Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Wheezle posted:

In terms of reporting your griefs in this thread, yeah. I still maintain it's just as satisfying to get an over the top reaction to a completely amateur grief though.

Hell, that's half the fun. I've had people go off onto tangents just by me teabagging their corpses out of boredom during a particularly uneventful match on L4D2.

The Director, it seems, approves of teabagging. I promptly found a grenade launcher and chainsaw in rapid succession afterward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Jzmisgoo posted:

How to grief: Do stuff to make people mad -> people get mad -> GRATZ!

Yep. I don't care if it's drawing ducks in Pictionary or if it's a 6-month long intricately planned EVE scam that destroys the largest guild on the server. As long as the end result is sweet, delicious pubbie tears then I want to read about it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
A "roll the dice" TF2 server is, at least in theory, a lighthearted, laid back kind of server where people can enter a command once every two minutes or so to temporarily get some sort of effect applied to them, good or bad. They might get unlimited guaranteed critical hits, turning them into a lethal war machine. They might get buffed health, letting them withstand a ridiculous amount of damage. They might turn invisible for 20-30 seconds, allowing them to wreak havoc with melee weapons on confused players who weren't paying attention to the dice rolls.

The thing is, sometimes the people on these servers are more serious than such a system would suggest. For these people, griefing is as easy as using the system provided. You'd think, if RTDs pissed you off that badly, you wouldn't join a roll the dice server. But still these people blunder in, screaming HACKING when someone's 'toxic' effect kills them instantly just by getting close, or raging the gently caress out over alltalk when an instantkill-enhanced player wipes out their overhealed heavy with a stray pellet of buckshot.

There are some effects more useful for inciting tears than others, and the best ones are those on servers that haven't been careful in limiting the possible effects. With godmode, you can easily waltz in past the most ridiculous base defenses and stroll out with the other team's flag, or capture a point unopposed as the other team helplessly tries to blow your granite form to pieces. Even knockback is disabled, so you can walk right up to a blitzing sentry gun and punch it down. But the stupidest of the bunch are probably capture the flag servers that left noclip as an effect in their RTD. If you roll and get noclip, you can careen through the walls to their flag room and back to yours, untouched, in about 6 seconds. No one can stop you. By the time your effect wears off some 20 seconds later, your team will have won.
And no matter how much you'd think a server with such a ridiculous setting might be designed for casual players, I guarantee you, all of the above things will inevitably make someone flip the gently caress out.
I guess this isn't really all that clever of a grief, but I'm always baffled by people who rage so easily over people using the tools provided to them -- even moreso when those tools are optional, and they specifically joined a room that allowed them.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
I think I was the first one to mention The Slime Apocalypse way back int he first dozen pages or so, and it's almost not fair to compare any other griefing to it. It is griefing's Mona Lisa, unparallelled and unimitable. While I certainly agree that good griefing should be inventive and clever- look at some of the insanity Goonswarm managed to pull off in their heyday- we should be realistic in acknowledging few games offer the possibilities of a mad scientist toiling away in a secret laboratory before threatening to destroy the world, then pulling a "Laugh at me, will they!?" and destroying everything in the world, even the NPC-controlled supposedly-invincible guards.

The Slime Apocalypse was a beautiful, shining moment of griefing, and holding anything up to that standard is merely a recipe for disappointment.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
The best games are the ones that playing right causes grief.

http://www.epicmafia.com/game/460756

Last night was the first night I (Alonois in the game) had played Mafia, and brought a friend along (Anonymous Guevara, who claims to be awful at telling stories). After the other goons got bored of killing me and him for our use of proper English they decided to go hunt for pubbie games to ruin. First one I remember ended in a pure mason victory. This was the second and more interesting game.

It began with me getting to be part of the mafia and Anon getting silencer. Silencer does what his name implies. During the night phase of the games night/day cycle, the silencer picks some one and they cannot talk. I'm not sure why but Anon picked acm09 the first night. The mafia voted to kill Bobbyswagger, who turned out to be one of the two trackers (trackers are townies who follow people and see who they visit in the night phase).

