Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Multiplayer, Free Roam. Master Hunter II Level 3. I'm hunting the Jaguar in Tall Trees. Oh, excuse me, it's actually called....

COUGARGEDDON

Jesus. loving. Christ. TEN?? Yeah, I can kill ten. It's the other loving thirty of them getting me that's the problem. I almost want the top of that cabin to be reachable with a mounted machine gun so it's a fair fight.
Grab a stagecoach/wagon and park it by the cabin. They can't touch you in the driver or shotgun passenger positions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
You guys probably know this, but you can get an invisible RPG in this game, works with both dynamite and molly's.

Just equip your dynamite or molotov, and go into dead-eye. Look at your target, and mash the target button to get the red X on it. Works well over distances, and will explode on impact.

Vengeance
Jan 1, 2005

I'm A Good Catholic
If anyone fancies doing co-op, normal or advanced, shoot me a message on 360, GT: vengeancegoon

Looks like public co-op is messed up right now, I've been trying to get in for ages and no luck. But private co-op should still work.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Thanks for cougar tips, got my game 100% finished now... funnily enough the bear one was easier since I had two of them chase me into a posse of NPCs on horses and while there was a brawl going on I just rode up and knifed on in the back. Now I've just got to hunt down that elusive last buffalo and find a seagull for Unnatural Selection and I'll be about done with the single player game.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I rode up to Ross at the end and with his wife hogtied to the back of my horse. I pulled out my pistol and shot her in the head while she was still on the horse, then as her body slumped into the bushes Jack calmly dismounts, walks up to Ross, they have their chat and then Jack puts 4 bullets through Ross' crotch, 1 in his heart, and one right between his eyes. Spared the brother though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

the truth posted:

What does that do?

It gives a list of what items you need and what you currently have collected.

Vengeance
Jan 1, 2005

I'm A Good Catholic

Noxville posted:

Thanks for cougar tips, got my game 100% finished now... funnily enough the bear one was easier since I had two of them chase me into a posse of NPCs on horses and while there was a brawl going on I just rode up and knifed on in the back. Now I've just got to hunt down that elusive last buffalo and find a seagull for Unnatural Selection and I'll be about done with the single player game.

Get the seagull in Blackwater down by the water... The last Buffalo took me some time, I rode around and did stuff for in-game days until it finally showed itself again.

Paint-Drinking Pete
Apr 9, 2009
I just played a grab the bag match against a full posse of Spanish-speaking people with mics, but my team was the Rebeldes and the people speaking Spanish were the American Army so it was one of the most confusing games I've ever played online.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Hey you know what sucks? The last battle automatically places you in Dead Eye without any warning so if you hit the Dead Eye button like you think you should to take those bastards down you EXIT dead eye and don't get to shoot ANY of them, instead being turned into mincemeat like a big pussy.

:mad:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Peas and Rice posted:

Hey you know what sucks? The last battle automatically places you in Dead Eye without any warning so if you hit the Dead Eye button like you think you should to take those bastards down you EXIT dead eye and don't get to shoot ANY of them, instead being turned into mincemeat like a big pussy.

:mad:

This exact thign happened to my friend while I was watching and I was cracking up uncontrollably after he realized he couldn't go back.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I did it too and it IS a huge bummer. I almost reloaded to do it properly.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Earwicker posted:

I normally follow this but if I see that someone has a bounty, hell yes I'm going to hunt them down and collect. I'd expect anyone to do the same for me!

that is my exception to the rule. that skull means I'm gonna kill you, or die trying

Orcrez
Apr 11, 2009

Kly posted:

I did it too and it IS a huge bummer. I almost reloaded to do it properly.

I did reload it.... god drat it if im not going to take at least one bitch to hell with me!

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?

Tewratomeh posted:

If all you need is the Gentleman's Attire, why don't you just go ahead and sign up for the Rockstar Games Social Club to get it? That's all it is, a bonus for joining the Social Club, which also unlocks various challenges you can do in-game that give you special cheat codes.

...I'm not a shill for Rockstar, it just unlocks some cool stuff.

I've been signed up since GTA 4 came out on PC, it's just never unlocked for me at any point regardless of what I've done. I've been told I need to start a new game to get it which is bullshit.

