Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

poop posted:

I watched the other moonbase alpha videos, but this one is the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo

Oh god, I didn't get at first why I thought the first part (the chorus of aeiou) was so funny, then I remembered This, and thought of it in a stephen hawking voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IHatePancakes
Jan 29, 2009
I just spent a good 15 minutes with Crackdown 2 killing kids with a helicopter. And no, I wasn't hunting them down with miniguns or blowing them up with rocket launchers. That came later. There was one kid and his friend who couldn't get a helicopter as they couldn't jump far enough yet. I offer them a ride over to the big helipad with my chopper. Now, normally when you fly low to the ground the little landing legs extend, which also let people grab on. I was just above that point, having my legs retracted. They spent a good 10 minutes jumping from underneath, head first into my rotor blades, killing themselves instantly over and over again. I, of course, keep telling them to not to jump so high, or jump from a different angle, or jump and hit Y. Eventually they gave up and then I chased them around the city with rocket launchers while they screamed at me.

Hobophobe
Nov 14, 2004

That rug really tied the room together.

honeymustard posted:

I discovered a fun little thing to do in TF2, though most people probably figured it out. At the start of a round, in setup (works best), stand in front of an engineer whilst he's trying to place a building. He'll keep strafing around trying to find a place to put it, but you just keep up with him. Their reactions are pretty hilarious.

Better yet; let him build his SG. As soon as he gets it up and moves out of the way, drop a teleporter entrance right where he would normally crouch to make repairs/upgrades. Make sure your exit is somewhere deep in enemy territory.

A good way to accomplish this is to simply hide an inactive exit wherever on any A/D map while playing D. As long as its not spewing out soldiers the enemy team won't go looking for it.

IHatePancakes
Jan 29, 2009
More Crackdown 2 fun: For those that haven't played either crackdown game, at the center of the map there is the agency tower. During multiplayer you can use it as a spawn point and also get helicopters if your agility skill is high enough. There is also a funny little easter egg. One of the chimneys is hollow and drops down below sea level into a giant toilet. The chimney, while small, is JUST wide enough to fit a helicopter. I fly in, and hover down to about halfway down. I then tell everyone to come meet me, and convince them to jump in. On the minimap all they can see is my triangle, and have no way of knowing I'm in a vehicle. I get 3 players to jump in more than once, right onto my whirling blades of death.

They later wise up, and end up blowing me up. Feeling victorious after defeating the "rear end in a top hat in the copter," they taunt me, daring me to come down again. I go grab another helicopter, but not after I attach explosives all around it. I fly up to the chimney, bail out, and let my helicopter fall to the bottom crushing, chopping, and then exploding when I hit the button. It was beautiful.

A Rabid Llama
Aug 19, 2003

Donkey PUNCH

poop posted:

The "999999999999" part reminds me of the seagulls in Finding Nemo

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

Hobophobe posted:

Better yet; let him build his SG. As soon as he gets it up and moves out of the way, drop a teleporter entrance right where he would normally crouch to make repairs/upgrades. Make sure your exit is somewhere deep in enemy territory.

A good way to accomplish this is to simply hide an inactive exit wherever on any A/D map while playing D. As long as its not spewing out soldiers the enemy team won't go looking for it.

That reminds me, I did a reverse grief at this engineer who was trying to teleport me while I was sniping. He built a teleporter at my feet thinking I was too typically sniper-dense to notice and that I would just kinda walk over it while I was scoped in. Well, I noticed right away but I pretended I didn't. I walked all around it while scoped in, and then ran about 20 feet to the other side and started scoping there. He went over and picked up his tele and ran to where I was and placed it again. We went back and forth like this for about 10 minutes, and as far as he knew I was completely unaware this was going on so he kept trying.

It was harmless and not super funny or creative, I just enjoyed fooling this little engy.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed
I've been playing Halo 3 again recently and I came across a wonderful way to piss people off. In CTF matches, people who take the flag tend to drop it and pick it up again as they run with it. Since you walk slower with the flag and dropping the flag throws it about a foot in front of you, doing this will make you move slightly faster. The downside is that the announcer will constantly repeat "FLAG TAKENFLAG DROPPEDFFLAG TAKENFLAG DROPPEDLAG TAKENFLAG DROPPED". I was getting pretty sick of this, so when someone was running the flag back to our base and dropped it, I picked it up before he did. Dude started screaming at me, I guess he was really looking forward to capturing that flag!

