Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
OH MY GOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Incredulous Dylan posted:

OH MY GOD

:confused: Been reading JoJo's?

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
I had finished the end and a bit after of the Date fight. I read JoJo's for a long while but the really lovely quality of the scans just put me off

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Date fight was magnificent and the scan quality on the fourth part (And bits of the third) are pretty drat atrocious. Such a shame since they're probably the highpoint of it.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

901 Raw is up:

Whole chapter covers the start of the fight. The first ten seconds :gonk: Looks like we figured; Itagaki's head isn't in the game. He lands a few on Karasawa, but he doesn't seem bothered by it. Adding to it, Itagaki keeps eyeballing the clock. He's going to either get his bell rung or this'll string along to a decision. If he pulls this off and beats Ippo's time with this half-assed approach, then I'll really be upset. It's not impossible, but it'd just be... Well... Wrong.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Is 900 even up?!

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

The raw is.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Geop posted:

901 Raw is up:

Whole chapter covers the start of the fight. The first ten seconds :gonk: Looks like we figured; Itagaki's head isn't in the game. He lands a few on Karasawa, but he doesn't seem bothered by it. Adding to it, Itagaki keeps eyeballing the clock. He's going to either get his bell rung or this'll string along to a decision. If he pulls this off and beats Ippo's time with this half-assed approach, then I'll really be upset. It's not impossible, but it'd just be... Well... Wrong.

My guess is that Itagaki's gonna get his rear end beat, get real dejected from not achieving his goal, and this is all a setup for him to leave the gym a la Miyata, especially since he has a hard-on for beating Ippo whether he admits it or not. In short, Ippo drives away all talent from the gym, except for Takamura.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

pnumoman posted:

My guess is that Itagaki's gonna get his rear end beat, get real dejected from not achieving his goal, and this is all a setup for him to leave the gym a la Miyata, especially since he has a hard-on for beating Ippo whether he admits it or not. In short, Ippo drives away all talent from the gym, except for Takamura.
Kind of a possibility. I'd hate to see it simply because it'd be Woli 2.0 whenever he and Ippo fight. If he were to leave, though, he'd probably hop on over to Mashiba's gym. Who knows? Maybe the dude at Kamogawa's gym (mustache dude. For some reason I forgot his name. Shinoda?) will leave with him as his trainer :confused: It is kind of echoing that fella who was under Date at his gym. Y'know, he worshiped the ground Date walked on and never really tried to surpass him or challenge him. At least Itagaki is distantly challenging Ippo.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
wow what a crazy rear end chapter

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I too remember when the manga used to be good.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
This seems like as good a time as any to plug a video I did
(also when the manga used to be good)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75pW8OTNr4A

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Chapter 900 is up

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
I want 3d holoIppo :smith:

Also Itagaki's trunks look hilariously high on page 21.

Frabba fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 16, 2010

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

Fancy sweater vests for all!
Calling it now. Itagaki will be the last Japanese featherweight that Ippo takes on before he heads out to the world.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

frabba posted:

I want 3d holoIppo :smith:
Same here :ohdear: That thing looks so nifty. And this is coming from a goon with zero anime collectibles.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
These chapters are just awful, even the 'down' chapters seem so much worse now

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Seemed like a standard quality prefight chapter.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Seemed like a standard quality prefight chapter.

Yeah, thus far this storyline is both compelling and moving at a decent pace. You're just wary because all the love outboxers get in this manga means we think he might very well godmode his way to a round one victory.

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008
Chapter 901

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Wow going back and starting Ippo all over again I can't get over how good this series was. I still get the same feeling I did when I first read Ippo go train harder than ever before you son of a bitch. Early Ippo really helps my training haha.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
What I really want to happen in this fight is Karasawa using the same trick that Ippo used to defeat him against Itagaki. Just as a way of saying "You got a long ways to go to be on his level kid."

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So does anybody know where to read this now that Onemanga's shutting down?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Ignition-One, the group translating Ippo, has an online viewer that goes back to the first chapter.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Oh. 902's Raw came out a while back, and there is at least a script translation on I-O's forums.

Itagaki is making a joke of Karasawa, both in speed and apparently technique. Out of nowhere, Itagaki pulls off the neck-twist move that Date used against Ippo in order to reduce damage from his punches.

Evidently, though, Karasawa had a habit of being easily read in the past, prior to Sanada stepped in. Made it easy to see when he was panicking and stuff. Sanada has beaten that habit out of him, and he keeps a game face much better at this point. The fact that he's taken two full-force counters and just shrugged them off (from Itagaki's viewpoint) is part of that. At the end of the chapter, Karasawa basically says that it's time for him to take things up a notch, since their speeds are way too mis-matched.

