slantedfloors posted:

Wouldn't the fact that it has to weigh like, thirty pounds, make it completely useless as a pistol?

30 "Old Western" pounds is like 2.5 "Modern" pounds when adjusted for deflation.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"

BonoMan posted:

30 "Old Western" pounds is like 2.5 "Modern" pounds when adjusted for deflation.

Holy poo poo this is post is the best post.

They bred 'em tougher back then. :clint:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

I sucked it up and bought it for the 360. It would be a bit better with mouse aiming (especially for shooting from horseback, using the analog stick to turn backward is sloooow). However, it's still one of the best games I've played in the past few years, so it's worth it to me just to not have to wait.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

duck monster posted:

Theres a reason my big guy is called "Stupid horse".

On the subject of stupid...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2010/may/24/rockstar-red-dead-redemption-controversy

The guardian, of all newspapers, trying to stir up controversy by picking on the darstardly achievement (tying a woman to the train tracks). How the gently caress can someone get to be critic and be so profoundly unaware of one of the most classic early holywood cowboy movie tropes.

edit: Acutally ignore that. 2 month old article. Whoops.

There's an achievement for this? I was going to try doing that to some criminal anyway to see if it worked! (in Spider-Man 2 if you left thugs webbed up on the train tracks, it wouldn't harm them, though it would harm you if you stood in front of it, which always annoyed me)

I just switched to reading The Grauniad since The Times went behind the paywall. This isn't even the most displeased with it that I've been today...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nathilus posted:

I sucked it up and bought it for the 360. It would be a bit better with mouse aiming (especially for shooting from horseback, using the analog stick to turn backward is sloooow). However, it's still one of the best games I've played in the past few years, so it's worth it to me just to not have to wait.

You can click L3 to make the camera turn around immediately. At least I think it's L3... there's definitely a button for it.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Jameson- posted:

If you're on 360 or PS3, you can join Rockstar Social Club - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/ - and it will tell you exactly what you're missing on the checklist page - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr/checklist.html

It's not instant and can lag up to 24 hours or more.

Alternatively, you can scour your stats pages in the pause menu and compare the numbers on a 100% completion guide.

You are awesome. Turns out I forgot to do a horsebreaking job in Ridgewood farm.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Its amazing when you can play a game over an hour a day for nearly two months and keep finding new poo poo in it.

Today, I found out if you throw a knife at a lamp, it falls to the ground but doesn't break. THEN, if it rolls into the water...it goes out.

This is my favorite game ever.

ydaetskcoR
Apr 29, 2008

ChuckDHead posted:

There's an achievement for this? I was going to try doing that to some criminal anyway to see if it worked! (in Spider-Man 2 if you left thugs webbed up on the train tracks, it wouldn't harm them, though it would harm you if you stood in front of it, which always annoyed me)

I just switched to reading The Grauniad since The Times went behind the paywall. This isn't even the most displeased with it that I've been today...

The Grauniad would be the best newspaper if it wasn't for the loving god awful Berliner style newspaper which makes it the worst of both worlds.

TarKist
Oct 18, 2005

εν τούτω νίκα
New favorite game- pushing people around campsites into the fire. It's hard to get everyone, but jesus, it's a little too satisfying to watch someone fall into the flames and burn alive.

I'm not a monster, I found it by accident.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I like to go to Escalera and shove Mexicans in such a way that they cartwheel hilariously down the town's many steep hills. From the right angle and with a lot of luck, you can even try to shatter small clusters of pots in the marketplace. It's like bowling, but with more cursing in Spanish!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Angry Diplomat posted:

I like to go to Escalera and shove Mexicans in such a way that they cartwheel hilariously down the town's many steep hills. From the right angle and with a lot of luck, you can even try to shatter small clusters of pots in the marketplace. It's like bowling, but with more cursing in Spanish!

I like hogtying a guy, putting him on my horse, then lassoing another and dragging him to a cliff. I then proceed to keep shoving the first guy until he's over the cliff, then I take down the other prisoner, untie them, and shove them over too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I like to tie up an innocent civilian, bring him to a bridge, cut him free, and then instantly plunge to my death because Marsten dutifully marched into open space while cutting the ropes at the guy's feet :saddowns:

• Locked thread