Angry Diplomat posted:

No the best mode would be Bear Tag-team, in which you are a bear and one of your friends is a cowboy who is riding you and you fight (or commit) crime.

And my god does Bear Tag sound like an awesome game mode. That's $9.99 right there.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I would pay :10bux: for bear tag, or bear mode, or a cougar vs bear, or a cougar mode. Make it happen rockstar :colbert:

This kinda upset me today though. I was browsing the Bone Clones website, and found this :

That is the right paw of a black bear (kinda tiny compared to a grizzly). It is amazingly similar to a humans right hand.

I have been killed by bears a loving LOT in this game, and just now realized I was being pimpslapped to death by a bear :saddowns:. This saddens me to know I have felt the power of pooh's pimphand.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Does anyone know the best way to do the free roam sharpshooter challenge of "hat shot + disarm within 3 seconds" Does it always have to be in that order? And is it only on enemy types? I swear I was in Plainview and pointed my gun at a dude to get him to draw, shot his hat and then his hand and I got poo poo for it.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Use a shotgun from far away. I always get hat shots and disarms at the same time while using the auto-shotty at mid-range.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I have been killed by bears a loving LOT in this game, and just now realized I was being pimpslapped to death by a bear :saddowns:. This saddens me to know I have felt the power of pooh's pimphand.

I'm both glad and disappointed that I can't blast bears into bits in this game. On one hand, it's good that you don't get gratuitous violence where you don't need it or where it might not be appropriate; on the other, that loving bear just killed my third American Standardbred, I want to shoot his loving head off and kick it into the river.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

I'm both glad and disappointed that I can't blast bears into bits in this game. On one hand, it's good that you don't get gratuitous violence where you don't need it or where it might not be appropriate; on the other, that loving bear just killed my third American Standardbred, I want to shoot his loving head off and kick it into the river.

Using the Standardbred is your problem, real cowboys use the Hungarian :clint:.

mark-p87
Sep 27, 2006
Really Dystopian Rhetoric
I need to play Liar's Dice in Casa Madrugada for a piece of an outfit, but there's never anyone there. Do I just have to wait a few days or is it a specific time?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Scoobi posted:

Does anyone know the best way to do the free roam sharpshooter challenge of "hat shot + disarm within 3 seconds" Does it always have to be in that order? And is it only on enemy types? I swear I was in Plainview and pointed my gun at a dude to get him to draw, shot his hat and then his hand and I got poo poo for it.

I seem to recall hearing that if you draw blood it doesn't count and you _have_ to nail the gun, not the gun hand.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

dogydemoc posted:

I need to play Liar's Dice in Casa Madrugada for a piece of an outfit, but there's never anyone there. Do I just have to wait a few days or is it a specific time?
Just wait around for someone to show up.

Scoobi posted:

Like Kly said, try using a shotgun. I completed that challenge while blindly firing away with the semi-auto shotgun at a large group of Bollard gang members in Pike's Basin.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Capn Beeb posted:

...if you draw blood it doesn't count and you _have_ to nail the gun, not the gun hand.

This is not true.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

CheshireCat posted:

Just wait around for someone to show up.

Like Kly said, try using a shotgun. I completed that challenge while blindly firing away with the semi-auto shotgun at a large group of Bollard gang members in Pike's Basin.

Easier in Gaptooth Breach IMO, when they come out of the building you have to push the cart through (before you get the cart there, 7 or 8 will come running out). Blast away with the semi-auto shotgun and you're set

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I'm watching my roommate play RDR right now.

He was tying up a dude that robbed a shopkeeper in Chuparosa next to the cliff just west of town. Right as he starts tying the guy up a posse of Federales rides in to collect on his bounty, one jumps off of his horse but his horse keeps going. Right as he finishes tying up the criminal he gets spearheaded by the horse in full gallop and gets launched off of the cliff onto the train tracks where he narrowly escapes an oncoming train.

:psyduck:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I think I'm screwed. I'm at 99.5% completion. I've done absolutely everything except a few bounties.

However, I will never be able to get 100% completion because the Aztec Gold stranger mission seems to have glitched.