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

IHatePancakes posted:

I just spent a good 15 minutes with Crackdown 2 killing kids with a helicopter. And no, I wasn't hunting them down with miniguns or blowing them up with rocket launchers. That came later. There was one kid and his friend who couldn't get a helicopter as they couldn't jump far enough yet. I offer them a ride over to the big helipad with my chopper. Now, normally when you fly low to the ground the little landing legs extend, which also let people grab on. I was just above that point, having my legs retracted. They spent a good 10 minutes jumping from underneath, head first into my rotor blades, killing themselves instantly over and over again. I, of course, keep telling them to not to jump so high, or jump from a different angle, or jump and hit Y. Eventually they gave up and then I chased them around the city with rocket launchers while they screamed at me.
This is awesome. Absolutely perfect :D

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Category Fun! posted:

I've been playing Halo 3 again recently and I came across a wonderful way to piss people off. In CTF matches, people who take the flag tend to drop it and pick it up again as they run with it. Since you walk slower with the flag and dropping the flag throws it about a foot in front of you, doing this will make you move slightly faster. The downside is that the announcer will constantly repeat "FLAG TAKENFLAG DROPPEDFFLAG TAKENFLAG DROPPEDLAG TAKENFLAG DROPPED". I was getting pretty sick of this, so when someone was running the flag back to our base and dropped it, I picked it up before he did. Dude started screaming at me, I guess he was really looking forward to capturing that flag!

Teammates also don't like it when you get on a mongoose and start racing around the map (particularly your spawn so they can see you) making race car noises.

poop
Jun 20, 2009

USER FOREVER BANNED FOR DOUBTING THE FOREVER BAN
Looks like there is a sequel to that moonbase video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8uLT_EIJjs

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

poop posted:

Why is this poo poo so goddamn funny to me...

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

poop posted:

I laughed at this so hard that my dad, who was upstairs heard me and had to come down to make sure I wasn't choking.

Powerstone
May 30, 2010

What the fuck is this?

poop posted:

The crashed rover part was drat funny, DAD NO PLEASE!

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.
Who would've thought there was that much mileage left in making text-to-speech say funny things?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Soulex posted:

Teammates also don't like it when you get on a mongoose and start racing around the map (particularly your spawn so they can see you) making race car noises.

I used to test people in Halo 3 by getting on the mongoose and going behind the enemy and honking my horn to see what people would do. Most often they would kill me, but sometimes they would actually get on and we would go for a ride together.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

poop posted:

zounds zounds get £s :monocle:

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
My god those two videos had me in stitches. God drat. Thank you.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

poop posted:

This is one of the best videos of all time.

The Oid
Jul 15, 2004

Chibber of worlds

IHatePancakes posted:

More Crackdown 2 fun: For those that haven't played either crackdown game, at the center of the map there is the agency tower. During multiplayer you can use it as a spawn point and also get helicopters if your agility skill is high enough. There is also a funny little easter egg. One of the chimneys is hollow and drops down below sea level into a giant toilet. The chimney, while small, is JUST wide enough to fit a helicopter. I fly in, and hover down to about halfway down. I then tell everyone to come meet me, and convince them to jump in. On the minimap all they can see is my triangle, and have no way of knowing I'm in a vehicle. I get 3 players to jump in more than once, right onto my whirling blades of death.

They later wise up, and end up blowing me up. Feeling victorious after defeating the "rear end in a top hat in the copter," they taunt me, daring me to come down again. I go grab another helicopter, but not after I attach explosives all around it. I fly up to the chimney, bail out, and let my helicopter fall to the bottom crushing, chopping, and then exploding when I hit the button. It was beautiful.

Another good one, is to cover your vehicle in satchel charges or duck bombs, and then drive around suicide bombing people (You can trigger grenades while driving). Trying to complete race missions is against the will of Allah.

Crackdown 2 is singlehandedly responsible for ruining my pristine Xbox Live rating. Oh well.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Oid posted:

Another good one, is to cover your vehicle in satchel charges or duck bombs, and then drive around suicide bombing people (You can trigger grenades while driving). Trying to complete race missions is against the will of Allah.

Crackdown 2 is singlehandedly responsible for ruining my pristine Xbox Live rating. Oh well.

Nah, all of the fun hating babies are responsible for ruining your pristine Xbox live rating.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

blackguy32 posted:

I used to test people in Halo 3 by getting on the mongoose and going behind the enemy and honking my horn to see what people would do. Most often they would kill me, but sometimes they would actually get on and we would go for a ride together.

I used to do this all the time with the Warthog in Halo 2 before my Xbox (non-360) bit the dust. There's something deeply entertaining about being on the Blue team and driving up to the Red base, blaring your horn, and peeling away ten seconds later with a Red passenger next to you and a Red manning the mini-gun :unsmith:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Category Fun! posted:

I like driving the mongoose up to my flag toting teammate, and giving it a little bit of gas, driving just out of reach every time he tries to hop on.

Also fun to do in that annoying rocket/mongoose racing game if you're the driver.

poop
Jun 20, 2009

USER FOREVER BANNED FOR DOUBTING THE FOREVER BAN
Okay one more video, I hope it wasn't posted in here yet.