Day phase 1 rolls around and acm09 is incapable of talking. Lots of us start claiming to be cops. In the end the group decides to lynch wobbu after us 'cops' (me being one of the fake cops) claimed it was Wobbu. Wobbu calls us all idiots and said I was "playing them like cards". He gets lynched and calls everyone tools in dead chat.

The second night comes and I know Anon is going to silence acm09 again. He's a dick. So the plan for the mafia is to have our framer make acm09 look like mafia to the currently living cop should he check (and Evilbadman does), while we kill off a random townie, Lloyien. Day 2 rolls around. The handful of pubbies completely ignore that I claimed to be a cop and pushed them to kill a man who turned out to be innocent. We steam rolled acm09. Only Acroix, the traitor (a townie that wins if the mafia wins), and Waifu, another mafia, go against the grain.

So the town lynches acm09 and the mafia now outnumber the townies. Mafia victory! One important thing to remember is that this entire time acm09 has been silenced. He has watched us get people to lynch Wobbu. He then watched us frame him for a crime he didn't commit all while being unable to say a word.

In the post game chat he finally gets to talk

acm09: YOU ARE loving NIGGERS
AnonGuev: Tee-hee
Fippe: lol
xXNiyaXx: lol
acm09: ANON SUCK MY 12 INCH DICK
acm09: YOU loving friend of the family

He then followed us into the next game we all piled into and spammed "bull" for a while until it started.

Also Wobbu did a little post-game raging, "Why does everyone in 15+ player games turn into a complete tool?"

a japanese pop icon
Mar 3, 2010

by Fistgrrl
Amateur griefs are only really funny to the person performing them and only the first few dozen times. It's not even worth sharing, but if you like it, go wild! If you're going to tell other people about your griefing, though, be sure it's at least creative and entertaining.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

GetWellGamers posted:

I think I was the first one to mention The Slime Apocalypse way back int he first dozen pages or so, and it's almost not fair to compare any other griefing to it. It is griefing's Mona Lisa, unparallelled and unimitable. While I certainly agree that good griefing should be inventive and clever- look at some of the insanity Goonswarm managed to pull off in their heyday- we should be realistic in acknowledging few games offer the possibilities of a mad scientist toiling away in a secret laboratory before threatening to destroy the world, then pulling a "Laugh at me, will they!?" and destroying everything in the world, even the NPC-controlled supposedly-invincible guards.

The Slime Apocalypse was a beautiful, shining moment of griefing, and holding anything up to that standard is merely a recipe for disappointment.

Could someone link to the full story of this? I can't find it anywhere using google.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I figure I may as well contribute to this thread. I don't really consider it griefing, more like being a dickhead but it's up to the reader to decide.

In 2005 World of Warcraft was still a rather young game. A lot of the content had not been beaten on some servers and the structure of information flow hadn't yet been created. Some boss strategy were still vague or did not exist. Some of these were outdoor raid bosses. Most, if not all of WoW bosses are instanced away from everyone else. It's impossible for you to really grief them at all. In 2005 there was only a scant few. Lord Kazzak in some desert place was easy enough to grief. Just have an level 1 newbie alt there and when he did an AoE he would kill you and regenerate a shitload of HP. Do this enough times to extend the encounter and he went beserk I believe and would just start oneshotting people. The other bosses were green dragons infront of some portal. My story takes place at the one in Ashenvale, which is a level 20-30ish zone. By this point in my WoW career I had already done the crucible on nerdom: The High Warlord grind. At that point of the game there was no offensive gear outside of the HWL items for Priest.

His name was Cheese. This guy had been a HWL for some time, I think he possibly was the 2nd or 3rd overall on the server. Cheese had a unique problem, as did I. A certain Wow-celebrity named Ming would follow us around whenever we left the safety of a home city and would relentlessly attack us over and over again with his loving camera recording so we would be in his latest circlejerk "PvP" video. He'd rarely ever win since in the PvP matrix Priest would always beat Rogues at the time. It was very rock paper scissor. The downside of this being that any activity you wanted to do solo would be like dragging a sled over hot coals barefoot.

