Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Dick Trauma posted:

gently caress that wild horse roping mission near the end. Not only is it night-time but the goddamn camera is out of sync for everything after the first horse so you can never tell which side you're leaning. I've never failed to break a horse before this but I just got thrown by five in a row. On top of that I can't even shoot that gently caress that's mocking me each time I get thrown. And the horse that throws you is invincible so you can't even take vengeance.

Uh... you can do it during the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Fuzz posted:

Uh... you can do it during the day.

That's when I started. :qq:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Well, the big day for the DLC. Any word on what time it'll break?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Golgozor posted:

Shortymrbig keeps telling me they're going to add poker and liar's dice to multiplayer. Is it in the new DLC? Is there anything in the new DLC to spruce up free roam? After getting legend the first time it's lost its appeal.

The next couple DLCS. Not this one, but we're getting there!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Which DLC adds the other preorder costumes? Or do we know yet?

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Which DLC adds the other preorder costumes? Or do we know yet?

Probably freeroam. They are making those costumes free as an apology for all the MP fuckups, and the freeroam DLC is likely to be free.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Ahahaha, tomahawking people in the back is everything I imagined it would be.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

For any PS3 players we're getting a DLC share together over Here.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
Can you get the tomahawk in SP, and if so, where?

e: Purchased @ Manzanita Post, in case someone else wanders into this thread trying to find out the same thing

nuncle jimbo fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 10, 2010

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

uncle jimbo posted:

e: Purchased @ Manzanita Post, in case someone else wanders into this thread trying to find out the same thing

And there's an achievement for completing the new challenge string for the tomahawk in SP as well!

E: \/\/\/ About 50 MB.

Peas and Rice fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 10, 2010

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

How big is the L&K download?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

GenoCanSing posted:

How big is the L&K download?

41 MB.

Ace of Knaves
May 8, 2009

Green Puddin posted:

Oh man I thought it would be. But I'm dumb.

At least there's tomahawks!

EDIT: Knaves I don't blame you if you don't want to play anymore I didn't know a snipe to the face would kill you during co op

It's not you, it's me...

No, really. I don't know if it was my router or what, but I couldn't hold a connection for more than two minutes at a time last night. I don't plan on getting any of the new DLC, but if people are up for playing tonight, there's a good chance I'll be there.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

uncle jimbo posted:

Aww, drat. I was hoping I could get them at the start of a new game :( Unless someone has figured out how to glitch into New Elizabeth.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Gratuitous Whimsy posted:

So, I've beaten the game... any fun ways of terrorizing the population that you guys could recommend? Lassoing people and dragging them behind my horse and dropping hogtied people off cliffs never gets old, but I would like some more variety in being the biggest rear end in a top hat in the west.

Lasso someone at the train station. Slowly walk up the train's stairs, keeping them lassoed.

Drag victim behind train.

Achieve hilarity.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Capn Beeb posted:

Aww, drat. I was hoping I could get them at the start of a new game :( Unless someone has figured out how to glitch into New Elizabeth.

Get a bounty going at MacFarlane Ranch, then head north above the boar icon on the map into the rock formation; it should pop up as 'Tall Trees'. Then allow yourself to get arrested. You'll be taken to the Blackwater jail.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

How does one use the Tomahawk as a melee weapon? I can only throw it.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I don't have the DLC, but I imagine it works the same way you melee with your shotgun, rifle or pistol. Get close to a guy and press your fire button.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Finally finished it. That was a whole lot of story. Outstanding.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
Just played a little multiplayer with the new DLC. Blackwater is the loving best map. It's so hectic.

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I wasn't going to request an add to the metatag because the multiplayer in GTA4 sucked so bad, but I'm afraid now I might have to cause free roam in this has really given the game a lot of new life, especially as my fat gently caress Revolver guy. What is it, RedDeadGoons? My GT is Liquid Stuart

edit: follow-up question, does anybody still play

Pees With Boner fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 11, 2010

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Pees With Boner posted:

I wasn't going to request an add to the metatag because the multiplayer in GTA4 sucked so bad, but I'm afraid now I might have to cause free roam in this has really given the game a lot of new life, especially as my fat gently caress Revolver guy. What is it, RedDeadGoons? My GT is Liquid Stuart

I started playing more of the multiplayer actually since the new updates. I was never able to play before.