Basically its from some text adventure (meant to be kinda arty) game. I dunno if it really counts, but its more like single player griefing I guess? v:v:v - the dude is just speaking over the top of what he types.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPx9zwH9IWc

poop fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 26, 2010

Rakanakle
Mar 17, 2009

poop posted:

Basically its from some text adventure (meant to be kinda arty) game. I dunno if it really counts, but its more like single player griefing I guess? v:v:v - the dude is just speaking over the top of what he types.

This is loving hilarious.

YOUR MARRIAGE LACKS... BLOOD

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

poop posted:

this is amazing

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

poop posted:

I am confused as to why Strongbad made an LP of facade, but it's hilarious nonetheless.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

poop posted:

This is wonderful. Facade's big gimmick is that it has a text recognition engine, so you can only open up different parts of the conversation by asking the right things.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

I WILL CONQUER YOUR COUCH!

Hydrogen
May 12, 2001

Keep It Unreal

poop posted:

THERE ARE NO HORSES and I can't stop laughing.

Rakanakle
Mar 17, 2009
I WILL NOT IMBIBE THAT LIQUID

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
Odd thing is, I ran across this (and the main LP of it) about a week ago, after remembering how weird a game this was, and wondering if anyone ever actually beat it.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
Just try saying "melon" in front of Trip. He does not like that word at all.

Anyway, not-griefing again, Sumotori Dreams is an amazing game. I guess you could think of it as griefing the fat block-men.

Sorry about the quality, it's hard to find to good videos that don't have music or TF2 sounds overlayed on them. You really need the original noises for the full effect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvq3-oG5BM

Lorak posted:

Odd thing is, I ran across this (and the main LP of it) about a week ago, after remembering how weird a game this was, and wondering if anyone ever actually beat it.

The best ending you can get is pretty much just "Look, I think we've got this under control, it's alright PalmTreeFun, you can go." It's more unrewarding as it sounds, because it feels less like you've won and more like they're making up an excuse to kick you out. No hugs, no kiss-and-make-up, it's just "alright, thanks, goodbye." Realistic to a degree, but not very satisfying.

PalmTreeFun fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 27, 2010

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

PalmTreeFun posted:

The best ending you can get is pretty much just "Look, I think we've got this under control, it's alright PalmTreeFun, you can go."
The very first time I played it I got them to open up about their problems and come to a resolution that saved their marriage, and they thanked me for being there to help them. :colbert:

Every time after that I tried to make them think I was psychic by opening with accusations of things they would only open up about later, but instead of being like OH MAN HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT they just kicked me out instantly.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Vib Rib posted:

The very first time I played it I got them to open up about their problems and come to a resolution that saved their marriage, and they thanked me for being there to help them. :colbert:

Every time after that I tried to make them think I was psychic by opening with accusations of things they would only open up about later, but instead of being like OH MAN HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT they just kicked me out instantly.

*critical interpretation error*
DIRECTIVE CHANGED: TREAT GUEST LIKE INSANE PERSON
Vib Rib, okay, you know what? I think you need to leave.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

poop posted:

I love the Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff reference near the end.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Vib Rib posted:

Among the first things I've said in a playthrough, on a whim, was: "So how's Maria doing, Trip?"

After a full minute of slack-jawed staring, and me wondering if I killed the AI by accident, both kicked me out. Guess it's more realistic than I had taken it for granted :v:

Spoiler: Trip has cheated on Grace with a business associate in Barcelona, Maria.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Its even better when you say something before you even go inside the apartment, because they don't even say anything, they just slam the door in your face.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Dinictus posted:

Among the first things I've said in a playthrough, on a whim, was: "So how's Maria doing, Trip?"
After a full minute of slack-jawed staring, and me wondering if I killed the AI by accident, both kicked me out. Guess it's more realistic than I had taken it for granted :v:
Spoiler: Trip has cheated on Grace with a business associate in Barcelona, Maria.
I totally did this. They talked about how realistic it was. If there was a computer game/program with a full -- what's the word, Turing-ready? -- AI, the first thing I'd do is find something out, load my game, then mention it and watch the character gawk at me like I was psychic.
I walked in, sat down, and said "Trip, why don't you tell Grace about Maria?". I was hoping for "HOW DID YOU KNOWWWW"

And he just kicked me out. :(
So sad.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

PalmTreeFun posted:

Just try saying "melon" in front of Trip. He does not like that word at all.

Anyway, not-griefing again, Sumotori Dreams is an amazing game. I guess you could think of it as griefing the fat block-men.

Sorry about the quality, it's hard to find to good videos that don't have music or TF2 sounds overlayed on them. You really need the original noises for the full effect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvq3-oG5BM

I was in tears by 3:00.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Dinictus posted:

Actually, if they're staring at you for a full minute, that's the AI chugging along. I thought it was bad when I loaded up Fraps and had 6-second reaction times because of it. I'm pretty sure this game just has really shoddy programming. It shows in a lot of places. Especially that distorting surfaces bug. This was made in OpenGL, and it only takes one line of code to fix that error. Oh, it's programmed in Java too.

• Locked thread