One of the few times we both had a free moment away from this moron we found both of us in Ashenvale by chance. Ming's guild was attempting an outdoor spawn. This particular dragon had a unique way of wiping raids. If someone died they would turn into a mushroom and do Area of Effect damage. If the entire raid was weakened the mushrooms would cascade through the ranks and kill everyone. If you attempted to attack this boss with more than 40 people he would just evade your attacks regardless of it was. So usually it was a standard raid of 40 people. Both Cheese and I notice that this raid is about to occur and what guild is happened to be. We manuever around to the pedestal that the Dragon sits upon and kill ourselves. We wait some time until the actual fight begins and resurrect.

Traditional raid encounters in WoW at the time usually had a main tank who gets all the attention of the boss and an alternative tank who is second on the threat metric. If the main tank died the boss would instantly switch to the alternate tank, not the weak casters and healers. At the time, Priest had a unique skill called Mind Control. This skill had two functions in PvP, to cause people to jump off bridges to their death. Or drown people. There however a third mechanic to it that very very few people knew about at the time. Mind Controlling someone would wipe their threat since it became a different person's property. Since we had two Priest we quickly came to the conclusion that we could wipe this raid. We resurrected right behind the Main tank and Alt tank and mind controlled them and released them nearly instantly. The Dragon, upon losing it's threat on the tanks immediately switched over to the healers who were highest on the threat meters and rampaged through them. Mushrooms spawning all over the place causing it to get worse.

The guild figures someone screwed up and took aggro away from the tank and resets and tries again only to meet the same fate. They attempt it an astounding thirteen more times before they call it quits and go home. The best part about the entire debacle was the fact that the Dragon would never bother with us since we did not attack it.

Shortly after this incident I find that I have no real interest in the PvE aspects of Wow and quit. I won the game :downsbravo:

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

crumshot posted:

Not sure I understand what's going on in that (never played TTT before). Could you explain?

I've been playing a lot of TTT and there's no real griefing here. The guy pretended he was going to drop the knife for someone else and stabbed him instead but that's not really doing that much.

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!

Vib Rib posted:

TF2 stuff

Speaking of TF2 capture the flag, there is a button to drop the flag (default is T) if you get a friend to help you get the flag and find an isolated place and mash T the announcer goes crazy. And since the announcer announces to everyone it gets everyone mad.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Jzmisgoo posted:

Speaking of TF2 capture the flag, there is a button to drop the flag (default is T) if you get a friend to help you get the flag and find an isolated place and mash T the announcer goes crazy. And since the announcer announces to everyone it gets everyone mad.
In Halo2 that was the fastest and safest way to carry the flag.

"flag taken! flag dropped! flag taken!" etc

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dr_Amazing posted:

I've been playing a lot of TTT and there's no real griefing here. The guy pretended he was going to drop the knife for someone else and stabbed him instead but that's not really doing that much.

Yeah that's not even griefing, that's an often used tactic that works on idiots all the time.
I'm always trying to figure out a good tactic to grief TTT on my own, but instead I end up stuck playing it legit (which gets just as many people angry at you anyway).

One thing I recommend for TTT is to make your player name "That One Guy". The reason for this, is every single time I'm playing, there's a very serious guy playing by that name, and there's always someone who joins with the exact same name, which makes him have a fit and search for admins.

As for people talking about "amateur griefs" and all that, I agree with the person who said it's all about the reaction you get.
Even if you play the game correctly, if you manage to get that person to boil over, it's awesome.
It may not be worth sharing, but that doesn't make it any less amusing to the person doing it. That said, yeah some of the lesser things aren't much fun to read about, though it may have been fun to do.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Swartz posted:

One thing I recommend for TTT is to make your player name "That One Guy". The reason for this, is every single time I'm playing, there's a very serious guy playing by that name, and there's always someone who joins with the exact same name, which makes him have a fit and search for admins.

