Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I don't think they 'forgot' it, pretty sure they knew they could finish that area later and charge us for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

What do you think is the most difficult title to get? I just got "Bouncer", which is a 5:1 kill ratio in Hold Your Own, which was loving haaaaard to get.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Some of them are pretty easy. Get a high powered pistol and pistol rape everybody.

I'm not quite sure how I got the "In the Closet" title though...

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you
I wish when you highlighted a title it told you how you got it. Hardly a clue where any of them came from.

Also, one of the later DLCs said "new gang hideouts" so I'm hoping for the Serendipity as well as Cochinay.

Paint-Drinking Pete
Apr 9, 2009

Ace of Knaves posted:

Last night, when starting a new session, I whistled for my horse in Armadillo. Turns out the thing was stuck in a barn, jammed sideways in a stable. No amount of manipulating the thing would get it out, and I ended up teleporting to another location in order to call it again. Once I got on the thing, it slowly started to sink through the terrain, and by the time I got to my destination, it was knee-deep in the dirt.

Sounds like your horse just gave up hope.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y688upqmRXo

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Today I just attempted to play the fame for the first time on my Xbox. I can't seem to play the game for more than about 5 minutes before the game crashes back to the xbox system menu, or the game goes completely silent. It has crashed during the opening train ride, or if I skip that, it crashes while following the first guide on horseback.

I tried looking for solutions with google, but couldn't find anything other than the fact that it has happened to other people. Is there anything I can do to get the game to run right, or am I just screwed.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Sco Dylan posted:

I wish when you highlighted a title it told you how you got it. Hardly a clue where any of them came from.

Also, one of the later DLCs said "new gang hideouts" so I'm hoping for the Serendipity as well as Cochinay.

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Titles

In the Closet = Complete a gang shootout without dying

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

GenoCanSing posted:

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Titles

In the Closet = Complete a gang shootout without dying

Good link, i'd put it in the OP but there is already a link to the wiki there. The best title is Untouchable Gunslinger and it's super easy to get. Complete Gaptooth Breach, Solomon's Folly, Tesoro Asul, and Nosalida in 36 game hours without dying. (PS3 only)

(eat it 360)

Hogarth Hughes
Apr 16, 2006

"As for me, people will be pleased to escape from me in one piece."

:black101:

Orvin posted:

Today I just attempted to play the fame for the first time on my Xbox. I can't seem to play the game for more than about 5 minutes before the game crashes back to the xbox system menu, or the game goes completely silent. It has crashed during the opening train ride, or if I skip that, it crashes while following the first guide on horseback.

I tried looking for solutions with google, but couldn't find anything other than the fact that it has happened to other people. Is there anything I can do to get the game to run right, or am I just screwed.

Probably a manufacturing defect in the disc itself, if you aren't having problems with other games. We just picked up Guitar Hero 5 from gamestop the other day and the disc we got would get to about 75% when I installed it and then quit. You could play the game right up until a song would start and then it would crash. Returned disc for a different one and that one was just fine.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
So I started a new game after this patch and, well, I've never heard the background music play so often, nor did I hear shopkeepers chatter so frequently. I like it better this way, really; I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen the same.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Shortymrbig posted:

Hey ho. DLC trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-legends-red-dead/702549

All Red Dead Revolver Characters revealed. Let's go Jack Swift!
Hmm, never played Revolver. I wish there were title cards for all these sweet characters I don't recognize.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

I think this Sunday any PS3ers who can should rustle up and do some poo poo like co op or whatever. Advanced Free Roam can be fun too (when there are other people :/ )

PSN HappyPantsDance

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Carbohydrates posted:

Hmm, never played Revolver. I wish there were title cards for all these sweet characters I don't recognize.

Never played! Sir, I must ask you to return your RDR.

Who don't you recognize?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

not sure if this has been posted before but here is a really great little video on how the soundtrack was made: http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/episode/2761-red-dead-redemption/1

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Earwicker posted:

not sure if this has been posted before but here is a really great little video on how the soundtrack was made: http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/episode/2761-red-dead-redemption/1

Awesome. The dynamic soundtrack is brilliant.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
I'm late to the multiplayer part. Is there a particular page in this thread (or another thread) where people posted PSN usernames? I need someone to play with. :(

My PSN username is pblast .

