Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.
IGF is the best. I wish I could steadily find their shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Who Gotch Ya posted:

IGF is the best. I wish I could steadily find their shows.
Maybe this will help you find IGF things:

You can listen to clips of the audio here:
http://maplus-navi.jp/e115mpink

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Boco_T posted:

Maybe this will help you find IGF things:

You can listen to clips of the audio here:
http://maplus-navi.jp/e115mpink

hahaha gently caress yeah

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Inoki's chin is obscene in that pic where he's in front of a microphone. Wow. It's like he grafted a lump of flesh onto his face.

Carbon Tiger
Nov 4, 2008

Who Gotch Ya posted:

hahaha gently caress yeah

I gotta wonder if you took a wrong turn or missed your destination would the Inoki GPS slap you and fill you with fighting spirit ?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ditch posted:

Inoki's chin is obscene in that pic where he's in front of a microphone. Wow. It's like he grafted a lump of flesh onto his face.

The cartoon character's chin is hilariously huge too.

Horse Pro
Mar 25, 2007

Social Activist, Philanthropist, Youtube Extraordinaire
Ditch, maybe you can shine some light on this, what's going on with BJW? They used to have the Deathmatch Wars show nearly weekly, but now it seems like they just do one 3-hour show monthly, and that their dates seem a lot more spread out now. Also, they took out that awesome intro with the j-pop song. Is the company in fiscal trouble or something?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I honestly prefer seeing one complete show per month. They ususally do a really nice job balancing out their cards and with the Deathmatch Wars shows they mostly showed clips of or just skipped the undercard.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
They did change to 2 hour blocks on Samurai, with more for when it's a big Yokohama show. I can't recall offhand whether they used to be 1 hour weekly. I don't know any more than that. They certainly seem to tape less often for TV...

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2010/07/15/puroresu-pulse-issue-175-looking-back-at-the-last-three-years
THIS WEEK: Retrospective time.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Im on a Motor City Machine Guns kick. What are some of their best matches in Japan? I've heard great things about them vs. Devitt/Taguchi.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
All Japan October 1996

Kikuchi vs RVD, junior title, October 12th
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WLSV679O

RVD is all "look how awesome I am, I'm totally taking the belts" and it slowly but surely pisses Kikuchi off. Good closing stretch.

Kobashi vs Kawada, Triple Crown, October 18th
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E9DUHJ2M

Really long, and really great. It breaks down somewhat in the final minutes, but there's a lot of nifty details and drama and "it is Kobashi and Kawada and they are doing stuff" for you to watch. I would say this beats out Bret vs Shawn for the best "long" singles match of the '90s

weekly font posted:

Im on a Motor City Machine Guns kick. What are some of their best matches in Japan? I've heard great things about them vs. Devitt/Taguchi.
I didn't really dig the matches but a lot of people did.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 17, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Ditch, help me out here if you can. I remember seeing a match, and I'm sure you probably posted it, where Jushin Liger and a masked opponent are just going at it, tearing one another's masks up. The opponent ends up without a mask but continues the match. I don't remember much more than that, but can you tell me what I'm thinking of?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
If it's Liger's opponent that loses the mask my guess is Liger vs El Samurai from BOSJ 1992.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Yes, that.

http://theditch.us/1992-04-30SamuraivsLiger.avi

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Thanks very much guys. I'm assuming Samurai never unmasked before, aside from breaking into the business without a hood?

edit: Now that I watch it, I don't think this is the match I was thinking of. I remember the victim having short hair, and I thought he removed the mask on his own after it had been torn. Was there another Liger match where he removed an opponent's mask? Or maybe I'm misremembering and Liger wasn't in it. Hmmm.

Strenuous Manflurry fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jul 18, 2010

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Isn't there a Liger/Muta match where Muta rips up Liger's mask but he's got face paint beneath it or something?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Yeah, but Liger doesn't have short hair either.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Thanks very much guys. I'm assuming Samurai never unmasked before, aside from breaking into the business without a hood?
What's funny is he'd JUST come back from Mexico with the gimmick.

quote:

edit: Now that I watch it, I don't think this is the match I was thinking of. I remember the victim having short hair, and I thought he removed the mask on his own after it had been torn. Was there another Liger match where he removed an opponent's mask? Or maybe I'm misremembering and Liger wasn't in it. Hmmm.
Kanemoto rips the mask of both Naniwa and Samurai over the course of the BOSJ '97 tournament.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

weekly font posted:

Isn't there a Liger/Muta match where Muta rips up Liger's mask but he's got face paint beneath it or something?