Homer would be proud :)

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
I was with the TTT stuff since the beginning and it was never good griefing. I mean, it sounds great when people talk about it in here and in concept it is, but what it comes down to is a bunch of unorganized goons running around and killing people and I guess that makes them mad and sometimes there is some more creative stuff like the president gimmick we did once, but there's always some people who don't cooperate and it just ends up being a bunch of headless chickens running around. I don't see why you guys still do it.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Greedish posted:

I was with the TTT stuff since the beginning and it was never good griefing. I mean, it sounds great when people talk about it in here and in concept it is, but what it comes down to is a bunch of unorganized goons running around and killing people and I guess that makes them mad and sometimes there is some more creative stuff like the president gimmick we did once, but there's always some people who don't cooperate and it just ends up being a bunch of headless chickens running around. I don't see why you guys still do it.

In my opinion it gets shittier the more goons in a game there are. The best way to grief TTT is in splinter groups of 2, maybe 3 people. I had to stop playing because when a couple IRL friends and I would join a game, all the goddamn goons on my friends list would join up and get in my vent and it would get real not fun real fast. I love playin' games with you guys, but TTT just isn't fun when there are 26 people on a server, 20 of them goons. It just ends up us playing deathmatch - it's why I wasn't too inspired to keep up the Goon TTT server.

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
Speaking of which, did you remove me on Steam? I haven't seen you on in a few days. Maybe because I changed my name and avatar. My SteamID's in my profile if you want to add me again.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Well Alien Swarm will be coming out soon, and if its anything like the UT2004 mod, friendly fire is always enabled and some of the people who played that game were always on edge about being as efficient as possible to the point where they would get pissed if you were a newbie that didn't do things the EXACT WAY they want them.

banana tophat
Apr 25, 2007
I won't accept that anecdotal evidence is irrelevant in the face of actual data, because I lack critical thinking skills.

It is impossible to engage me in reasonable discussion, ignore my posts.
I recently resorted to griefing in All Points Bulletin because, and I'm sad to say this, I suck at the game. My gear may be to blame, I'm not sure, I haven't been playing too long. Regardless, I lost all motivation to try to get better because I just repeatedly get roflstomped by teams of 3-4 players that 1- or 2-shot me.

For those interested, some griefing options in APB are:
- Ram another players cars until it explodes (this is especially fun if they hopped out for a second to hit up an ammo supply and came back to see a flaming husk instead of their custom Charge Cisco)
- pin a player's car between a trash truck and a wall
- Find a player in a high speed chase and crash into them head-on
- Stand in a player's line of sight while they're engaged in a gun fight with another player
- join in on random APBs and deliver stolen cars instead of actually participating
- join in on random APBs and commit suicide

It goes on, but you get an idea of how a single player can easily eff up everyone's day.

For those who haven't played the game: you can't run around hurting anyone all willy nilly. The game must first initiate a match between you/your group and other players, and you prevent each other from completing objective-based missions. Point is, you can only hurt those involved.

banana tophat fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 19, 2010

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

If it's anything like the beta ramming a dumptruck full speed will make any car in the game explode. This includes the cars of people in the middle of missions.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Xinlum posted:

If it's anything like the beta ramming a dumptruck full speed will make any car in the game explode. This includes the cars of people in the middle of missions.

Mind you, anything lesser then a Semi doesn't fare much better in the real world doing the same thing :eng101:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Going back to Minecraft, deleting someone's work in that game is equivalent to team-killing someone in CS. Occasionally you'll get some 13-year-old who'll completely flip out, but most of the time people will just call you a douche and ban you from the server.

I think I've posted my MC griefs in the thread before, but I do have another story that I don't believe I've told. Back when hacks were starting to get popular, about half the people who played on creative servers either didn't know about hacks or refused to use them. The end result is they couldn't fly, and had to build floating islands or bridges the hard way by building a column of blocks up to the level they wanted to build. Building horizontally involves edging slowly to the end of a block until you can see the side, then placing a block on said side. One guy decided he wanted to build a midair platform without hacks, so nearly every time he tried crawling to the very edge, I would bump into him and knock him off. Cue him respawning in the middle of the platform and trying to repeat the process again. He eventually yelled through chat enough that an admin teleported over and saw my antics, and I was promptly banned.