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anyone on PS3 know if you can gameshare the DLC on this? My group would be interested in the one coming out this Tuesday.

Also I will be down for any RDR coop, because I really didn't get a chance to try out the MP because of my exam (which is now OVER!) so I am down. PSN is DocFuzz.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Okay, so, I am not super savvy about xbox live. I don't download movies on it or stream anything or do much beyond just having an extremely short friends list and playing online.

I was in free roam, some dude was a public enemy in Armadillo, on the rooftops. I pull out a carcano, blow his head off, and go off into a co op game. One, ONE time I shot him.

30 seconds later, he messages me "You sorry son of a bitch, all of my friends are going to report you." I think "...report me for shooting you in a shooting game?!" I go back to live a couple hours later, and I've got like five messages saying things like "HIS BEST FRIEND IS A MODERATOR SAY GOODBYE TO UR ACCOUNT" and "you are soooooooooo gone".

I've never experienced this level of lunacy on live. Is this something that happens a lot in other games? He thinks someone who kills him ONE TIME should be banned?! Outside of affecting my "rep", does any of this mean anything?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

GenoCanSing posted:

I've never experienced this level of lunacy on live. Is this something that happens a lot in other games? He thinks someone who kills him ONE TIME should be banned?! Outside of affecting my "rep", does any of this mean anything?

It doesn't mean anything other than "Welcome to the wonderful world of Xbox Live pubbies."

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

GenoCanSing posted:

One of my friends reports anyone who annoys him. We've reported each other. It does literally nothing. Besides that, I think rating a player, whether good or bad, causes their overall rating to go up. It's worthless.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Childlike Empress posted:

I'm late to the multiplayer part. Is there a particular page in this thread (or another thread) where people posted PSN usernames? I need someone to play with. :(

My PSN username is pblast .

I dunno about a big collection, but my PSN is Soysaucebeast and if anyone needs a multiplayer trophy or something I'm completely free all day this Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, and all day next Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. Work loving up my hours can at least benefit someone!

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?
Where was the post that outlined the DLC that's upcoming?

EDIT: Hey jerk read the first post

Mister Bung fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Aug 8, 2010

Ace of Knaves
May 8, 2009

Green Puddin posted:

I think this Sunday any PS3ers who can should rustle up and do some poo poo like co op or whatever. Advanced Free Roam can be fun too (when there are other people :/ )

PSN HappyPantsDance

Yeah, I'm up for that. I've got a birthday party to attend at noon, but I'm hoping to be out of there by 3 at the latest. Any time after that should be good. HPD, I've already got you as a friend, and I'll send out requests to DocFuzz and pblast in a few.

PSN: Knaves_77

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Finally ground out the Mowing them Down achievement this morning, what a bitch. But in the process I discovered there's a shitton of fun challenges to do in Multiplayer too, and I earned the best multiplayer title I've seen so far: Enemy of the State, earned for getting a $5000 bounty. :ese: :smug:

Paint-Drinking Pete
Apr 9, 2009

GenoCanSing posted:

RDR players are seriously some touchy people. Since I've started playing online my rep have gone from 100% positive to 66% of people avoiding me for "unsportsman like conduct." I don't really grief people so I assume it's because I'm such a wild west bad rear end.

And the best title is obviously "The Coward" (you get it for killing a public enemy while you are also most wanted) because it pisses people off so much more when you are beating them in gang matches or shootouts.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

GenoCanSing posted:

Okay, so, I am not super savvy about xbox live. I don't download movies on it or stream anything or do much beyond just having an extremely short friends list and playing online.

I was in free roam, some dude was a public enemy in Armadillo, on the rooftops. I pull out a carcano, blow his head off, and go off into a co op game. One, ONE time I shot him.

30 seconds later, he messages me "You sorry son of a bitch, all of my friends are going to report you." I think "...report me for shooting you in a shooting game?!" I go back to live a couple hours later, and I've got like five messages saying things like "HIS BEST FRIEND IS A MODERATOR SAY GOODBYE TO UR ACCOUNT" and "you are soooooooooo gone".

You've found an excellent trolling target.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Paint-Drinking Pete posted:

And the best title is obviously "The Coward" (you get it for killing a public enemy while you are also most wanted) because it pisses people off so much more when you are beating them in gang matches or shootouts.