Muta rips off his mask and his face is painted then he spits mist. It ruled.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Muta rips off his mask and his face is painted then he spits mist. It ruled.

Kishin Liger!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snO7wzNTH_E

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Go Go Tiger Mask

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 18, 2010

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Giant Tiger really hit the gym.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

father loving that much in a short amount of time will do that to your physique.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

A donation has been set up by Alan for Masa Takanashi of DDT for his injury at ddtmasadonations@gmail.com. He got in touch with Michael Nakazawa and overall I think it's pretty cool.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jul 20, 2010

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Marufuji vs Ibushi has been cancelled (again) due to the shoulder injury Ibush picked up in the BOSJ finals. Ibushi will be replaced by Omega.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I thought I would be upset but I'm actually really looking forward to that.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Yeah, it sucks but someone will book another Kota vs Maru match sooner or later. Omega is a good replacement, he's probably gonna be psyched as hell for this.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 20, 2010

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Illinois Smith posted:

Yeah, it sucks but someone will book another Kota vs Maru match sooner or later. Omega is a good replacement, he's probably gonna be psyched as hell for this.

It sucks THAT someone will book that match again and cause one of them to be injured, again.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
All Japan Randomness

Jumbo, Yatsu & Fuchi vs Tenryu, Kawada & Fuyuki, January 28th 1989
http://theditch.biz/JumboYatsuFuchiVsTenryuFootloose1-28-89--JIP.avi

Sadly it's incomplete. But from what we do get, this seems to be the first great modern-style 6-man from the company. It gets hot at Korakuen, yessir.

Hansen & Spivey vs Jumbo & Kobashi, April 16th 1990
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6H7Q149N

A fine tag with three hall of fame level workers and a solid one. The reason I'm posting it is the crowd, which... well all I can say is listen to how they react to the moves.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Hey Ditch, a friend of mine was looking for a Hansen/Kobashi match which ends with a clothesline in one of the turnbuckles. Have an idea which match he is talking about?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
There's their famous 7/28/93 one where Kobashi is sitting on the top turnbuckle and gets lariated down.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Ditch, New Japan right now seems to be the consensus #1 promotion in Japanese wrestling, especially in light of NOAH's rapid downfall after losing the NTV slot and Misawa's death. Could it be argued in any way that Dragon Gate, which I believe you and others have called the #2 promotion, is actually bigger than New Japan?

As far as I can tell, and I'm probably wrong, Dragon Gate draws very favorably in comparison to New Japan, and draws in and moves merchandise to a very different demographic from any other japanese organization. Am I completely off base here?

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Ditch posted:

Hansen & Spivey vs Jumbo & Kobashi, April 16th 1990
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6H7Q149N

A fine tag with three hall of fame level workers and a solid one. The reason I'm posting it is the crowd, which... well all I can say is listen to how they react to the moves.

hahaha this crowd rules.

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes

MassRayPer posted:

It sucks THAT someone will book that match again and cause one of them to be injured, again.

i was the guy w/the crowbar

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
No way is DG bigger. Far more shows of under 1000 attendance, fewer Korakuen sellouts, fewer shows at 4000+ attendance. DG has ONE show at Osaka Prefectural Gym a year, ONE at Sumo Hall, ONE at Kobe World Hall, ONE at Aichi Prefectural Gym... NJ has multiple at each.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Dear Ditch:

WAS ALEX "SUGARFOOT" PAYNE VS. TAKAYAMA TAPED?

Please find this out as soon as you can.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
No.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

HulkaMatt posted:

Dear Ditch:

WAS ALEX "SUGARFOOT" PAYNE VS. TAKAYAMA TAPED?

Please find this out as soon as you can.

Whose bearskin rug is Payne on that he's still getting bookings.