Another time, some dude would not shut up about how people repeatedly flooded his underground base, even though it was only flooded once the entire two hours I was there. fun grief was when I flooded some dude's base, and immediately started to clean out the water with sponges (which remove water in a 5x5 block around the sponge). I made sure to announce that his base was flooded. He started bitching, then blamed me for flooding his base. I responded that I merely noticed the flooded base and was trying to help fix it, then started berating him for being so inconsiderate. I eventually managed to convince the whole server that this guy flooded his own base for the attention, and they all started berating him as well. It had the nice side effect of keeping him quiet for the rest of the time I was on.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Greedish posted:

I have to agree with this. TTT is a game where the entire point is to kill, betray, and verbally abuse your teammates, and nothing pisses off people more than being better at it than they are.

The closest I come to real greifing is RDMing any person with an especially annoying voice,or someone who just won't shut up. If anyone questions it, I'll just full on admit that I did it, not because I was the traitor, but because he was irritating. People usually accept that excuse.

several ducks
Oct 24, 2007

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

YouTuber posted:

Shortly after this incident I find that I have no real interest in the PvE aspects of Wow and quit. I won the game :downsbravo:
How the heck did you two keep out of sight with the big red I'M RIGHT HERE lettering over your head?

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

YouTuber posted:

At the time, Priest had a unique skill called Mind Control. This skill had two functions in PvP, to cause people to jump off bridges to their death. Or drown people.

Or for taking control of the NPC used to access PvP battlegrounds, and murderising anyone queuing for it nearby.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Vib Rib posted:

A "roll the dice" TF2 server is, at least in theory, a lighthearted, laid back kind of server where people can enter a command once every two minutes or so to temporarily get some sort of effect applied to them, good or bad. They might get unlimited guaranteed critical hits, turning them into a lethal war machine. They might get buffed health, letting them withstand a ridiculous amount of damage. They might turn invisible for 20-30 seconds, allowing them to wreak havoc with melee weapons on confused players who weren't paying attention to the dice rolls.

The thing is, sometimes the people on these servers are more serious than such a system would suggest. For these people, griefing is as easy as using the system provided. You'd think, if RTDs pissed you off that badly, you wouldn't join a roll the dice server. But still these people blunder in, screaming HACKING when someone's 'toxic' effect kills them instantly just by getting close, or raging the gently caress out over alltalk when an instantkill-enhanced player wipes out their overhealed heavy with a stray pellet of buckshot.

There are some effects more useful for inciting tears than others, and the best ones are those on servers that haven't been careful in limiting the possible effects. With godmode, you can easily waltz in past the most ridiculous base defenses and stroll out with the other team's flag, or capture a point unopposed as the other team helplessly tries to blow your granite form to pieces. Even knockback is disabled, so you can walk right up to a blitzing sentry gun and punch it down. But the stupidest of the bunch are probably capture the flag servers that left noclip as an effect in their RTD. If you roll and get noclip, you can careen through the walls to their flag room and back to yours, untouched, in about 6 seconds. No one can stop you. By the time your effect wears off some 20 seconds later, your team will have won.
And no matter how much you'd think a server with such a ridiculous setting might be designed for casual players, I guarantee you, all of the above things will inevitably make someone flip the gently caress out.
I guess this isn't really all that clever of a grief, but I'm always baffled by people who rage so easily over people using the tools provided to them -- even moreso when those tools are optional, and they specifically joined a room that allowed them.

A little more on RTD, godmode actually does get affected by airblasts. A bit dumb but normally everybody is a backburner pyro.
Depending on the map/server you play in, rolling things like toxic or instant kills and running near or into an enemy spawn can make you completely lock down an enemy team for 30 seconds. Imagine an entire team respawning, dying, then respawning again over and over again every second for 30 seconds. Fun fact, rolling instant kills as an engie also grants your sentry instakilling capabilities, think about that for a second.