I've hated Itagaki a lot, particularly for god-moding. At this point, it almost feels like Itagaki is the bad guy fighting a lovable protagonist. I want Karasawa to win :mad: Very much so at this point. Certainly doesn't help that Itagaki is springing around a la Woli. Makes me want to see him tarred and feathered even more. Ugh.

Anyhow, the inner-monologue by Karasawa (showed by the miniature versions of him talking near his head :3:) are just an indicator that he won't be fodder in this case. He was built up a such a badass opponent, and trained so hard, but Ippo ripped him apart. I don't want to see that happen again, especially against a goon like Itagaki.

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination
902's up

Last Ippo chapter on OM before it dies.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Why do folks still bother linking OneManga when this joint is guaranteed to have 'em? :(

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination

Geop posted:

Why do folks still bother linking OneManga when this joint is guaranteed to have 'em? :(

Just wanted to give OM the proper send off. :smith:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I hope, during the inevitable Ippo/Itagaki faceoff, Itagaki tries to pull off a head slip, and the force of Ippo's punch snaps his neck clean off of his body. I hate Itagaki.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Vagrancy posted:

Just wanted to give OM the proper send off. :smith:
Oh. Sorry :ohdear:

But yeah, Itagaki is just coming off as a bad guy in this fight. I always liked Karasawa. Even though Ippo made a mockery of him, he was an awesome character. He'd better not end up as fodder, but as Itagaki's wake-up call. In the sense that the ROOKIE SENSATION loses and is put in his place. Then again, it feels like they want Saeki and Itagaki to fight or something :(

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

it was ok until she started peeing on me

Geop posted:

Oh. Sorry :ohdear:

But yeah, Itagaki is just coming off as a bad guy in this fight. I always liked Karasawa. Even though Ippo made a mockery of him, he was an awesome character. He'd better not end up as fodder, but as Itagaki's wake-up call. In the sense that the ROOKIE SENSATION loses and is put in his place. Then again, it feels like they want Saeki and Itagaki to fight or something :(

They are telegraphing Itagaki losing this fight pretty hard. Then Aokimura is gonna win both their fights.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've always liked Itagaki, since it was nice having the contrast of a really talented boxer who just never thinks straight in a fight. Even so, I'm rooting for Karasawa in this one. I don't dislike Itagaki in this bout, but it's kinda hard to dislike a guy who gets advice from little ghost versions of himself. Karasawa's awesome.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

903 raw is up.

gently caress yes.

Chapter rolls along with the two of them throwing out exchanges. Past a point, Itagaki is almost playing with him. He repeatedly lands good counters on Karasawa's face, and even does a pretty solid feint. He sees the clock is nearing a minute left in the first round, and he decides to try closing it in a hurry. He then slips in to MIYATA-KUN~~'s signature Jolt stance. Following this, Karasawa punches at Itagaki once more, and it does a wide-view of Kourakuen. Last page shows that Karasawa managed to somehow nail Itagaki, making the Jolt backfire. Chapter ends with Itagaki's rear end on the canvas.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Geop posted:

903 raw is up.

gently caress yes.

Chapter rolls along with the two of them throwing out exchanges. Past a point, Itagaki is almost playing with him. He repeatedly lands good counters on Karasawa's face, and even does a pretty solid feint. He sees the clock is nearing a minute left in the first round, and he decides to try closing it in a hurry. He then slips in to MIYATA-KUN~~'s signature Jolt stance. Following this, Karasawa punches at Itagaki once more, and it does a wide-view of Kourakuen. Last page shows that Karasawa managed to somehow nail Itagaki, making the Jolt backfire. Chapter ends with Itagaki's rear end on the canvas.

Nevermind, Looks like Itagaki is gonna win.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Cowboy posted:

Nevermind, Looks like Itagaki is gonna win.
Probably :smith: This is just a reality check

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just caught up to 902. I accidentally moused over a spoiler on this page around chapter 600 and my peripheral vision for some reason read "ippo is going to have to start all over now" and i basically read 300 chapters "knowing" that everything ippo was working for would be reset somehow around chapter 900. you can imagine what that woli fight was like for me

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Incredulous Dylan posted:

Just caught up to 902. I accidentally moused over a spoiler on this page around chapter 600 and my peripheral vision for some reason read "ippo is going to have to start all over now" and i basically read 300 chapters "knowing" that everything ippo was working for would be reset somehow around chapter 900. you can imagine what that woli fight was like for me

You had it good then cause we all knew he was going to win, and was loving pissed that he did.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah that was actually the only fight (that spanned many chapters) that I felt was really lovely.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
RAW of 904 is out:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0dxc3823r9zkmpb

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
Ok, I am really hating this starvin marvin art style for this fight. Alot. I liked it more when they all looked like heavyweights :-(