Starting a new game, its nice to see John Marston again. :3:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Philip J Fry posted:

Get a bounty going at MacFarlane Ranch, then head north above the boar icon on the map into the rock formation; it should pop up as 'Tall Trees'. Then allow yourself to get arrested. You'll be taken to the Blackwater jail.

Holy poo poo, neato. Are the shops and items available? Can you fast travel back there once you leave?

E:

Looks like it was patched out. I had to clear my cache to get Tall Trees to trigger on the rock formation near the water fall. Why is there no game+? It'd be nice for beating the game once already, or getting 100% and "Oh hey, you want to play again? Ok, here's a full map! :)" or something :\

Haha and now I'm stuck up north, can't fast travel to New Austin.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 11, 2010

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Pees With Boner posted:

I didn't play any online for this game to speak of before, because I was more interested in the SP. I ended up getting distracted by some other games or small shiny objects and didn't even manage to complete SP.

With the new add-on though I would be game for some online free-roam or whatever. my GT is Underwhelmd

So then, which meta-tag is actually active these days? I'm on number 2 but not a single goon was playing last night.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

In about ten or fifteen minutes, a goon and I are going to go for a trophy run (starting with the hideouts in ten minutes one) and are wondering if anyone else would like to join along. Just friend invite or message me and I'll get you in on it.

PSN HappyPantsDance

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Green Puddin posted:

In about ten or fifteen minutes, a goon and I are going to go for a trophy run (starting with the hideouts in ten minutes one) and are wondering if anyone else would like to join along. Just friend invite or message me and I'll get you in on it.

PSN HappyPantsDance

Dang, I would've liked to have gone. That's what I get for watching Carnivale.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Someone stole my horse. He wasn't outside the shack and when I whistled I found him pulling the stagecoach.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I just got a 15 kill streak in a gang shootout, felt quite :smug: with myself (because I'm usually just terrible)

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Are there any good places to farm up pistol ammo? Everyone I kill uses revolvers and I'm full up on that.

Also, goddamn Two Trees is rough. I can't harvest or kill anything without getting gang raped by bears or wolves.

Remmiz
May 3, 2009

GRUUUUUUMMBLES!

Ghostnuke posted:

Are there any good places to farm up pistol ammo?

Gunsmith in Blackwater?

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

Ghostnuke posted:

Are there any good places to farm up pistol ammo? Everyone I kill uses revolvers and I'm full up on that.

Also, goddamn Two Trees is rough. I can't harvest or kill anything without getting gang raped by bears or wolves.

Play five finger fillet, make $100 every minute and buy everything you need.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

There aren't any hideouts or anything where people drop pistols reliably? I know I can buy it, but that's really expensive isnt it? I remember seeing something that was like $20 for 5 shots...

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Twenty a clip, and he has five clips in stock. It confused me at first too.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
A clip? How big is the clip? I always thought it was just an arbitrarily large number.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
It probably is, I just made passing half-sense of it and kept buying ammo. It's more than a bullet a purchase, and is potentially some arbitrary amount of shooting. We've figured this much out!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Ghostnuke posted:

There aren't any hideouts or anything where people drop pistols reliably? I know I can buy it, but that's really expensive isnt it? I remember seeing something that was like $20 for 5 shots...
If you're really desperate you could just kill cops in Blackwater for ammo.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Requesting DLC or cheat or whatever to play as Red in single player cause drat this rules hard.

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you
Double XP weekend!

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Buying pistol ammo in the store gets you 20 bullets per time you buy.

And really, 100 bucks for going from 0 to full for pistol ammo isn't bad at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Ending bummed me out big style and i would have liked for bonnie to player a bigger role later in the game but it bummed me out in a good way.

• Locked thread