I found him in the canyon. I found each piece of his map. I then met him at the cave and we ran in. We found where his gold was supposed to be, and I watched a scene where he broke down in frustration over the gold not being there.

But for some reason the mission never said it was complete. It's just stuck. It's still listed in my journal as incomplete.

And I really wanted that FBI uniform. :smith:

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Try shooting him. That part glitched for me too but I don't recall what I did to fix it.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

-Spiffy- posted:

Try shooting him. That part glitched for me too but I don't recall what I did to fix it.

There's no him left to shoot. The cave is empty. I thought I had finished the mission, so I left. It was only later, after I saved, that I noticed the mission was never completed officially.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I remember having to walk up the path from the mine to a certain spot near that homestead or something but dunno dude.

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

After he doesn't find the gold you get ambushed, I think, and then you have to walk out of the cave up to the rear of that house. Try walking around there to see if maybe you can trigger the end of the mission.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

Just walked through the entire area, back and forth, every bit of the cave explored, through the whole little town, shot everyone in town out of frustration. Nothing.

And you know what? The game was fun enough that I could see myself doing another 100% run in the future to get it officially.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Master Twig posted:

Just walked through the entire area, back and forth, every bit of the cave explored, through the whole little town, shot everyone in town out of frustration. Nothing.

And you know what? The game was fun enough that I could see myself doing another 100% run in the future to get it officially.

If it makes you feel better as soon as I unlocked the uniform I put it on said "huh that's cool" and went right back to the poncho.

Nothing beats the poncho :colbert:

Sir_tank
Jul 16, 2010
Playing this game was some of the most fun I've had in awhile game-wise. I was kept entertained throughout the entire game, and gambled so much money in Texas hold-em. I really hope Rockstar's next game gets on a comparable level with RDR.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
More fun adventures in Tall Trees:

I'm just strolling through, not really doing anything but I see a bear. So I shoot it, kill it, and I skin it. And as the long rear end skinning anitmation takes place, I notice there is now a bear directly behind John and I can do nothing about.

So here I am, yelling at my TV "poo poo John! Get it together man!" and right after it finishes I immediate go into deadeye and start firing wildly as there is a bear pretty much on top off me. And sure enough that bear dies and I'm just about to push Y, when I stop and think "y'know there is probably another bear behind me." So I turn around, but I was wrong. There were 3 bears behind me, plus a 4th off in the distance but charging straight at me.

I've been playing video games for a long time now, and honestly I think Tall Trees might be the scariest area of any video game I can remember.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

fennesz posted:

If it makes you feel better as soon as I unlocked the uniform I put it on said "huh that's cool" and went right back to the poncho.

Nothing beats the poncho :colbert:

Poncho-sporting Marston doesn't give a gently caress.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

This kinda upset me today though. I was browsing the Bone Clones website, and found this :

That is the right paw of a black bear (kinda tiny compared to a grizzly). It is amazingly similar to a humans right hand.

That is an example of homologous structures.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I've been playing video games for a long time now, and honestly I think Tall Trees might be the scariest area of any video game I can remember.

For someone with a dolphin for an avatar, you sure haven't played a lot of Ecco.

Also, Duster Coat all the way, bitches. Sure, the Legends of the West costume is sleeker and looks more badass, but the coat is raggedy and you know it's had a long life.

Remmiz
May 3, 2009

GRUUUUUUMMBLES!
I wore the Elegant Suit the entire game..it made Marston look classy in all his killing and slaughtering.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
One of the last achievements I'm working on is killing 500 people with a Gatling Gun. If I replay missions with the Gatling, do the kills keep adding up towards my 500 total, or do I really need to grind this out in a private multiplayer map like the guides suggest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Peas and Rice posted:

One of the last achievements I'm working on is killing 500 people with a Gatling Gun. If I replay missions with the Gatling, do the kills keep adding up towards my 500 total, or do I really need to grind this out in a private multiplayer map like the guides suggest?
Replays don't add to the statistics, sorry.

The best place I found was El Matador, with the roof-mounted Browning gun. Load up Multi-player, go there, and the start shooting cops. The gun is able to nail almost anything along the most likely spawn routes.

Slantedfloors fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 26, 2010

• Locked thread