While I'm mostly on a surf server (with RTD) with a large community of regulars, there are always a few people who insist that they surf and not be hurt or shot at all. Of course, killing them once causes immediate rage and recently I had a guy who, despite getting killed by a sticky/pyro every other second, refused to leave and just kept raging in chat. "you're gay", "you're a friend of the family", "ur mom", basically all of the normal, stupid insults. Of course, it didn't help that most surf maps have open spawns, allowing the other team to get to your spawn. Some maps have ridiculous surfs until you can get to their spawn, others are only a fall/sticky jump away. A few terrible maps even have a combined spawn, where the two teams spawn in the same room with nothing stopping each other from killing each other. Most people just deal with it, but once or twice a week the rage flows and the tears are sweet.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Logikv9 posted:

surf

What the hell is a surf?

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

flatluigi posted:

Lost Levels is a really obvious troll and has been for over a month, ignore him

It's just emron putting in a couple posts outside the TF2 thread to try and make his cute little account seem like a real poster.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

WoodrowSkillson posted:

What the hell is a surf?

A quick example (this map is actually really bad and easy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HavYHHz4aH4

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

What the hell is a surf?

Maps that exploit the physics engine of the game so that you can "surf" down slopes and loops and poo poo with your character.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Cbouncerrun posted:

Could someone link to the full story of this? I can't find it anywhere using google.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010124110000/http://home.dwave.net/~chrae/misc/htm/nosplit.htm

The screenshots are unfortunately lost to history.

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Greedish posted:

I only hop on occasionally now, and since half the time when I see a group of you guys on a server I try to join and get reminded that I'm banned from it, so I usually end up just playing with one or two other goons or just playing the game normal and it's just as fun. We had some really good nights, and some really aimless pointless ones, it just depended on how many people usually. I remember goons taking over 18-20 slots servers with 12-14 people and it wasn't fun anymore because we had settled into an uneasy truce of never intentionally killing any goons, which led to every other non-goon player getting murdered in the first minutes of the round regardless of anything else. I just found it annoying when we had a good group of 4 or 5 people on a server and there's one guy who's just obsessed with knowing the traitor list (with 4 or 5 people on a small server we're just about guaranteed to have a traitor and 95% of the time we're having whoever is a traitor tell us who the other traitors are), sometimes it was just a lot more fun to play the game like normal. I'm sure you get your RDA of pubbie tears after only a couple matches where you know who the traitors are, murder them before they do anything, then after the round get to convince people in voice chat you saw them with a knife or you heard them buying equipment or something ridiculous. Doing this is why so many goons are banned from so many servers, I honestly used to have the most fun when in the middle of an hour or two of unstoppable goon domination on a server I lucked out and was the only traitor with a bunch of pubs v:shobon:v

It's a great game whether you cheat it a little or not, there's a lot of really good players (and really annoying, very young British players) and when you're actually playing for real it is one of the best games I've ever played for mind games, straight up lying, and just making up the most frustrating bunch of bullshit you can get away with ever. When I'm traitor I almost always try to get a kill or two right at the very beginning of the round, just for the surprise factor and because it'll force someone to sit out for the maximum period of time, speaking of which, if there's no real suspicion on me I always try and use the entire round time. It simply pisses people off, but it's good strategy to get people to leave as much as you can, especially when "ghosting" with goons, because that means room for a new player to join who has no grudges and no idea whats been happening on the server. I usually stretch my time in the round by spending long periods of time just pretending like I'm an innocent and hanging out with them and IDing bodies and generally being a do-gooder. One of the best advantages you can have is the general trust of the innocents, once it starts getting towards the last minutes of the round people are very suspicious of anyone they haven't seen much of during the round. It's really great to just ride on the boat around a map and chat it up and bullshit with the detectives for most of the round while everyone you already killed just has to listen to you and seeth while they're waiting for the next round. Really some of the funniest things I've "seen" in TTT have just been from being in spectator and listening to all the dead people bitch and moan and compare stories while the people they know are traitors run game and murder all their buddies.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

YouTuber posted:

Ming

This dude was the biggest WoW-sperglord I can remember. Holy poo poo, please tell me you have any other stories involving him. I really wish I could find a post but I bet he was too busy crying about Rogues or his e-fame to do anything.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I gotta agree with Blarticus.