So true. I had a couple kids go ballistic when they tried to kill me when I was most wanted and I just kept mowing them down. I'm talking spend half an hour tracking me across the map because I stopped a guy short of getting a trophy.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
... I really need to play this in MP more.

So anyone know about gamesharing the DLC on PSN at all? I have a feeling you can't, just because of how it seems to unlock the DLC from within RDR's frontend.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

ShowTime posted:

So true. I had a couple kids go ballistic when they tried to kill me when I was most wanted and I just kept mowing them down. I'm talking spend half an hour tracking me across the map because I stopped a guy short of getting a trophy.

For some reason, the online for Rockstar games seems to attract the most incredibly dedicated crowd of angry 12 year olds I've ever seen--I'm starting to think it adds to the experience. Upside is, the rest of the players generally seem to be the chiller side of Live users; nothing they put out will top some of the police escapes I'd get into with strangers on GTA4, though. Oh well.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Nathilus posted:

You've found an excellent trolling target.

Turns out I apparently shot him $100 away from the $5,000 trophy, and as soon as I shot him I left FR to go into co op, and this just caused the guys brain to snap like a rubber band. One of the messages from his friends began with "I am disappointed in you." Can you even BE disappointed in someone you don't know!?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

GenoCanSing posted:

Turns out I apparently shot him $100 away from the $5,000 trophy, and as soon as I shot him I left FR to go into co op, and this just caused the guys brain to snap like a rubber band. One of the messages from his friends began with "I am disappointed in you." Can you even BE disappointed in someone you don't know!?

it's Live people, they're a different breed than the PSN folks. I've been called a dick for shooting Public Enemies, yeah. it happens. Especially when you're standing on the roof of the saloon in Armadillo, and I happen to be in the area with a sniper rifle. Do I feel bad about it? No. :clint:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Goddammit, Rufus... SHUT UP!

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
Shortymrbig keeps telling me they're going to add poker and liar's dice to multiplayer. Is it in the new DLC? Is there anything in the new DLC to spruce up free roam? After getting legend the first time it's lost its appeal.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Golgozor posted:

Shortymrbig keeps telling me they're going to add poker and liar's dice to multiplayer. Is it in the new DLC? Is there anything in the new DLC to spruce up free roam? After getting legend the first time it's lost its appeal.

Yeah, it's going to be added in to FR in a DLC, not the one that comes out this week though.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Oh man I thought it would be. But I'm dumb.

At least there's tomahawks!

EDIT: Knaves I don't blame you if you don't want to play anymore I didn't know a snipe to the face would kill you during co op

Gratuitous Whimsy
Aug 20, 2009
So, I've beaten the game... any fun ways of terrorizing the population that you guys could recommend? Lassoing people and dragging them behind my horse and dropping hogtied people off cliffs never gets old, but I would like some more variety in being the biggest rear end in a top hat in the west.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Push people over, if they're unarmed, you generally get away with it and can do it all over town.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Gratuitous Whimsy posted:

So, I've beaten the game... any fun ways of terrorizing the population that you guys could recommend? Lassoing people and dragging them behind my horse and dropping hogtied people off cliffs never gets old, but I would like some more variety in being the biggest rear end in a top hat in the west.

Go to Armadillo, play poker until you lose one time (or fold or win). Fire upon the hapless boobs. Stay in the poker room and mow down everyone who comes "investigating the noise". They stop after a while. Good way to increase the bounty quickly, good for getting the Riding South achievement as well.

Also fun, for as long as you can get away with it. Go into any Bar, (Armadillo is best again) Lasso/Hogtie as many people as you can. Anyone who tries to shoot you, including Johnny Law, get's disarmed and lassoed. You can then stack the bodies like wood, which means that the burn like wood as well. Turn a whole town into human Lincoln Logs. I would recommend bringing lots of Vittles if you're gonna do this (at least for the start)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
gently caress that wild horse roping mission near the end. Not only is it night-time but the goddamn camera is out of sync for everything after the first horse so you can never tell which side you're leaning. I've never failed to break a horse before this but I just got thrown by five in a row. On top of that I can't even shoot that gently caress that's mocking me each time I get thrown. And the horse that throws you is invincible so you can't even take vengeance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Gratuitous Whimsy posted:

kick over the piano player's stool.

• Locked thread