When I'm the only goon traitor in a big group I don't let anyone know since then all my fellow traitors will get murdered super fast leaving me to deal with 15+ innocents by myself. Thankfully the game has died down a bit and theres always only a few people in chat to play with. Last night was pretty fun. I RDMed a guy for a bogus reason:

I accused him of being the traitor he said he wasn't so I told him to prove it by letting me kill him. An innocent will usually say "Fine take the Karma hit rear end in a top hat" but he said "No don't kill me" as traitors who want to live to get kills do. So I killed him. He was innocent.

He held on to that RDM for the entire night. Telling everyone how much of a blatant RDMer I was despite never having less than 950 or so karma. The goons on the server were targeting him first as traitor and sometimes RDMing him all night while defending me. But still he only wanted ME banned. It was loving weird.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Greedish posted:

Speaking of which, did you remove me on Steam? I haven't seen you on in a few days. Maybe because I changed my name and avatar. My SteamID's in my profile if you want to add me again.

Nope, you're still there. I just tried to re-add you and it said you were under the name "bear," but I looked down my friends list and couldn't find you.

Control Volume posted:

Going back to Minecraft, deleting someone's work in that game is equivalent to team-killing someone in CS. Occasionally you'll get some 13-year-old who'll completely flip out, but most of the time people will just call you a douche and ban you from the server.

I think I've posted my MC griefs in the thread before, but I do have another story that I don't believe I've told. Back when hacks were starting to get popular, about half the people who played on creative servers either didn't know about hacks or refused to use them. The end result is they couldn't fly, and had to build floating islands or bridges the hard way by building a column of blocks up to the level they wanted to build. Building horizontally involves edging slowly to the end of a block until you can see the side, then placing a block on said side. One guy decided he wanted to build a midair platform without hacks, so nearly every time he tried crawling to the very edge, I would bump into him and knock him off. Cue him respawning in the middle of the platform and trying to repeat the process again. He eventually yelled through chat enough that an admin teleported over and saw my antics, and I was promptly banned.

See, this is hilarious.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Last night on TTT was pretty hilarious, but it wasn't so much TTT itself, just getting some random guy Bojangles to freak out about RDMing over chat. Eh, not too exciting, but he was really quite mad. Unfortunately my connection cut out just as I RDMed him (accidentally, really) two seconds into the round as a fellow traitor so I missed what was probably a pretty intense bitchfest.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
I made some videos of ruining a few campaigns in my spare time on Moonbase Alpha. It's a really short game, if you've never played it before. Basically you join a server, pick up some tools, click and repair some stuff within a time limit. That's all, really. So theres no harm in loving up a game or two, since they're pretty much pointless anyways. The best part is pulling pieces of the pipeline/cable/hose off of the oxygen stuff that everyone is trying to fix, and running away with them. If you have the text-to-speech enabled in-game, it's absolutely hilarious. I've got some more clips but I really don't feel like editing this junk. But anyways, here is my experience in Moonbase Alpha.

Also, I sped up parts of the video (minus most of the talking) because it's just an agonizingly slow game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMzt6ARc5DY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RONp-vsKinE

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

YouTuber posted:

Ming

You should have made a video out of that, just to spite him.

Jimlad
Jan 8, 2005

This one had me in tears of laughter, simply because of the text-to-speech. Not only does it remind me of Stephen Hawking, but "Shut the **** up." translates to "Shut the asterisk up." The bit where the guy went "Nerulos, you are an asterisk. Go asterisk yourself." was just too much.

Jimlad fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 19, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
Love the role playing you got going there dude. Evil martians ftw.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread